• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
You just know that somewhere down the line there's gonna be a confuse-all boss in an event that gives a character with a 'clear all party debuffs' soul break and then the crazies will be the ones having the last laugh.

:(

Reading more about it and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fall flat on my face in this new event. Errbody (FFVII) at level 1...

Maybe my level 30 Bard will save the day!

>_>

Falk

that puzzling face
I think the next time Core daily comes around I'm gonna level ranger/WHM/BM/Fighter

Some of their Materia looks like it'll come in handy down the road. Magic recharge per stage yeh yeh yeh.

XJF

Loving the VII and IV events. I have synergy gear sets for all my party for both worlds. Should be relatively easy I hope. Aeris/th FTW!

Maybe I should try to power level Tifa a bit real quick... Someone guide me please.

If only Cait Sith was available. I'd use the hell out of him.

jwhit28

I wish there was a way to save parties like in Terra Battle. Are we following the same release order as Japan? How long did they wait for FFIX stuff?

edit: I found a list of the events Japan has already done. http://chrysaliswiki.com/guides:events-of-record-keeper

We seem to be following the same schedule but we got FFVII first instead of FFIV. I would guess because it's more popular in the West.

Wazzy

Banned
Maybe I should try to power level Tifa a bit real quick... Someone guide me please.

I would recommend Cloud or Sephiroth since they're the highest attack.

I'm sure you can get them high enough before event ends!

I would recommend Cloud or Sephiroth since they're the highest attack.

I'm sure you can get them high enough before event ends!
In that case I'd go with Sephiroth because at least using him is a bit of a novelty, but I dislike them both so much. :/ I'm running Tifa solo through the FFVII elites right now to try and net her some quick levels. I have enough VII gear that she's surviving even at her low level. I might do the same with Sephy afterward. (Or just go for Aerith real quick and then do so with her.) Thanks Wazzy. :)

I'm pretty sure my penchant for using weird parties is gonna be a problem for me down the line. I have two Core Class characters in my main group right now, and it's not even the two that most people use. (I'm rocking Bard & Warrior.) XD

Wazzy

Banned
So how exactly do new realms get added in? Is there an event and then once completed it opens up the realm? Or is there just an event that immediately gives you the realm to go through?

In that case I'd go with Sephiroth because at least using him is a bit of a novelty, but I dislike them both so much. :/ I'm running Tifa solo through the FFVII elites right now to try and net her some quick levels. I have enough VII gear that she's surviving even at her low level. I might do the same with Sephy afterward. (Or just go for Aerith real quick and then do so with her.) Thanks Wazzy. :)

I'm pretty sure my penchant for using weird parties is gonna be a problem for me down the line. I have two Core Class characters in my main group right now, and it's not even the two that most people use. (I'm rocking Bard & Warrior.) XD
Sephiroth will give you black magic option too which is nice! I prefer Cloud but Sephy is on his level so picking whichever you like better is still a good choice. :)

I'm sure you'll be good if you still have a couple hard hitters like Rydia and someone with good defense. I booted Warrior from my party almost right away LOL but I'm super into the big names, especially once we get VIII. <3

Om3ga

When I got Sephiroth I was able to solo all the 3-5 stamina floors of the event no problem. He leveled up to 20 pretty fast doing this.

Actually did this when I got Dark Knight and Pally Cecil as well. Easy and Normal should be doable with the 1 or 2 characters you want to level.

So how exactly do new realms get added in? Is there an event and then once completed it opens up the realm? Or is there just an event that immediately gives you the realm to go through?

Sephiroth will give you black magic option too which is nice! I prefer Cloud but Sephy is on his level so picking whichever you like better is still a good choice. :)

I'm sure you'll be good if you still have a couple hard hitters like Rydia and someone with good defense. I booted Warrior from my party almost right away LOL but I'm super into the big names, especially once we get VIII. <3
I got both Rydia and Kain (highest defense stat) in my main party, so I hope they can help carry the burden. I'll swap one of my cores with Tifa for now and see if I need to put Sephiroth in down the road. Once we get access to a larger variety of characters, I'm sure I'll be able to find some more balanced party make-ups. I know the FFVIII cast offers a lot of options. (I scoped out their ability lists before.)

I'm aching for the two characters they just released in Japan too.
Edward and Mog.

When I got Sephiroth I was able to solo all the 3-5 stamina floors of the event no problem. He leveled up to 20 pretty fast doing this.

Actually did this when I got Dark Knight and Pally Cecil as well. Easy and Normal should be doable with the 1 or 2 characters you want to level.
Thanks for the tip. I did the same with Paladin Cecil just recently. :)

Xetherion

Tifa's actually a good choice because she's the only one with a farmable weapon from VII. She was actually my highest hitter in the last VII event due to her having maxed Leather Gloves++. That includes Sephiroth.

Tifa's actually a good choice because she's the only one with a farmable weapon from VII. She was actually my highest hitter in the last VII event due to her having maxed Leather Gloves++. That includes Sephiroth.
The Leather Gloves, right? Where does those drop, is it the Torna Canal/Wind Shrine? (FFV) I've seen people say both.

Looking forward to the new event but really wanted to farm power/black orbs today and fire orbs tomorrow :( But would love to blast through the new event also seeing as my FFVII guys are all 40+ and Cloud will be 50.

Just tried doing elite Siren and she's still rather tough. Need more double cuts and fire attacks honing it seems (which is why I need the above farming). She hits hard especially in undead form. Probably wasn't too far off mastering but lost 3 guys in the process.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm reassessing my opinion of the Gysahl rewards.

They're kind of ass. Stuff that you already have too many of from the previous two events, and then a minor poison resist VI ring and a minor confusion resist VII ring for 10 grand each.

I'm just gonna grab the two hit accessories (Sniper Eye), then Aeris and the staff++ and armor++ and call it a day.

edit: They'd be good for people just jumping in, don't get me wrong. Power Wrists and Earrings are a cool DPS boost you can't get anywhere else.

Negator

Depends on how good the EXP/Stam is. If it's great for FF7 characters, it might be worthwhile to farm it until it ends for all the orbs that you need. I fully intend on grinding until I can buy all the Non-Elemental Orb*** and Power Orb**/*** as I can, while also getting Aeris and Sephiroth levelled up.

Goal of today: all of the curaga! Got a ton of holy orbs, enough for at least rank two, so going to farm the hell out of white orbs with power orbs being a secondary bonus.

Shahed

So glad I got the Knife and Mythril Knife++ beforehand for today's Daily. While I've got nothing in terms of armour, I kill things in one or two hits depending on the character. Prepping for an event and then executing is half the fun :)

reKon

Banned
I wish I could get more lesser power orbs on normal. I honestly don't know what to prioritize because I still have to beat the IV event, but I want orbs and I want to farm for the VII event..

Althane

I wish I could get more lesser power orbs on normal. I honestly don't know what to prioritize because I still have to beat the IV event, but I want orbs and I want to farm for the VII event..

Run the first Hard, and then retreat after.

With no record synergies, I Expert (not Master) Cleared the dungeon at levels 28-30, with mostly 3* and 4* equipment (I have one 5*, Genji Armor).

Red Mage

So, in preparation of tonight's event...

A) Anyone know if thunder is still the go-to element for this one?
B) Is Quickness worth investing in for Tifa?

Althane

So, in preparation of tonight's event...

A) Anyone know if thunder is still the go-to element for this one?
B) Is Quickness worth investing in for Tifa?

A) Boss apparently has Thunder resist, and no elemental weaknesses.

B) I'd like an answer to that as well.

reKon

Banned
Got three Leather Gloves for Tifa, pretty easy too. The Gaelicats (sp?) in the first stage of Torna Canal (FFV) drop them.

I've basically wasted 6 trys trying to get a couple of leather gloves. I've literally gotten multiple equipment drops from every singlr enemy other than the Gaelicat. I was hoping that this would be a faster process because the game has no problem giving me a ton of XII gear. This fucking game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom