• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyrick

Is there any point in hoarding mythril, outside of the free 11th pull, or should I just redeem them every time I collect 5?

Do you want to suffer a lot of disappointment at one time or spread that disappointment out over several intervals?

Really though, the only reason to hold off spending it is the extra pull and the chance at rares that are not available yet.

Do you want to suffer a lot of disappointment at one time or spread that disappointment out over several intervals?

Really though, the only reason to hold off spending it is the extra pull and the chance at rares that are not available yet.

Ha, ha, ha. Thanks. This is pretty much what I had expected.

Shahed

If you're strong enough for whatver you're doing now I'd say hold off on the pull. I used to pull all the time, but now I spent a few on my inventory and I'm gonna save the rest for my big pull. If you hit a wall though, by all means pull since getting one good drop might be the difference.

There's other things to consider as well. If it's weapon or armour material day and you don't have much of anything left to upgrade, you could always make a few pulls and upgrade whatever. There's no real right answer so just do what feels right at the time

Shahed

Not sure if I'll bother with the new accessories. I've got too many as it is taking up space and contemplated selling some

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm reassessing my opinion of the Gysahl rewards.

They're kind of ass. Stuff that you already have too many of from the previous two events, and then a minor poison resist VI ring and a minor confusion resist VII ring for 10 grand each.

I'm just gonna grab the two hit accessories (Sniper Eye), then Aeris and the staff++ and armor++ and call it a day.

edit: They'd be good for people just jumping in, don't get me wrong. Power Wrists and Earrings are a cool DPS boost you can't get anywhere else.

What are gysahl rewards? I don't see them.

TheContact

Been farming for the leather gloves all morning because I accidentally sold my upgraded leather gloves, so far I've gotten one =(

Falk

that puzzling face
B) Is Quickness worth investing in for Tifa?

I dunno, the way I'm seeing it is, almost any situation where the DPS increase of Haste on Tifa is meaningful is one where she probably hits like a truck hence you want both slots to stuff as many attack abilities as you can on Tifa.

Exception might be unless you either don't have the slot on white magic user for Haste, maybe, or don't have the turn to spare for it because white magic user is frantically spamming heals.

Website doesn't load.

Works for me

What are gysahl rewards? I don't see them.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160163530&postcount=3604

Flambe

Bit late but I'd like to give thanks for the force gpu tip, worked like a hot Damn on my note 3 =)

And bring on the Aerith tonight!

I dunno, the way I'm seeing it is, almost any situation where the DPS increase of Haste on Tifa is meaningful is one where she probably hits like a truck hence you want both slots to stuff as many attack abilities as you can on Tifa.

Exception might be unless you either don't have the slot on white magic user for Haste, maybe, or don't have the turn to spare for it because white magic user is frantically spamming heals.

Works for me

Tried on both mobile and desktop. Nothing loads.

Falk

that puzzling face
PH0vJDH.png

I dunno what to tell you mayn :|

garath

Hm.. a VII event again? If I remember correctly, we didn't have much in the way of VII weapons but armor was easy enough to come by. Cloud + Sepiroth + Tifa is going to be so much ownage here.

TheContact

How useful is Charge compared to Double Cut or even Jump?

Same. Saying that I wouldn't understand it anyway!

Charge is pretty damn useful. Hits for a lot and only take a little longer to charge than a normal attack. I'd use it over Jump unless you're fighting from the back row or boss is ranged only
Double cut is amazing especially on Cloud

Shahed

Oh cool. I've got 3 Double Cuts and 2 Jumps all at their initial level. Once I'm done with today's Orbs, I'll be able to upgrade two of the Double Cuts. Was wondering if I should get Charge but I think I'll pass until a bit later then whem I have mlre Orbs. Jump does a lot of damage from Cecil and Cloud also has an Element Strike on top of Double Cut so getting more levels is probably a better idea. Double Cut really helps on the Hars Daily's since sometimes he'll kill two enemies in one move

TheExodu5

Banned
Equipment - Cost - Amount Can Purchase
---------------------
Power Staff (IV) - (30 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 3
Bulletproof Vest (VII) - (30 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 3
Power Wrist (VII) - (150 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 2
Sniper's Eye (VI) - (150 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 2
Earrings (VII) - (2,000 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Chocobo Feather (VII) - (2,000 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Jewel Ring (VI) - (10,000 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Peace Ring (VII) - (10,000 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1

These are the equips you can get from the Aeris event

You can also exchange for mythril (!)

Others

Mythril - (50 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 2
Mythril - (120 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Mythril - (180 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Mythril - (250 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1

What do Jewel Ring and Peace Ring do? Not sure if it's going to be worth farming for them.

Althane

What do Jewel Ring and Peace Ring do? Not sure if it's going to be worth farming for them.

Peace Ring is a low resist for Confusion. Jewel Ring is a low resist for Petrify. Probably not worth the stam refreshes that they'll take to get.

Think the guess is that you're able to get the Mythril, Aeris, and a few orbs before the event ends, without having to refresh any stamina.

Edit: Grand total of 74735 greens needed to buy everything? lolno

Falk

that puzzling face
You theoretically should be able to get just over 20,000 Gysahl just from natural stamina regen doing nothing but the event with no wastage from failing or sitting at max stamina.

Obviously that's not even remotely possible or practical unless you want to poopsock and forego everything else while the event runs.

PSA: Pally Cecil can not use Curaga.... A little too true to it's FF4 roots there...

I figured Curaga may save Cecil from being replaced by Aerith when the time came... Nope, he's being super replaced now.

I take it the enemies drop nothing other than greens, gold and exp? This is going to be quite tedious just running this on hard to get greens for a week. I'll probably stop with the character a few low cost items and the mythril, the orbs Youre probably better off just running the dailies unless you have specific needs.

Althane

You theoretically should be able to get just over 20,000 Gysahl just from natural stamina regen doing nothing but the event with no wastage from failing or sitting at max stamina.

Obviously that's not even remotely possible or practical unless you want to poopsock and forego everything else while the event runs.

Yeah, no.

I'm gonna set realistic goals for myself this event. Aeris for first, and then Mythril. Anything more than that is just bonus.

Edit: Just in case nobody else has seen it yet:

Green Gettin' Guide

garath

Yeah, no.

I'm gonna set realistic goals for myself this event. Aeris for first, and then Mythril. Anything more than that is just bonus.

Edit: Just in case nobody else has seen it yet:

Green Gettin' Guide

You've pretty much outlined my strategy. Aeris first, then Mythril. Nothing but net after that. Thanks for the guide link. I'm going to start with easy, clear it, go medium, clear it then just grind out the hards. This is providing my mid to high 30s team can do so efficiently. Tifa + Cloud + Sepiroth should be able to though.

Negator

You have to buy Aeris? I assumed she'd be a first time clear reward. Okay then her as well! How much is she?

Speaking of Aeris, can she equip Black Magic on top of White? Even if it's only 2* it'd be useful

Aeris is 4000 greens. She can use Black (3), White (5), Summon (2), and something else forgot lol

Falk

that puzzling face
Medium term, I think I'm gonna farm Ymir and Antlion for Greater Lightning/Wind orbs respectively. 6 of each for 4* thunder element summon.

so glad I went with Shiva instead of Ramuh lol despite so much AOE potential in FFVI elite. Thunder summon + stronger thunder summon would be such a facepalm

Shahed

Aeris is 4000 greens. She can use Black (3), White (5), Summon (2), and something else forgot lol

So now you have a 5* FFXII stave, is what you're saying?

Edit: Shahed, Aeris is 4k Greens.

Thanks! So full Mastery clear and a few more on top? Sounds easy enough for her. And her abilities sound perfect she can contribute with damage unlike Tyro and WHM! Her 5* AoE weapon Heal seems the most useful out of all 5* gear as well. Broken character!

Gonna need new armour now though. I'll give Rydia's White Robe to her, but I'll need better armour for Rydia. Tifa also lack with gear since she can't equip Shields, Body Armour and Helms :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Beg to differ. Her 5* lacks the offensive punch of a fully upgraded Masa/Grand Glove/Buster/etc. just due to character design. Yes, it still does quite a bit of damage just due to raw stats, and the aoe heal is nifty, but all the other 5*s are broken in their own way.

I'd say even Lustrous Shield has an equally useful defensive soul break.

Hycran

Banned
All of the equipment purchases are pretty bad of you did the last event where accessories are flying out of everywhere. I'm going straight for aeris and summon orbs.

Also, I know power break and magic break are good for most bosses, but do they last the entire fight? For bosses who do no magic damage wouldn't it be better to bring armor break?

Lastly, has anyone used comet? Good bad soso?

Red Mage

Works for me

I don't have Haste, not even Curaga. My game is very picky about giving me white orbs. >_>

All of the equipment purchases are pretty bad of you did the last event where accessories are flying out of everywhere. I'm going straight for aeris and summon orbs.

Also, I know power break and magic break are good for most bosses, but do they last the entire fight? For bosses who do no magic damage wouldn't it be better to bring armor break?

Lastly, has anyone used comet? Good bad soso?

You should be beating the crap out of them anyhow due to weapon sync.

Meier

I have tried for this black cowl at least 30 times now over a variety of play throughs and re-load/flees without getting a single one. Incredible.

Shahed

Followed the reddit link to another site. Based on challenge level, we'll probably get FFI next, followed by II and then more of VI and IV

Beg to differ. Her 5* lacks the offensive punch of a fully upgraded Masa/Grand Glove/Buster/etc. just due to character design. Yes, it still does quite a bit of damage just due to raw stats, and the aoe heal is nifty, but all the other 5*s are broken in their own way.

I'd say even Lustrous Shield has an equally useful defensive soul break.

Oh I understand that. But more raw damagwe can be acquired in other useful ways and will only increase as you progress. Paladin Cecil and Aeris and their Souls Breaks have special affects that could be more versatile in different situations that can't really be gotten elsewhere. Not that it really matters since I'll never get a 5* weapon drop.

Red Mage

So... I'm farming the leather gloves for tonight and I ask myself: why do the Gaelic cats drop the leather gloves? They obviously can't wear them. Then it hits me: maybe they aren't dropping them. Leather is skin, so maybe you're killing them until you have enough to make a set. o_O;

Shahed

I like Charge. I was worried about the 'long windup' but it's fine. Better than Double Cut at times since you can guarantee which target it'll land on

What a bitch.
Ooh you just missed Sephiroth didn't you? It might not be as easy for you, but if you have the Leather Gloves for Tifa, she should do a lot of damage still

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So... I'm farming the leather gloves for tonight and I ask myself: why do the Gaelic cats drop the leather gloves? They obviously can't wear them. Then it hits me: maybe they aren't dropping them. Leather is skin, so maybe you're killing them until you have enough to make a set. o_O;

YOU MONSTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom