• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

If I bring Kain, then I'll need to double up on heals with Aeris. I'd have 8 Cura's and 4 Curaga which should be enough, but I like the idea of both of them being able to heal and do damage. I hatw it when my WHM sits around. But at the samw time I only have one good piece of Mage gear between them. 2 people who can't take a hit doesn't sound good :(

Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth all do 1000. Sephiroth just about, but the other two are about 1300. Well that's how much they took out of the Normal mode enemies. Is that enough to one shot adds on Hard?

Don't have Comet yet. Will do soon, burt probably not until I'm already done with this event for my first clear.

Tifa oneshots enemies on Hard for me. Sephie and Cloud are closer, but without FF7 weapons they need two hits.

Shahed

Tifa oneshots enemies on Hard for me. Sephie and Cloud are closer, but without FF7 weapons they need two hits.
Just tested the first stage with Rydia. Cloud and Tifa both one shot. Sephiroth doesn't, but an extra hit from Aeris or Rydia finishes them off. They're both so weak and can barely take a hit though :(

Do you have to clear all floors of a dungeon to get the magicite or can you bail early and keep any magicite you got along the way? Seems like this event will be a great way to stock up on specific orbs I need for some higher level abilities.

NomadX

Neo Member
Also, no more free common relic after an event refresh, boo.

Free common relic draw was reset. It appears it may have just been late. Got a 1* knuckle weapon yay.

Edit: And beaten .... You can farm the magicite shards just like hard dailies by only doing the first stage. Nabbed 423 shards on my last go.

Pejo

Wow so I was late to the party on this game, but it scratches so many itches I didn't even realize I had. I've been absolutely addicted, playing on breaks at lunch to maximize my stamina and everything.

I started a few nights ago, and was worried I wouldn't be able to get both Cecils in time before the event ended, but today after lunch I was able to do the Defend and Win™ method against old DK and got my Pally. Everyone was dead except my DK, and his last darkness attacked Missed. Probably would have been a kill shot too, haha. Felt awesome. I think I was around lvls 18-21 with my party, Kain being highest. Also played through normal once on the new event and already got Aerith and both Mythrils.

I'm really pissed I didn't know about this game until after Tidus/Warrior/Seph/Tifa were already off the table. I really hope they bring back those events so I get a chance to get them.

Quick question for those of you that are already on farm status: How are you guys getting better weapons? I do my daily relic pulls and get like 1-2 star armor usually, i spent about 40 mythril trying to get one of those Cecil event items, but only got some 3 star armor and one 3 star weapon. I feel like my melee guys are underpowered at this point in the game using mainly 2 star equipment. For the record, outside of events I'm just about to start the Elite dungeons, I cleared/mastered all the normal stuff in the game so far.

So does anyone encounter the screen turning black after redeeming stuff in the new event? Game have been hanging on me for this and using the growth egg.....

Kouriozan

When I started up, I checked how much it would cost to get Aerith.
When I saw 3k I thought "hey, they made her easier to get".

And then the monsters drop even more items than in the japanese version, I guess you can get all the items without playing every 2 hours for the whole event :lol

White Mage just gets one shotted by a laser Cannon on the 3rd stage into hard mode. Don't think I'm going to make it thru this run gents.

Ezalc

Just started playing this. Somebody please tell me when I get to go to IX's world and how many characters from that game we get to put in the party? Is it all the party members from any game available to be put into your team?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just started playing this. Somebody please tell me when I get to go to IX's world and how many characters from that game we get to put in the party? Is it all the party members from any game available to be put into your team?

you don't get to go into IX's world for another few months
you don't get any characters from IX for a while
the game does not have all the party members from any game, but over time it does accumulate many of the most popular ones

B.K.

I wish you could buy more than one of an item when trading in Magicite. It's really annoying only being able to buy one and then having to go back through the horribly slow, sluggish menus to get back to the item you want.

I wish you could buy more than one of an item when trading in Magicite. It's really annoying only being able to buy one and then having to go back through the horribly slow, sluggish menus to get back to the item you want.

Very tedious, particularly when there are ten of the object you want. Come on squenix, at least move the already obtained items to e bottom of the list.

Ezalc

you don't get to go into IX's world for another few months
you don't get any characters from IX for a while
the game does not have all the party members from any game, but over time it does accumulate many of the most popular ones

Well this just completely destroyed my desire to play the game. Thanks for answering my questions stump, has the IX world just not been updated into the english game yet or something if you don't mind my asking?

Falk

that puzzling face
So got aerith and what should i focus on buying now for the later elite dungeons.

Summon shards really. You can't get them outside of events (though Mt Ordeals is open for another day and is slightly more efficient right now?) and summons are aoe burst which help in a lot of the elite bosses.

Rojo

Summon shards really. You can't get them outside of events (though Mt Ordeals is open for another day and is slightly more efficient right now?) and summons are aoe burst which help in a lot of the elite bosses.

Should i go for shiva or leviathan?

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno, I went with Shiva but my stockpile right now is waiting to see what kind of bosses are in the next set of paintings. No point blowing Greater Summon Shards (and Summon Shards) on something until you know you need it and it'll benefit.

Ice is great for IV and Thunder is great for VI right now though.

elty

You make about 400 shard pre stage plus 900 bonus for completing 7 stages. This is about 3700 shards for 71 stamina.for easy calculation this is about 50 shard per stamina.

A regular orb is 1500 shards which is equal to 30 stamina. Farming daily will get you on average one regular orb for 10 stamina so that is a bad deal. Summon orb may be about equivalent to cecil event, depending on the drop rate of the greater summon orb.

JNA

Banned
Just got Aerith. Apparantly she is a 5* white magic user! I CAN FINALLY REPLACE TYRO!

...and she does black magic...and some support...and some summoning...

Damn Aerith is pretty damn great it seems. Never played FFVII so I didn't know if she was like that in the original game. 0_0

Also hard mode was piss easy for me. And the shards you get there is so much that I bet I can get all the rewards by either tommorrow or the day after.

thedan001

Damn Aerith is pretty damn great it seems. Never played FFVII so I didn't know if she was like that in the original game. 0_0

She was great in FF7, as long as you knew how to set up materia. I even remember on my first playthrough leveling her up and getting her last limit break until she um yeah... :(

good times

Vorpal

I just had go share this with you guys.

http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/healing-grimoire-drop-rate-officially-broken.81/

Guy spends $1,500 to get a Healing Grimoire (or 3) but doesn't get one. Sends a bunch of support tickets and is eventually told that there's no issue and the drop rate is fine. So the guy spends another $1,500 and still doesn't get one.

If any of you had any IAP guilt, kiss it goodbye

Thank you. As someone who's dropped about $35 on this game in the past two weeks, I'll be able to sleep soundly tonight.

But also holy crap

chrono01

I just had go share this with you guys.

http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/healing-grimoire-drop-rate-officially-broken.81/

Guy spends $1,500 to get a Healing Grimoire (or 3) but doesn't get one. Sends a bunch of support tickets and is eventually told that there's no issue and the drop rate is fine. So the guy spends another $1,500 and still doesn't get one.

This is why I'm content in remaining F2P and happy with whatever I get along with my normal progression. It's one thing to not get a 5* with free Mythril, but to spend real $$$ and still not get it? That's extra painful.

Thankfully Record Keeper seems to be very "non-IAP friendly", which I definitely appreciate. I'm not saying I won't purchase Mythril occasionally [if just to support the developer], but I won't do it out of want for a particular item. That never ends well.

EGM92

I can't for the life of me get this to work with my HSPA connection the game doesn't even start though switching over to wifi with a slower connection connects and plays just fine. It keeps telling me that an error occurred while loading and just keeps repeating itself. Anyone ever heard of this happening? Solutions?

Also any end date for this event?

chrono01

I can't for the life of me get this to work with my HSPA connection the game doesn't even start though switching over to wifi with a slower connection connects and plays just fine. It keeps telling me that an error occurred while loading and just keeps repeating itself. Anyone ever heard of this happening? Solutions?

Also any end date for this event?
I can't help you with your first question, but the Aerith event runs for two weeks.

JNA

Banned
I just had to share this with you guys.

Holy fuck...$3,000!?

I thought I was bad with that one game where I felt like a sack of shit for spending $60 on IAP...never again since then.

Man, 3K. Sweet Jesus.

Colby

So if I equip a FFVII item to a FFVII character, but I'm not in the FFVII realm, is there a synergy boost?

Also, did 11 pulls. Got all trash (half were FFXII items???) and a 4* Crystal Bangle, which is moderately useful, at least for this event.

EDIT: Thanks, stumpykappa and shulk.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So if I equip a FFVII item to a FFVII character, but I'm not in the FFVII realm, is there a synergy boost?

- You get a synergy boost when there is a match between CHARACTER and REALM
- You get a synergy boost when there is a match between EQUIPMENT and REALM
- You do NOT get a synergy boost when there is a match between CHARACTER and EQUIPMENT

Falk

that puzzling face
The tutorial section is a little confusing in that it kinda suggests the third, but that's actually for Soul Breaks, not record synergy (certain items bestow different Soul Breaks when equipped to their owners)

Event cleared, 13kish shards for all three difficulties. Aerith is doing 1200 per cura at only level 20 compared to 700 at 35 for pally Cecil. I regret nothing in replacing him.

Also this event is super easy mode. Maybe even easier than the ff4 one.

JNA

Banned
Aerith is such a breath of fresh air as a healer. Does better healing at level 20 than Tyro does at lv 40. Pretty sad really.

The only problem is, I need to find Aerith better armor. Like, badly. I only have that FFVII++ badge or whatever it's called that I used on White Mage once as that armor for now.

If only I had TWO Royal Gowns. Than I could have Rydia and Aerith be sisters! XD

Hycran

Banned
I think the best thing about this event is you can pick and choose which orbs you want for immediate effect, rather than going through and hoping for the best in elite dungeons. It is probably less cost effective running the event dungeon, but considering I've already managed to pick up multiple new skills and hone old ones I'm going to be stuck here line glue for the next 2 weeks.

Once the Cecil event expires, I'm running a 4 pull and hoping against hope for the guard stick. I'm not sure I can run aeris without healing wind considering how powerful prayer is.

chrono01

I think the best thing about this event is you can pick and choose which orbs you want for immediate effect, rather than going through and hoping for the best in elite dungeons. It is probably less cost effective running the event dungeon, but considering I've already managed to pick up multiple new skills and hone old ones I'm going to be stuck here line glue for the next 2 weeks.

Once the Cecil event expires, I'm running a 4 pull and hoping against hope for the guard stick. I'm not sure I can run aeris without healing wind considering how powerful prayer is.
Agreed.

I've been hearing some great things about the "Break" abilities [Power/Armor/Magic], so I'll probably focus on getting at least one of those done. Drain Strike, I've read some great things too, and I'll probably purchase enough Orbs to [finally] craft Curaga.

For Honing, I'll aim for that after I craft the base abilities I want/need.

Does Aerith's soul break work on bosses?
It does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom