• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Shiva and Drain Strike get! Now I think tbe only abilities left I could really want for a while is Comet and Dark Attack. Just a matter of honing now. For that reason alone I'm sticking with my 8 Cura's and not bothering with the Curaga I created for now.

Edit: Scratch that. I forgot about all the Break's. So many Non-Ele Orbs :(

Does it matter? I think the Pyramid absorbs the full attack. I've been using Tifa and Kain to pop them, and haven't killed anyone yet.
It's more so you don't wastw a powerful hit on the pyramid when Aeris or Rydia can easily use their weak ones

I just had to share this with you guys.

http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/healing-grimoire-drop-rate-officially-broken.81/

Guy spends $1,500 to get a Healing Grimoire (or 3) but doesn't get one. Sends a bunch of support tickets and is eventually told that there's no issue and the drop rate is fine. So the guy spends another $1,500 and still doesn't get one.

If any of you had any IAP guilt, kiss it goodbye

Yikes! I got a Healing Grimoire on my very first 5 mythril pull.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah the mog store interface is legit awful. Not only you can't buy more of the same thing at once it also scrolls back to the top with each purchase. Thankfully it at least doesn't do the same type of mid-scroll chochobo loading the inventory one does.

lyrick

how much XP does a 4 star growth egg give? just curious.

J6OMDHsl.png

TheExodu5

Banned
Bought one 4* growth egg. Got Aeris to 23...should be able to manage through Hard while keeping her alive.

I think the rest of my magicite shards will go to greater summon orbs...I'm guessing they're the hardest orbs to get and might be worth it for an eventual Carbuncle summon.

Aerith was so easy to unlock...meh.

I kind of like this system... Make the characters easy to unlock so everyone will be able to get the characters they want with a little effort. It's much better to offer the gear as the real carrot... Otherwise you end up with the game that shall not be mentioned.

Kaiterra

Banned
I kind of like this system... Make the characters easy to unlock so everyone will be able to get the characters they want with a little effort. It's much better to offer the gear as the real carrot... Otherwise you end up with the game that shall not be mentioned.

Mention it, mention it!

Meier

Aerith really seems to be a useful healer. Now it's almost a complete VII-Party (we need Yuffie, Vincent or Red)

I just have to level her a little more since she still has the bad habit of getting one-shotted. I guess some things never change... ;-)

Huh, I wanted her to be my healer but it didn't seem like I could assign the spells to her. Is there some sort of level requirement maybe for Cura/Curaga? I ended up putting my guy back in the party to be the healer and replacing Rydia instead.

Huh, I wanted her to be my healer but it didn't seem like I could assign the spells to her. Is there some sort of level requirement maybe for Cura/Curaga? I ended up putting my guy back in the party to be the healer and replacing Rydia instead.

There shouldn't be; I had Cura on her at level 1. Maybe you have a lot of spells and need to scroll down some more. I know that menu/list has the same paging mechanic as equipment.

lyrick

I assigned Curaga to her at level one so there is definitely no level requirement.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I like that Aerith was an easy get because god knows how much we were needing a decent healer.

At first I thought it was weird that the characters were so easily acquired because flat-out paywalling chars seems to be the most popular way in making people pay for gatcha. Gear just doesn't have the same pull in my eyes. (I'm not complaining it's the way it is, I'm a freeloader.)

But then you have people spending 3.000 USD to get specific gear... So they definitely know what they're doing.

Shahed

Yup. The characters are the reason I play this game. The game is what helps me to progress towards eventually getting new characters. This game has been pretty easy to get the characters so far. It's the better gear and abilities that can be hard to reach. I mean the only one that was difficult to get to for me was Sephiroth, and that was only because I only started this game with 2 days left to get there. I had to gear up, get Rydia and then abilities like Jump and Thundara and then progress through all those floors quickly. If I'd started at the beginning of the event, or even from day 1 of this game it would have been pretty easy. Heck being rushed for time needing to farm Orbs for abilities and stuff is why I've largely ignored Elite's and not bothered with farming Black Cowl yet. Now that I'm happy with the abilities I have and there's no pressure to farm, I'll do those now

Valus

I just had to share this with you guys.

http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/healing-grimoire-drop-rate-officially-broken.81/

Guy spends $1,500 to get a Healing Grimoire (or 3) but doesn't get one. Sends a bunch of support tickets and is eventually told that there's no issue and the drop rate is fine. So the guy spends another $1,500 and still doesn't get one.

If any of you had any IAP guilt, kiss it goodbye

Holy hell. And on his second $1.5k adventure he didn't get a single buster sword drop. Ridiculous.

Meier

There shouldn't be; I had Cura on her at level 1. Maybe you have a lot of spells and need to scroll down some more. I know that menu/list has the same paging mechanic as equipment.

That must have been it then. I guess I just didn't even think about it -- I was shocked she couldn't heal. It wasn't that much of a big deal since you need a mage and a healer so I had the same end result but it was a little surprising at the time.

Peace gives minor resistance to Confuse, Jewel to Petrify. You can press and hold on the item in the list and see what it does.

The magicite list doesn't explain what any of the equipment does.. they want ya to buy them first apparently.

Roto13

Got as far as the Hard boss before running out of stamina before bed last night. Woke up this morning and completely trounced him in my half-asleep state. My party is overleveled for this kind of thing. :p

I don't like Aerith's soul break as much as I like my White Mage's, but I'm switching her in anyway. I can always switch back to my White Mage if I change my mind. On the plus side, Aerith can use black magic, which I wasn't expecting.

Going to farm magicite shards until the cows come home.

Kouriozan

Never played FF4 before eh? Such a shame...

No the strategy is to ONLY defend and use healing spells. He'll eventually 'die'.

Funny thing is I did that and half of my party member died to his darkness attacks.
So I tried again, attacking full force to see what it would do and champion-ed it first try :lol

But that was before farming for black cowls and stuff.

Funny thing is I did that and half of my party member die to his darkness attacks.
So I tried again, attacking full force to see what it would do and champion-ed it first try :lol

Oh definitely murdering is the better way. It's certainly an easter egg, not the 'ideal' method of winning.

I've been trying to buy anything off Mog for the last half an hour with zero success. I have well over 7000 shards and no way to get Aerith. I've made it as far as the confirmation screen, but nothing I do does anything. This is beyond ridiculous.

I've been trying to buy anything off Mog for the last half an hour with zero success. I have well over 7000 shards and no way to get Aerith. I've made it as far as the confirmation screen, but nothing I do does anything. This is beyond ridiculous.

Backup your save (just in case), clear your game cache, try again?

Wtf is this Pyramid shit. I fought him yesterday on Hard and wrecked him, barely even took damage. This morning he uses Pyramid every single attack and boom, game over. There's basically no way to win if he does that, and it's bullshit since instead of just kicking you back to the level select screen, it kicks you out of the dungeon completely. 71 more stamina to do it again.

I guess a word of advice is that once he Pyramids the 4th person, immediately close the app and restart before it's game over

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wtf is this Pyramid shit. I fought him yesterday on Hard and wrecked him, barely even took damage. This morning he uses Pyramid every single attack and boom, game over. There's basically no way to win if he does that, and it's bullshit since instead of just kicking you back to the level select screen, it kicks you out of the dungeon completely. 71 more stamina to do it again.

I guess a word of advice is that once he Pyramids the 4th person, immediately close the app and restart before it's game over

You do know you can attack the pyramid by tapping on it right?

Shahed

Did you not free the people from the pyramid?

Macnair

Is there an issue with this game in Lolipop? I updated to 5.0.2 then the game got so slow and it lags on every attack. Reinstalling didn't fix it.

XJF

So what are you guys getting from event? i've already gotten Aerith, the Mythril,and all the Lesser Orbs I need. Not sure if there's anything else i should try and get. Takes too long to farm hard for shards.

Was debating whether I should hide my shame or not... but I pulled the trigger and bought 11 items. There was no goal, no "I have to have Aerith's weapon", just I figured I've spent more time the last 2 weeks on this game than I had any other game so it was worth dropping the money and maybe getting some fancy gear to take back to the elites.

The result? 8 3*, 1 4*, 2 5*. Genji helmet and Genji armor which will make FFV dungeons a piece of cake. Going to spend my remaining mythril I currently have on more inventory spots.

Not going to lie, watching each piece reveal triggered all the right slot machine vibes... especially waiting and watching knowing there were 2 5* items just waiting to be revealed. These gacha games do have their psychological tactics down.

So what are you guys getting from event? i've already gotten Aerith, the Mythril,and all the Lesser Orbs I need. Not sure if there's anything else i should try and get. Takes too long to farm hard for shards.

Does it though? 400~ per hard means that every 4 stages is a summon orb which isn't too bad.

actually it looks like grinding medium for xp might be better.

Got 6100xp for a hard at 10 stamina
got 3500xp for a med at 5 stamina

Magicite is comparable. Sometimes get upwards of 500 in a hard but the last run I got 350 or so

Medium I got 171 last run.

I think I'll stick to Medium for grinding.

As long as Reno doesn't go full bullshit on you, Hard is significantly better for magicite. You get about 425 magicite/level and 500 on the last level. That's 425x6 + 500 = 3050 / run, plus i think an 900 completion bonus. At 71 stamina that's 55 magicite / stamina.

On normal you get about 125 magicite / level with a completion bonus of 360, so about 1000 magicite / run at 26 stamina so 38 magicite / stamina.

If you use 100 stamina you're missing out on close to 2000 magicite by doing normal.

Dude, it's been almost 2 decades since that game was released.

And the game has been rereleased on 4+ platforms (PSP, Vita, PS3, Steam, upcoming PS4) as well as being a highly memorable game. I haven't played far enough to have done the Reno battle in likely a decade and the moment I saw the pyramid I remembered the mechanics... and I also noted it could just have been that long :)

Roto13

Just spent 20 Mythril on Relic Draws and got one five star (Genji Armour), two four stars (Royal Crown and Crystal Helm), and a three star (Claymore). Was going for Aerith's weapon but this is fine too. :p

Never played FF7 before? :)

This is quickly becoming a fun way to tell if someone has played a game in the series or not (or at least not very recently that they don't remember boss mechanics)

I've played every ff game ever made and to be honest I don't remember half the stuff in any of them. What I remember from 7 is basically sephiroth, shinra, aerith dies, cloud has spiky hair and a huge sword.

But I'm probably older than most, and played everything right at release, so it's been a while

Shahed

I might end up regretting this, but I'm gonna sell off all my Rank 1 aabilities. Make selecting more annoying with the scrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom