• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNA

Banned
The second, I'm not sure. All I know is that it worked on Reno when I tried it during the event.

So yeah, pretty helpful.

Good enough for me either way. :D

Now watch the Yuna event happen next after I already established Aerith as my healer. XD

Mastery on all three difficulties. Pretty easy actually, Tifa with Death Blow was enough to polish off Reno. (He has horrible accuracy it seems too.)

Got Aerith, the Mythril and all the accessories/equipment I wanted. Should I go for the higher level growth eggs, or just focus on orbs?

MicH

Jesus @ the guy who spent $3,000. That's just insane. I've spent $30 for the 11 pills and I'm satisfied with just that. I'm content with throwing some money at a free game that I like

Aerith really seems to be a useful healer. Now it's almost a complete VII-Party (we need Yuffie, Vincent or Red)

I just have to level her a little more since she still has the bad habit of getting one-shotted. I guess some things never change... ;-)

Vorpal

The second, I'm not sure. All I know is that it worked on Reno when I tried it during the event.

So yeah, pretty helpful.

Weird. I just tried using Seal Evil on Reno and got a big ol' "NO EFFECT." If it could've landed, wouldn't it have said "Miss"?

Wazzy

Banned
God DAYUM at someone spending $3000

That's fucked but at that point I feel so bad for the person that SE should just give it to them lol

I will spend a bit of money once revolver comes out but I'm saving mythril for it too.

Also beat hard mode, got the growth eggs so now I'm just gonna pick some random stuff

Falk

that puzzling face
I kinda feel like the growth eggs are the lowest priority commodity for me. Like, regardless of what I do, I'll be accumulating XP. On the other hand I could get really unlucky with e.g. Great Orb drops (while still accumulating XP lol) so I'd rather spend Gysahl edit: Magicite on Orbs than XP.

Wazzy

Banned
I picked up the growth eggs for later characters so I can get them caught up easier xD

Mainly Squall and Rinoa since they'll be pretty far behind.

I picked up the growth eggs for later characters so I can get them caught up easier xD

Mainly Squall and Rinoa since they'll be pretty far behind.
That's what I'm doing too. I'm hording eggs and Mythril to spend on my favs.

Though I think my favs are a little farther away than yours. ;_;
Ricard is decades away...

Wazzy

Banned
That's what I'm doing too. I'm hording eggs and Mythril to spend on my favs.

Though I think my favs are a little farther away than yours. ;_;
Ricard is decades away...
Maybe we'll get him earlier since they're releasing events pretty frequently! At least I hope so because I would love for us to have
Ricard

Maybe we'll get him earlier since they're releasing events pretty frequently! At least I hope so because I would love for us to have
Ricard
I hope so.

He's actually not an event reward though, but rather a character you get from clearing a FFII Record, and his is the latest one that was released in Japan. (A level 50 difficulty stage no less.) I imagine it'll be quite a while before we get to him. :/ Rinoa should be pretty soon though if we stick to mainly the same order as Japan.

Edit:
Weird. I just tried using Seal Evil on Reno and got a big ol' "NO EFFECT." If it could've landed, wouldn't it have said "Miss"?
Not sure, it worked for me. At least the Silence did.
And I've hit him with Stop using her Limit Break, so I'm not sure what "No Effect" is. Mine was on Normal difficulty, maybe that makes a difference.

MicH

Reno on hard was surprisingly easy for me. Not sure what to spend all these shards on. Is any of the equipment worth it? I'm probably just gonna use it all on the greater Summon orbs

Negator

Reno on hard was surprisingly easy for me. Not sure what to spend all these shards on. Is any of the equipment worth it? I'm probably just gonna use it all on the greater Summon orbs

If you want some more FF7 and FF4 resonance gear, it's nice to have a Protect Vest++ handy, and the Force Rod++ replaced my Rod for FF4.

I mean, shit. They were cheap as hell to get anyway, why not?

Rosur

The event was quite easy on normal (with cloud and tifia in party) and got enough shard's for the new char from doing easy and normal, may attempt hard but doubt I could do it atm.

This looks like a good way to get greater summon orbs and greater power orbs.

Shahed

Yeah the Summon Orbs are my priority. After that I'm not really bothered. We've got two weeks so I've already moved back onto the Daily Orb farming for now. It'll let me buy Comet and Drain Strike

BHaXb8v.jpg

I was looking at Tyro's status screen and I noticed the human icon. What type of equipment does that represent?

Super sad that I didn't get my final white orb needed for another level of curaga before the event expired. Even sadder that I can't trade magicite pieces for one. Whhhhhyyyy?

That said, Aerith has already proven herself to be the best healer in slot, it helps that you can stack a damage spell on her as well. Right now I have her with 4 fira 8 cura... If I had managed that Curaga upgrade that'd take the place of cura... but right now 1.2k+ heals are good enough for grinding and the amount is more important.

This game apparently wants me to replay FF7. It's working as well. Maybe I'll do only the Midgar part....

That's what the FF4 event did to me.

Rosur

This game apparently wants me to replay FF7. It's working as well. Maybe I'll do only the Midgar part....

its making me want to play the older FF games (only played X + X-2 fully) and buying them on steam (With 7 I'm waiting for the PS4 port).

lyrick

Aerith and Mithril Get
BS3Vcf9l.png
O02p2iVl.png

Entered the Hard dungeon with a level 1 Aerith and emerged with level 14. She would have been higher had I not dragged Wakka along to help slow things down. Second+ clear gives bonus of 900 Magicite on full hard complete.

garath

Hard was a marathon but pretty easy. I even managed it with just the 6 cura on Tyro. Now that I've completed it though, I'm just going to grind the first couple stages on hard to get Aerith some levels and grab whatever orbs I want.

I'm not as obsessively playing as I was when it first came out so I'm a little behind the curve. Will be nice to catch up my FF7 characters a bit at least. Cloud is only 40 :/

My equipment sucks too. Even though I'm going to be using dark cecil, I'm going to wait until the cecil pull expires and then spend my 15 or so mythril and see if I get lucky with Aerith.

garath

actually it looks like grinding medium for xp might be better.

Got 6100xp for a hard at 10 stamina
got 3500xp for a med at 5 stamina

Magicite is comparable. Sometimes get upwards of 500 in a hard but the last run I got 350 or so

Medium I got 171 last run.

I think I'll stick to Medium for grinding.

edit:

"only" 40 lol :|

Lol. Yeah. Well I started playing day 1. A lot of the other guys that started day 1 are in the high 40s. I've been slacking the last week and completely missed the Sunday xp dungeon. Fail :(

I blame my new 3dsxl. Bravely Default is so much fun. I've been playing that when I would normally be playing gatcha phone games lol

Shahed

Surprised at how much of a joke the Hard Daily's are with full synergy characters. First time I tried the FFIV hard. It'll be the same tomorrow on FFVII. I'm not even using the full 5 party and just sticking with the 4 for Exp purposes. The FFX and non synergy ones required me to manually take control and play optimally and I could still have things go quite wrong

"only" 40 lol :|
My Cloud is 36 and he's at least two levels higher than everyone else...

Vorpal

Edit:

And I've hit him with Stop using her Limit Break, so I'm not sure what "No Effect" is. Mine was on Normal difficulty, maybe that makes a difference.

Yeah, I was trying on Normal as well. Just tried again on Hard and still got "No Effect." Strange.

Edit: Since Aerith had a soul break ready upon entering the Reno fight on Hard, I decided to reset a few times to test it out. Kept getting "No Effect" until the fifth try, when Stop finally landed, but only for ~2 seconds

Meier

Rarely more obvious how important the character synergy is until today's daily. My FF7 team (mostly in their mid 20s + Aerus at 15) was getting rocked.

Shahed

Rarely more obvious how important the character synergy is until today's daily. My FF7 team (mostly in their mid 20s + Aerus at 15) was getting rocked.

Gear synergy actually scales better than character. I think get characters get a +10 level boost, while gear scales even higher depending on the level of the item in groups of 5 levels. That's why Tifa's maxed Leather Glove++ was will be the most powerful on FFVII for most people, and simularly with Kunai++ on FFIV worlds. Having character and gear synergy at the same time is when you can trivialise content. At least for now anyway

What's your main team ignoring synergy altogether? Now that I have Aeris, I'll probably roll with Cloud, Aeris, Kain and Rydia. The other spot would depend on the content but it's usually between Tifa, Sephiroth, Tidus and Dark Cecil. Tifa most of the time since she's highest level.

Meneses

I wish you could buy more than one of an item when trading in Magicite. It's really annoying only being able to buy one and then having to go back through the horribly slow, sluggish menus to get back to the item you want.

Yeah, it's pretty painful. Bizarre design.

Just FYI, aerith with her staff and her AOE heal healed about 1200hp for each party member and my aerith is only lvl 20 and I haven't even leveled the staff yet (although she does have 5 star armor as well). That is more than double what white mage was doing (at level 30 with a 4 star staff and same armor).

I got to the last battle of the Cecil event and he just wiped the floor with me.

I don't think I'll be able to take him down.

My first attempt I did the defend every turn strategy and just barely made it. I didn't champion it but w/e.

Mog store seems to be broken for me. Aside from scrolling even more ridiculously slow than other lists, I can't buy anything. The "exchange" buttons light up... and nothing happens. Tried with both 2D GPU acceleration and without, tried restarting... nada.

I just had to share this with you guys.

http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/healing-grimoire-drop-rate-officially-broken.81/

Guy spends $1,500 to get a Healing Grimoire (or 3) but doesn't get one. Sends a bunch of support tickets and is eventually told that there's no issue and the drop rate is fine. So the guy spends another $1,500 and still doesn't get one.

If any of you had any IAP guilt, kiss it goodbye

This is up there with people killing each other in the name of ideological or religious differences in the "might as well be aliens" notch of the mentality understandability scale for me.

I haven't tried all the characters, but Aeris seems to have an unique cadaver stance! You can't compete with a pro.

Lemme guess... she stands propped by a sword skewering her.

lyrick

BbOdTkyl.png

So, it's been about a half a decade or so since I played FFVII... What needs to be done to escape the pyramids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom