• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, just got my tenth summon orb from DCecil, oddly got the 10th Greater Summon orb a number of runs ago. So shiva acquired and done with the Cecil event for good. Moving on to farm for magicite to try to buy up as much there until I get sick of that. Still have a few elites left to tackle, so ideally will take one a day or so to wrap them up before more realm content is released.

elty

So what is worth buying?

Normal orb is 1500 shards, or about 30 stamina each - doesn't seems worth it when you usually get one for 10 stamina in daily. Maybe worth it for non elemental orbs.

Greater orb is 3000 shards, or about 60 stamina each. The only source for greater orb seems to be elite dungeon boss? But it is about 40-60 stamina for each elite dungeon and you get other orbs in between - so doesn't look like greater orbs are worth buying either.

CTLance

Hah, well that was stupid. :lol

My party just consecutively whiffed four times in a row trying to un-pyramid the other party members, resulting in the endboss happily pyramid-izing the entire party. Practically full HP and skill use. Just, total and utter humiliation.

Gaming mechanism aside, just how in tarnation do you miss a stationary and utterly immobilised target that's just standing right next to you. That's stormtrooper levels of lack of accuracy.
(That's it, imma take you all to the optometrist, you blind fucks.
umrTSgf.jpg
)

Backup your save (just in case), clear your game cache, try again?

I finally managed to purchase Aerith via some combination of clearing the cache, switching to non-GPU rendering, rebooting the tablet and a ridiculous amount of patience.

They have some of the worst interface programmers. It's amazingly bad and my chief complaint.
Combine that with the interface having to load the next row of inventory and you have to wonder where the fuck they found these programmers.

As an Android programmer myself, this is completely indefensible. If i tried to pass something like this shit on my company (a small local one with less than 40 people in it) as even alpha-worthy, I would be the laughingstock of it. It's painful to know that if I had access to the source code I could fix all of this in days, perhaps hours. I just want to kick the incompetent who coded this shit in the balls really hard.

Shahed

The Summon and Non Elemental Orbs are all I'm going to bother with. Too much effort otherwise. I'd rather move onto Elites

The only hard thing about Reno in the hard dungeon is that it takes 70 stamina to get to him, unless the stamina -> magicite rate is better on medium I see myself doing a few hard runs so I can get all the orbs as while they may not be as efficient as grinding, they feel more guaranteed.

So whats better? Honing double cut to 4, or giving another character double cut? Also comet and drain strike worth getting?

Shahed

The only hard thing about Reno in the hard dungeon is that it takes 70 stamina to get to him, unless the stamina -> magicite rate is better on medium I see myself doing a few hard runs so I can get all the orbs as while they may not be as efficient as grinding, they feel more guaranteed.
So whats better? Honing double cut to 4, or giving another character double cut? Also comet and drain strike worth getting?

How many Double Cuts do you have? The price of honing will be near enough to buy 2 extra. I personally run with 3 Double Cuts, 2 Charges and a Spellblade Strike move on Cloud. That way anyone can do extra damage when needed and it brings the entire parties overall damage up. It was only afterwards I started honing them

How many Double Cuts do you have? The price of honing will be near enough to buy 2 extra. I personally run with 3 Double Cuts, 2 Charges and a Spellblade Strike move on Cloud. That way anyone can do extra damage when needed and it brings the entire parties overall damage up. It was only afterwards I started honing them

I only have 1, my only current physical abilities are blade bash lvl 3, body slam, aim, dark attack, double cut, and flame slash all lvl 1

Guess I'll make more double cuts

GAMERG0D

Found this spreadsheet on Reddit. It seems hard is better, however even if you were to use all the stamina possible in the event period, it's impossible to get every reward.

DeviantBoi

defend every turn til the boss dies from exhaustion basically.

He just dies after so much time has passed because that is how you defeat him in the actual game. But the mofo hits hard and you can still lose.

Never played FF4 before eh? Such a shame...

No the strategy is to ONLY defend and use healing spells. He'll eventually 'die'.

Thank you! Got him!

It took me forever to get home today so I thought I had missed my chance, but it was still available (approximately 30 mins ago). Then my healer died on the fourth dungeon. Used my last mythril to revive her. Managed to cast protect in my strongest character before she was killed again. I got to about 30 or 40% health before Cecil went down.

I always hone. It's nice having different abilities, and long term you will need the versatility, and with each person only having 2 slots you're going to find that doubling up on the abilities was a waste. So just hone imo.

I currently run with

Cloud: Drain Strike, Blizzard/Fire/Thunder Strike
Sephiroth: Armor Break, Double Cut
Kain: Jump, Charge
Rydia: Blizzara/Thundara
Aerith: Cura/Curaga (will change Cura to Haste once i hone Curaga one more time)
Tifa: Charge, Aim

I read a lot of reports about Figaro Castle not dropping Lesser Lightning Orb since the update 2-3 days ago. Anyone notice this?

Getting Earth Orbs to drop is like pulling teeth today. :/

I am trying to farm Lightning Orb in the daily, all I get is Earth. Just got 4x lesser earth + 1 normal earth... 2 normal earth the one before...

Hycran

Banned
Now that Cecil is over, time for 4 pulls. Wish me luck :(

Edit: 3 4 stars and one garbage 3 star
platinum dagger
white robe
crystal bangle
shell shield.

No rod damn...

I read a lot of reports about Figaro Castle not dropping Lesser Lightning Orb since the update 2-3 days ago. Anyone notice this?

I am trying to farm Lightning Orb in the daily, all I get is Earth. Just got 4x lesser earth + 1 normal earth... 2 normal earth the one before...

I have no interest in the expensive accessories, I'm more interested in getting a decent chunk of the orbs and maybe 1 rare growth egg.

Want to trade? All I've gotten is Earth Orbs
If only trading were in the game. :/

Mxrz

Bought three of the 'Four-star' Growth Eggs. But it was only enough to take a character from 23 to 30. Probably been better off buying the orbs for Gravity.

I managed all of the FF IV elite dungeons no problem, but the boss for the first FF V elite rocked me hard. Hopefully Gravity will fix that. Today's hard mode dungeon hasn't given me any normal dark orbs, so buying them in the event seems like a better plan. Also seem to have a real lack of V equipment.

I'm going to just farm this event over and over until it's done. This is going to get old.

I was going to as well until I decided that the orbs are too expensive to make it worth it. Get the summon orbs perhaps, but after that it's more efficient to just do orb dailies.

Slow night for FF:RK GAF, this new event bored everyone to sleep, eh?

Most people are wrapping up the elites and there is no reason at all anyone who wants Aerith can't get her due to the ease of easy/normal dungeons for your average RK player. We need some new worlds asap

SunGod

Slow night for FF:RK GAF, this new event bored everyone to sleep, eh?

Yep, it's pretty lame. I'm auto battling the hard dungeon for shards to purchase orbs which I probably don't need right now, and will probably be able to get later much more easily... but there's nothing left to do in the game right now.

Shahed

Even if I haven't done all the Elites and no character is in their 40's more content is definitely needed. Got bored of farming magicite and decided I'd finally go farm some Black Cowl. Took half a day, but I got my 3 pieces. Works out well because I only had the White Robe as a good armour for my casters and only enough for 1 between Aeris and Rydia. Doing FFIV Elites now so I wonder how much more powerful it'll make Rydia?

And for those that Tifa regularly, what armour do you use on her? She's one of my strongest characters (Cloud>Kain>Tifa) especially on day's like today on FFVII stuff. But she can't equip all those helms, Shields and heavy armours so she's squishy compared to the other melee.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Dr Mog has failed me by not selling 3* white and black orbs. Think I'll go back to the elites after I'm done with his summon orbs.

I'm alternating between doing elites and farming magicite for orbs. Got a few new good skills thanks to the event,and Aeris is turning out to be a better healer than white Mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom