• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difficulty in event Hard is making it to Reno with your team intact, because he's pretty easy otherwise*

*to be fair, I can 1-shot him with Braver

Wazzy

Banned
I actually really like this event and how simple it is. It's fun being able to choose your reward and you get a decent character out of it.

Ok did he 10+1 pull got....

2 5 star regal gown, vi
2 4 star diamond armor, vi
1 3 star golden shield v meh
1 3 star death sickle, v, axe, chance of ko
A couple 3 star rods :(

And... Guard stick!

Pretty good haul imho, this will make the vi levels much much easier. Do I combine the regal gowns and diamond armors or just leave them separate for now until I get more loot.

Now I have a reason to do the daily today.

GAMERG0D

What armor are you all using to protect Rydia? Even leveled up to the 40s she's getting wiped out pretty easily in the harder dungeons.
VII-wise, Bronze Bangle/Iron Bangle. They have the exact same DEF stat. She can't wear protect vest. I give her a Black Cowl ++ 5* anywhere else. Although equipment with synergy probably has better DEF than the upgraded Black Cowl. Synergy is very important.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ok did he 10+1 pull got....

2 5 star regal gown, vi
2 4 star diamond armor, vi
1 3 star golden shield v meh
1 3 star death sickle, v, axe, chance of ko
A couple 3 star rods :(

And... Guard stick!

Pretty good haul imho, this will make the vi levels much much easier. Do I combine the regal gowns and diamond armors or just leave them separate for now until I get more loot.

Now I have a reason to do the daily today.

Keep both Regal Gowns. They will do great on Aerith/Rydia.

I'd keep both 4 star as well. They'll help a ton in FF VI content.

antitrop

How do you keep the Antlion from Counter Pincering? I haven't played FFIV in over a decade.

Not sure if you can. Either Blind him or just stick to magic. You doing the Elite?

Yep. Party is mostly low-30s (Cloud, Sephiroth, Kain), except for Aerith and Tidus in the mid-20s. I should probably just switch out Tidus for Rydia and make it easy on myself. I don't like to keep a lot of casters in my main party, because I'm lazy, and I like to auto-battle.

Shahed

Is any of the following worth getting?
Drain strike
Comet
charge
water 3
quickness
The top 3 are all good. Cloud does roughly double damage and also heals himself. Charge is also a good move that does double damage after a negligible delay. And Comet is really powerful.

I now have basically every useful ability (Drain/Fire/Thunder/Blizzard Strike, and Double Cut, Charge, and every -ra spell, Curaga, jump, and break except Mental Break) honed to level 2. Now begins the arduous task of honing all of them to level 3.

I guess I could get comet and gravity, but I just haven't made it a priority yet

Roto13

Taking a break from the event and doing the daily. I got 3 pieces of 4 and 5 star armour the other day that needs leveling.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just landed at Doha airport, first order of business was to get wifi and burn 10 stamina while cursing over ~200 wasted stamina from a 12 hour flight

Second order of business is to post on GAF about it.

Third is to burn all remaining stamina then board connecting flight at the last minute to minimize further stam wastage.

image.php

What is the thinking on all this mythril armor? Are there chars who use helms or shields but not the armor, so it's useful to keep one of each around? I'm thinking about ditching the shield and helm now that i have enough for two maxed mythril armors. I guess this is not a mythril specific question as we get leather and bronze etc sets of all this stuff too.

What is the thinking on all this mythril armor? Are there chars who use helms or shields but not the armor, so it's useful to keep one of each around? I'm thinking about ditching the shield and helm now that i have enough for two maxed mythril armors. I guess this is not a mythril specific question as we get leather and bronze etc sets of all this stuff too.

Helm gives attack! I use them over armors.

lyrick

Helm gives attack! I use them over armors.

yep.

Helm gives additional Attack, Defense and Resistance.
Armor gives additional Defense
Shield gives additional Evasion

lvl 15 Mithril Helm (IV) ++ [ATK: 4, DEF: 32, RES: 29, EVA: 96]
lvl 15 Mithril Armor (IV) ++ [ATK: 0, DEF: 43, RES: 18, EVA: 96]
lvl 15 Mithril Shield (IV) ++ [ATK: 0, DEF: 29, RES: 18, EVA: 99]
fV3UPGKl.png
Kj1LeWLl.png
Isr4KQ0l.png

That moment when you realize you've spent a quarter of a million gil upgrading a single piece of equipment and you STILL haven't maxed out it's level.... MY MONIES!!

Genji helmet for reference, and that's with using admantite... So much farming to do... but once I'm done, FFV elites will be a cake walk (in fact, already almost done with them. Only 1 left!)

That moment when you realize you've spent a quarter of a million gil upgrading a single piece of equipment and you STILL haven't maxed out it's level.... MY MONIES!!

Genji helmet for reference, and that's with using admantite... So much farming to do... but once I'm done, FFV elites will be a cake walk (in fact, already almost done with them. Only 1 left!)

Hmm, just a moment ago I got my Regal Gown from 1 to 15 with about 50k. I'm expecting that if I only use 3* from here on out, it will only cost me another 50k or so to max it at 20. Do you mean maxing it at level 30, or were you using all Small Adamantite?

Hmm, just a moment ago I got my Regal Gown from 1 to 15 with about 50k. I'm expecting that if I only use 3* from here on out, it will only cost me another 50k or so to max it at 20. Do you mean maxing it at level 30, or were you using all Small Adamantite?

Genji helmet, 5* max rank of 20. I miscalculated, I 'only' spent 150,000 gil so far to get it from level 1 to level 15. I was using mostly 2 and 3* adamantite (wasn't paying attention at the time, probably 10 of the larger 3* and 20 of the smaller 2*).

Genji helmet, 5* max rank of 20. I miscalculated, I 'only' spent 150,000 gil so far to get it from level 1 to level 15. I was using mostly 2 and 3* adamantite (wasn't paying attention at the time, probably 10 of the larger 3* and 20 of the smaller 2*).

Ahh. Did you by chance use all the larger 3* ones first? If so that will really drive up your costs. Because it sounds like we did basically the same thing, and ended up at the same level, but I've only spent 50,000 instead of 150,000. and I only used about 6 or 7 big ones and the rest small ones.

Another possibility is that the Genji Helmet just has a higher per-ingredient cost than the Regal Gown, but I thought the price was only based on the rarity and the current level, so that Regal Gown should be equal to Genji Helmet.

A post from reddit about upcoming content:

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee..._quick_rundown_of_what_events_and_updates_to/

This is a brief summary of what Global players can expect to see within the next month for FFRK.

First of All, Next week is most likely going to be the release of the first Story Update including all new classic dungeons from FFI, FFII, and FFVI. New Playable characters from the update include Cyan (FFVI), Josef (FFII), and a few core class characters like Summoner.

Quickly following that, a new Event will come out. The most likely event will be Terra's Event, which is a Completion style dungeon such as the Shinra Event, and the Mt. Ordeals Event. Notable Rewards include the Playable Character, Terra, and some FFVI accessories. The Difficulty of this event will be a little bit harder than the Shinra Event, but nothing too out of left field, should be easy for anyone who's able to clear "Countdown to Destruction" on the Hard difficulty.

The week after (Heading into May) is most likely going to the Celes' Event. This is another new type of Event called a "Survival Event". Differing slightly from the Collection Event going on right now, you will receive medals after clearing stages. And after reaching a certain number of medals, you will receive a reward. Notable rewards from this event include, the Playable Character, Celes, 4* and 5* Ice and Holy Orbs, and quite a few 3*+ weapons and armor from FFVI and FFVII.
This will be the first difficult event and will actually be a challenge for people with average levelled parties (40+ may still find it a bit hard). Death in this event is commonplace, and will come at often random times, SL quite a lot.

Following that, in the middle of May, we should get our 2nd Collection Event, which is Lenna's event. This event will be similar difficulty to Celes' event, so Watch Out! Notable Rewards include, the Playable Character, Lenna, Mythril, a chance to get 3, 4, and 5* orbs for much cheaper, and some FFIV gear.
Rather than Countdown to Destruction, this Event will have FIVE difficulties, rather than 3.

Around that time, should also be another rather large story update, updating FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, and FFX, and introducing FFIII, FFVIII, and FFXIII into the game. New Playable Characters Include: Gordon (FFII), Luneth (FFIII), Warrior of Light (FFI), and Snow (FFXIII)

Following that, right around the End of May, should be Rinoa's Event. Which is another Completion style event.
Notable Rewards are unknown other than Rinoa being a reward for beating the event.

I do like the constant updating of content that's planned for this. It's going to be pretty packed. Hopefully my interest and battery last enough to see it all through.

Shahed

Terra and Celes? Perfect. As much as I like her, Rydia is now on borrowed time.

My levels are low though so I'm gonna drop Sephiroth, and only use Cloud, Tifa and Aeris for today's Hard mode in order to level faster.

Does anyone know how the game data transfer feature works? The in game help makes it sound like you have to do a manual upload and download of your game when you want to transfer your save. But what do I do when I want to protect myself from accidental data loss, like my phone gets stolen or broken or whatever?

If I choose to upload via my Facebook account, it then says I can go to another device which uses the same facebook account and then import my save. But is this only the snapshot of my save at the time I did the upload? Or once I link it, does it constantly upload all the time and basically always keep my save synced with my Facebook account, so if anything suddenly happens and I lose my phone, I can still recover my account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom