• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how the game data transfer feature works? The in game help makes it sound like you have to do a manual upload and download of your game when you want to transfer your save. But what do I do when I want to protect myself from accidental data loss, like my phone gets stolen or broken or whatever?

If I choose to upload via my Facebook account, it then says I can go to another device which uses the same facebook account and then import my save. But is this only the snapshot of my save at the time I did the upload? Or once I link it, does it constantly upload all the time and basically always keep my save synced with my Facebook account, so if anything suddenly happens and I lose my phone, I can still recover my account?

As far as I understand, it's just a snap shot.

And yes! FF6 characters! Can't wait to slowly switch my team out... Terra and Celes are guaranteed spots in my character roster from here on out, I don't care how much better other characters later might be. Muwhahaha making things pointlessly difficult for myself will be fun! Needs more Sabin and Edgar though.

Shahed

While I'm not really interested in Cyan, I'll still use him for the FFVI places. Besides hopefully it'll mean another person who can use Spellblade

For all of the people not getting mythril gear... really wish there was a trade function. I seem to be getting a large amount of drops, I already have one of each fully leveled and another near complete shield and helmet... all of which I won't be using again anytime soon since I cleared all of the FF4 elites.

As far as I understand, it's just a snap shot.

And yes! FF6 characters! Can't wait to slowly switch my team out... Terra and Celes are guaranteed spots in my character roster from here on out, I don't care how much better other characters later might be. Muwhahaha making things pointlessly difficult for myself will be fun! Needs more Sabin and Edgar though.

God damn, that's fucking garbage. Does that mean that there is basically no way to protect yourself against unexpected events? And that if, for example, someone steals your phone, youre' just fucked? I mean maybe you can go back to the last time you uploaded, but that could have been days, weeks, or months worth of progress lost.

So idk, upload once a day or something? Is that the only way?

Kouriozan

First of All, Next week is most likely going to be the release of the first Story Update including all new classic dungeons from FFI, FFII, and FFVI. New Playable characters from the update include Cyan (FFVI), Josef (FFII), and a few core class characters like Summoner.

Quickly following that, a new Event will come out. The most likely event will be Terra's Event, which is a Completion style dungeon such as the Shinra Event, and the Mt. Ordeals Event. Notable Rewards include the Playable Character, Terra, and some FFVI accessories. The Difficulty of this event will be a little bit harder than the Shinra Event, but nothing too out of left field, should be easy for anyone who's able to clear "Countdown to Destruction" on the Hard difficulty.
GIMME TERRA!
I want her so bad, still 19 mythril left to get for 2x 11 pulls. With the new story I should reach it no problem.
And then, praying RNG goddess to get Terra's weapon.

God damn, that's fucking garbage. Does that mean that there is basically no way to protect yourself against unexpected events? And that if, for example, someone steals your phone, youre' just fucked? I mean maybe you can go back to the last time you uploaded, but that could have been days, weeks, or months worth of progress lost.

So idk, upload once a day or something? Is that the only way?

I'm not certain, I guess the way to test would be to try restoring a backup on another phone.

CTLance

Yussss, FFVI characters. Move aside, FFIV/FFVII scrubs, now the real main characters have entered the scene. :D

I fear by the time those updates come around I will have lost interest, though. I'm not one to stick around long with these kind of grindy F2P games, and the UI just IRRITATES the ever loving fuck out of me.

I'm not certain, I guess the way to test would be to try restoring a backup on another phone.

I think I'll actually just email support and see what they say. It would be pretty crazy for a F2P game like this to not have account recovery, which is all I'm really concerned about.

Shahed

Terra is in my final/ultimate/ideal party. No ifs or buts about it. She'll miss out on certain synergy stuff, but otherwise she'll be ever present. Celes I'd like to use, but might have to give way for someone else for balance reasons

You mean the Elemental sword attacks?

Cyan can't use them unfortunately.

Naw, he's a samurai. Samurai and combat skills only.
Oh? I was just guessing really. So Cloud is still going to keep his place? Not that I was ever really gonna take him out until he hit Lv 50 bar synergy reasons

Genji helmet fully upgraded and I still have 98k gil to my name... Genji armor won't be upgraded too soon I think.
I have no money. I just got a fully upgraded Black Cowl so it went there. I'm just farming materials to use tomorrow so I can max out my Genji Armour.

R0ckman

Is adult Rydia going to be released? Is there a point in releasing her in this? I really wanted Edge, but I guess Shadow will do...

Shouta

Is adult Rydia going to be released? Is there a point in releasing her in this? I really wanted Edge, but I guess Shadow will do...

Not yet.

This weekend is kinda silly for the JP version. They have 3 events going on right now. One is ending this weekend so it's mostly overlap but we have

Auron
Edward/Mog
Ashe/Vaan (which started today)

SO MANY CHARS NOT ENOUGH STAMINA

Shahed

Not yet.

This weekend is kinda silly for the JP version. They have 3 events going on right now. One is ending this weekend so it's mostly overlap but we have

Auron
Edward/Mog

What's your max Stamina/Inventory at the moment? Just to see how far ahead you are and so I can cry out of jealousy!

Kouriozan

Not yet.

Auron
Edward/Mog

Ashe?!
Oh my, thankfully she is far away for us so I can stock up some mythrils.

Roto13

I haven't looked at what characters are available in Japan/what they do, but I would guess Adult Rydia could use higher level black magic and no white magic.

One of my most memorabe scenes from final fantasy 6 is when sabin, cyan, and shadow are stuck on the phantom train and the ghosts are surrounding them:

Phantom-Train-FFVI-iOS.png

And this dungeon is probably where we get Cyan too I am guessing.

Shouta

What's your max Stamina/Inventory at the moment? Just to see how far ahead you are and so I can cry out of jealousy!

My max inventory is the default, 100. I might start needing to do upgrade it soon but I haven't had the need because I just sell the lower end stuff. I have enough 4-5 star stuff to keep my chars equipped as necessary. It doesn't fill all my gaps but it's enough. 24 pieces of 5 star gear currently with a mix of Raw 5 and Upgraded 3/4s that became 5s.

Stamina, I have 84 right now but that's not the max. I haven't done much stamina grinding recently because of all the new events they do.

Shahed

My max inventory is the default, 100. I might start needing to do upgrade it soon but I haven't had the need because I just sell the lower end stuff. I have enough 4-5 star stuff to keep my chars equipped as necessary. It doesn't fill all my gaps but it's enough. 24 pieces of 5 star gear currently with a mix of Raw 5 and Upgraded 3/4s that became 5s.

Stamina, I have 84 right now but that's not the max. I haven't done much stamina grinding recently because of all the new events they do.
You've got exactly double my stamina cap. There's so much I could do with that! As for the inventory I've got 120 by spending 4 Mythril on it. Constatly selling 1*/2* material was annoying and I'm reluctant to sell the 3* gear I don't used that I've gotten from pulls. I'd kick myself if I ever sold something and wanted it later.

Shouta

You can grind for stamina?

Oops, what I meant is do story for Stamina. Where I am right now, there's so many event and story dungeons that I can't get it all done quickly. The story dungeons take a lot stamina up and events are ongoing all the time so I gotta choose.

I just pulled a Blitz Whip from the common relic draw. Is there any reason to use this over a rod? When I first started the game Whip was all the rage, but it seems like once you have a decent Rod, whips are basically deprecated.

I just pulled a Blitz Whip from the common relic draw. Is there any reason to use this over a rod? When I first started the game Whip was all the rage, but it seems like once you have a decent Rod, whips are basically deprecated.

Whips are a jack of all trade weapon and are good for auto battling and pretty decent with synergy dungeons since they give a decent amount of magic and allow you to range damage fairly well.

Roto13

Oops, what I meant is do story for Stamina. Where I am right now, there's so many event and story dungeons that I can't get it all done quickly. The story dungeons take a lot stamina up and events are ongoing all the time so I gotta choose.

Ah, ok. I forgot you were playing the Japanese version.

Valus

One of my most memorabe scenes from final fantasy 6 is when sabin, cyan, and shadow are stuck on the phantom train and the ghosts are surrounding them:

Phantom-Train-FFVI-iOS.png

And this dungeon is probably where we get Cyan too I am guessing.

I would imagine we'd get Cyan at Doma Castle. He is so badass.

And yeah, the Doom Train was awesome. But don't forget the military camp!

39.jpg

lyrick

Guide on what orb is worth the exchange, in general

Greater Lightning > Greater Fire > Greater Wind > Thunder

Everything else you can farm it for cheaper.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/32xsh8/greater_orbs_worth_grinding_magicite_for/

I don't think that guy's math is right...

Hard event (396 to 405 on rounds 1 - 6, 504 for round 7 and 900 for completion)

400 * 6 + 504 + 900 = 3804 mithril for 71 stamina or 53.6 mithril/Stamina

so a 3000 mithril item should cost approximately 56 Stamina.

Shahadan

Wow I didn't know that buying their gems would be so expensive. It costs 3€ to get enough for a random item. Never doing that.

Shahed

Yeah not sure I can bring myself to go back in there. Part of me is saying I'll regret not getting the 4* Summon Orbs and the 3* Non Elementals. But I just can't be bothered. Especially since I've got so many Elite's I need doing. If I'd done them already I might have, but I've got better things to do.

Vorpal

Kind of enjoying the mindlessness of the Aerith event. Whenever I have ~10 minutes to burn I can run through a few stages and bank the Magicite for later. I've been doing the same with orbs.

But damn, the more I stockpile something the less I want to spend it. I'm an FF:RK hoarder.
Please send help

thedan001

Once Terra is out, she's gonna go in my main team, hoping for her relic draw weapon

It has 55 atk, 77 magic which makes her great for autobattling

Along with 5* black magic, she's some powerhouse

Shahed

If only 300 gems was 5 slots instead of 3 I would buy a few.
If that's your worry, you could just buy a Rare Relic pull and then spend 5 Mythril on inventory. I've used 4 Mythril on Inventory to boost it to 120. Yet to use real money so far, but I might be tempted to do a 11 pull for Terra's weapon if I don't have it by the last day of higher chance

elty

Anyone try Reno with only 3 people on hard? Reno usually dies in one hit by Cloud but he is incredibly fast and like to spam Pyramid. Usually by the time I can act he already pyramid two of my 4.

Totally going to blow my 50 Mythril on Terra's weapon. Rydia it is nice knowing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom