• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's your worry, you could just buy a Rare Relic pull and then spend 5 Mythril on inventory. I've used 4 Mythril on Inventory to boost it to 120. Yet to use real money so far, but I might be tempted to do a 11 pull for Terra's weapon if I don't have it by the last day of higher chance

Thing is it would considerably slow down my saving for 50 Mythrils for a 11 pull. However, I am saving for Celes event and we should get Mythrils for new story content and Terra event before that. If I was ready to buy gems for a 11 pull it would be a non-issue.

After getting completely burned on my 50 mythril pull I'm in no rush to save up that much again. At this point if I do another 11 pull it's going to be because I cracked and spent real cash on this game which I hope not to do.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Is the black mage as worthless as he seems? Only use I've gotten out of him is hitting bosses weakpoints to get a better rating, and even then it doesn't do much damage.

Also, is kain hilariously OP or is it just my gear? He one shots everything besides bosses and his normal attacks are better than everyone elses special attacks.

antitrop

After getting completely burned on my 50 mythril pull I'm in no rush to save up that much again. At this point if I do another 11 pull it's going to be because I cracked and spent real cash on this game which I hope not to do.

I dropped $60 yesterday. :p

I've enjoyed this game more than some full retail games I've bought for $60, so I don't feel bad. I didn't get anything amazing, but I didn't get burned, either.

Now I'm just waiting for the Gil daily to roll around so I can upgrade the stuff I got. :p

johnsmith

remember me
Is the black mage as worthless as he seems? Only use I've gotten out of him is hitting bosses weakpoints to get a better rating, and even then it doesn't do much damage.

Also, is kain hilariously OP or is it just my gear? He one shots everything besides bosses and his normal attacks are better than everyone elses special attacks.
Yes, all generic characters are worthless compared to named characters.

Kain is average, maybe you pulled a good 4 or 5* weapon for him?

NomadX

Neo Member
I dropped $60 yesterday. :p

I've enjoyed this game more than some full retail games I've bought for $60, so I don't feel bad. I didn't get anything amazing, but I didn't get burned, either.

Now I'm just waiting for the Gil daily to roll around so I can upgrade the stuff I got. :p

I feel the same way actually, even if I rolled the proverbial dice and lost. I think it may be the nostalgia and that FF had my favorite battle system in RPGs. It's all action now so I got the itch for ATB. Plus seeing all the characters return in sprite form was awesome. Dissidia will be the new-gen and this will be the nostalgic sprites.

I'm shocked Record Keeper doesn't give you the option to outright pay for old characters from events you missed, seems like easy cash for lttp players

BasilZero

Just started the game - surprised how addictive it is ;o

But dat stamina limitation...I'm glad its there otherwise my phone would be dead by now XD.

Damn, guess I'll trade him out for wakka permanently. And Kain does have a 4 star spear.

Ultimately play with who you like is what I say. Kain is one of my favorite character in video games, he rocks a 4*+ spear and wreaks avock with crazy jumps. He's not the best, but I did all the available content with the party I felt like using.

Discc13

Neo Member
Time to play ffvi (never finished), but don't known what version to play, I'm planning to play it on my Nexus 5/7 so the android version sounds good for cloud save, but... I have a moga controller, should I play the GBA + sound patch version? And just transfer my saves via Dropbox?
What do guys recommend me?

johnsmith

remember me
Time to play ffvi (never finished), but don't known what version to play, I'm planning to play it on my Nexus 5/7 so the android version sounds good for cloud save, but... I have a moga controller, should I play the GBA + sound patch version? And just transfer my saves via Dropbox?
What do guys recommend me?

Yeah, the GBA version is the best since it fixes all the bugs in the original. Especially if you can fix the music.

Damn, guess I'll trade him out for wakka permanently. And Kain does have a 4 star spear.
Most people are using Rydia as their mage right now. Since there's only like 2 black magic spells above level 3 there's not much downside to using her as your main mage at the moment. Terra should be coming within the next week or two and she'll be the best black mage for a while.

Falk

that puzzling face
RK is like a wake-up call to finish all the oldies that you didn't finish/never started.

As good as RK is, having the plots of some of the SNES/PSX era games spoiled before you play them properly has gotta be a cardinal sin.

NomadX

Neo Member
RK is like a wake-up call to finish all the oldies that you didn't finish/never started.

As good as RK is, having the plots of some of the SNES/PSX era games spoiled before you play them properly has gotta be a cardinal sin.

It's not like they spoil that Aeris gets ..... *sniper shot* Also Edea is Rinoa what >.>

Falk

that puzzling face
Well as a low-hanging-fruit example Paladin Cecil is out of the bag and that was one of the more "holy shit this is awesome' moments of FFIV

Jyrii

Banned
So I was in the misconception that the daily events would be reset weekly, so that you could get the master rewards again.

I was planning to get 50 mythril for the 11 draws and I am holding 31 at the moment. I still need spare mythril for some hard events. So should I just use the 5 mythril draws, or should I just wait till there is another special event? I currently have only 3 star weapons and armor + 4 star Light Rod.

So I was in the misconception that the daily events would be reset weekly, so that you could get the master rewards again.

I was planning to get 50 mythril for the 11 draws and I holding 31 at the moment. I still need spare mythril for some hard events, so should I just use the 5 mythril draws, or should I just wait till there is another special event? I currently have only 3 star weapons and armor + 4 star Light Rod.
I haven't done a single Mythril Relic pull yet and I'm doing just fine. I say wait until you get 50 and then use it during a rate up event for a relic that you want. You can get some 4 star (and one piece of 5 star) equipment just by upgrading and combining drops from dungeons that are currently available.

Jyrii

Banned
I haven't done a single Mythril Relic pull yet and I'm doing just fine. I say wait until you get 50 and then use it during a rate up event for a relic that you want. You can get some 4 star (and one piece of 5 star) equipment just by upgrading and combining drops from dungeons that are currently available.

Thanks.

Guess I'll hold to them a bit longer then.

Thanks.

Guess I'll hold to them a bit longer then.
One more thing, if you're saving Mythril to use as continues on hard events, I'd advise against that. Unless it's a really dire situation or you're trying to finish an event just before the time limit is up, it's not worth it IMO.

There's tons of information resources available that make it easy to prepare yourself for any dungeon/event. The FF:RK Reddit is a great place to keep apprised of all the happenings in the game.

Jyrii

Banned
One more thing, if you're saving Mythril to use as continues on hard events, I'd advise against that. Unless it's a really dire situation or you're trying to finish an event just before the time limit is up, it's not worth it IMO.

There's tons of information resources available that make it easy to prepare yourself for any dungeon/event. The FF:RK Reddit is a great place to keep apprised of all the happenings in the game.

I have only been using mythril to rest before the boss fight if clearing the areas before that have been too exhausting to HP and skills.

Thanks for the link, though I hate the layout of the messages in Reddit. Can't read that properly at all lol.

Shahed

Just used Shiva for the first time. Damn she's a lot more powerful compared to Blizzara than I was expecting. Annihilates the FFIV Elite bosses. Only on the last stage now but ran out of Stamina just before the two bosses. So what do I do here again. Kill one arm, get body down to low health, kill the other arm and then kill the body really fast? Anyone have a rough idea to their HP totals?

I have only been using mythril to rest before the boss fight if clearing the areas before that have been too exhausting to HP and skills.

Thanks for the link, though I hate the layout of the messages in Reddit. Can't read that properly at all lol.
I'm not a big Reddit user either, but just check the Megathread and anything pinned to the top and you'll be fine.

And as for healing, again, not really the best use of Mythril IMO. If you prepare yourself properly (synergy/equipment/skill wise), you should be able manage your skill use and health and still be able to handle the bosses. And if not, you probably shouldn't be tackling that dungeon just yet, at least not for Mastery.

DeviantBoi

What's a good balanced roster?

I have Tidus, Cloud, my character, white Mage, and black Mage currently in my party.

I have all the other characters except for Sephiroth. They are at level one. Which ones should I add to my party? Tifa? Cecil (which of the two)? Rydia? Aerith? Waka?

Thanks!

Shahed

What's a good balanced roster?

I have Tidus, Cloud, my character, white Mage, and black Mage currently in my party.

I have all the other characters except for Sephiroth. They are at level one. Which ones should I add to my party? Tifa? Cecil (which of the two)? Rydia? Aerith? Waka?

Thanks!
You probably should have replaced BLM for Rydia straightaway. Terra is coming soon, but I'd still put Rydia in now. Same for Aeris and WHM. The actual FF characters just have better stats and can take advantage of synergies in each world. I'd even say get rid of your own character unless you really want him. Pretty much every other melee character will be so much stronger. Who you pick doesn't really matter. It just depends on the gear you have, and what world you are fighting in.

At the moment I use a use a team of Cloud, Kain, Rydia and Aeris. The last person I change around. But I'm quick to switch to an all FFIV or FFVII party depending on content. You shouldn't have one main party and only use that. Yes have your core go to team, but you need other people as well. I personally don't like using Tidus or Wakka that much, but I keep their levels roughly up by using them when farming Orbs and Gear. Then they come straight in when I do the FFX daily or Elite.

DeviantBoi

You probably should have replaced BLM for Rydia straightaway. Terra is coming soon, but I'd still put Rydia in now. Same for Aeris and WHM. The actual FF characters just have better stats and can take advantage of synergies in each world. I'd even say get rid of your own character unless you really want him. Pretty much every other melee character will be so much stronger. Who you pick doesn't really matter. It just depends on the gear you have, and what world you are fighting in.

At the moment I use a use a team of Cloud, Kain, Rydia and Aeris. The last person I change around. But I'm quick to switch to an all FFIV or FFVII party depending on content. You shouldn't have one main party and only use that. Yes have your core go to team, but you need other people as well. I personally don't like using Tidus or Wakka that much, but I keep their levels roughly up by using them when farming Orbs and Gear. Then they come straight in when I do the FFX daily or Elite.
Thanks!

I used some growth eggs on Rydia and Aerith, so I have them up to 22. The rest of my party is 26-27, so it's not big of a gap.

I wanna switch out my main character for DK Cecil. He seems to pack a bigger punch than the rest. I'll use the other growth egg from this event to level him up.

Shahed

Thanks!

I used some growth eggs on Rydia and Aerith, so I have them up to 22. The rest of my party is 26-27, so it's not big of a gap.

I wanna switch out my main character for DK Cecil. He seems to pack a bigger punch than the rest. I'll use the other growth egg from this event to level him up.
Doesn't really matter. I'd pick based on the weapons you get. Get a good Katana? Sephiroth. Spear or Axe? Kain. Fists or ranged? Tifa or Wakka. Since you already have 2 sword users it might be difficult having yet another good one. Daggers are good since so many people can use them. Ultimately you will want to level each of them decently so they can help in their respective worlds though.

I was personally about to drop Kain for either Tidus or Wakka for better world balance. But then I pulled a 4* Axe that only he can use which now makes him my strongest melee character ignoring synergy. Another advantage with him is I can put Jump on him so I can put Double Cut/Charge on someone else. Bar Cloud at the moment due to his weapon and ability variety, there isn't really anyone who's clearly better than someone else. It's all situational.

Shahed

I think it might be time to drop Tifa unless she gets a really good weapon or armour. She's my 3rd strongest behind Cloud and Kain. But she just cannot take a hit due to her poor armour selection. So unless she gets even stronger to the point she's indispensable, or gets better survivability she stays out. I feel bad because I like her. Oh well. Terra coming soon!

And yeah I wouldn't bother levelling the Core characters. They're not very good, and the time spwnt would be better served levelling the better characters and/or getting better gear/abilities. Gear synergy is more important anyway.

Current team: Cloud, Seph, P Cecil, Rydia, and Aerith

Cloud is ever approaching 50 (currently 45) and Rydia isn't too far behind (43). I may start weening myself from them sooner versus later unless there is some big bonus/unlock when you hit max level for a character.

Shahed

Well Clouds gear you can give them to someone else easily enough. Rydia would be the biggest miss, but at those levels you could probably 3 man most things. 4 if you aren't sure.

Never ending cycle of needing more money to upgrade stuff -> having the money but no materials to upgrade -> getting the materials then running out of money

Argh :[

Kaiterra

Banned
Never ending cycle of needing more money to upgrade stuff -> having the money but no materials to upgrade -> getting the materials then running out of money

Argh :[

I know that feel, haha. I always seem to need the opposite material of what the daily event gives, too. I tried to hoard it once but then I just ran out of inventory space.

But you can already do that with non-core users after level 30-35 or so. Remembering that there is no 'core' gear to synergize, and the only benefit to characters is like 10 levels... And 10 levels on an under statted character only about makes them par for the course.

Sure, might as well put those core characters to use for a change, particularly as chars are approaching level 50. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom