• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you can sell the stuff right?

I have the problem of having no new gear to upgrade!

I know but I'm not really sure what to sell from my inventory. I guess I can sell all the accessories that I don't plan on using like stuff that boosts accuracy and evasion.

What orbs/abilities is everyone working towards from this event?

After getting Aerith, Mythril x2, Power Staff x3, Sniper Eye x2, Jeweled Ring and Peace Ring..

Greater Fire x3 (Wrath)
Greater Dark x1 (Quake)
Greater Wind x7 (Bladeblitz or Syldra)
Greater Lightning x2 (Syldra)
Non-Elemental x6 (honed Comet)
Lesser Wind x10 (honed Double Cut)

Shahed

Just spent like everything armour material I farmed yesterday and nigh all my money on upgrading my Genji Armour to 20/20. I've got nothing left to upgrade a few other pieces. Still worth it though since whoever wears that will be nigh unkillable. Especially since FFV Elites are where I'm going next. FFIV Elites were pretty easy for me since I tried them post nerf. Exception being the finak event on which the bosses hit pretty hard. How vital are Power/Magic Break for Elites going forward? I could afford both if not for Non-elementals

Negator

Just spent like everything armour material I farmed yesterday and nigh all my money on upgrading my Genji Armour to 20/20. I've got nothing left to upgrade a few other pieces. Still worth it though since whoever wears that will be nigh unkillable. Especially since FFV Elites are where I'm going next. FFIV Elites were pretty easy for me since I tried them post nerf. Exception being the finak event on which the bosses hit pretty hard. How vital are Power/Magic Break for Elites goinhg forward?

Magic and Power break are some of the most important skills in the game.

I'm taking a maxed team of 50's all with at least 1*++ maxed armor FF5 gear into the last FF5 elite, it's the last one I haven't beaten and the only one that was not nerfed. Bringing Power Break because Forza hits like a goddamn truck.

Shahed

I'm taking a maxed team of 50's all with at least 1*++ maxed armor FF5 gear into the last FF5 elite, it's the last one I haven't beaten and the only one that was not nerfed. Bringing Power Break because Forza hits like a goddamn truck.
Ugh. Guess I'm gonna take a break from Elites and go back to magicite farming for some Orbs. It's so boring. It'd be okay, but Aeris isn't quite sturdy enough yet for me to auto battle Hard Mode. Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth are fine. I mean I've got 3* or higher gear for everyone On FFV so it'll be easier defensively to a degree. But I don't have anyone in my 40's, and only 2 FFV weapons in Sephiroth's Katana's and one admittedly quite powerful 4* Axe for Kain. I need to raise my levels at this point.

I finally did it last night. Power Break made the difference I think! Sleep never stuck on him but I made it anyway. Aerith limit break causing Stop was a great addition!

Got enough for a 3* Summon, though not sure which one to go for yet as they'll all be uselfull in certain worlds but it's going to be a while again before I can get another :( That's a hard decision to make.

About to make a BladeBlitz. Which will be great for some bonus with multiple enemies and just multiple enemies in general. Should help clean up nicely.

Currently rolling with DK Celil (Lvl 30) Rydia, Tidus, Tifa and Sephiroth (all high 40s) with Cloud fully maxed for Elites.

BasilZero

I just got Kain and he is lv 8 now.

Started FFIV.

But I am trying to get Aerith from the limited event.

Doing "Easy" mode because in "Normal" mode I get destroyed lol. I cant imagine how hard is :x.

I just got Kain and he is lv 8 now.

Started FFIV.

But I am trying to get Aerith from the limited event.

Doing "Easy" mode because in "Normal" mode I get destroyed lol. I cant imagine how hard is :x.

lol a cakewalk for all of us that finished the shinra event :)

My advice for you, forget Aerith for the moment, go do all of your story mode stuff. It should only take another day or two max to get through FFIV, V, and 6 and in doing so you'll unlock a ton of gear, abilities, and stamina. Then mop up Normal mode event like it's nothing and unlock Aerith with just that alone.

The Aerith event has another week and a half to go, there is no real reason to rush through it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Got enough for a 3* Summon, though not sure which one to go for yet as they'll all be uselfull in certain worlds but it's going to be a while again before I can get another :( That's a hard decision to make.

Thunder is the more useful element but of the current bosses the only one that you might want a hit-all magic attack would really be Baigan, for whom you want Blizzard, so Shiva I guess?

Negator

Managed to land Blind and Slow on Forza with Tidus. That and power breaks made him manageable enough to get a master clear, yay!

All elite content cleared. Guess there's not much left to do but grind the FF7 crew in sector 7.

Thunder is the more useful element but of the current bosses the only one that you might want a hit-all magic attack would really be Baigan, for whom you want Blizzard, so Shiva I guess?

Thanks for the tip.

Man, BladeBlitz is awesome. It's like double cut but better. Well for multiples anyways.

Lanrutcon

Is there a guide somewhere to abilities and orbs? I'm not sure what the heck is going on there. Also: is there a list somewhere of what characters are unlocked during the main story?

Managed to land Blind and Slow on Forza with Tidus. That and power breaks made him manageable enough to get a master clear, yay!

All elite content cleared. Guess there's not much left to do but grind the FF7 crew in sector 7.

I still haven't beaten them, but i did try earlier and found that Aerith's Seal Evil will stop and silence both of them. Very useful. I'm thinking about trying again when i get some more levels, but unfortunately i never use Tidus so he's still really low :-/ I'm hoping i can grind him from 25-35 tomorrow.

In other news i saved up 5 mythril and pulled a Genji Shield earlier. Not the best of 5*s, but I'll take it

Reno can be an absolute bastard with his shitty Pyramid scheme. I beat him first time without him casting it once but since then he's always cast it. But I've still beaten him easily many times now. Except he got me good on the last go where I was fighting a losing battle with them and just get spamming them on me :(

Reno can be an absolute bastard with his shitty Pyramid scheme. I beat him first time without him casting it once but since then he's always cast it. But I've still beaten him easily many times now. Except he got me good on the last go where I was fighting a losing battle with them and just get spamming them on me :(

Save scumming is your friend if reno goes crazy with pyramids early in the battle

Also I decided to do more black cowl farming because I really would like to get one more for a 5 star cowl

Sure but he just caught me off guard with that one seeing as how easy the whole thing normally is.

Woah only just realised this threads on over 4k posts. Last time I looked it was under 3k which didn't feel long ago.

Roto13

Sometimes Reno goes nuts with Pyramids (like the last time I fought him, where at some point I just said fuck it and nuked him with Comet), and sometimes he barely relies on them at all. Usually I can just have Aerith destroy them and have everyone else focus on attacking.

Not that he takes long to go down for me.

By the time you fight Reno, Aerith should have her break available. Toss that at the beginning of the fight and he should be dead by the end of it (if you're in the mid 30's or higher).

Negator

Are the unique weapons added to the pool permanently or only available during their respective event?

They're added to the pool permanently and they appear more often during their event relative to other items. I believe after a certain point they are retired for other similar items.

Shahadan

Oh great, thanks !

I guess I just have bad luck then. Never got a single one :lol:
Not that there have been many of them, but still.

chrono01

Are the unique weapons added to the pool permanently or only available during their respective event?
They're added to the pool indefinitely, only their rates are reduced [to lower than standard 5* ones] when they're not featured.

Supposedly, the Japanese version has events where all of the 5* drops are doubled, although we haven't received anything like that yet in the English release.

They're added to the pool indefinitely, only their rates are reduced [to lower than standard 5* ones] when they're not featured.

Supposedly, the Japanese version has events where all of the 5* drops are doubled, although we haven't received anything like that yet in the English release.

That's a pretty standard moba practice to have double rates on all rare stuff to make people impulse spend on gatcha

chrono01

That's a pretty standard moba practice to have double rates on all rare stuff to make people impulse spend on gatcha
Haha, trust me I know. I play too many of this style of game. >_<

I'm trying to be patient and wait for a "true" rate-up event, but I'll probably be tempted to use my 30 Mythril when terra's weapon is added...

Roto13

By the time you fight Reno, Aerith should have her break available. Toss that at the beginning of the fight and he should be dead by the end of it (if you're in the mid 30's or higher).

It can fail on Reno and if he's going nuts with pyramids, she can be interrupted before she call pull it off.

Source: That was my life a couple of hours ago.

Vorpal

Does it fail? I've never seen Aerith's special fail. At the very least I've never seen it fail and definitely not on Reno. Super easy mode.

Can confirm, Seal Evil definitely fails to stick sometimes. I first used it against Reno, got a "NO EFFECT," and assumed bosses were immune. Then I saw a few people in this thread say that it worked on Reno, so I did a small test. Savescumming on Reno, Seal Evil landed Stop 4 out of 10 times for me. Oddly, one time Stop lasted for only about ~2 seconds. I paused the game right after it stuck and came back a few minutes later, so maybe that had something to do with it.

ZZ3to90l.png

So yeah, definitely not a guarantee. Though YMMV, of course. It's just misleading that you don't see "Miss" when it fails to land.

Edit: I should add that I've had similar results running through Elites. RNGesus has been a little more friendly to me though--I'd say I'm batting about 70% on successful Seal Evils

XJF

Where can you get Lesser Wind Orbs now? Heard the original farming spots were severely nerfed after the recent update.

Negator

The FF6 dungeons and the orb daily are pretty good sources for wind orbs, I haven't seen much of a nerf really.

You do have to do the daily on hard, though. Anything lower than that is a waste of stamina.

The real pain in the ass orbs to get are 3* Non-Elemental and Lightning orbs. They drop off rare mobs in their respective daily.

Amongst Elite North Mountain (V), and Mt. Kolts, Imperial Camp, and Sputh Figaro Cave (VI), which is the easiest? I tried North Mountain and couldn't beat it, so I'm not sure which one to try next

Negator

Amongst Elite North Mountain (V), and Mt. Kolts, Imperial Camp, and Sputh Figaro Cave (VI), which is the easiest? I tried North Mountain and couldn't beat it, so I'm not sure which one to try next

If I had to rank them, I would say from easiest to hardest:

Imperial Camp - South Figaro Cave - Mt. Kolts - North Mountain

Bring lots of Thunder to Camp and Cave, lots of fire to Kolts

Falk

that puzzling face
I kind of want to grind the crap out of my core class melee users so that they may synergy auto attack through the saturday gil daily

You know, the core classes are probably going to be my second rung set of "get these guys to lv50 ASAP" on the EXP daily because eventually I'm going to want their materia (summon recharge per stage YEHHHH) and I don't want to have to lug them around to level them up anywhere else. (For example VII crew is levelling the shit up on Aeris event while wrecking it)

So is the general consensus to skip the last ff5 since it doesn't appear to be properly nerfed and go straight to ff6?

Err elites that is.

XJF

Am i supposed to be able to read that? haha.

So, because of this game, I restarted FFVI last night. Just got Cyan. Just realized I never beat this game... I feel ashamed...

Falk

that puzzling face
Well I already did tell you what it does. :p

Black Mage and White Mage have similar recharge abilities.

So, because of this game, I restarted FFVI last night. Just got Cyan. Just realized I never beat this game... I feel ashamed...
This game encouraged me to start ffiv complete collection on vita for the first time, pretty brilliant actually. Definitely recommended

antitrop

I love FFVI to death, it's one of my Top 5 games. But whenever I try to replay it, I always run out of steam at the World of Ruin.

I absolutely never get sick of Sabin suplexing a train, of course, I'll still find that part enjoyable when I'm on my death bed.

Falk

that puzzling face
I love FFVI to death, it's one of my Top 5 games. But whenever I try to replay it, I always run out of steam at the World of Ruin.

Well WoR might have as well been a separate game. It pretty much was open world do-whatever-the-heck-you-want set in the FF6 universe.

Was groundbreaking and unheard of for such a storied (HEHEHEH) franchise, but I can understand why people who like FF for the narrative might feel like the pacing went out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom