• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Well WoR might have as well been a separate game. It pretty much was open world do-whatever-the-heck-you-want set in the FF6 universe.

Was groundbreaking and unheard of for such a storied (HEHEHEH) franchise, but I can understand why people who like FF for the narrative might feel like the pacing went out the window.

Well, some of the most important stuff in the plot happens during that section, so I enjoyed it the first time. I just find it tedious for replays, even though I pretty much know exactly where I have to go.

I preferred the non-linear structure earlier in the game, where you have to choose between the 3 separate parties and their vignettes. That might actually be my favorite part of the whole game.

Falk

that puzzling face
6goY1aUl.jpg

s2of2wol.jpg

Get shit on

(Having a blast w/ FF6 elites now)

Prototype

I love FFVI to death, it's one of my Top 5 games. But whenever I try to replay it, I always run out of steam at the World of Ruin.

I absolutely never get sick of Sabin suplexing a train, of course, I'll still find that part enjoyable when I'm on my death bed.
I always run out of steam when it's time to go to kefkas tower. I only have a few characters leveled and don't want to get 2 whole other parties up to speed. Sad because I love that game.

Well, some of the most important stuff in the plot happens during that section, so I enjoyed it the first time. I just find it tedious for replays, even though I pretty much know exactly where I have to go.

I preferred the non-linear structure earlier in the game, where you have to choose between the 3 separate parties and their vignettes. That might actually be my favorite part of the whole game.

That was truly great; many of the things FFVI and Chrono Trigger did seem even more groundbreaking now than back then. Back then pretty much everything was new, but with today's perspective and more encyclopedic knowledge of their forerunners, contemporaries and followers, every unique thing they did is that much more highlighted.

FFVI was my favorite game for a significant part of my life; to the mind it felt so sweeping, so sprawling story and world-wise. The word I want to use to describe it (Spanish: inabarcable) seems not to exist in English, which is almost meta!

There really hasn't been a lot of "weak to water" enemies. It's been a pretty useless spell at this point.

Well water as a stand alone spell hasn't been in many ff games so very few things would have a weakness to it. A lot of the earlier final fantasy games combined water and ice damage as one type. None of the currently available games had water as a stand alone magic which is why its currently useless

tensuke

Man 50 mythril down the drain trying to get Aerith's staff. Don't know if I want to stomach another 50 myth loss lol...But that break would be very useful. Decisions, decisions...

reKon

Banned
Should I keep playimg through the Aeris event, level up my characters since there's I only have 3 that are 30+, or continue clearing through the elite dungeons for the the first time? I feel like I've spent so much time farming and trying to get synergy armor/essential skills like double cut and thundara

Should I keep playimg through the Aeris event, level up my characters since there's I only have 3 that are 30+, or continue clearing through the elite dungeons for the the first time? I feel like I've spent so much time farming and trying to get synergy armor/essential skills like double cut and thundara

Higher levels and equipment are always a good thing. The elites are going to be available all the time and I can guarantee you that your current crew won't last through all of the elites as is. Sooner or later you're going to hit a wall... that said, you're free to butt your head against the wall to see where it's weak points are.

I do one to two elites.per day, focusing first on the weapon drops and otherrwise hit mix of dailies and events. That way the content is stretched out and there are more goals out there to do

Roto13

Yea I'm using Kain, Rydia, and Dk Cecil they all have at least 3 star ffiv equip except accessory slot and Rydia using ff3 staff

It's because I usually get novice on the arm guy because he always self destructs and kills a party member

Yeah, you really need to make sure the arms are dead when you finish him off. Each arm KO's one party member, regardless of their HP or defense or resistance or anything else.

I've heard Shiva is useful for this. I haven't given it a serious attempt though.

Shahed

Yea I'm using Kain, Rydia, and Dk Cecil they all have at least 3 star ffiv equip except accessory slot and Rydia using ff3 staff

It's because I usually get novice on the arm guy because he always self destructs and kills a party member
Have you got Shiva? Makes it easier but not necessary. Kill one arm, and then get both the body and the other arm to low health. You might have to reboot a few times while you figure out how much health they have roughly. Then.once one arm is dead and then both the other arm and body are on low health, kill the arm and then body as fast as possible before arms respawn. This is where Shiva is good in that it can kill both at once or even leave the body on extremely low HP.

The hard part is also saving enough Thunder/Blizzard stuff for the mext boss

Falk

that puzzling face
Going to depend on future content. Right now, anything that does Lightning damage will do really really well for FF6 content.

Yeah, it fell in line for progression for me. Shiva helped me destroy IV elites (was actually farming a rank 2 Shiva to probably savescum Baigan/Cagnazzo mastery prior to the nerf) and now Syldra is helping me destroy VI elites outside of Vargas, of which I'm probably getting R2 Ifrit before reattempting.

As for orbs, nonstop Aerith event.

duckroll

Negator finally suckered me into this game after we made an agreement where he'll finish the remaining Terra Battle chapters. >_<

Why does Aerith cost 3000 shards... dat grind. :/

Negator finally suckered me into this game after we made an agreement where he'll finish the remaining Terra Battle chapters. >_<

Why does Aerith cost 3000 shards... dat grind. :/

Do the story missions, by the time you're done with FF4, you'll have enough levels/skills to do Normal. Beating normal gives you 3000 alone.

Falk

that puzzling face
It was a grind on JP.

Over here if you finish easy and normal event you have way more than 3k

I'd say instead of grinding (on easy I presume) you should just go through the main story which will boost your stamina and then right after that you should be able to take on normal event which would fasttrack you to Aerith. There's plenty of time left in the event.

duckroll

Do the story missions, by the time you're done with FF4, you'll have enough levels/skills to do Normal. Beating normal gives you 3000 alone.

Cool. Good to know. The battle sprites are really nice, but the game just feels kinda slow and repetitive after a while, so I don't plan on rushing through this. Just didn't want to miss out on the limited event, but it sounds like I have nothing to worry about with regards to getting Aerith lol.

elty

I still can't believe they drastically increase the reward / decrease the cost for this event. Looking at the Japan number it is crazily grindy.

Shahed

3: They are more wary because the business model they are using isn't as widespread/accepted in the west and are trying harder to hook players.

I already can barely be bothered with getting magicite. If it was as bad as the Japanese version sounds. I would have only got Aeris and left. As it is I probably won't end up getting thr Greater Summon Orbs even though I know I really should

Falk

that puzzling face
At the very least clearing out the Lesser Orb inventory is a no-brainer. Like literally do Hard once and you have Magicite to buy out all of it since it's only 60 apiece.

A week ago everyone was all 'oh my God where do I farm lesser Wind/Lightning orbs'

edit: It actually takes way more effort to 'farm' the Orbs out of the shop than it does to farm Magicite for it because the UI is atrocious lol

Shahed

At the very least clearing out the Lesser Orb inventory is a no-brainer. Like literally do Hard once and you have Magicite to buy out all of it since it's only 60 apiece.

A week ago everyone was all 'oh my God where do I farm lesser Wind/Lightning orbs'

edit: It actually takes way more effort to 'farm' the Orbs out of the shop than it does to farm Magicite for it because the UI is atrocious lol
Oh I bought all the Power Orbs and will end up getting the other's as wwll. To be honest though I don't really need them all anymore compared last week. Already created all 2* I think I'd evwe want and honee most of them already..I'll still buy them all though. It's the 3* Non Elementals I've been getting first to buy Comet and the Breaks

Falk

that puzzling face
I think high ranked lower level magic will have a use for prolonged dungeons. 10 Cure was far more useful than 6 Cura the first few times through Aerith event hard for example.

mstevens

That's my plan once I finish clearing out the greater lightning orbs.

I've put all other dailies and elites on hold until I get everything I want. So much to buy!

Shahed

Oh I agree with that. I took my 8 Cura instead of 4 Curaga first time through. I didn't want to waste Stamina in case I ran out. Now I just auto battle ising the 4 FFVII characters so it's not a problem. In fact I still use Cura now for the extra uses

SougoXIII

Jesus Christ the UI makes me wanna punch an orphan. How incompetent can you get that you can't at least allow multiple purchase?

Falk

that puzzling face
Looking at the Google Docs spreadsheet, is it me or does Minus Strike seem a tad... overpowered? Seems like it'd be the same type of ability that gets disabled by Death immunity the way Gravity-based abilities are.

Minus Strike
Non-Elemental
Single
Damage=(Max HP - Current HP)*2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom