• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is quickness worth using (haste to user, 4 uses at base)? It seems like sometimes melee users don't need 2 damage abilities and sometimes their status granting abilities are worthless.

Or maybe I'll go with drain strike instead.

Meneses

At the very least clearing out the Lesser Orb inventory is a no-brainer. Like literally do Hard once and you have Magicite to buy out all of it since it's only 60 apiece.

A week ago everyone was all 'oh my God where do I farm lesser Wind/Lightning orbs'

edit: It actually takes way more effort to 'farm' the Orbs out of the shop than it does to farm Magicite for it because the UI is atrocious lol

Yeah, this is good advice but it's a pain trying to actually cash in all the orbs.

SougoXIII

Looking at the Google Docs spreadsheet, is it me or does Minus Strike seem a tad... overpowered? Seems like it'd be the same type of ability that gets disabled by Death immunity the way Gravity-based abilities are.

Isn't that base on your HP instead of the boss? Then it would be a high risk/high reward situation. I doubt anyone wants to stay on near death status during a boss fight.

Is quickness worth using (haste to user, 4 uses at base)? It seems like sometimes melee users don't need 2 damage abilities and sometimes their status granting abilities are worthless.

Can quickness be equip by most/all of the melee though? It annoys me to no end when someone can't equip Dark/Elemental strike etc..

Vorpal

I've been really curious about Quickness too. I like the idea of Cloud popping haste and going to town with 4x Charge or Double Strike.

Unfortunately, I was an idiot and bought a second Drain Strike like "Yeah Sephiroth could TOTALLY use this!!" so now I'm short on Power Orbs.

Vorpal

The only character I can attach quickness to is Tifa at the moment. (Or the main guy). It's a good buff for herself.

Not Cloud? Celerity *** is listed under his usable abilities, and Quickness is Celerity ***, so it would be weird if he couldn't equip it. Unless I'm missing something?

NomadX

Neo Member
Starting to wish I didn't go for my last relic pull. Ended up with a useless 3* and could have used the 5 mythril to do more of the event. Gonna take 12 complete runs just to get enough orbs for Syldra. Probably could complete all current elites now but this event is distracting. Kind of hoping later events only take up a day to get everything worthwhile.

SougoXIII

Tidus and cloud can use quickness as well. Dark cecil too. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jX47Ym3wVCSGkk8gpwphEEn2yU/htmlview?sle=true#

I ended up going with drain strike. So cloud has two hard hitting and synergistic abilities. Slam, which deals 1.8x damage and deals 20% hp damage to himself, and drain strike which deals 1.7x damage and heals for 30% of that damage.

Shouldn't you just go with double cut? It's x1.8 dmg and have little draw back.

Golbez

edit: It actually takes way more effort to 'farm' the Orbs out of the shop than it does to farm Magicite for it because the UI is atrocious lol

This so much. I should be farming the event but actually buying anything from Dr. Mog is horrendous.

Vorpal

Since the GPU tweak, FF:RK runs smoothly for 90% of the game, but the Aerith event still hangs a lot on loading screens/transitions. I'll enter Hard mode and see the whirling blue graphic for a while or just the green background. Sometimes it resolves itself and other times I have to kill the app. Boo

Shahed

Managed to get Cloud, Rydia, Kain and Tifa to the 40's and Aeris is catching up nicely. I'll leave her in and now work on Sephiroth, Wakka and Tidus.

What I like about FFIV remade... the cutscenes.

What I don't like... the graphics, the field of view, the exploration mechanic (would be great if sometimes you didn't get stuck on 99% explored), the UI... talking about the PC version.

I have also played it on the DS and it is much more understandable/bearable if I remember right. But playing on PC it falls well short of what should have been. But they didn't bother to really work on it to excel the way it could have with a larger screen, etc..

I have double cut on sephiroth. I think it is best to diversify. Also, sometimes double cut just doesn't hit the right target twice in a row I noticed.

The only time I find double cut isn't a good option is when I can one shot enemies or a boss has multiple parts like Bagan. It's still probably the overall best move you can currently get for physical attackers

Been grinding up Tidus, Wakka, Tyro, and the physical FF4 guys. Hoping to get them all to a decent level so I can start tackling the FF4 elites (and get mastery one the last FF10 elite).

Shahed

How hard is SS Liki Elite? It's the only FFX one I haven't done, if only because it requires you to Blind the target for Mastery and I don't have Dark Attack. Can you Master the dungeon with it? I've done all the FFIV Elites if that helps

Seems I've over prepared for FF6, at least so far. Cleared the first 2 elites very easily and i'm expecting with ramuh to make fairly quick work of most of the remainder. By the end of the day tomorrow I may have my stamina capped out.

How hard is SS Liki Elite? It's the only FFX one I haven't done, if only because it requires you to Blind the target for Mastery and I don't have Dark Attack. Can you Master the dungeon with it? I've done all the FFIV Elites if that helps

You can miss 3-4 coins on any boss stage and still hit mastery as long as you ace everything else. I never had a blind attack and I mastered it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Seems I've over prepared for FF6, at least so far. Cleared the first 2 elites very easily and i'm expecting with ramuh to make fairly quick work of most of the remainder. By the end of the day tomorrow I may have my stamina capped out.

Vargas does require slightly different prep. You can still brute force your way through but something as simple as swapping out Thunder Strike for Fire Strike helps kill off the elephants faster. (3 of them at once hurt)

Also Aerith's limit break is hilariously amazing for multiple-mob bosses that aren't immune to CC. Holy shit lol.

Shahed

You can miss 3-4 coins on any boss stage and still hit mastery as long as you ace everything else. I never had a blind attack and I mastered it.

Thanks. Guess I'll do that then. Well after Tuesday since I got a decent weapon for Wakka but no upgrade materials. He and Tidus should get some levels on Monday's FFX Daily as well

Anyone have an opinion for experience dungeon what is better ratio normal or hard for farming?

Hard by far. Top of my head I got 7k exp for 5 Stamina on Normal. Is that right? On Hard you get 25-30k for 10 so practically double the exp in comparison

I feel like the only non hard daily worth doing at this point would be the adamantie/starlite dailies simply because the 1 star materials can still be useful so that you don't waste more powerful materials on weapons that are very close to leveling up

Shahed

Got my first 5* Weapon Draw! And it turns out to be a Staff, and not Aerith's either. I mean I should be happy I got a 5* item at all, but it would be for the class I would least prioritise a 5* weapon. Judgement Staff (FFV)

Got my first 5* Weapon Draw! And it turns out to be a Staff, and not Aerith's either. I mean I should be happy I got a 5* item at all, but it would be for the class I would least prioritise a 5* weapon. Judgement Staff (FFV)

5* weapons seem to have a really low drop rate so at least it's something!

Shahed

5* weapons seem to have a really low drop rate so at least it's something!
I just hope my luck hasn't gone on this and not something better. Even at level 1 it's better than the Light Staff at 15/15 from FFVII Elite. Only gonna take it to level 10 since that'll be cheap. Then I'll wait to see if Aerith's Guard Stick falls before the end. If it does, I'll upgrade that instead.

Any other 5* weapon I'd be maxing out come Tuesday lol. At least Tyro will be able to heal now once Aerith is 50!

Got a full set of 5 team members all level 50 now after today. Grinding up DK Cecil and Aerith at the mo now too.

I'm really lucky some good weapons for the B teams. However I'm just swapping out general to fill the gap.

I forgot how nice it was to be getting a steady supply of stamina... I got used to spending 10 minutes every 2 hours to drain my stamina, but getting to end a dungeon and immediately have full stamina due to getting 5 gems... So good. 3 stamina shards a level is super nice, too bad it won't last. Still, once I've gotten these all beat that'll give me an extra 12 minutes of leeway for stamina dumps. Can't wait to have enough stamina to sleep through the night guilt free.

Hycran

Banned
I tried baigan and cagnazzo elite this morning, and I forgot to bring blizzara T_T

Finally got back to them and was one medal off from champion and was thinking to myself "better make quick work of the second boss". Managed to get a prefect score on him. Why is cagnazzo so much weaker than baigan? Also, what do I do with this killer bow I have no ranged users :(

Shahed

I forgot how nice it was to be getting a steady supply of stamina... I got used to spending 10 minutes every 2 hours to drain my stamina, but getting to end a dungeon and immediately have full stamina due to getting 5 gems... So good. 3 stamina shards a level is super nice, too bad it won't last. Still, once I've gotten these all beat that'll give me an extra 12 minutes of leeway for stamina dumps. Can't wait to have enough stamina to sleep through the night guilt free.

Yeah I decided to go ahead with SS Liki because I figured it should be pretty easy considering it's only 26. The two shards will refresh me stamina as well. So FFVI gives 3 shards instead of two? I might be tempted to do that before FFV then

What happens when characters hit 50?
No idea. But once someone's hit the level cap, I may as well get someone else up to speed instead of wasting the exp. Gonna feel weird dropping Cloud soon but at least there's plenty of replacements. Rydia will be the bigger loss

jwhit28

I just hope my luck hasn't gone on this and not something better. Even at level 1 it's better than the Light Staff at 15/15 from FFVII Elite. Only gonna take it to level 10 since that'll be cheap. Then I'll wait to see if Aerith's Guard Stick falls before the end. If it does, I'll upgrade that instead.

Any other 5* weapon I'd be maxing out come Tuesday lol. At least Tyro will be able to heal now once Aerith is 50!

What happens when characters hit 50?

Negator

I tried baigan and cagnazzo elite this morning, and I forgot to bring blizzara T_T

Finally got back to them and was one medal off from champion and was thinking to myself "better make quick work of the second boss". Managed to get a prefect score on him. Why is cagnazzo so much weaker than baigan? Also, what do I do with this killer bow I have no ranged users :(

You don't have Wakka or Tyro? :)

It is true to the source material.

Mattiator

Thanks. Guess I'll do that then. Well after Tuesday since I got a decent weapon for Wakka but no upgrade materials. He and Tidus should get some levels on Monday's FFX Daily as well

Hard by far. Top of my head I got 7k exp for 5 Stamina on Normal. Is that right? On Hard you get 25-30k for 10 so practically double the exp in comparison

Awesome that's what I will be doing then :).
Thanks!

Vorpal

Newton's First Law of Auto-Battle: When auto-battle is activated, spellcasters will begin every battle with a full ATB gauge. If auto-battle is cancelled, the ATB gauges of spellcasters will practically never fill up again.

GAMERG0D

So I got a notif in the game that we're getting the I and II dungeons plus new abilities. Doesn't say when but I'd assume in a few days like the other events we've gotten shortly after they were announced. Tomorrow or Tuesday I'd assume.

Newton's First Law of Auto-Battle: When auto-battle is activated, spellcasters will begin every battle with a full ATB gauge. If auto-battle is cancelled, the ATB gauges of spellcasters will practically never fill up again.

Newton's Second Law of Auto-Battle: When your battle begins with your melee characters at full gauge, the enemies will either target fire your weakest character or unleash their most powerful ability before you get a turn

Falk

that puzzling face
ZW9zxmyl.jpg

Kaboom

Tunnel Armor and Forza&Magissa elites left.

I'm hoping that Seal Evil latches on the latter. Would make the fight so much easier being able to AOE stop them to set up power breaks/etc.

JNA

Banned
ZW9zxmyl.jpg

Kaboom

I'm hoping that Seal Evil latches on the latter. Would make the fight so much easier being able to AOE stop them to set up power breaks/etc.

...what weapons do you have? o_0

So I got a notif in the game that we're getting the I and II dungeons plus new abilities. Doesn't say when but I'd assume in a few days like the other events we've gotten shortly after they were announced. Tomorrow or Tuesday I'd assume.

Weird, I'm not seeing anything. Can you post a screenshot?

Falk

that puzzling face
Two 3* RS weapons (Mage Masher, Bastard Sword) on Sephiroth/Cloud, a shitty 2* RS Mythril Claws on Tifa, assorted + and ++ 2-3* RS defensive gear, 4* non-RS rod and Black Cowl++ on Rydia

What you're seeing is my single shot of Syldra lol. I'm not sure if Ramuh can hit 9999 as Syldra was hitting for 5.5k on non-Thunder vulnerable targets (hence 11k not counting 9999 cap)

edit: Yeah, probably not, as the google docs says 4x multiplier on Ramuh vs 6.5x on Syldra. I guess KojiKnight will be able to say soon.

ZW9zxmyl.jpg

Kaboom

Seal Evil does work, and it means you can free up an ability slot for Slow or something since you don't need to bring silence to get the target condition.

JNA

Banned
Judging from the fact that Rydia just attacked, I'm assuming he's got a maxed Black Cowl and he just cast Ramuh.

Black Cowl...the armor?

Is Black Cowl better than Royal Gown? 0_0 if it is let me know so I can switch it and put it on Aerith instead! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom