• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Black Cowl...the armor?

Is Black Cowl better than Royal Gown? 0_0 if it is let me know so I can switch it and put it on Aerith instead! :D

You could just check but longpressing both of them for stats :p (works within worlds and shows the Record Synergy boosted stats too)

elty

Still have about 8 elite to clear, too busy clearing daily and event.

And according to Japan, this update should have FF4 and 6 content as well as 1 and 2.

Falk

that puzzling face
Still have about 8 elite to clear, too busy clearing daily and event.

And according to Japan, this update should have FF4 and 6 content as well as 1 and 2.

Could be different. Japan had new paintings monthly. If NA decides to go weekly or twice a month, I and II might be it. But yes, in terms of difficulty progression, I and II were next.

Falk

that puzzling face
I had two paintings and II had three paintings.

To clarify my previous post, I and II were 'next' after the 'missing' VI paintings, so if there's no IV and VI it means we're slightly breaking the sequence of the Japanese releases.

Screencap explains it better than I can
3FerSL1.png

Negator

Could be different. Japan had new paintings monthly. If NA decides to go weekly or twice a month, I and II might be it. But yes, in terms of difficulty progression, I and II were next.

They'll probably just keep it the same. You've already seen what happens when DeNA tries to screw with the difficulty.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, what we were discussing in the thread was that if it really is just I and II, then some paintings are missing.

And it seems a little weird for the update notice to not mention 6 if we're getting the 2nd and 3rd batch of VI paintings before I and II

Just cleared another ff6 elite. 3 to go and 1 last ff5 and all of the current ones cleared, just in time for the new ones. Also another relic draw, another 3 star ff12 drop. Going to wreck ff12 when it releases.

Kuro

Does anyone know what song they used in one of the japanese ads for this game? It wasn't the Final Fantasy main theme or title theme and it wasn't the Jenova one, it might have been an original piece. Just asking for a friend who liked it. They said it sounded like an upbeat kind of song you hear in a shounen anime when the hero is fighting for his friends if that makes any sense.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does anyone know what song they used in one of the japanese ads for this game? It wasn't the Final Fantasy main theme or title theme and it wasn't the Jenova one, it might have been an original piece. Just asking for a friend who liked it. They said it sounded like an upbeat kind of song you hear in a shounen anime when the hero is fighting for his friends if that makes any sense.
This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-yR6Jsvqw

johnsmith

remember me
Got my first 2 level 50s, with another 2 coming shortly. Hopefully the event to raise the cap on cloud and rydia isn't too far off?

ACK, why did I use that one as fusion fodder...

Drop from the boss of Mako Reactor No.1! Only 3 Stamina and 13 for elite, the dungeon has one level. Some enemies before the boss also drop a regular knife from II. At 1*++ they might be ok with synergy. The Mythril Knife at 2*++ should do great.

Golbez

Drop from the boss of Mako Reactor No.1! Only 3 Stamina and 13 for elite, the dungeon has one level. Some enemies before the boss also drop a regular knife from II. At 1*++ they might be ok with synergy. The Mythril Knife at 2*++ should do great.

Oh, neat! I'll check that out. Might have to wait for Friday to get fusion fodder though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Remember that they advertised that Cyan was coming with the next expansion, pretty sure we'll see ff6 included with 1 and 2.

Did they actually say that? My bad, I figured that it was from speculation within this thread from the JP timeline.

Did they actually say that? My bad, I figured that it was from speculation within this thread from the JP timeline.

Yes, when you beat the available story portraits for the first time they advertised the next set would include Cyan, so unless they changed plans in less than a month's time we should be seeing it.

Yes, when you beat the available story portraits for the first time they advertised the next set would include Cyan, so unless they changed plans in less than a month's time we should be seeing it.

Did it say it would come at the same time though? It could happen a few weeks apart for example

Elite Vargas is a dick to clothies... Have to do the entire section again to try and get mastery later... Power break was a god send, but by the time I took the bears down he'd already murdered Aerith (RIP) and put Rydia so low she only got 2 comets off on him.

Speaking of which, comet is amazing. Always does 3k+ damage which puts it nearly on par with 2* elemental spells hitting a target's weakspot.

Did it say it would come at the same time though? It could happen a few weeks apart for example

Can't remember specifically and I can't seem to find a way to bring it back up to check it out.

Falk

that puzzling face
Elite Vargas is a dick to clothies... Have to do the entire section again to try and get mastery later... Power break was a god send, but by the time I took the bears down he'd already murdered Aerith (RIP) and put Rydia so low she only got 2 comets off on him.

Speaking of which, comet is amazing. Always does 3k+ damage which puts it nearly on par with 2* elemental spells hitting a target's weakspot.

Yea Comet is 3.35 vs 1.8x2 -ra vulnerabilities.

If you have spare Summon Orbs lying around a shot of Ifrit helps a lot. The elephants* bears are weak to fire.

*(I swear they looked like wooly mammoths to me I need sleep)

Yea Comet is 3.35 vs 1.8x2 -ra vulnerabilities.

If you have spare Summon Orbs lying around a shot of Ifrit helps a lot. The elephants* bears are weak to fire.

*(I swear they looked like wooly mammoths to me I need sleep)

Used them all on Ramuh who's much more useful for FF6 elites. I'll manage a rematch against Vargas down the line.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have Shiva, Ifrit and Syldra

My life's is p cool right now

(Thank God the nerf hit - was halfway through the extra grind for Shiva 2nd shot for Baigan - spent it on Ifrit instead)

Hycran

Banned
You don't have Wakka or Tyro? :)

Tyro is awful for dps I might as well put archer in my party haha. Although it would be nice to have him plink in the black and have a utility spell or two.

I'm sticking with tidus because he is better on rankings and has a better limit break

ZW9zxmyl.jpg

Kaboom

Tunnel Armor and Forza&Magissa elites left.

I just one shotted tunnel armor. He is extremely easy. Was only doing 200 per hit on my level 31 aeris after the power/armour/magic break wombo combo. Now I have another ranged weapon I can't use =/

rest of the party is lower 40s with an average of 4 stars per slot per person. No synergy weapons except tidus' bastard sword

Only 1 FF6 elite and 1 FF5 elite and all of the elites will finally be conquered temporarily!

Though Vargas needs to be mastered. I don't expect a lot of complications there, just need to remember to bring fira this time. I didn't last time because I didn't think he'd be an issue, but I forgot I needed to burn those bears for 3 medals. Still, I fully expect to have everything mastered by the end of the day. Up to 48 stamina, honestly can't wait til the new dungeons unlock and I get some more. Every stamina unlocked is 3 more minutes I feel less guilty for not checking the game.

duckroll

Tried Aerith Normal again with a party at about lvl13, even exchanged for all the FFVII gear like Power Vests and Power Wrists hoping for a good boost. On the bright side my guys no longer get one-shotted. But it still feels too hard to attempt. I guess I'll go through the FFV dungeons next to get stronger and see how it goes. Probably won't get Aerith until the weekend at this rate!

Meier

Man, the Sea of Elements is pretty rough -- definitely can't auto attack through this. The fact I have no FFX armor or weapons makes so a huge difference. Does anyone have any? It's likely if it ever dropped that I just used it for upgrades before I "knew better."

Only the last FF5 elite to go... barely made it through the last FF6 elite with a mastery, not sure if I want to go into possibly the hardest elite as is. Maybe I'll rematch Vargas first. Honed my Fira Blade so he should be noticably easier... I'd hope.

(Edit) Just noticed elite dungeons have a fog/night filter applied to levels. Man I'm unobservant.

Shahed

Man, the Sea of Elements is pretty rough -- definitely can't auto attack through this. The fact I have no FFX armor or weapons makes so a huge difference. Does anyone have any? It's likely if it ever dropped that I just used it for upgrades before I "knew better."

Nah they're a bit harder because the armoured lizard thingy and plant hit hard. And as far as I know there's no FFX gear at all unless there's some relic stuff. I bring Rydia along who one shots them with a *Ra spell, focusing on the two enemies above. Then I try and Charge/Double Cut them on top. So Cloud helps with his Strike moves but I've dropped him now to get other people level up. I usually attack with at least one ability per round unless it's the Garuda.

Tried Aerith Normal again with a party at about lvl13, even exchanged for all the FFVII gear like Power Vests and Power Wrists hoping for a good boost. On the bright side my guys no longer get one-shotted. But it still feels too hard to attempt. I guess I'll go through the FFV dungeons next to get stronger and see how it goes. Probably won't get Aerith until the weekend at this rate!

I wouldn't worry too much about Aerith yet. One Mastery run on normal should be enough. Just go through the main story quests and you'll get naturally stronger in levels, gain Mythril for geear on Relic pulls, orbs for better abilities (especially in FFVI world) and more Stamina in general. All of that doesn't take that long and then you'll be a lot better prepared for the Aerith event. In fact by then it should be pretty easy. On Normal anyway. You'll likely struggle with Hard no matter what because there's too many things you'll need to get better at it from money to materials and other gear you'd need to farm from various dungeons and Daily's. I'm assuming you missed Tifa and Sephiroth as well?

Only the last FF5 elite to go... barely made it through the last FF6 elite with a mastery, not sure if I want to go into possibly the hardest elite as is. Maybe I'll rematch Vargas first. Honed my Fira Blade so he should be noticably easier... I'd hope.

(Edit) Just noticed elite dungeons have a fog/night filter applied to levels. Man I'm unobservant.
Did you have either Ramuh or Syldra? I'm not gonna have enough for either and was wonder how I'd find it without them. I do have a good amount of FFVI gear though. Like pretty much everyone will be wearing a mix of native and combined 4* gear on both weapons and armour bar Aerith

Falk

that puzzling face
More importantly re: story content - (at least the first batch so far) has a ton of stamina shards you can abuse to maximize your stamina refills while getting stronger instead of waiting around.

EGM92

Is there any chart showing character base stats at different levels? I've already got Cloud and Tiduz to level 50 but I'm not sure if I want to keep Tiduz over someone like Sephiroth or Tifa

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there any chart showing character base stats at different levels? I've already got Cloud and Tiduz to level 50 but I'm not sure if I want to keep Tiduz over someone like Sephiroth or Tifa

There definitely is. I'll try to find it, but someone else might have it handy.

Shahed

Unless they're massively lower level, you may as well level other characters up if they're strong enough for whatever content you're doing. No point wasting exp and you my thank yourself later on a harder FFVII event or you draw a really good Katana/Fist Weapon

Did you have either Ramuh or Syldra? I'm not gonna have enough for either and was wonder how I'd find it without them. I do have a good amount of FFVI gear though. Like pretty much everyone will be wearing a mix of native and combined 4* gear on both weapons and armour bar Aerith

I have a level 1 Ramuh, enough for a single cast. Not going to lie, it's very helpful especially against the 3 Magitek armors... but not completely insurmountable. I think I could have managed without it. Also the tunnel armor? Super easy mode in comparison. I think just my thundara (with 6 charges) probably could have handled all of them if I could keep Rydia alive, but it would have added an extra 3-4 turns to the fight and made it harder to master.

I do have a single power break (2 charges) which definitely helps.

So yeah, Ramuh isn't a MUST being it will make the FF6 elites a lot easier. Except Vargas... he's an asshole regardless.

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_Rankings

Updated as new characters are added on the US. It's the official 'wiki'.

Saerk

I used the Aeris event to get enough Summoning Orbs to craft Shiva, and wow! That spell just handed Baigan his ass. Did 9k to him and both of his arms. Was able to quickly burn down the body with my remaining attacks. Max score on that part achieved. Now to finish off that elite dungeon, and get the 4 star bow.

Maybe it's new? I never noticed it before, but I saw some people mention it in the comments on the official site today.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The FFX Hard Daily is the only one I can't beat with mastery

9 rounds, no bosses: the big trick is just to unload with skills. If you're getting to the end of the 3rd stage with any skills left, you're playing wrong. -ara, Comet, Double Cut, Spellblades. Use Soul Gauge stuff as soon as you can. So the big requirement is just having enough uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom