• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 rounds, no bosses: the big trick is just to unload with skills. If you're getting to the end of the 3rd stage with any skills left, you're playing wrong. -ara, Comet, Double Cut, Spellblades. Use Soul Gauge stuff as soon as you can. So the big requirement is just having enough uses.

I try and do that, but I still get bad luck with enemies hitting me too much even with save scumming

Hmm so my party struggles with the Hard Event even at mid 30s. (Damn magitek lasers one-shotting Rydia and Aerith).

I want to just auto-battle farm for magicite while I'm at work; is it worth it to keep throwing my party at hard mode even though I won't complete the full run and miss out on the completion bonus(There will also be 10 stamina wasted for the losing round I guess)? Or would it be better to farm normal mode since I can actually complete that.

Also I see a lot of talk praising Ramuh, wouldn't Syldra be better? Or is it because Ramuh is just easier to obtain?

Shahed

Just cleared all the FFV Elites bar the last one. They started to hit pretty hard so I'm going to make Power Break before I start on FFVI. Already have Magic and Armour Break. Would have rather created Power instead of the latter, but had no Lightning Orbs. Thankfully I only need the one now and a full clear of the FFVII event on Hard should give me enough.

I try and do that, but I still get bad luck with enemies hitting me too much even with save scumming
Getting Comet definitely helps. Not sure what your party make up and levels are, but Rydia one shots with the Ra spells Aerith does the same with Comet. I barely heal there and go full attack mode with spells and abilities to kill them as quick as I can

If the next batch of story content gets us up to 79 stamina, I'm thinking that might be a good time to start using gems to refill stamina.

Does anyone know if they ever release a 4th tier of daily dungeons? Like an extra hard that drops greater orbs?

And do we know yet if the next update is the one that gives memory crystals to break the level cap?

I'm so bored of grinding the FF7 plate dungeon on hard, especially since I can't get more than 3 fights in before my party gets wiped out. But I feel like its the best use of time for the best rewards.

Shahed

Why do I keep getting FFVI weapons? From Bastard Sword, to Flametongue, Maneater, Swordbreaker, Venom Claws and Moonring Blade. I don't need that many variations of the same world. Give me somewhere else or repeats so I can at least upgrade them. Or some armours instead. Tifa could definitely use some Light Armoue since she's so weak compared to other melee

Falk

that puzzling face
I would say Syldra if you can manage the rest of it (think it'd sit more at 22k depending on how much of it you already have)

Otherwise, another summon (Ramuh or Shiva) would get you a lot of mileage in Elites.

DeviantBoi

I have grinded enough crystals for a three-star summon. Which one should I get?

Also, I want to grind some more to get Comet, but there are no black orbs for sale. Where can I get some?

I hate Tidus. He's so fucking junk. I mean my Aerith has outleveled already!

Tidus is good on elite bosses that you can land lots of status debuffs on. His attack power isn't that strong, but his ability to use debuffs is really nice. You can give him Intimidate and Power Break for example.

I have grinded enough crystals for a three-star summon. Which one should I get?

Also, I want to grind some more to get Comet, but there are no black orbs for sale. Where can I get some?

Depends where you are in the elite chain. If you haven't done the FF4 elites yet, get Shiva. If you've beaten them, get Ramuh for FF6 elites.

Shahed

Got Power Break. I think that may be me done with the FFVII event now. Just takes too much effort getting magicite and it's really boring. Besides I wanna tey and get as many FFVI Elites as I can done before the update

I'm thinking about skipping the orb daily today and instead focusing on the Aerith event. I need regular Non-Elemental Orbs but I just did 3 full clears of the daily on hard and didn't get a single one. I guess they only drop from Garudas, and I only saw 2 Garudas and they both dropped lesser non-elemental orbs. Seems like these are really hard to get, so maybe just buying them at 1500 a pop is the best way to go. I see that they can drop in elite versions of Zanarkand, SS Liki, Fabul Castle, North Mountain, and Mt. Kolts, but not sure what the drop rate is.

reKon

Banned
Yeah this is definitely the hardest daily. :(

Good to know because this is the first week I've been actually trying out the hard dailies and elite dungeons. All the equipment I've gotten and my leveling up have helped a ton and I was actually doing pretty well... until I got to the daily for today. I'm getting my ass swiftly kicked. Getting Novice/experts on one run then fleeing and playing the first round over and over again.

I'm going to keep doing this all day though.. now I see why everyone trys to play on hard...

On normal, they don't drop shit!

I'm also going to go heavy on Wednesday and Thursday, so I hope that those aren't too hard..

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm thinking about skipping the orb daily today and instead focusing on the Aerith event. I need regular Non-Elemental Orbs but I just did 3 full clears of the daily on hard and didn't get a single one. I guess they only drop from Garudas, and I only saw 2 Garudas and they both dropped lesser non-elemental orbs. Seems like these are really hard to get, so maybe just buying them at 1500 a pop is the best way to go. I see that they can drop in elite versions of Zanarkand, SS Liki, Fabul Castle, North Mountain, and Mt. Kolts, but not sure what the drop rate is.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/32xsh8/greater_orbs_worth_grinding_magicite_for/

This says to do Zanarkand and save/load for a retry for less stam cost.

Deadly

Tidus is good on elite bosses that you can land lots of status debuffs on. His attack power isn't that strong, but his ability to use debuffs is really nice. You can give him Intimidate and Power Break for example.
Yeah I know it's the only reason I'm leveling him, for future purposes. So far Tyro has been doing this role just fine though.

Think I'll finish off the remaining elite dungeons I have to do. Think I've got 4 left.

Shahed

I've barely used Tidus. I figured I'd level him (and Wakka) for the FFX Elites but they weren't that hard anyway. I'll get him in the party to replace Cloud once he hits 50 though.

Good to know because this is the first week I've been actually trying out the hard dailies and elite dungeons. All the equipment I've gotten and my leveling up have helped a ton and I was actually doing pretty well... until I got to the daily for today. I'm getting my ass swiftly kicked. Getting Novice/experts on one run then fleeing and playing the first round over and over again.

I'm going to keep doing this all day though.. now I see why everyone trys to play on hard...

On normal, they don't drop shit!

I'm also going to go heavy on Wednesday and Thursday, so I hope that those aren't too hard..

Wednesday isn't that bad because enemies don't hit as hard. Unless you farmed the very first level in FFVII for the FFII weapons (Knife off enemies, Mythril Knife off Boss. Also off Tuesday's Hard) chances are it'll be similar to FFX without taking as much damage. Thursday is probably the easiest with 4 FFIV characters and a good amount of weapons (Kunai++) and armour (Mythril Shield/Helm/Armour) available to use. Friday is pretty easy as well if you managed to recruit Sephiroth and Tifa, but the lack of FFVII weapons (bar Lwather Glove ++) means Thursday is easier

Shouta

Tidus is my strongest char in the Japanese version, heh. I just hit the level cap with him (65) and I've got a 6 star weapon for him that lets him do Spiral Cut against all enemies, heh.

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess they only drop from Garudas, and I only saw 2 Garudas and they both dropped lesser non-elemental orbs.

FWIW I've seen Ragora (the seed shooter things) only drop Wind Orbs and Murussu (armored guys) only drop Holy Orbs when they drop silver (3*) so it may well be that it's by mob type.

Which means, yeah, Aerith event for Non-Elementals lol

edit: I think we need to start a gdocs spreadsheet detailing mob drops that goes more in-depth than the official site. Some drops from the same enemy even differ based on which stage in the painting and all this information is useful for conserving stamina while farming.

Xetherion

FWIW I've seen Ragora (the seed shooter things) only drop Wind Orbs and Murussu (armored guys) only drop Holy Orbs when they drop silver (3*) so it may well be that it's by mob type.

Which means, yeah, Aerith event for Non-Elementals lol

edit: I think we need to start a gdocs spreadsheet detailing mob drops that goes more in-depth than the official site. Some drops from the same enemy even differ based on which stage in the painting and all this information is useful for conserving stamina while farming.

The subreddit's been working on one already: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FFvZtnPIjlqqid0bu6To/edit?pli=1#gid=111304465

Vorpal

Tidus is my strongest char in the Japanese version, heh. I just hit the level cap with him (65) and I've got a 6 star weapon for him that lets him do Spiral Cut against all enemies, heh.

Coooooool. Does the Tidus sprite actually do all of the flips and stuff for Spiral Cut?

reKon

Banned
It's kind of stupid how powerful synergy weapons are in this game.

I mean it's like, "awesome I got this great 5 star weaponry that's very strong... too bad I'm never going to use it" because I have a 4 star fully upgraded that will do more damage.

Or maybe I'm just way off on this though? What's the damage multiplier from synergy?

Falk

that puzzling face
Or maybe I'm just way off on this though? What's the damage multiplier from synergy?

Items lv1-4 get a bonus 15 levels from synergy. Level 5-9 gets 20 levels bonus, Level 10-14 gets 30 levels bonus, etc etc.

Generally a 1*++ (combined twice fully upgraded) RS is "on par" with a 4* fully upgraded non-RS.

It's a good mechanic to have and adds a whole layer of inventory management. Game would be far blander without.

(Of course, a 5* WITH RS is going to completely melt stuff)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Any idea when the new content will hit? I am saving stamina for it.

Stamina takes 3 minutes a point to replenish, so even if you have all the stamina you can possibly have, your bar would refill in 2.5 hours. They haven't given an exact date or time for the new content, but it doesn't make sense to save stamina.

Falk

that puzzling face
He probably meant "I am going to save stamina for it hence from 2.5 hours from when it hits, if we know when that is"

So should I be farming hard reno? Does he drop anything worth while? Or is the 11 stamina needed to redo his mission not worth whatever he may drop?

Negator

Reno only drops Magicite. The only reason why you should be farming Reno is to grind Magicite to purchase the **** orbs. I bought all the Earth orbs and will go after the Non-Elemental, Wind, and Summon orbs next.

Shahed

So should I be farming hard reno? Does he drop anything worth while? Or is the 11 stamina needed to redo his mission not worth whatever he may drop?
Just magicite To buy stuff. If you can clear Hard relatively easily, it's the most Stamina efficient way to get magicite to but stuff with. Depends if you can be bothered though. I'd recommend the 3* Non Elementals and the 3*/4* Summon Orbs if you have it in you. And then a random Orbs here and there if you're close to creating/honing something.

Reno only drops Magicite. The only reason why you should be farming Reno is to grind Magicite to purchase the **** orbs. I bought all the Earth orbs and will go after the Non-Elemental, Wind, and Summon orbs next.

Thanks

Finally grinded all the summon orbs out of the event and can make Shiva ^o^

Guess I'll tackle the FF4 elite events should be fairly easy I have blizzard strike, 3 double cuts, blizzara, and shiva should make quick work of most of the bosses.

Shahed

Thanks

Finally grinded all the summon orbs out of the event and can make Shiva ^o^

Guess I'll tackle the FF4 elite events should be fairly easy I have blizzard strike, 3 double cuts, blizzara, and shiva should make quick work of most of the bosses.
I had the exact same thing and it was pretty easy after a couple test runs to get a rough idea of the HP Baigan and his arms have. Just make sure to take a Thunder Strike or Thundara for the boss afterwards. The Thundara can be on your healer, it's not there to take a lot out but to interrupt.

elty

Did 4 single pull (kind of want guard stick, but want to save my 50 mythril for Terra). Got a 5* robe, a 4* robe and 2 3* staff. All caster stuff but I would rather get weapon. I guess I should be graceful that I get 2 x 5* and 2 x 4* from just 8 free pulls.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have the orbs to make syldra, is it worth it? Or is there another big summon coming soon that's better?

By the time that happens you'll also probably have more summon orbs for it.

Ranks beyond 1/5 on the other hand are probably on a level of insanity not worth considering one month into the game's lifespan.

Syldra completely obliterates the FFVI elites.

Roto13

By the time that happens you'll also probably have more summon orbs for it.

Ranks beyond 1/5 on the other hand are probably on a level of insanity not worth considering one month into the game's lifespan.

Syldra completely obliterates the FFVI elites.

It's not too hard to get enough orbs for Syldra from the current event.

The rating system seems so weird. For some reason I was having trouble getting champion for today's daily event. I've cleared all the other content in the game, including elites (but not mastered each). But for some reason I just couldn't get champion for this daily on hard, and I've basically autobattled for champion on every other daily on hard.

But then after like 2 attempts, the third I just autobattled and got champion even with a KO and expert on two of the stages. And then again I just autobattled 2 rounds and played the third, I had 2 KOs and still got champion. Just odd that after trying I couldn't get it, but after not trying I got it easily.

Vorpal

The rating system seems so weird. For some reason I was having trouble getting champion for today's daily event. I've cleared all the other content in the game, including elites (but not mastered each). But for some reason I just couldn't get champion for this daily on hard, and I've basically autobattled for champion on every other daily on hard.

But then after like 2 attempts, the third I just autobattled and got champion even with a KO and expert on two of the stages. And then again I just autobattled 2 rounds and played the third, I had 2 KOs and still got champion. Just odd that after trying I couldn't get it, but after not trying I got it easily.

Whatever works! This daily also just seems like the least predictable. I can auto through flawlessly one time, but the next time I'll lose three people to unlucky Seed Cannons or two Vouivres that both use Breath right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom