• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final elite defeated! The final FFV elite is indeed the hardest by far and obviously not nerfed like the others. Still 2 I haven't mastered. That FF5 one and the final FF4 one.

I think I'll wait out retrying the ff5 one till it's either nerfed as well or until the new spells come out.

Shahed

I forgot how annoying the FFVI daily was. Too many single enemy rounds so you barely get any loot

Is anyone having trouble with today's daily? I start it up and it crashes every time

Mine's crashed there, but no more often than usual. The App itelf is crash heaven and so badly built

No crashes for me in the daily it in general... At all. The only issues I have ever had were the slow downs that were fixed by forcing hardware mode.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, I even feel like the ratio of 3* vs 2* Adamantite is higher compared to Scarletite.

So you have a bunch of 2* Scarletite eating space in your inventory.

duckroll

I wouldn't worry too much about Aerith yet. One Mastery run on normal should be enough. Just go through the main story quests and you'll get naturally stronger in levels, gain Mythril for geear on Relic pulls, orbs for better abilities (especially in FFVI world) and more Stamina in general. All of that doesn't take that long and then you'll be a lot better prepared for the Aerith event. In fact by then it should be pretty easy. On Normal anyway. You'll likely struggle with Hard no matter what because there's too many things you'll need to get better at it from money to materials and other gear you'd need to farm from various dungeons and Daily's. I'm assuming you missed Tifa and Sephiroth as well?

Hmmmmmm. I'm going through the FFVI realm now and noticing a lot more 2 star orb drops. Still don't really know what to make of the ability system. The interface for the game is so sluggish and badly designed that it hurts me every time I have to go into the menus to customize or enhance anything. >_<

Yeah, I missed all the event characters prior to Aerith, hopefully they re-release the events sometime down the line. Not too worried though, since I don't even really know what I'm doing in the game.

I don't really feel like I'm "playing" the game most of the time. I just get into a dungeon, turn auto battle on while doing other things, and it works pretty well. Turn auto battle off just before a boss, start spamming all abilities and limit breaks. Maybe heal if I have to. It's honestly pretty boring. The music and sprites are great, but when does the actual "game" start? In the elite dungeons?

Shahadan

I don't really feel like I'm "playing" the game most of the time. I just get into a dungeon, turn auto battle on while doing other things, and it works pretty well. Turn auto battle off just before a boss, start spamming all abilities and limit breaks. Maybe heal if I have to. It's honestly pretty boring. The music and sprites are great, but when does the actual "game" start? In the elite dungeons?

Nope, still the same in elite. Fodder ennemies, save for a few exceptions, and then the boss has a lot of hp and hits harder. Possibly kills you if you're unprepared. Some are ressembling an actual challenge.
It was worse before the nerf though, elite bosses had an absurd amount of hp.

duckroll

Nope, still the same in elite. Fodder ennemies, save for a few exceptions, and then the boss has a lot of hp and hits harder. Possibly kills you if you're unprepared.
IT was worth before the nerf though, elite bosses had an absurd amount of hp.

Man.... not sure if I can stick with this for the long haul in that case. The lack of player agency just makes it a total buzz kill.

Shahadan

Man.... not sure if I can stick with this for the long haul in that case. The lack of player agency just makes it a total buzz kill.

Well your job is mainly to manage your team and equip them with the right stuff, using synergy and shit. I agree though that it's a total hassle since the interface is annoying as hell.
I kinda like the fact that it's quick and that I can auto battle, especially if I'm there to get some orbs, but I can understand the sentiment.

Still, you'll have more trouble and more decisions to make as you progress, unless you're overleveled for a dungeon. Normal dungeons are mostly faceroll.

I haven't played the hardest elites yet, and I'd be interested to see how it goes when dungeons are tuned for max level.

Shahed

Man, I even feel like the ratio of 3* vs 2* Adamantite is higher compared to Scarletite.

So you have a bunch of 2* Scarletite eating space in your inventory.

That's just random pot luck. First 2 runs I did I got 9 2*'s. I was pretty annoyed. Then thr one after I had 5 3*'s drop. Thankfully the completion reward on this one is 3* compared the the Adamantite day.

Hmmmmmm. I'm going through the FFVI realm now and noticing a lot more 2 star orb drops. Still don't really know what to make of the ability system. The interface for the game is so sluggish and badly designed that it hurts me every time I have to go into the menus to customize or enhance anything. >_<

Yeah, I missed all the event characters prior to Aerith, hopefully they re-release the events sometime down the line. Not too worried though, since I don't even really know what I'm doing in the game.

The interface is god awful. So sluggish and prone to crashing. I wouldn't worry about the characters too much. Yes they would have made things easier, but there'll be opportunities to get them later down the line.

And I agree with the lack of doing things. I think I'm starting to get to the point personally where just waiting around for Stamina to refill or trying to be efficient with it as possible all day is getting on my nerves. I'll be playing or doing something else and then stop and feel I need to use some stamina up so as to not waste it. Kind of like why I gave up of FFXIV since it took up too much of my day. Thankfully unlocking.Some mkre characters and story expansions are coming soon so I'll finish those off at least.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's just random pot luck. First 2 runs I did I got 9 2*'s. I was pretty annoyed. Then thr one after I had 5 3*'s drop. Thankfully the completion reward on this one is 3* compared the the Adamantite day.

I just did a run and got 9 2*s from 9 mobs. (and the completion reward)

I hate you lol.

The worst part is every time a brown chest drops you psyche yourself into thinking "hey maybe it's a weapon drop!"

edit:

And I just got a Partisan (XII)

:|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Shahed

I just did a run and got 9 2*s from 9 mobs. (and the completion reward)

I hate you lol.

The worst part is every time a brown chest drops you psyche yourself into thinking "hey maybe it's a weapon drop!"
Well that's 5 3* drops in about 120+ Stamina spent. Got all of them in one run and nothing elsewhere. 2* materials arent really useful anymore now that I'm trying to uograde stuff to 15/15 or 20/20

I hate that they give me Partisan's. If you're gonna give me a weapon, give me Mythril Knife since not only is that among the best weapon people will have for tomorrow's Daily, and can also be used by pretty much everyone.

EGM92

Question about XP distribution:

So this past Sunday, I got Sephiroth, Cloud, and Tiduz all to 50. I want to level Tifa and Aerith, if I bring the 3 maxed leveled characters into a fight will they get a cut of the XP or will it be distributed between Tifa and Aerith?

I've got a level 50: Kain, Sephiroth and Rydia now.

Currently farming the normal even for XP with a team consisting of Aerith and Paladin Cecil only. Man, the XP goes fast.

After I get Aerith to mid-40s and get Ramuh I'm going back to tackle the Elites that still give me some trouble (3, I think). And get ready for the next event.

Still enjoying it even if a lot of the time consists of auto-battle farming.

Shahadan

Question about XP distribution:

So this past Sunday, I got Sephiroth, Cloud, and Tiduz all to 50. I want to level Tifa and Aerith, if I bring the 3 maxed leveled characters into a fight will they get a cut of the XP or will it be distributed between Tifa and Aerith?

They will eat XP anyway.

Damnit, thanks. I guess I'll have to slowly level them through regular battles and hope for the best on Sunday to level them up on hard.

Take them out of the team and duo some stuff, I'm breezing through the normal even with Aerith equipped with a staff. Or take two of them out if you can't kill things yet as a duo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yep, that's right although it will still be weaker than a native 4* weapon.

* Unless the weapon has gear synergy with the level you're playing

How can you check what's better between a rare 4-5 star item without synergy vs a maxed out level 1++ with synergy? Someone said there was a way to check in game but I can't figure it out

How can you check what's better between a rare 4-5 star item without synergy vs a maxed out level 1++ with synergy? Someone said there was a way to check in game but I can't figure it out

There has got to be a better way than equipping, entering then doorway, long pressing the character, writing the stats down then retreating and doing the same with a different equip, right?

Shahed

Enter the world you want to test it. Then go to your inventory and examine the the two items. I'd say if you have a native 4* at 15/15 it's probably gonna be similar or better compared to the maxed 1*++ synergy gear based on raw stats

There has got to be a better way than equipping, entering then doorway, long pressing the character, writing the stats down then retreating and doing the same with a different equip, right?

You don't need to equip the item. If say you're in the FFIV world, any FFIV item you examine in your inventory will show their synergy stats equipped or not. Still a pain though.

Enter the world you want to test it. Then go to your inventory and examine the the two items. I'd say if you have a native 4* at 15/15 it's probably gonna be similar or better compared to the maxed 1*++ synergy gear based on raw stats

You don't need to equip the item. If say you're in the FFIV world, any FFIV item you examine in your inventory will show their synergy stats equipped or not. Still a pain though.

An, the inventory page, I always forget that exists.

Deadly

Yeah it's strange for the daily today, it tries to load the level but then it crashes. I've tried all the difficulties too and it does the same thing. Also restarted my phone too. First time I get such crashes. Strange :( Guess I won't be getting any weapon upgrades this week.

Yeah it's strange for the daily today, it tries to load the level but then it crashes. I've tried all the difficulties too and it does the same thing. Also restarted my phone too. First time I get such crashes. Strange :( Guess I won't be getting any weapon upgrades this week.

Question, are you using the developer mode technique? (Where you force hardware rendering)

Shahed

I am using the developer mode thing and it makes no difference.

Today's drop rates are really annoying me now. Never getting 3* mats and they keep giving me useless Partisan's. I've essentiallly was most of the day in which I could have cleared a couple of the FFVI elites

Road

As others said, all the thinking of this game happens before the battles, but it doesn't become necessary until elite bosses (although, in the harder FFVI elite dungeons you need to pay attention even during the mundane mobs).

The problems are: 1) the interface is terrible, so the whole setting up your team thing becomes an unnecessary pain in the ass; 2) sometimes it doesn't matter how prepared you are if RNGod is not your side.

On 2), I just had to restart the Vargas fight 5 times because Aeris kept getting killed before she could even cast the first cura on herself. The first try they finally decided to attack someone else, I finished it without a single character dying. You can argue that I was not adequately prepared by betting in only one healer, but, well, if I had two they'd probably both die before doing any action haha.

But I didn't get mastery, which means I'll have to try this again... Fuck me. The problem is not even the boss, but going through all the stages and being forced to use cura. If Aeris hadn't leveled up halfway through, I wouldn't have managed.

On the content update, I think they'll only happen next week. In the Japanese version, this update added a bunch of abilities, including counter-attack, firaga, thundaga, blizzaga, curaja, so I foresee a lot of orb farming in the future...

As for crashes, I've had none today, but the connection is failing a few times, which doesn't really happen normally.

And random, is there any reason why our Tidus is nerfed? He has 109 attack at level 50 in the Japanese version, against only 94 here. In fact, Paladin Cecil, Kain and Tifa are nerfed as well. Is just another attempt of making the game harder for us or did they get buffed in the Japanese version later?

And a tip: Don't grind-level up your main party all the way to level 50. Leave them at level 48. These two levels won't make any difference for elite dungeons and you won't waste xp when doing them.

I disagree, there can be strategy once a battle begins, it's just less common. The final ffv elite I had to restart because my original decisions (power down the female boss first). The second time I auto attacked her till her husband appeared... Then I did because I didn't ration out my power breaks and Aerith's special so I got over powered.

Attempt 3 was bad rnged, but finally attempt 4 decent rng + well planned use of abilities won the day.

Managed to beat elite vargas, but it was really difficult. His Gale Cut one shots Rydia at full hp so i had to restart 4 or 5 times until she could at least get off 2 Firas before dying.

Ended up killing him with only Tidus left standing and his doom counter at 7, lol. I only got novice but since i got champion on every other level i still ended up with the mastery, thank god

Negator

Someone set their phone clock ahead and found the new FF6 dungeon, so I would expect to see the update in around 5.5 hours.

Shahed

Stamina is really annoying me during Elites now. Takes far too long to get anywhere. If I could pay £40 and never have to worry about Stamina again, i'd do it in a heartbeat

Someone set their phone clock ahead and found the new FF6 dungeon, so I would expect to see the update in around 5.5 hours.

I usually don't believe stuff unless i see it myself, but i can confirm, this is from my own phone

LQf9bbUl.jpg

What happens when you set your time back to the real time? i assume this trick replenishes your stamina as well,correct?

If you don't force close the app after changing the time, then when you come back it will be replenished. If you do force close the app, then when you come back it will be where it should be. Seems to me like the server keeps track of the following:

1) The most recent server time at which your stamina dropped below max.
2) The current server time
3) The amount of stamina spent since #1

Using this, your current stamina is MaxStamina - #3 + (#2 - #1) x (1 stamina / 3 minutes)

All this is computed in server time, so will never be affected by your clock. But for the sake of not querying the server all the time, there's another piece of data

4) The current device time

And the number it shows for the UI is MaxStamina - #3 + (#4 - #1) x (1 stamina / 3 minutes)

That's why if you change clock without closing the app it looks refreshed, but if you actually go try to spend it, my guess is you will get an error from the server

Shahed

I just sell all my XII weapons and armour Heck I've used some of the 3* stuff I've gotten from Relic pulls as upgrading materials. Waste of time unless it's 4* or higher. Realm Synergy is far too important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom