• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
This game is wayyyy too dependent on synergy IMO. When you get an awesome weapon you're supposed to feel joy. In this game when I received one instead I think, "shit, I might not even use this that much because I have ____ weapon for the ____ dungeon". I don't want to constantly be thinking about which weapon is better every single time I get a rare weapon or each time a daily switches. The planning is interesting to some degree, but not when the strength/denfense of your entire team primarily depends on it.

It doesn't help when the game has a shitty interface either where you're spending so much time switching your entire set of gear just to play in dungeon vs the other.

ratatapa

Neo Member
I usually don't believe stuff unless i see it myself, but i can confirm, this is from my own phone

LQf9bbUl.jpg

I'm not sure i beileve you

I tried to change my Ipad to 9 and 10PM EST and it didn't unlock for me

jwhit28

The Aerith shop UI and the UI in general is such a chore. I have like 8000 Magicite to turn in and it has to be on one item at a time. Figuring out whether it's worth it or not to go with synergy or just your strongest overall equipment involves entering the dungeon to see synergy bonuses and then retreating back out. Also I'm so overly prepared for FFXII, I expect every event from the game to be auto battle. I can run a team of mages and have an individual FFXII staff or rod for each.

It's fun to be in on these games from the beginning though.

I'm not sure i beileve you

I tried to change my Ipad to 9 and 10PM EST and it didn't unlock for me

Shutdown the app and restart it. I'm not sure why you think I would go to great effort to photoshop something that would easily be proven false by just waiting a few hours.

The Aerith shop UI and the UI in general is such a chore. I have like 8000 Magicite to turn in and it has to be on one item at a time. Figuring out whether it's worth it or not to go with synergy or just your strongest overall equipment involves entering the dungeon to see synergy bonuses and then retreating back out. Also I'm so overly prepared for FFXII, I expect every event from the game to be auto battle. I can run a team of mages and have an individual FFXII staff or rod for each.

Yeah, I tweeted at Square Enix USA and DeNA about how awful the UI is for this part. I mean the UI for this game is dog shit to begin with (the scrolling on equipment menus is so baaaaaad) but this part is even worse. I honestly don't understand how it made it through testing. Like even know what I know about programming and how this game is making constant server checks, I still can't think of a logical reason for it to be so fucking bad.

Also I wish there was another FFVII weapon that I could get besides Leather Glove. I leveled one of those up today and Tifa went from like 600 damage to 1000 damage. Record Synergy too good.

ratatapa

Neo Member
Shutdown the app and restart it. I'm not sure why you think I would go to great effort to photoshop something that would easily be proven false by just waiting a few hours.

It's the internet

All i'm saying is that I changed my time to 9PM EST then 10 AM EST, then shutdown the app

no FFI or II appeared and inside FFVI if i scroll down, no new event

Shadow780

It's a chore doing upgrades as well since materials are all the way down at the bottom.

It's the internet

All i'm saying is that I changed my time to 9PM EST then 10 AM EST, then shutdown the app

no FFI or II appeared and inside FFVI if i scroll down, no new event

You're saying you don't believe me, that implies I'm lying. Check FFVI Classic dungeon list

Not sure what to say if it still doesn't show up for you, can just wait until 6pm pacific I suppose

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
that feeling when you drop and shatter your phone's screen and your first thought is "if I wait three days for the replacement parts, how will I keep playing Record Keeper?" and then your second thought is "*phew* I can transfer my save to my tablet"

jwhit28

that feeling when you drop and shatter your phone's screen and your first thought is "if I wait three days for the replacement parts, how will I keep playing Record Keeper?" and then your second thought is "*phew* I can transfer my save to my tablet"

Ouch, what sort of phone was it?

chrono01

Sorry to hear that. :(

Only elites left are Baron Castle, FFV, and FFVI. Might as well wait to tackle the FFVI daily till Cyan is out because between him and my 5 star falchion ++ those elites should be fairly easy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, just realized I'm also sitting on 45 Mythril. Gonna have an 11 pull on whatever relic bonus they put up I guess.

Road

Finished the the last elite right on time for the update. Tunnel Armor is so easy I forgot to put my attacking character on the front row and I still got champion...

The only hard elites have been FFV Magissa & Forza due to their doubled hp in the western version and FFVI Vargas due to the highest amount of battles before the boss and the strong attack that hits all.

If you don't force close the app after changing the time, then when you come back it will be replenished.

That's why if you change clock without closing the app it looks refreshed, but if you actually go try to spend it, my guess is you will get an error from the server

Yep, I tried it and got an error. Then I corrected my clock and went to the app and it said my next stamina was coming in 5 hours...

Restarted the app and went back to normal, but I was scared for a second.

I disagree, there can be strategy once a battle begins, it's just less common. The final ffv elite I had to restart because my original decisions (power down the female boss first). The second time I auto attacked her till her husband appeared... Then I did because I didn't ration out my power breaks and Aerith's special so I got over powered.

Attempt 3 was bad rnged, but finally attempt 4 decent rng + well planned use of abilities won the day.

Well, obviously I didn't mean to say you can set up your party and just auto-battle elite bosses, but the way you're going to act in that fight has been planned before it even begun -- the order of attacks, buffs, debuffs, enemies etc. So much so when the script goes wrong we're forced to force close the app... =P

Shahed

Did another 2 FFVI Elites and hit 48 Stamina. Just the last 3 there and the last one on FFV to go. I wanted to finish them all by the update but oh well. Time to put Elites on hold again till I complete the next story and get my stamina up

Falk

that puzzling face
No biggie I guess - if it doesn't show up 5 past the hour I'll just blow 20 stam on two rounds on the daily or something.

New content is out tonight? God damn, I just finished the elites last night... I thought I'd have more time to relax and recoup... just do some xp grinding on some of my weaker characters...

*sighs* Once more into the breach!

(edit) I just blew all my stamina before I saw this method to unlock the new wing so I have no problem waiting it out at this point.

I'm having horrible luck getting any weapons to drop in today's daily. Ran it at least 5 times so far and have only gotten one Mythril Knife. :/

Deadly

Having Reno constantly cast his pyramid is so goddamn annoying. You think he'd attack at least once giving you a chance to break them but nope. 2nd time I'm missing out on 1400 magicite cause of this :(

Having Reno constantly cast his pyramid is so goddamn annoying. You think he'd attack at least once giving you a chance to break them but nope. 2nd time I'm missing out on 1400 magicite cause of this :(

Just force close the app and reopen it that'll reset the battle, sometimes you have to against Reno if he gets pyramid happy

Road

I think these were the Japanese new dungeons with this update (no guarantee it'll be the same for us);
FFVI
Phantom Train (Difficulty 16)
Esper Valley (Difficulty 16)
Zozo Town (Difficulty 17)
Opera House (Difficulty 18)
Magitek Factory (Difficulty 18)
Imperial Capital Vector (Difficulty 19)
Thamasa Town (Difficulty 20)
Esper Cave (Difficulty 21)
Airship (Difficulty 21)
Floating Continent (Difficulty 23)
Floating Continent (Escape) (Difficulty 23)

FFI
Chaos Shrine (Difficulty 15)
Western Keep (Difficulty 16)

FFII
Semitt Cave (Difficulty 17)
Snow Cave (Difficulty 17)
Snow Cave (Return) (Difficulty 18)

FFIV
Lodestone Cavern (Difficulty 23)
Tower of Zot (Difficulty 24)
Tower of Zot (Upper Floors) (Difficulty 26)
Dwarven Castle (Difficulty 26)
Tower of Babil (Underground) (Difficulty 25)
Cave of Eblan (Difficulty 27)
Tower of Babil (Aboveground) (Difficulty 27)
Feymarch (Difficulty 29)

FFVI
Solitary Island (Difficulty 28)
Mobliz Village (Difficulty 29)
Figaro Castle 2 (Difficulty 30)
Darill's Tomb (Difficulty 32)
Those elites will keep me busy for two months...

Noi

I know VI is the holy sacred pre-modern Final Fantasy, but I'm jumping into I and II first, just to eat up some 8-bit music.

You don't really have a choice in the matter. If it's like the JPN version, you need to beat the FF6 dungeons before the ones from 1 and 2 are unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom