• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

My main team is now Cloud, Sephiroth, Dark Knight Cecil, Kain, and Cyan. I'm pretty happy with that.

Swap out Cyan for Aerith, when I need her.

Falk

that puzzling face
psa if you didn't know yet that the elites for the new ffvi stuff are piss-easy. I'm talking like "add 5 levels to Classic mode" easy.

Meaning there are a lot of different options for maximizing stamina shard usage depending how much stamina you have left (You always want to gain +max stamina as close to 0 as possible)

Road

Boss target scores since official wiki isn't updated yet:

FFVI
Phanton Train: fire and lightning
Kefka: don't get ko'd
Dadaluma: poison element (not status)
Ultros: fire
Ifrit: ice / Shiva: fire
Top crane: lightning / Bottom crane: water
Flame eater: ice
Ultros: fire and lightning
Ultros: fire / Typhon: ice / Airforce: defeat before wave cannon
Ultima weapon: don't get ko'd
Nelapa: don't get ko'd
Black dragon: fire

Will update...
Meaning there are a lot of different options for maximizing stamina shard usage depending how much stamina you have left (You always want to gain +max stamina as close to 0 as possible)

Yep. Spending my stamina on whatever if completing a classic dungeon means level up.

And they keep throwing XII equipment on us. Whyyyyyyyy

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
5* abilities? I assume that it's currently not possible to get 5* orbs, right? What trolls.

reKon

Banned
they're going to significantly lower the XII drop rates for a week while we're continuously selling XII equip and then announce that the XII world is coming a couple of days. That's when I'm going to quit this game forever

5* abilities? I assume that it's currently not possible to get 5* orbs, right? What trolls.

Gonna take a wild guess that the hardest elites will have bosses that drop them

Also I'm rolling with team core classes (warrior, bm, wm, bard, and ranger) through these lower difficulty battles. Man why is bard so bad the game even throws a 3 star weapon at him for free and he's useless.

Fauve

Wow, retaliate is really good. I set it on Cloud since he's my heaviest hitter and Cloud gets all the turns basically. You can even turn your healer into an attacker. And if you use double cut on the person with retaliate, the counter attack is two full power slashes.

Otheradam

I got Aerith's Healing stick weapon from a rare relic draw today. How rare are these things? I've been playing for the past week and this is the only 5 star thing I've had dropped so far.

mstevens

I hate to stop grinding the Aeris event, since I don't have everything I want from there yet, but I'm going to cruise through some of these new dungeons to raise my stamina.

chrono01

I hate to stop grinding the Aeris event, since I don't have everything I want from there yet, but I'm going to cruise through some of these new dungeons to raise my stamina.
Same exact situation here.

The way I figure it, the more stamina I have, the less is wasted when I sleep/am doing other things. This means, after I finish raising it some, I'll have more to spend on the Aeris event.

Finished all the ff6 Classic dungeons and got cyan up to 21 along the way. A few of the elites give 4* upgrade materials too which is very sweet.

Going to take a break then start working on ff6 elites.

With all this mythril i think I'll just wait for an 11 pull, should be easy to get to

Some of the new abilities are really nice. I was able to create Blizzaga and Firaga right away, so that was pretty nice. Not looking forward to honing all this new stuff :-/

Is the light offensive spell any good? Was thinking of getting that just for whenever I want to use core classes for reasons to give wm some offense

Falk

that puzzling face
I never thought I'd say this for non-XII loot but

pls give me less boomerangs and leather gloves

help

edit: What in the world is this mechanic in FFI world where I'm randomly doing 4x damage?

Melee does either 600 or 2.4k, Aerith sometimes hits for 700 instead of 180

Ashodin

Man, the FFVI music is so good and cannot wait to unlock Zozo.

FUCKIN FF6 MUSIC YEAHHHHH

help

edit: What in the world is this mechanic in FFI world where I'm randomly doing 4x damage?

Melee does either 600 or 2.4k, Aerith sometimes hits for 700 instead of 180

old school FF mechanic that sometimes randomized the hits your character did.

It is nice that you can enter a dungeon, scout the stamina you'll need, then bail without actually using anything. Will make the next few days a case of "I need x stamina for dungeon, so I'll do y number of hard dailies then blast the classic dungeon for the free stamina refill"

Also what is the point of Knight AND Warrior? Aren't they like the same class/equipment/skill base?

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
The only 4 star ability currently worth creating is curaja? And even than only 2 can use this.

There's death, but the 3 star gravity will probably work better and will hit 100% of the times, since if a boss is vulnerable to death / K.O., it's also vulnerable to gravity.

The new 3 star abilities overall seem much better.

Also here's a helpful link of notable and still unreleased 4 star abilities:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee..._what_orbs_are_needed_for_upcoming_abilities/

To prepare for them, will use this guide to plan what 4 star orbs to purchase with magicites.

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
It is nice that you can enter a dungeon, scout the stamina you'll need, then bail without actually using anything. Will make the next few days a case of "I need x stamina for dungeon, so I'll do y number of hard dailies then blast the classic dungeon for the free stamina refill"

Also what is the point of Knight AND Warrior? Aren't they like the same class/equipment/skill base?

Certain abilities only the knight can use such as Guard.

Vorpal

For what it's worth, I just got a Greater Dark Orb from Ghost Train elite. Burnt my stamina reserves farming it since I knew I'd get a refill afterward. No other drops showed up.

help

Leather Glove is the new Partisan. Also Partisan is still the new Partisan.

jwhit28

I've been using the extra stamina before the getting the shards to run the daily. Now I'm out of inventory room, gil to upgrade, and gil to combine. It feels like such a waste to sell upgrade material, but I'm not sure where else I want to grind.

Any reliable places to get FF1 stuff?

Rojo

Boss target scores since official wiki isn't updated yet:

FFVI
Phanton Train: fire and lightning
Kefka: don't get ko'd
Dadaluma: poison element (not status)
Ultros: fire
Ifrit: ice / Shiva: fire
Top crane: lightning / Bottom crane: water
Flame eater: ice
Ultros: fire and lightning
Ultros: fire / Typhon: ice / Airforce: defeat before wave cannon
Ultima weapon: don't get ko'd
Nelapa: don't get ko'd
Black dragon: fire

Will update...

Yep. Spending my stamina on whatever if completing a classic dungeon means level up.

And they keep throwing XII equipment on us. Whyyyyyyyy
Thanks for this awesome job. Also Floating continent 2 boss drops orgekiller 2* axe

Not sure if it's just me but I don't seem to be getting any regular orbs in these elite dungeons. Only lessers. Hate to complain but these elite dungeons are crap so far IMO

Vorpal

2* Flame Bow (V) from Fire Eater. Growing collection of bows makes me want to level my Ranger. Also got a 2* Kodachi (V) from Ultros round 2.

I got a 2* Maneater (VI) but I have no idea where it came from.

I've gotten two 2* Maneaters (VI) from Common Relic Draws. Don't think I've seen them anywhere otherwise.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well I got through a ton (but not all) of the free content. Got 16 mythril and about 4 more stamina points (I have 51 now, total).

Did three relic draws, got 2x 3* Gold Helms, and a 5* Genji Armor. Excellent pull, basically a 4* and 5* item.

I'm loving the new content and levels, as well as the new party members. This update makes the game much more compelling for someone just starting out.

GAMERG0D

This next IV dungeon has two bosses. Gonna wait for someone to find out what the mastery requirements are before I tackle this.

XJF

No Synergy for Core characters in FFI. Including the character you get for completing it. What's with the shenanigans?

GAMERG0D

Just look on the JP strategy guide website using google translate.
Cool I'm gonna beat the rest of them.

Is Josef any good?
He has the second highest attack stat in the game below Sephiroth and he's above Cloud. A little frailer than Cloud but not too much. Would be excellent in II elites. Although his equipment selection is left to be desired.

I used Fira on Orthos but it one-shot him so I didn't get to fight Typhon. :(
Literally me. 9999 Firaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom