• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, Final Fantasy II's battle theme really sucks. Just like the rest of the game.
FFII is so weird, but I love everything about it. And even though FFIV is still my favorite, it's not hard to see that it borrowed heavily from FFII in terms of story structure, and had more permanent stakes.

Vorpal

FFII is so weird, but I love everything about it. And even though FFIV is still my favorite, it's not hard to see that it borrowed heavily from FFII in terms of story structure, and had more permanent stakes.

You said it better than I could. Hard not to have some love for the ugly duckling of the early FFs. I'm glad to see that goofy game here.

johnsmith

remember me
Anybody remember which FF6 stage has the best xp per stamina ratio? I remember one of them having some ridiculous xp, like 8k for 6 stamina.

You said it better than I could. Hard not to have some love for the ugly duckling of the early FFs. I'm glad to see that goofy game here.
It tried some wacky things, a few worked, a few didn't, but I am very glad they did so. Plus, I think the cast is pretty awesome and it introduced a lot of concepts that are still mainstays in the series today. (And I like its sometimes janky soundtrack.)

And how can you not love a game that lets you rain frogs from the sky?

Vorpal

It tried some wacky things, a few worked, a few didn't, but I am very glad they did so. Plus, I think the cast is pretty awesome and it introduced a lot of concepts that are still mainstays in the series today. (And I like its sometimes janky soundtrack.)

And how can you not love a game that lets you rain frogs from the sky?

For sure. A preset cast of characters, chocobos, Toad spells, and even a mostly broken no-EXP system in a friggin' turn-based RPG. Despite its problems, I'm glad FF2 was as much of a departure as it was--it probably would've been easier (and way more boring) to just do a straight up sprite swap of FF1.

Edit: Pleasantly surprised that my mid-to-late 40s party has gained a few levels while working through the normal new dungeons. Extremely boring fights, but whuddyagonnado

Edit 2: Adamantoise dropped 2* Heavy Shield (VI)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Cool, ultima dropped a chest and that thing after it did too. Might want to farm Ultima for the 2 star Coral Sword (V)

GAMERG0D

*before reading* VIII and (more) II hopefully.
Def ready for Snow though, I love that doof.

Still rocking Bard in my party, and we haven't even gotten the Bard skills yet. Weren't there supposed to be some new skills with this update BTW?
I don't know but there are a lot of new spells and abilities. My priority is getting to 100 Mythril before Squall. At 74 currently. IV dungeons might be the easiest elites due to how much equipment is available for it.

They've added new abilities in each category except Summoning.

I don't know but there are a lot of new spells and abilities. My priority is getting to 100 Mythril before Squall. At 74 currently. IV dungeons might be the easiest elites due to how much equipment is available for it.
Yeah, I just found them. I thought there would be some sort of message pop-up or that you unlocked them somehow. I'm dumb.

Thanks. :)

Dayum so much new abilities and levels. Was still content with honing and upgrading the previous stuff. Now there's tonnes more.

Think it's time I made my first in game purchase to support the game. It's been very good to me.

Kouriozan

So we get a content update per month, just like in Japan iirc.
Got 87 mythrils so far, slowly but surely reaching 100 for my Terra <3

So we get a content update per month, just like in Japan iirc.
Got 87 mythrils so far, slowly but surely reaching 100 for my Terra <3
Got over 100 Mythril now. The current rate up is tempting since I like Kain, Rydia and Aerith, but I've made it this far I think I can hold out until it's for a character I really want a Soul weapon for.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ec2tADul.jpg

GOD DAMN

According to this reddit topic, the actual 5* rate has increased with this rate up event, not just the chances of getting a particular item within the same standard 5* rate.

This makes it even more tempting to do an 11 pull... :/

Shahed

Gonna wait till I get 50 before I pull. I'm kinda scared though. I want the Aeris and Cloud weapon, but I don't want the Wakka one since I'll be forced to use him :(

Wakka is cool though. Embrace the weirdness.
It's not the weirdness. I mean I get why his character was necessary in the context of FFX. But that doesn't stop his the fact he filla the role of religious fanaticism and I absolutely despise that sort in general and that's coming from a Muslim. Note the word fanaticism since I don't have a problem with regular religious folk. But thats gonna get way off topic so I'll leave it at that

On a side note I find it hilarious how I can put Rydia and Aeris on the front row and watch them one shot trash with a Power Wrist on!

At least Wakka's 5 star would make him really good, unless Rydia's gives her a massive magic buff despite being a whip it'd be fairly useless

Shahed

I'm liking the increase in mob count for farming Orbs if necessary. I could do without the abundance of 1* gear though!

liezryou

Gonna wait till I get 50 before I pull. I'm kinda scared though. I want the Aeris and Cloud weapon, but I don't want the Wakka one since I'll be forced to use him :(

This is the only thing stopping me from dropping 30$ on this game right now. Wakka's stats are so bad >.>.

I'm liking the increase in mob count for farming Orbs if necessary. I could do without the abundance of 1* gear though!

If anyone wants Wind or ice orbs, Choas Shrine is the place to be. The wolves and spiders shit them out. Got 8 orbs in one round at the Great Hall which gave me 5 Wind and 3 Ice. Not bad for 6 Stamina.

Plus BladeBlitz is laughably awesome here. One hit kills all 4/5. Boom!

Negator

88 Mythril. I'm totally going to spend them as soon as Terra event is available. With the success people are having with the rates now, It doesn't look like a complete nightmare to get stuff.

Shahed

Josef is decent. He's got better gear selection than Tifa what with axes and Shields so he's not squishy. Shame I don't really care about many from FFI-III. I appreciated the games for what they were, but FFIV onwards is much better.

Wouldn't mind Renna though. I could do with her and Terra soon as Aeris and Rydia are in their 40's now and will need replacing soon

Kouriozan

Holy...
Look at all those stamina shards o_o
And I'm already at 96 mythrils, currently at esper cave or whatever it's called, after the burning house.

Prototype

Josef is decent. He's got better gear selection than Tifa what with axes and Shields so he's not squishy. Shame I don't really care about many from FFI-III. I appreciated the games for what they were, but FFIV onwards is much better.
So true though.

How do you inflict Humbaba in Mobliz with poison? Neither the Poison spell or Venom Attack seem to work.

Edit: I got him with Bio. Weird that the other two won't work.

I was going to put Cyan on my team because VI is my favourite.

... until I looked at the character ranking list from Japan. I'll wait for Sabin.

Shahed

I caved and spent 10 Mythril. One was yet another FFVI sword. And the other was Rydia's weapon! Maxed it out to 20/20 and I'll see how she gets on. Would have preferred Cloud or Aeris, but that'll do nicely as well. At 20/20 it has 65 ATK, 112 Mag and Shiva is the Soul Break

Edit: Ahaha in FFIV Rydia has 184 Attack from the backrow and 362 Magic. She's going to destroy anything in there when I get back to it. I was always curious how easy thr people who got the Buster Sword or Grand Glove found the FFVII event. Now I know.

duckroll

Just did the first FF1 dungeon. The balance is pretty weird. It's easier than many of the FFVI dungeons, Garland was a total pushover, but it gives so much more exp! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom