• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Just did the first FF1 dungeon. The balance is pretty weird. It's easier than many of the FFVI dungeons, Garland was a total pushover, but it gives so much more exp! o_O

A lot of the newer stuff is pretty easy. The new Elites are a joke at first compared to the ones at the end of the last content we had. Don't need no tactics and can just autobattle the boss as well. The only thing I do is make sure to hit the weakness for Mastery. All those Lesser Orb drops you're getting should definitely help you out in making the Ra spells and Double Cut

It's not the weirdness. I mean I get why his character was necessary in the context of FFX. But that doesn't stop his the fact he filla the role of religious fanaticism and I absolutely despise that sort in general and that's coming from a Muslim. Note the word fanaticism since I don't have a problem with regular religious folk. But thats gonna get way off topic so I'll leave it at that
I just meant his crazy hair and the fact he fights with a blitzball...

I like that they took the beefy archetype and had him fill a different role in the party from a battle perspective.

StMeph

What a massive content update.

I also needed way more time with yesterday's scarletite dungeon. So many weapons to upgrade/combine.

Shahed

It seems the Shiva that comes with Rydia's weapon is different to the actual Shiva from the ability. Just tested it against the same boss (Elite Zoto the one weak to Bio. Normal Shiva took 5300ish while the Soul Break Shiva hit for 9999. That's without Mental break or being weak to the element so who knows how powerful it actually is. It should help me with the (old) FFVI Elites I haven't done yet.

I just meant his crazy hair and the fact he fights with a blitzball...

I like that they took the beefy archetype and had him fill a different role in the party from a battle perspective.

Oh I get that. From a battle perspective he was useful and interesting. In fact with Attack Reels he was your hero when it came to Dark Aeons. And he was largely okay in the story at times. Just whenever anything to do with Yevon this and Albhed that came up I felt like strangling him :p

reKon

Banned
Ec2tADul.jpg

GOD DAMN

which dungeon is this from?

Meier

Is the weapon synergy bonus really only a huge deal with melee attacks? In other words, would the MND or MAG bonus ever be so great it'd make using rare 4/5* items not worth it? Aka using a lame Rod that you've combined a few times over a Light Rod or something along those lines.

Noi

According to this reddit topic, the actual 5* rate has increased with this rate up event, not just the chances of getting a particular item within the same standard 5* rate.

This makes it even more tempting to do an 11 pull... :/

I must have the absolute worst luck then. I did a x11 last night and didn't get a single one. :|

Four stars are nice, but not so much when you keep getting weapons/armor for characters that you already heave decked out. I'd like to make at least one person's soul break not be trash tier.

Is the weapon synergy bonus really only a huge deal with melee attacks? In other words, would the MND or MAG bonus ever be so great it'd make using rare 4/5* items not worth it? Aka using a lame Rod that you've combined a few times over a Light Rod or something along those lines.

My three star FF4 and 6 rods/staffs get way higher MND/MAG stats than the Light rod and staff when using them in their respective worlds. Its worth checking out what the boosted stats are, even if it means having to constantly be changing your equipment.

At least until they finally add the "optimize per world" feature that the JPN version has.

reKon

Banned
The only 5 star equipment that I've drawn out of the 13 pulls I've done is a Genji Shield...

No weapons..

I'm definitely going to be hard on Friday for all the armor I've going to be upgrading lol. I will need Saturday too to farm because I think going to need like 200k gil for this shit

Shahed

Just pulled Aerith's Guard Stick in a rare relic draw. Is she worth using, having this weapon?

She's already your best healer and now she's even better. That Soul Break is also an Aoe heal. There are certain multi enemy bosses you'll probably want to have Seal Evil for though

Yes MAG ane MND alao improve with synergy just like attack

Meier

My three star FF4 and 6 rods/staffs get way higher MND/MAG stats than the Light rod and staff when using them in their respective worlds. Its worth checking out what the boosted stats are, even if it means having to constantly be changing your equipment.

At least until they finally add the "optimize per world" feature that the JPN version has.
Thanks for the heads up. I tried it once but didn't notice the difference but I just pulled three more rods in one dungeon so I may just combine another one up.

lyrick

any update [to existing spreadsheets] on weapon & Orb Boss drops?

Cyan is loving his new Kodachi, from FFVI Esper Caves, but most everyone else still has crap.

reKon

Banned
I must have the absolute worst luck then. I did a x11 last night and didn't get a single one. :|

Four stars are nice, but not so much when you keep getting weapons/armor for characters that you already heave decked out. I'd like to make at least one person's soul break not be trash tier.

And that's exactly what I annoys the hell out of me in this game. I don't know why some of you enjoy this and see this as a gameplay enhancement. It really doesn't do much.

That optimize per world feature is greatly needed.

Noi

Thanks for the heads up. I tried it once but didn't notice the difference but I just pulled three more rods in one dungeon so I may just combine another one up.

An easy way to check is going into a dungeon, then going to the upgrade equipment screen. If you press the screen for a sec on equipment, it'll bring up the item's stats and they'll show the boosted value if its an item from the world you're currently in.

You'll need to max out the item's level for it to be worth it more often than not, but why wouldn't you do so anyway?

Shahed

I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching Rydia Auto Attacking for 2000 damage. It's hilarious. Doing more damage than P.Cecil and Kain

Meier

I got a Genji Helm, a Crystal item and I think White Robes were also from an epic pull.. the rest have been 3* things. I have not done an 11 pull attempt though, just one offs here and there. Up to 34 mythril though so maybe after I do all the new content I'll be there.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching Rydia Auto Attacking for 2000 damage. It's hilarious. Doing more damage than P.Cecil and Kain

That's awesome -- how'd you manage to get her to do this? What piece of equipment?

Interfectum

Saw a video of FF13's world and i have to say the enemy sprites looks amazing

Why can't they just go back to sprite based Final Fantasy games? It would be cheaper for them to make, hardcore gamers would buy them in droves and they are easily portable to mobile for casuals. I'd kill for another legit FF6 style game.

reKon

Banned
Why can't they just go back to sprite based Final Fantasy games? It would be cheaper for them to make, hardcore gamers would buy them in droves and they are easily portable to mobile for casuals. I'd kill for another legit FF6 style game.

Final Fantasy Dimensions?

Shahed

I got a Genji Helm, a Crystal item and I think White Robes were also from an epic pull.. the rest have been 3* things. I have not done an 11 pull attempt though, just one offs here and there. Up to 34 mythril though so maybe after I do all the new content I'll be there.

That's awesome -- how'd you manage to get her to do this? What piece of equipment?
I drew her 5* Ice Whip a few hours ago and got it to Lv 20. I'm in the FFIV world as well currently and at 20/20 it has really good synergy combined with being a narive 5* means huge stats. 364 Magic as well lol. And since it's a Whip she can do that damage from the back row.

SougoXIII

Am I a rod magnet for these mythril pull? 70% of my 33+ pull have been rod. To make it worst I really don't like mages and these are FFIII's rods, making them pointless to me.

XJF

I love the new dungeons. Last night I ended up going to bed before I ran out of Stamina to use. That was a great feeling.

Shahed

For once I'm complaining that enemies aren't attacking Aerith! I need her Soul Break to silence all 3 bosses but they just refuse to attack her. Good thing I decided to check beforehand since I wouldn't have even used her otherwise.

For once I'm complaining that enemies aren't attacking Aerith! I need her Soul Break to silence all 3 bosses but they just refuse to attack her. Good thing I decided to check beforehand since I wouldn't have even used her otherwise.

You can get mastery without it. Sadly I didn't get mastery skipping golbez's requirements... And they are a pain on my over leveled party. Time to bring out the level 1 spells.

Shahed

62 Stamina with a lot more to come. With the constant upgrades and refreshes, I feel like I have so much stamina and the need to burn half of it before the next quest

You can get mastery without it. Sadly I didn't get mastery skipping golbez's requirements... And they are a pain on my over leveled party. Time to bring out the level 1 spells.
Oh I did something like that earlier. One time Rydia hit a boss for 9999, so the next boss I made sure to put Fira on Aerith so she could hit Ultros before Typhon comes. Rydia would have one shotted him

I'll getting really tired of cloud's shit! He has zero rhythm and when everyone is celebrating victory, he's half a beat off. Every victory pushes him closer to level 50 and retirement.

End of my 6 draws, 1 5 star, it's regal gown. None of the featured items.

rhino4evr

Still no 5 star items, but I got a second "cat claw" dagger. Contemplating wether to combine the two considering everyone can use daggers. Very useful item

Some people are saying that the Rare Relic rates are different for each banner that you click on when you do the pull. What in in the hell?

Oh, I thought that was understood by the fact that they have these separate banners in the Relic Pulls section. One of the reasons I considered the 3000 gem cost 11x pull was because there are currently four featured items instead of the normal one, which ever-so-slightly increases my odds of pulling a 5* item.
then I saw the cost for buying 3000 gems. F that

Althane

I have done a total of... 3 elite dungeons? I think?

So, yeah, I'm going to roll through the new content, and then try the elite dungeons again. Problem is, I play at work for the most part, where the specific paying attention to fights works less than the puzzles a la Puzzle and Dragons and auto-battle a la Brave Frontier works less well.

So, eh. Farm at work, run bosses on the weekend?

kiyoaki

I'm getting all nostalgic again listening to the FF1 music. The game has too much padding and thus is pretty braindead most of the time (i.e., the "sweet zone" between far-too-easy and impossible dungeons is too thin), but it certainly delivers on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom