• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice even 50 stamina now. Taking 2.5 hrs to refill. Still not done a tonne of new dungeons today, although I've been biding my time doing a new dungeon or 2 so I can refill my stamina and then heading back to the daily for Black and Power Orbs, which has kept me really busy and seemingly an efficient use of Stamina vs content/rewards.

Shahed

A nice even 50 stamina now. Taking 2.5 hrs to refill. Still not done a tonne of new dungeons today, although I've been biding my time doing a new dungeon or 2 so I can refill my stamina and then heading back to the daily for Black and Power Orbs, which has kept me really busy and seemingly an efficient use of Stamina vs content/rewards.
They're either gonna need to have 3* Orbs drop off mobs at the end of FFVI, or gonna have to add a 4th tier to the Daily's. At this point 2* Orbs aren't really relevant for those who've played for a while and 3*s drop to scarcely for the Daily to be worth it. I've just been getting Gil since I always seem to run out on either upgrade day and I don't feel like I'm missing out on Orbs. I'll probably just clear Elites on normal Orb days

So i beat all the classic dungeons. Not sure if this has been posted yet

YYewgSll.jpg

Shahed

We don't have any VIII and XIII gear right? As for III I think I only have Sonic Knuckle from the Tifa/Sephiroth event a couple of Leather Armours and a few White Vests. Is that all?

Shahed

Seems like the max stamina after you clear every classic and every elite dungeon of this new set will be 79.
64 Stamina now so I've got a ways to go. 79's a good number I think I'll clear all the pre FFIV Elites first before I bother with farming Orbs. The extra Stamina will be really useful. I've already done like 5 of the new Elites because I didn't want to level up my Stamina when I was already full.

64 Stamina now so I've got a ways to go. 79's a good number I think I'll clear all the pre FFIV Elites first before I bother with farming Orbs. The extra Stamina will be really useful. I've already done like 5 of the new Elites because I didn't want to level up my Stamina when I was already full.

All of that stamina will mean I won't feel as bad about sleeping through the night, or feel like I have to sneak looks at my phone in the middle of work (I can wait til my actual break).

Shahed

While the max damage you can do is 9999, that doesn't hold true for healing. Wasn't paying attention and used Shiva on Rubicante while he was defending and he healed for 20367.

All of that stamina will mean I won't feel as bad about sleeping through the night, or feel like I have to sneak looks at my phone in the middle of work (I can wait til my actual break).

Yeah I've done so much auto battling on the side while at work just so I don't waste Stamina. 79 will be about 4 hours to recharge so at least I won't miss much compared to last week when I was still in my late 30's!

Kouriozan

By the way, the last elite dungeon I tried to see if 3* orbs dropped (it was a non-elemental one from a malboro) cost 15 stamina per battle.
I need to go back and start progressing in elites in serious mode.

Finally hit a spot where my stamina needs to recover... So now I wait. That's hard after a few hours of literally not even having to worry about it.

I've been so busy auto battling through regulars I haven't even looked at what new abilities are out. I figure I'll mess around with the secondary stuff after I've cleared everything else on easy mode. Then to resume killing elites. Glad I got all of them done before this new batch came out, but I can already feel myself being a little overwhelmed by just how much content is left... I say that now, but in a week I'll be begging for more.

They really do have a good balance in that sense. I never feel like I'm falling behind, and I never (for too long) feel like there isn't enough content.

Shahed

I doubt we'll ever get adult Rydia. I mean her portait shows her adult CG render. Then again we did gat both Paladin and Dark Cexil so who knows

Reflect is a 3* spell? Was hoping it was 2*. Yeah I'm not wasting Orbs there, I'll get Mastery without it

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The optimal strategy for the new content is probably to do basic -> elite -> basic -> elite because you're less likely to hit a stamina wall and also less likely to hit the bad scenario where you get a free stamina refill that you don't need, no?

The alternative of running basic first results in you squandering the free stamina refills frequently.

TheExodu5

Banned
God damnit.

I mean, I can't complain too much because I got another 5* pull, but it's another Armor.

Out of all of my 5* pulls, I have a staff, 2x Genji Shields, 2x Genji Armors, and a Regal Gown.

The armors are just overkill now. My melee characters are not the ones who need better armor in the first place.

Interestingly, the Genji Armor is way better than the Genji Shield. 50% more defense, plus resistance to confuse. I'm not sure why the Genji Shield is so terrible by comparison.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The optimal strategy for the new content is probably to do basic -> elite -> basic -> elite because you're less likely to hit a stamina wall and also less likely to hit the bad scenario where you get a free stamina refill that you don't need, no?

The alternative of running basic first results in you squandering the free stamina refills frequently.
I just sprinkled in some daily/farm for new weapons in between the basics when stamina would be wasted.

Hige

So I finally tried an 11 pull.... three 4 stars (an axe and a hammer, yay...), a Red Jacket, and the rest was three star stuff.

I've pulled Genji Shield and Judgment Staff from single pulls before, so I think I'd rather just do one or two pulls per relic increase event and hope for the best. At least that way the disappointment doesn't hit all at once. :(

That and you have the boss weakness identified and your team geared appropriately without having to go to the reddit spread

TheExodu5

Banned
Not sure what abilities to make.

Esuna, or save for reflect? I'm sure reflect will come in handy once we face certain bosses (e.g. Asura), but Esuna will always be useful.

Any other new crucial abilities?

Not sure what abilities to make.

Esuna, or save for reflect? I'm sure reflect will come in handy once we face certain bosses (e.g. Asura), but Esuna will always be useful.

Any other new crucial abilities?

Retaliate and -ga spells IMO. I'd go with Reflect over Esuna, because if you get an annoying enough status ailment you can always save and reload.

TheExodu5

Banned
So I just fought Valvalis.

Even on Normal, she's giving me trouble. She goes into her tornado form sporadically...can't predict it. I can wait for it and it never comes, and as soon as I queue an attack she goes into it.

Then, I used Kain's Jump ability (not Soul Break) and she still counters with lightning for 1000-1600 on everyone. What?

I doubt we'll ever get adult Rydia. I mean her portait shows her adult CG render. Then again we did gat both Paladin and Dark Cexil so who knows

Reflect is a 3* spell? Was hoping it was 2*. Yeah I'm not wasting Orbs there, I'll get Mastery without it
They've already teased her sprite on the Japanese Twitter. I imagine it's just a matter of time.

lyrick

Even on Normal, she's giving me trouble. She goes into her tornado form sporadically...can't predict it. I can wait for it and it never comes, and as soon as I queue an attack she goes into it.

Then, I used Kain's Jump ability (not Soul Break) and she still counters with lightning for 1000-1600 on everyone. What?

Many of the other bosses go into their special forms based on how many times they have attacked, It may be worth your time to count the bosses attacks and see if there's a pattern.

TheExodu5

Banned
Many of the other bosses go into their special forms based on how many times they have attacked, It may be worth your time to count the bosses attacks and see if there's a pattern.

I fought her again and she transformed on the 4th attack and Jump worked. Game must have been bugged somehow the first time.

Negator

Yeah I had the exact same thing happen to me last night. Definitely going to bring Magic Break just in case.

TheExodu5

Banned
Interestingly, I was fighting a boss earlier. Can't recall...maybe the Zozo boss?

Anyways, I cast Seal Evil with Aerith, and even though it said NO EFFECT, it killed the boss.

Kouriozan

For the Valvalis fight, I reset-ed tons of time because she would counter attack at random (didn't have a Jump user so no tornado form), but ultimately found that if you keep switching between physical and magical, she don't counter and managed to kill her in 5 or 6 actions...or I was just lucky.

MicH

Holy shit this update added a ton of content! Finally managed to beat it all (on normal). Could pretty much do it in one sitting with all those stamina shards. And all those mythril! Spent them all on relics. No special weapons yet though :( Did get a 5* Judgement Staff that I equipped on Aerith though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom