• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Right before the update I ended up amassing around 20 mythril from doing Elites and such, but I didn't feel like pulling because the rates were ass. I just got to 50 and I guess it's time to go for the 11 pull...

edit: got two 5*, a Danjuro and a Regal Gown, not bad.

Shahed

And caught up with all the classics and even managed to do 8 of the new Elites along the way. so I'm sitting happily on 69 Stamima which is 21 more than I had yesterday! These new Elites have been really easy so far. Oh well tome to clear them all. I think I'm just gonna do nothing but Elites until I hit a wall. Managed to collect 450k gil by using bits of stamina here and there so as to not waste any so I'm set for armour upgrade day which I have a lot of to do

Tried the FF1, expected some difficulty but the wolves dies from staves hit (about 500 hp), lol.
Just need Terra and maybe Celes and I'll steamroll the elite ones.
I have tons of eggs for Terra.

That's what I figured I'd but I've already done 7 of the new FFVI Elites. They're really easy. I should really go and finish the last 3 Elites from earlier that I didn't have time for first but it doesn't really matter. I'm even using Tidus (32) ans Cyan (23) instead of my near 50 characters such as Cloud, Tifa and Kain

All these FFVI dungeons makes me.really want that FFVI remake now :(

reKon

Banned
Tried the FF1, expected some difficulty but the wolves dies from staves hit (about 500 hp), lol.

wow, how many dungeons? I've probably cleared two about 4-5 of the new ones yesterday (between FF I, FF II, and FF VI)

Ashodin

I have fucktons of VI gear. I will steamroll without FF synergy chars!

Tobinishi

Could someone give me a few tips on which abilities, equipment, etc. I should go for?

Here is my current set-up:

Cecil (Lv22): 4* Rune Blade+, 4* Crystal Helmet // Cura, Cure
Tidus (Lv26): 3* Dancing Dagger, 4* Diamond Armor // Blade Bash
Rydia (Lv26): 4* Light Rod, 4* Black Robe // Thundara, Fire
Kain (Lv26): 4* Hammerhead, 4* Crystal Helmet // Double Cut
Tidus (Lv26): 3* Kazekiri+, 4* Mythril Mail // Blizzard Strike

I haven't invested a lot of time into it so far and got a little bit lost with all the new abilities and the huge amount of orbs in my inventory.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Could someone give me a few tips on which abilities, equipment, etc. I should go for?

I haven't invested a lot of time into it so far and got a little bit lost with all the new abilities and the huge amount of orbs in my inventory.

Get every -ara.
Refine -aras to level 2, have all of them depending on the content you're playing.
Refine Double Cut.
Aim for Comet and the -agas
Refine Cura and get Curaga.

Negator

I would consider not using those 4* White Orbs on Curaja and save them up for Protectga and Shellga instead for when they come out. I wouldn't invest in Curaja until I had those honed at least once.

Shahed

I'm assuming the bottom Tidus is Cloud since you have Blizzard Strike there. Basically you want a lot of the Tier 2 abilities and then refine them. You Ra spells, your Double Cuts. I wouldn't bother farming them though. Just progress through the main story and you'll unlock them naturally while getting more Stamina. Only farm once you are strong enough to handle the Hard Daily's sinxe the drops on normal are awful.

Have you unlocked Aerith? If not I recommend getting her and making her your healee since Cecil won't be able to keep up later due to low heals and also Cura being his best heal move. Also don't get too fixated on deciding you best piece of gear. Unless you pull a 5* somewhere, chances are your best piece of gear will be different per world.

Roto13

I have Rydia maxed out and would like a new black mage to level so the EXP doesn't go to waste.

With the rate I'm collecting Mythril, I might as well just do a 50 Mythril pull. I haven't even started the new Elites yet and I'm at nearly 30. (Plus I still haven't finished the old Elites.)

Xetherion

Holy-!

I've been saving up my mythril for an 11 pull, finally got enough today and figured the 4 character rate up was a good time to pull so I did...

Got THREE 5* items, as well as two 4*!

5*
Ice Whip (aw yiss!)
Regal Gown (Rydia's set on gear for life!)
Regal Gown (Aerith gets one too!)

4*
Thornlet (V) - resistance to sleep, cool
Red Jacket (VI)

3*
Ancient Sword (XII)
Platinum Sword (XII)
Power Rod (XII)
Ice Shield (IV)
Black Cowl (IV)
Dragon Helm (III)

Damn, what a good day!

Tobinishi

Get every -ara.
Refine -aras to level 2, have all of them depending on the content you're playing.
Refine Double Cut.
Aim for Comet and the -agas
Refine Cura and get Curaga.

Thanks a lot.

Is it worth it to have specific equipment for every realm? Is the buff really that huge? Haven't really paid too much attention to it so far.

I would consider not using those 4* White Orbs on Curaja and save them up for Protectga and Shellga instead for when they come out. I wouldn't invest in Curaja until I had those honed at least once.

I don't think Curaja will be very useful until we get memory crystals anyway. A curaga from a maxed out Aerith with a good staff (high MND stat) will top off most characters anyway, so I feel like Curaja isn't that necessary yet.

Tobinishi

I'm assuming the bottom Tidus is Cloud since you have Blizzard Strike there. Basically you want a lot of the Tier 2 abilities and then refine them. You Ra spells, your Double Cuts. I wouldn't bother farming them though. Just progress through the main story and you'll unlock them naturally while getting more Stamina. Only farm once you are strong enough to handle the Hard Daily's sinxe the drops on normal are awful.

Have you unlocked Aerith? If not I recommend getting her and making her your healee since Cecil won't be able to keep up later due to low heals and also Cura being his best heal move. Also don't get too fixated on deciding you best piece of gear. Unless you pull a 5* somewhere, chances are your best piece of gear will be different per world.

Yeah, you're absolutely right about Cloud :)

I unlocked Aerith but haven't used her because I never needed a dedicated healer so far. I prefered the extra damage-output from Cecil.

Ok, so I should concentrate more on getting the correct gear for each realm instead of 3*/4* weapons/armor on all the characters?

So how do I make Retaliate OP? I gave it to cyan with a ffvi 5 star maxed falchion ++ and then proceeded to beat the boss with my other weaker core class characters as Ultros never attacked Cyan after he activated the skill

Xetherion

I unlocked Aerith but haven't used her because I never needed a dedicated healer so far. I prefered the extra damage-output from Cecil.

Ok, so I should concentrate more on getting the correct gear for each realm instead of 3*/4* weapons/armor on all the characters?

Yes, you can combine 1* items twice to make them 3*. They're a little weaker than native 3* gear, but much stronger with synergy when used in the world they're from.

Negator

So how do I make Retaliate OP? I gave it to cyan with a ffvi 5 star maxed falchion ++ and then proceeded to beat the boss with my other weaker core class characters as Ultros never attacked Cyan after he activated the skill

Channel your inner FF2, Boost the Retaliate target and have everyone swing at him.

Xetherion

Give Double Cut to your other party members, have them use it on Cyan after he uses Retaliate. He will attack the boss for each hit. You also use Armor Break on the boss first and Boost on Cyan.

This whole combo is unnecessary for easier content, it's just a way to cheese harder bosses.

Roto13

I've been slapping black magic on Aeris and it has been working out okay for getting those scores.

Yeah, I'm already using her. I replaced one of her cure spells with a black spell just so I'd have three elements ready to exploit for mastering floors.

Shahed

Sometimes I'll put a Ra spell on Sephiroth. Not for the damage, but just for the mastery. Stuff like Watera and Bio that I don't typically use. If a boss is vulnerable to Gravity I put it on him as well.

It's fine for now, but when you get tk harder content you'll want that person who does good heals. Besides Aerith can use Black Magic up to Tier 3 so I've got a Comet or Ra spell on her that does pretty decent damage on bosses if she has a free turn. At some point Cecils 600 Cura's just won't cut it. Her limit break is also good for a group of enemies and on a lot of bosses.

And if you use correct gear for each world, Your other 3 melee characters will be doing more damage that will more than make up for the loss of Cecil

TheExodu5

Banned
Solitary Island...I don't remember fighting dragons here. Why would they even make that a dungeon?

Goddamn it. First mega weapon is for bloody waka..

Be glad you got one. After too much money and too many pulls, I don't even have one. Best I've gotten is a 5* healing staff for no one in particular.

Shahed

I decided to carry on whwre I left off on the Elite's. So Mt Holtz and Vargas. I was so happy earlier thay I'm on 70 Stamina. Still no where near wnough for this lol. Guess I'm finishing this tomorrow

Xetherion

Goddamn it. First mega weapon is for bloody waka..

Man, so much Wakka hate up in here. So many people don't realize he's actually better than Tidus if you get a good weapon for him.

Tidus has better HP and Def, but Wakka can do full damage from the back row. Having 50% damage mitigation from being in the back row basically doubles Wakka's effective HP (vs physical attacks), which makes him way better at surviving than Tidus.

They have equal Atk, but Tidus has better weapon selection. If you got Wakka's 5* though, you can throw Tidus' weapon advantage out the window (pun intended :p). Hell, I've been using Wakka with just a 3* Shuriken I pulled when I first started and he's been doing decent with it.

Lastly Tidus' normal Soul Break has better utitility for bosses than Wakka's normal Soul Break (unless the boss is weak to Water), but Wakka's Soul Break from his 5* is basically a Mental Break + Armor Break in one, saving you two ability slots while not even taking up one!

Seriously, Wakka's a better Support character than Tidus to begin with, and if you got his 5* that makes him miles better.

Ashodin

Man, so much Wakka hate up in here. So many people don't realize he's actually better than Tidus if you get a good weapon for him.

Tidus has better HP and Def, but Wakka can do full damage from the back row. Having 50% damage mitigation from being in the back row basically doubles Wakka's effective HP (vs physical attacks), which makes him way better at surviving than Tidus.

They have equal Atk, but Tidus has better weapon selection. If you got Wakka's 5* though, you can throw Tidus' weapon advantage out the window (pun intended :p). Hell, I've been using Wakka with just a 3* Shuriken I pulled when I first started and he's been doing decent with it.

Lastly Tidus' normal Soul Break has better utitility for bosses than Wakka's normal Soul Break (unless the boss is weak to Water), but Wakka's Soul Break from his 5* is basically a Mental Break + Armor Break in one, saving you two ability slots while not even taking up one!

Seriously, Wakka's a better Support character than Tidus to begin with, and if you got his 5* that makes him miles better.

Xeltherion
Wakka Apologist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom