• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

After 20 mythril I'm at 3 Major Black, 3 Major Lightning, and 0 Major Dark. I've got the opposite of whatever curse Falk has. Pulling in something like 200 3*s of each type for every 10 mythril is pretty great regardless. And we're still only in the first phase! Bless you Orbfest

thanks mr cactuar

hahahahahaha

alcheim

I think my game's broken. I've fought over 10 Gigantuars since yesterday, and I've gotten 0 major orbs.

(OK, I've complained on gaf now... can I get major orb drops please?)

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually since threatening to quit to force a spot of good luck has a cooldown you may want to strategize and use it on one of the 1/2 off 11 pulls.

Actually since threatening to quit to force a spot of good luck has a cooldown you may want to strategize and use it on one of the 1/2 off 11 pulls.

That's my plan for pull 4 where I will get, after 3 pulls with no 5*. Celes's sword, Sazh's gun, Red's pin, Y'shtola's robe and staff and Josef's gloves.

alcheim

^^ Good point

I did threaten to quit a few months back due to rotten luck in paid $1 relic draws... and lo and behold, the next 3 draws I get are all Soul Break weapons (Thancred, Mog, Khimari) I'm drawn back in, and now my luck is back to terrible.

This game is really messing with us all. Can't wait to get more characters.

Falk

that puzzling face
Barret tomorrow

Can't wait for him to be lv1 and Cloud's lv65 but Barret still doesn't trust him because he's ex-SOLDIER.

WarAdept

First time I've completed a +++ dungeon! Granted from what I've read, Terra's event has the easiest bonus battles ever but they were still hard to me!

Fuck you Belias.

Nohar

Hum... I'm missing 2 Major Black and 6 Major Earth orbs to be able to create and hone Meteor to R2... Oh well, I'll see if Giant Pampa (yup, Sabotender/Cactuars are called Pampa in French) shows up and is generous.
Also thought I had enough to be able to R2 Full Break, but I'm missing 7 Major Power Orbs. I was certain I had enough. Oh well.

I hope we will get Orb conversion quickly. That will be a game-changer.

EDIT: Well, 1 Major Black Orb remaining. Giant Pampa, I wuv youuuuuu~~

MicH

I've managed to get 4 Major Black and 2 Major Dark orbs so far with 15 mythril spent on refreshes.

So I have all the Black orbs needed for Meteor R2, but I still need 3 MNEO and a lot of MEO

It took me 10 stamina refreshes to get one major orb. My plan is 15 refreshes per phase. I don't really have the time to do more than that but might try to do more on phase 3 because of how much more value summon orbs have (given my rotten luck for greater orbs so far I honestly doubt if I'll be having two R4 valefor/maudin).

That's what I'm aiming for also. Quake doesn't really cut it anymore.
I believe Ruinga is almost upon us too. I think it is a little stronger than Quake so still probably won't cut it.

Falk

that puzzling face
So, 40 Mythril and 30 hours of natural regen later (I wasted less than 2 stam per refresh, almost always less than 1, plus irregular sleeping pattern so no stam overflow past full stam bar) I'm 'done' with Stage 1.

kezNp0G.jpg

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!@

Not counting the event Clear/Mastery rewards, I got in exchange for 40 Mythril (and the natural regen):

- 2 Major Black, 2 Major Lightning, 7 Major Dark (lol) but otherwise, a really even distribution between the three schools.
- 11 5*, 138 4* and 2248 3*
- 12.5M Gil (lol)

Of course, with ~12 hours more of natural regen, those numbers will bump slightly, but I'm not holding my breath for another 5* Black. Aside from some major (huehuehue) disappointment with the distribution of the 5*s, pretty satisfied with the haul.

p.s. I adjusted my Mythril budget from 35/25/65/35 to 40/30/70/40 for 180 total spent. It's cutting close, but I -should- have just enough for the remaining 3 pulls too.

Hard to say what my 5* orb situation will ultimately look like at the end because of unpredictability of low probability droprates, but I should be:
- within spitting distance of r2 Meteor (Farming up the 5* Earth deficit via Raithwall 3)
- Comfortably in range of r2 Full Break outside of 5* Power, which will be a farming target
- r4 Valefor + r4 Maduin
- 2x r5 Ramuh for Omega Weapon
- enough orbs to bring another 3* elemental summon to r5
- enough orbs to craft multiple other 3* ability to r5 (biggest limitation would be Power/Black/White)
- Enough orbs for r3 Ruinga, ALTHOUGH
- may need the 4* Blacks for r4 elemental spells instead. We'll see what's the bigger need first

Oh, and
- close to 60 million Gil (come to daddy orb combination)
- every single character including Cloud lv80 and Barret lv65 capped

I'm fine with my 5* equipment, so I can deal with 180 Mythril less of pulls (even assuming absolutely atrocious luck with the remaining three 1/2-price pulls). Could do with a ranged weapon or some defensive shared SB, but I'll live.

tl;dr BRING ON THE HARD CONTENT

lankelink

Neo Member
I already have enough GBO to hone blizzaja, thundaja, waterja and ruinga to R3 (firaja and bioga already at R3) and I will have about 20 left. Should I farm until 30 to hone waterja to R4 or should I wait for future abilities (like -aga strikes)?

Wazzy

Banned
Got all my XIV drops today so I spent some more time grinding. I had a ton of eggs saved up so I used a lot to bring characters to 40 making levelling them in orbfest easier.

I still have way too many level 1's so hoping I can rectify that before orbfest ends. Right now I'm focusing on getting to 50:
Zack
Auron
Y'stola
Thancred
Garnet

All of which are in 40's.

I think I've used about 10-15 mythril (haven't kept track) and with some natural stamina have seen about 6 majors evenly distributed

Road

It took me 10 stamina refreshes to get one major orb. My plan is 15 refreshes per phase. I don't really have the time to do more than that
Yeah it turned out finding time to refresh has been a problem bigger than spending the mythril. So far I've only refreshed 6 times out of planned 20.

Also, cactuar that drops 3* is the worst.

MicH

I can't decide if I want to combine my 6* Lullaby Rod with my newly acquired 5* one into a 7* or keep them separate. It has great magic and mind so it's a really good rod for both black and white mages. Especially in X realms!

MicH

Jesus, the last few days my Yuna has brought ina lot of gil from being used as a RW. 4200 yesterday and 5400 today! I guess people are using RW heals when they aren't bringing a healer to the orb dungeons?

Razmos

I'm levelling D. Cecil up to 65 for his 3rd record materia (20% extra damage with swords, as opposed to the 10% of the 2 currently available)

Speaking of Record Materia though, I haven't unlocked Cloud's second one, so what happens when I break his level cap again? would I still get his RM3?

Red Mage

I can't decide if I want to combine my 6* Lullaby Rod with my newly acquired 5* one into a 7* or keep them separate. It has great magic and mind so it's a really good rod for both black and white mages. Especially in X realms!

Unless you have a lot of rods, keep them separate.

I'm levelling D. Cecil up to 65 for his 3rd record materia (20% extra damage with swords, as opposed to the 10% of the 2 currently available)

Speaking of Record Materia though, I haven't unlocked Cloud's second one, so what happens when I break his level cap again? would I still get his RM3?

You have to unlock rm2 before you can get rm3. I had this issue on the Japan version.

Falk

that puzzling face
Falk, the way you play this game is unhealthy. Reconsider.

Yeah he really should go back to his 32000 piece puzzle

I have a bit of a history. One day I think I'm just going to keel over ded but that's okay<3

Remember when Falk had to redo the +++ battle of the FFXII event (had completed it but checked again later and it still needed to be done). Turns out someone had a similar glitch only it was dungeon Hall of the Sentinel(Classic) that was undone. They lost Vaan as a result and DeNA won't give him back.

THERE'S SOMETHING SCREWY GOING ON WITH THIS EVENT. (Hopefully it doesn't set a precedent going forward) Vaan despite being a terrible person is one of the worst to miss out on too - 138atk 4* support with swords.

Hahaha nice Falk. I just looked up mine and it was four days later, and I remember no-lifing the hell out of Wrath when it launched!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nice Falk! I got realm first 80 Shaman and Draenei on my realm!

still super mad they didn't put the titles they had in beta.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I have a bit of a history. One day I think I'm just going to keel over ded but that's okay<3

THERE'S SOMETHING SCREWY GOING ON WITH THIS EVENT. (Hopefully it doesn't set a precedent going forward) Vaan despite being a terrible person is one of the worst to miss out on too - 138atk 4* support with swords.

WE NOW KNOW WHY FFXV IS TAKING SO LONG!!!

Just kidding :)

GordonShumway

Neo Member
I think I'm finished with my phase 1 refreshes. Used 20 mythril - got 6 major orbs so far (2 black, 4 dark). All my 50 cap guys are set, all the upcoming MC2 guys are at 65. I think I'm just going to rotate everyone else so they're all at least at level 60 by the end of the orbfest.

So, what's everyone's plan of attack for Lost Memories? Wondering if I should throw some eggs Barret's way so I can use him for the event or just rush through it without him and then toss him in my orbfest team. I usually egg newbies up to the 30s and level from there, but that seems like a waste considering orbfest.

MicH

My last 5 Cactuars all gave me 3* orbs :(

I plan to use a few mythril to get through the Barret event as fast as possible, then back to phase 2. I'll probably save the boss rush until the orb event is done assuming the Cloud event doesn't end sooner than regular events

Falk

that puzzling face
still super mad they didn't put the titles they had in beta.

Totally would have gotten Doctor Robotnik with a paid name change.

Are we going to need to do any of the bonus battles for Cloud's MC2?

Yes (lol)

My last 5 Cactuars all gave me 3* orbs :(

I plan to use a few mythril to get through the Barret event as fast as possible, then back to phase 2. I'll probably save the boss rush until the orb event is done assuming the Cloud event doesn't end sooner than regular events

I'm just gonna interweave tbqh. Make a list of stamina costs of every stage, then use it to hit close to 0 when possible. Unfortunately it's not the classic/elite model so we can't cherry pick a bunch of stages - it's all sequential

edit: uh oh

Rql65YXl.jpg

Vorpal

Welcome back BTW. :)

Thanks HL! o/

p.s. I adjusted my Mythril budget from 35/25/65/35 to 40/30/70/40 for 180 total spent. It's cutting close, but I -should- have just enough for the remaining 3 pulls too.

Do you know how much mythril we're looking at from the Cloud event? My current plan is 35/10/35/35 just because of how much I had saved up but, depending on incoming mythril, I will totally dump more refreshes into phases 3 and 4.

I would have 25 more mythril but the Lucky Draw suckered me into pulling and I won't let it happen again dang it

Falk

that puzzling face
Thanks HL! o/

Do you know how much mythril we're looking at from the Cloud event? My current plan is 35/10/35/35 just because of how much I had saved up but, depending on incoming mythril, I will totally dump more refreshes into phases 3 and 4.

I would have 25 more mythril but the Lucky Draw suckered me into pulling and I won't let it happen again dang it

Dude those pulls are too good to pass up. (Says me and my stupendous 2x 4* 9x 3* pull)

Cloud event is super short. 10 fights condensed (you get Barret at #5, they're all different fights) edit: Misread question. 10 Mythril from event, 0 from bonus battles.

If you're dumping them into phase 3 and 4 it shouldn't matter anyway since it'd be like "oh I have 2 more mythril from login? Ok here you go phase 4"

ps on natural stamina regen, 5 minutes before "HALT FOR PHASE 2" cutoff, Phase 1 gave me a going-away present.

snBNK4Vl.jpg

Tally is now 2 black 2 lightning 8 dark (lollll)

Dl50PPp.png

Razmos

I encountered only 1 Gigantuar today, it dropped a greater orb >_>

I'll probably get way luckier in the next phase (which has less desirable orbs, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom