• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get bored farming and came up with a crazy idea. So here's my current theory, which is 3/3 so far:

Killing Cactuar and Gigantuar with FS will always yield the higher reward. Just a hunch that I'd like to test.

Falk

that puzzling face
I get bored farming and came up with a crazy idea. So here's my current theory, which is 3/3 so far:

Killing Cactuar and Gigantuar with FS will always yield the higher reward. Just a hunch that I'd like to test.

FS?

Highly doubtful regardless because loot is rolled when the stage begins (hence why airplane trick functions the way it does) but I personally clench my buttcheeks harder because that increases odds of better loot (A proud tradition dating back to MMOs) so who am I to judge.

edit: Man, nothing to do for 6 hours. After the nonstop 30-minute hops over the past 3 days, I feel lost.

I GUESS IT'S TIME TO DO MY PUZZLE

Vorpal

Dude those pulls are too good to pass up. (Says me and my stupendous 2x 4* 9x 3* pull)

Nope, gotta stick to the plan! I already pulled once and got Yuna's Magistral Rod so I'm stopping while I'm ahead.

Only 10 mythril from the Cloud event, huh? Too bad it's not more.

Wazzy

Banned
FS?

Highly doubtful regardless because loot is rolled when the stage begins (hence why airplane trick functions the way it does) but I personally clench my buttcheeks harder because that increases odds of better loot (A proud tradition dating back to MMOs) so who am I to judge.

edit: Man, nothing to do for 6 hours. After the nonstop 30-minute hops over the past 3 days, I feel lost.

I think he meant first shot and it's possible he's right. My experience so far is that if I kill one before they attack, I get the higher reward every time. I don't know about gigantaur though, just the normal cactaurs it seems to happen.

Of course it could just all be rng being silly.

Edit: He meant something else but yeah Gigantaur doesn't apply because he dropped a Major after attacking me. Time to see if I can disprove the little cactuar.

FS?

Friend Summon. Update: 5/5 (3)

Honestly, it adds a little excitement to the whole thing until I'm proven wrong

Edit: Has anyone else noticed there are no more Kain friend summons? It means I can't play the other game I normally play

Falk

that puzzling face
Do this if you get a Cactuar or Gigantuar on wave 3/3:

1) Airplane mode
2) Friend summon
3) Record drop
4) Game tells you you need to reconnect. Don't do it, close app, turn off airplane mode, restart, select "continue"
5) Repeat, except change 2) to anything else

Results will show that 3) will be the same regardless, unless you select NOT to continue (which penalizes your stam so it's a bad idea for orbfest) and then redo that stage.

That's basically airplane mode farming applied to show that loot isn't generated by killing the mob - it's generated at the start of the stage.

* does not apply to buttcheek clenching because that's sheer force of will and transcends the laws of time and space.

sorry I'm a grinch. NO FUN ALLOWED

SPWFVyw.jpg
thanks mr cactuar!

Let's see if he comes through in the clutch with a MBO before the switch-over.

greyshark

Do this if you get a Cactuar or Gigantuar on wave 3/3:

1) Airplane mode
2) Friend summon
3) Record drop
4) Game tells you you need to reconnect. Don't do it, close app, turn off airplane mode, restart, select "continue"
5) Repeat, except change 2) to anything else

Results will show that 3) will be the same regardless, unless you select NOT to continue (which penalizes your stam so it's a bad idea for orbfest) and then redo that stage.

That's basically airplane mode farming applied to show that loot isn't generated by killing the mob - it's generated at the start of the stage.

* does not apply to buttcheek clenching because that's sheer force of will and transcends the laws of time and space.

sorry I'm a grinch. NO FUN ALLOWED

If you do the above in that situation, is it worth the stamina to run the airplane mode trick to get a Major Orb?

Falk

that puzzling face
No, because you might as well just keep the drops you got and spend the stamina on a fresh run.

Airplane trick is only relevant if you want to grind a boss or a later battle in a set for a specific drop. For more general drops like you get from dailies and orb fest you're better off just doing full runs.

greyshark

But you're not always guaranteed to get a Gigantaur - if you can repeat a Gigantaur run until you got a Major Orb, wouldn't that be a more efficient way to get Majors (assuming that was your biggest want out of orbfest)?

Falk

that puzzling face
You wouldn't even get the same mobs on a refresh. It rewinds itself to literally as if you started the stage for the first time, except you start with less stam.

But you're not always guaranteed to get a Gigantaur - if you can repeat a Gigantaur run until you got a Major Orb, wouldn't that be a more efficient way to get Majors (assuming that was your biggest want out of orbfest)?

Enemies and drops are decided the moment you pay your stamina to enter a stage, if you see a Gigantaur your drop was already decided even if you airplane trick to see you're not getting a major and reset you'll have to hope you randomly roll a gigantaur fight and randomly roll him dropping a major orb. It's not more efficient you're wasting stamina as the 3 star orbs, 4 star orbs, exp, and money you'd have gotten from all those reset runs is also worth it.

16 refresh + 3 days of regular stamina = 2 Major Orbs... No Black... Shoot me... Will try to reach 20 refresh before the new dungeon but I don't expect more Major Orbs. I barely seen any Gigantuar through all that stamina...

GAMERG0D

ugh I only have 89 Mythril but I really want to pull in the FFVII banner but I also want to have three more 25 Mythril pulls.

16 refresh + 3 days of regular stamina = 2 Major Orbs... No Black... Shoot me... Will try to reach 20 refresh before the new dungeon but I don't expect more Major Orbs. I barely seen any Gigantuar through all that stamina...

I hear you. I was at least fortunate enough to get a few MLOs. Still, no MBOs is rough. Would have liked to hone Meteor sooner rather than later. :(

An hour left until possible disappointment. Better prepare for it!

Oh yes, I am prepared for my luck to keep being abysmal in this event with a second 11 pulls with no 5* and the rare appearances of a new set of stingy Gigantuar!

Edit: I should also be 0/30 on 100 gems pull if no 5* on Cloud's banner! :) I am setting myself up for a great evening! (I would take Organics as a consolation prize for going 0/29!) ;)

While waiting for stam to refill I looked up upcoming events and found a site with a lot of details about the events and banners. The VIII banner is amazing and is making my saving a lot easier.

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/seifer-event/

Ah yeah, that site is great. I'm probably gonna aim for 2 pulls on XIII and 2 pulls on VIII, for the forseeable future. Really really need VIII gear, which is all the more depressing since I've done like 4 11-pulls on the past sets of VIII banners.

Organics has a great soul break, I actually prefer it as a rw summon to his bsb fenrir drive due to the equal aoe damage and the fact that when I call the bsb it has to be by the best attacker otherwise it is inefficient.

Edit I'll do a full tally later but I'm at 1 mbo, 4 mlo, and 2 mdo for maybe 15 or so refreshes. I lost track frankly. I hit my target of ending with more than 500 of each three star orbs. Up to 15m gold from 8.

I got two Major Orbs over fairly efficient stamina use and five Mythril refreshes.

I feel I did okay with Greater Orbs, although today seemed to be a bust.

I have enough to hone Thundaja to x8 though, although I wonder if I actually should.

Just finished my last run of phase 1. Major orb tally thus far:
2 black, 4 lightning, 1 dak
Still no mythril used for refreshes yet since I'm saving them all for phase 3 and whatever is left will go to phase 4.

thanks mr cactaur

WarAdept

Do I dare do a pull for this Barret banner? I have enough mithril to burn through all of the Lucky Draws and do an 11x pull on the Barret event. Problem is, I love mages. And this banner is giving me none of that.

Maybe I'll wait.

Goddamn you SquareEnix and DeNA for that Cloud favouritism. Where's my Vivi MC2

MicH

Do I dare do a pull for this Barret banner? I have enough mithril to burn through all of the Lucky Draws and do an 11x pull on the Barret event. Problem is, I love mages. And this banner is giving me none of that.

Maybe I'll wait.

Pull on the Hope banner if you need mage gear

Maybe I'll wait.

It's not a good banner outside of Cloud's SSB. I'm only planning on dropping 100 gems on the banner and saving Mythril for the SSB Fest in Dec or so. I'll shoot for Cloud's SSB there.

Falk

that puzzling face
The Shinra guard was content. Last night, when the naked man attacked from the train, he was sure that he was going to die. When he managed to escape before the reactor went up, he put in for a transfer to any available job out-of-sector. So now his job was to make sure nobody rode the train without a ticket. Sure, there could be some violence, if somebody without a ticket really wanted a ride, but for the most part it would be smooth sailing. Life was good.

The guard was just through congratulating himself on an excellent career move when he saw something that he really didn't want to see. Well, OK, nobody wanted to see what the guard was seeing, but this particular guard had an extra reason to be dismayed by the sight.

It was like Mr. T., but without the clothes. On his train. {Please, God,} thought the guard, {let him have a ticket.} But the guard knew that Mr. T. didn't have a ticket. He wasn't holding one, and just where are the pockets on a naked man?

"Why me, God," whispered the guard, "What have I ever done to you?"

The guard hadn't whispered quietly enough, for Bare-It charged over and bellowed, "What? What did you say?"

"Er," responded the guard, laughing weakly, "Tickets, please?"

Bare-It's face was a mask of anger, "Listen punk, do you see this gun?"

"Er, yes." replied the guard.

"No, not that gun, said Bare-It, and pointed at his gun-arm, "This gun. If you ever make fun of me again, I'm gonna shove it up your peachy ass and fire."

"Oh, is that all," said the guard, relieved, "I thought you were going to do something mean.

YAY BARRET

GAMERG0D

Well I got Josef's weapon and the 4* Crystal Bangle (VII), rest 3 stars. Fairly disappointing but I'm tempted to use 50 more Mythril.

Razmos

D. Cecil's armour and Yuna's Lullaby Rod, better than I was expecting! And the absolutely weird thing is that I have both of those in my party at the moment because I'm trying to level them :p

I also got another Mesmerize Blade which I can use to get a 6* one :3

I now have 3 sources of AoE heals, Y'shtola, Aerith and Yuna. HEALS 4 DAYS

Only one character specific this time, Rinoa. I guess that makes up for the fact I got 4 in phase 1.

At least I got another good long range weapon for those shitty long range bosses.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well I got Josef's weapon and the 4* Crystal Bangle (VII), rest 3 stars. Fairly disappointing but I'm tempted to use 50 more Mythril.

On the next two lucky pulls you mean?

Look at it this way, if your luck is complete shit for the next 22 instances (as determined at birth by astral patterns) if you pull on the lucky banners it'd only cost you 50 mythril instead of 100 mythril.

!!!

edit: wow it wasn't even on the lucky pulls

DISREGARD

Kaiterra

Banned
THIRD STRAIGHT 11-PULL IN A ROW WITH NO 5* GEAR! Awesome! Fucking
That shouldn't even be possible! It should straight up not be able to happen!

Instead I got yet more duplicates of items I already had double combined. Fuck this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom