• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

Getting all named characters to 50/65, 15-20-25m gold in the bank and >500 3* orbs of desired types is absolutely worth the grind in my book.

This, 100%.

Considering my recent luck, I find it way more fulfilling to spend time/mythril grinding something guaranteed (levels, 3* orbs) than dump mythril into the gacha. At least with honing abilities and getting my roster level-capped I can see the finish line. (Until new characters and abilities come out, but still)

This event is a good opportunity for grinders and gacha pullers though so everyone wins.

Falk

that puzzling face
GVBlr7Zl.jpg

Not even surprised
Not even angry
Not even disappointed

I'm just tired at this point.

Really really tired.

I dunno man, 12% chance at unique soul breaks at 44 times (so expected avg of 5 of them) for 100 Mythril seems way too good to pass up.

Especially considering that the next time we're likely to see it IS the SSBfest, which is 5+ months away.

(Watch me pull 5 Giants Gloves)

edit@below, we're talking about different SSBfests aren't we?

Guess what I pulled today.

Wazzy

Banned
Cactuar drops haven't been as good lately. :( Levelling is going well at least. Got Steiner to 50 and almost have Cecil Pally at 50.
Clouds MC2 comes in the next event, starts on Wednesday I think.

I would think that the Cloud MC2 / Barrett event would start a few days after the current FF6 event ends (likely Mon the 26th). However, if the Orb Celebration is it's own special thing then we will end up having 3 events running concurrently.

I also wonder if those new relics, particularly Cloud's SSB, will be added into the Lucky Draw banners then or if it will remain with what is currently available.

Cool thanks guys!

Jyrii

Banned
hmm I thought the lucky draw and Orb dungeon would reset the same time as daily dungeons, guess it's at the login reward time?

Still not a single major orb drop for me :(

hmm I thought the lucky draw and Orb dungeon would reset the same time as daily dungeons, guess it's at the login reward time?

Still not a single major orb drop for me :(
Orb dungeon is the event time. Just so you know lucky draw is once per phase not once per day.

Falk

that puzzling face
There is definitely a dark orb rate up. I've gotten twice as many GDOs than I have GBOs or GLOs

It seemed that way for me too, but checking hard data, it evened out. (See numbers at bottom right - total haul from 20 Mythril refreshes)

Except those 5*s. A certain someone seems to have stolen all my 5* lightnings leaving me with just the darks lol

Nohar

It seemed that way for me too, but checking hard data, it evened out. (See numbers at bottom right - total haul from 20 Mythril refreshes)

Except those 5*s. A certain someone seems to have stolen all my 5* lightnings leaving me with just the darks lol

I have no idea what you are talking about ♥

forgrim

So far just one major and two gigantic sightings but I'll live...can't really use mythril since I had about 100 which is now set aside for lucky draw

MicH

I've used 15 mythril on phase 1 and I'm done refreshing that phase now. That leaves me with an extra 25 mythril to farm phase 3

Razmos

Minwu and Firion's second memory crystal. Glad to see some FFII content.

I was going to post the image itself, but it's a famitsu scan, so probably not a good idea.

Next Chamber of Abyss
Demon Wall will be the new boss which introduces a new ★6 physical ability which is Crush - which is also a trademark ability of Demon Wall

Leaked but no confirmation yet!
FINAL FANTASY Tactics is coming on 27 Oct 2015 and Dress Record for Lightning is coming on 30 Oct 2015

Also there is apparently an augment system for characters coming. I'm guessing a way to boost stats?

Also it's the FFXII Demon Wall, not the FFIV one

Nohar

Finally Minwu arrives!

I'm curious to see how that "Augment" system for characters will work... Maybe they will find a way to make Core characters interesting?

So like besides stamina refreshing the last stage of each orb fest what should I specifically be working towards? Maxing out 3 star spell usage? Refining up 4 star abilities? What abilities are worth maxing besides the aga/aja elemental spells?

Razmos

I had a triple Cactuar battle before. all 3 dropped greater orbs, yay.

More Gigantuars though please. They completely stopped showing up after I got a major orb quite early on yesterday. One showed up on the very first wave of the first battle I did today, but it only dropped a greater, and I haven't seen one since :(

Kyari

Ugh... Did my 25 myth pull finally. I've done 5x 11* pulls in my ffrk lifetime and never once pulled a 5* from it ...

Until now. When I pulled a single sentinel grimoire.

One of very few character specific relics I already have :((((

Razmos

More info:
Agrias and Ramza
have been datamined as the new FFT characters.
Agrias
has Combat 5* because they get synergy from the new Abyss dungeon.

Demon Wall is a bit more deadly than before:
  • He gains 2 new parts as the fight goes on (left arm and right arm)
  • He has a special move called Contempt which he uses on anyone who uses Retaliate (RIP Reta-Meta)
  • He cannot be cheesed with Jump, in fact Jump doesn't work against him at all due to a new Flight-Seal mechanic.
  • He has perma Auto-Reflect.
  • He also has a strange targeting mechanic which means you have to plan the position that your party is in, having the middle party members as tanks because they will be getting hit the most.

Falk

that puzzling face
More info:
He has a special move called Contempt which he uses on anyone who uses Retaliate (RIP Reta-Meta)

AHAHAHAH

They must have gotten tired with people cheesing mage boss with cheese strats and every single non-mage party under the sun.

Nohar

• He has a special move called Contempt which he uses on anyone who uses Retaliate (RIP Reta-Meta)

Well, that was bound to happen one day. Hopefully by then I will have good enough equipment to not have to rely anymore on Advancetaliate. In the meanwhile, I'll still use it (though now that I have a second mage weapon I can seriously consider trying the "mage meta").

Razmos

The fact the move is called Contempt just makes it even funnier.

I imagine they will disable Retaliate in similar fashion for all the physical abyss bosses going forward, with the exception of Samurai (providing Samurai gets a 6* skill of course).
the 6* Samurai skill will probably be a "Super-retaliate" that casts Retaliate, Boost and Draw Fire, lol.

Valus

Got two Gigantaurs and two major orbs in a single battle. Both of them Major Dark Orbs. I don't know how to feel about this kind of luck. :(

Rojo

Decided to pull and got a healers robe and Minerva Bustier nice some good armor for a white and black mage. Now if i can just get a rune blade for ashe

Falk

that puzzling face
For the (few and far between tbh) vulnerability superbosses, you will absolutely wreck face with a mages and -ga -ga -ja 3*summon+valefor setup. I'm not too sure if I'd put it in a beginner's guide though. I mean those orbs would be better off going elsewhere first and this is a consideration alongside e.g. honing 4* abilities to r3.

Falk

that puzzling face
XNQO4PLl.jpg

3 Gigantuars

... I should have found a way to save that luck for next lucky 1/2 off 11 pull?

If you want two mages that can hammer weaknesses, yes.

For the (few and far between tbh) vulnerability superbosses, you will absolutely wreck face with a mages and -ga -ga -ja 3*summon+valefor setup. I'm not too sure if I'd put it in a beginner's guide though. I mean those orbs would be better off going elsewhere first and this is a consideration alongside e.g. honing 4* abilities to r3.

FWIW My general party set up is

2 offensive characters with the 4 breaks (do not have any break downs)
1 black mage with aga weakness and quake/aja spell
1 white mage with curaga and diaga
1 flex spot to be either retaliate bot, second black mage, summoner, etc.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, I guess it applies more if you're gravitating towards mage meta and have the gear for it.

FWIW My general party set up is

2 offensive characters with the 4 breaks (do not have any break downs)
1 black mage with aga weakness and quake/aja spell
1 white mage with curaga and diaga
1 flex spot to be either retaliate bot, second black mage, summoner, etc.

Depending on the boss and your strategy for the boss you can get away without one or two of the breaks. Obviously if you're going for full magic damage you don't need to bring Armor Break.

Falk

that puzzling face
Shellga and Magic Breakdown.

He literally does less than 16% of the damage he would normally do with those two up, because he doesn't have Break Resist like the other superbosses.

Killing him after that fact is basically freeform, I guess. Anything from retaliate to 4* magic to tickling him to death (as long as you do it before you run out of Shellga and Magic Breakdown uses)

This also applies to the +++ fight(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom