• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERG0D

On the next two lucky pulls you mean?

Look at it this way, if your luck is complete shit for the next 22 instances (as determined at birth by astral patterns) if you pull on the lucky banners it'd only cost you 50 mythril instead of 100 mythril.

!!!

edit: wow it wasn't even on the lucky pulls

DISREGARD
I could have done 2 more cheap pulls or do one 50 then get 9 Mythril for another cheap one.

Went with the latter and looks like I made the right choice.

Balphon

Drew Lenna's staff. Soul Break is meh but the item itself is actually pretty great and I'll take any excuse to use Lenna when her MC comes.

EDIT: Also drew my 7th cowboy hat. Time to round up a posse.

PmVNAXc.png
Party heal? Yes please.
The Soul Break on the gun is garbage, but it's always nice to get a 5* of an uncommon weapon type.
Hoping to get a 5* MAG rod in one of the next 2 phases since I'm currently lacking one.

Nice! Got a second Blazefire Sabre for Lightning (I'm tempted to combine them) and a Dark Sword for Cecil. I'm having really good luck with these 50% off mythril pulls.

Wazzy

Banned
I pulled Tyro's healing Grimoire. I never use him and don't know how useful it is lol

Also won't even lie, I payed for this banner draw(lucky) because it's a lot cheaper and I want my mythril stash to pile up. I 25 mythril'd first phase and will do last two phases as paid as well.

I want to pull in VII banner but I need to save and don't want to pay a lot.
DID ANOTHER PULL

l3J5mpp.gif
GRATZ! That's a fantastic pull.

Falk

that puzzling face
OH MY GOD I DID SO MUCH BETTER ON THIS PULL THAN THE FIRST SHITTY LUCKY PULL WITH x2 4*s x9 3*s

HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT

Razmos

My 100-gem pull on the cloud banner got me a Moonring Blade (4* FFVI thrown)

This is sad for 2 reasons:

A: I already had one, it was one of my very first pulls in this game, actually. And I've hung on to it ever since... until about 2 days ago when I got rid of it.
B: I have Locke's Rising Sun which outclasses it in every way.

Xetherion

Ugh, got ten 3* and one 4* for my Lucky Draw this time, and my 100 gem draw on the Cloud banner was another 3* vendor trash. Fuck you too RNGesus.

Kaiterra

Banned
My 100-gem pull on the cloud banner got me a Moonring Blade (4* FFVI thrown)

This is sad for 2 reasons:

A: I already had one, it was one of my very first pulls in this game, actually. And I've hung on to it ever since... until about 2 days ago when I got rid of it.
B: I have Locke's Rising Sun which outclasses it in every way.

I had this same experience with an FFV Hayate Bow I just got. I used my older one was scrap recently to clear up inventory space since it felt redundant with the Killer Bow and my Lominsan Bow.

Got Locke's Rising Sun. Too bad we're still waiting on his memory crystal. He's going to have to ride the bench until it arrives.

Wazzy

Banned
Nope! so 0/22 lucky pull
Not even one throughout your entire time playing RK? Because that is so shitty when you put the most effort and time into this game xD

We all rooting for you to get your first! It will be a magical day.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not even one throughout your entire time playing RK? Because that is so shitty when you put the most effort and time into this game xD

We all rooting for you to get your first! It will be a magical day.

Oh I thought you meant on this event with its half price, unique-only 12% chance.

I have Cloud's Buster Sword, Vanille's Binding Rod, and Tellah's Polymorph Rod. That's it!

I honestly don't particularly care about the Orbfest banner though. If I pull stuff, great. If I don't, it's both hilarious schadenfreude at my expense (I don't really mind) and a reminder that you don't need to pull good loot to enjoy the game. (Granted, the way I enjoy the game is a little unrealistic for normal people)

Second Lucky Draw, second set of 8 3* and 3 4*.
image.php

I have 1 4* more than you

HA

Razmos

Sigh, more 5* shit. Irvine's gun and Tidus' sword. :/

At least the disappointment is 50% off this week.
Guns are rare and useful. And which Tidus sword?

either way a FFX sword is really useful considering those events can get quite brutal. and if it is Lightning Steel then it is perfect for a spellblade character with Thundara Strike.

Hah. I didn't leave the dungeon after the phase change, waited until I got at least 15 stamina and it let me do another battle in the phase 1 dungeon. Got a greater black and lightning orb.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh I thought you meant on this event with its half price, unique-only 12% chance.

I have Cloud's Buster Sword, Vanille's Binding Rod, and Tellah's Polymorph Rod. That's it!

I honestly don't particularly care about the Orbfest banner though. If I pull stuff, great. If I don't, it's both hilarious schadenfreude at my expense (I don't really mind) and a reminder that you don't need to pull good loot to enjoy the game. (Granted, the way I enjoy the game is a little unrealistic for normal people)
Ohhhh okay you at least have something.

Still sucks you and others are getting unlucky with both phases. But yeah you don't need rare loot to enjoy, it just makes it even more fun! VIII gear <3 I'll always find my Rinoa banner pull and first phase giving me a Gunblade amazing and hilarious.
Fuck it, the Cloud banner was too tempting. I need that Organics and Keepsake Ribbon!

YES! I already have the gloves, but Organics is awesome!!
Shit dude gratz!! You've been on a roll for good pulls. Your Yuna has been amazing and now you have Organics!

MicH

Sigh, more 5* shit. Irvine's gun and Tidus' sword. :/

At least the disappointment is 50% off this week.
These are both great relics. Guns are extremely rare and both of Tidus' swords are good (especially Brotherhood)

For whatever reason Red XIII can wear gloves.

Red XIII steals Tifa's gloves

Cloud steals Tifa's orthopedic underwear

Tifa can't catch a break
Lmao, she can keep her (now 6*) gloves. Red XIII has his Diamond Pin :p

Shit dude gratz!! You've been on a roll for good pulls. Your Yuna has been amazing and now you have Organics!
Yeah, I'm a little shocked too! I almost didn't do this pull as I didn't want to tempt fate, but hey! Guess I'm getting some shitty pulls for the last two lucky draws :p

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't forget you can learn it then equip Tyro with whatever for the jack-of-all-trades stuff.

(And probably use it to augment, lol)

It's actually pretty useful in a pinch alongside Cloud RM3 to get Sentinel Grimoire up so you can use other RWs

Happy to not be in Falk's situation(sorry mate) but am I supposed to give a shit about Dark Armour?

Also got Leon's SB, which is a bit better. It stacks with SG and boost, right? Too bad that I run mages all the time since 99% of my melee weapons sucks. Heavy armor are pretty much useless to me and I even have 2 5* armors from IV...

So is this really a game-changer having one in my personal stock?

I love it, helps me a lot of times and I always find something for Tyro to do.

Don't forget you can learn it then equip Tyro with whatever for the jack-of-all-trades stuff.

(And probably use it to augment, lol)
I didn't think about that, is that really worth killing it? I guess it lacks synergy.

I already dumped ten of those giant gold bars into it though, so I feel obligated to use it for a little bit.

Falk

that puzzling face
Happy to not be in Falk's situation(sorry mate)

Eh, like I said, I genuinely don't care. After that second pull I'm actually hoping to pull 0 on the next two just so I'll go down in history, rather than become an average-ish statistic.

edit: 0.36% chance of happening actually hahahahah.

Or a 6% chance from this point, to be mathematically correct. 0.36% chance counting from the start of orbfest.

Eh, like I said, I genuinely don't care. After that second pull I'm actually hoping to pull 0 on the next two just so I'll go down in history, rather than become an average-ish statistic.

I get your point. Some will call me silly, but I am the kind to almost prefer the disappointment of nothing instead of the 30 seconds of hope of a good 5* while it's floating in the air to then transform into Dark Armor...

Falk

that puzzling face
I get your point. Some will call me silly, but I am the kind to almost prefer the disappointment of nothing instead of the 30 seconds of hope of a good 5* while it's floating in the air to then transform into Dark Armor...

sounds like seeing gigantuar, seeing shiny white orb

major dark orb

edit@above: To be precise, it stacks with Boost, or Planet Protector. Planet Protector doesn't stack with Boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom