• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Got sick of casting spells so I gave Terra a sword and Aerith a Danjuro. Just going to auto battle my way through this event. They're doing competitive damage with Vaan and PLD Cecil by giving them attack boosting armor and record materias.

Shellga and Magic Breakdown.

He literally does less than 16% of the damage he would normally do with those two up, because he doesn't have Break Resist like the other superbosses.

Killing him after that fact is basically freeform, I guess. Anything from retaliate to 4* magic to tickling him to death (as long as you do it before you run out of Shellga and Magic Breakdown uses)

This also applies to the +++ fight(s).

Oh good. I'll set up for it later then. When does the terra event end?

So its worth to have 2x of each of the aga spells? I actually already have most of those honed I guess making a second set can't hurt

No. Maybe biora. Save your orbs for conversion down the road. If you absolutely can't defeat something by using firaja r3 firaga r4 Firasword r4 and Fira r4 (or comet r4) and valefor r3 for non elem damage, then you should create and hone then and only then. Particularly now that we have mana's paean combined with mental breakdown. That's seven abilities. Throw in a cure or Kirin, a diaga or a power/magic break, and either protecga and Shellga and you are good to go for any elemental weak bosses. Make sure your items and record materias are equipped properly to buff the aga/ara guy to be near on par with the Aja and you can have quite a team without blowing orbs for abilities you already have honed up.

No. Maybe biora. Save your orbs for conversion down the road. If you absolutely can't defeat something by using firaja r3 firaga r4 Firasword r4 and Fira r4 (or comet r4) and valefor r3 for non elem damage, then you should create and hone then and only then. Particularly now that we have mana's paean combined with mental breakdown. That's seven abilities. Throw in a cure or Kirin, a diaga or a power/magic break, and either protecga and Shellga and you are good to go for any elemental weak bosses. Make sure your items and record materias are equipped properly to buff the aga/ara guy to be near on par with the Aja and you can have quite a team without blowing orbs for abilities you already have honed up.

Yeah I still don't have protectega or shellga :X

Is it safe to rely on a unique healing SB or should I always have curaga/kirin on my healer?

Vorpal

Finished maxing out the Core classes! Now to focus on hitting 65 with the rest. I'm so happy to be equipping Record Materia again

Got sick of casting spells so I gave Terra a sword and Aerith a Danjuro. Just going to auto battle my way through this event. They're doing competitive damage with Vaan and PLD Cecil by giving them attack boosting armor and record materias.

If you have it unlocked, the Healer RM is useful for keeping people topped off during auto-battles too. Doesn't do much when Core classes are getting blasted for ~1200 though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Depends on context. Didn't bring Curaga or Kirin for Dark Bahamut for example and used high-regen+heal RW instead.

Others you pretty much need Curaga/etc to keep up. Others Kirin is boss but you want to stack it with Boon/LH/Sentinel Grimoire because the boss only does AOE damage.

Wish there was a way to skip the animation for getting 3 star and above items, it's really annoying when you get multiple in one set of battles.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm still not sure whether or not to use mythril on these half price draws or on orb chances. The draws seem like a terrible idea because of the chance to get all 3* items though... and if there really is an overlap with the orb event and the Cloud event, you're going to have to refresh stamina anyway...

Razmos

Wish there was a way to skip the animation for getting 3 star and above items, it's really annoying when you get multiple in one set of battles.
There is, I think

The draws seem like a terrible idea because of the chance to get all 3* items though...
Every single pull you do has a chance of being like that. Just pull on it, it's far better than the usual banner, don't miss this opportunity for a silly reason like that.

johnsmith

remember me
Finished maxing out the Core classes! Now to focus on hitting 65 with the rest. I'm so happy to be equipping Record Materia again

If you have it unlocked, the Healer RM is useful for keeping people topped off during auto-battles too. Doesn't do much when Core classes are getting blasted for ~1200 though.

I don't. We need more ff9 events. And i forgot to bring her to the last ff9 dungeon update.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
100 mythril for the 4 half cost pulls

36 for refreshes

Should be good?

Doesn't work for me
Also need to spend like 5 mythril to buy more inventory space to hold any new items, particularly since I can't combine any extras since it doesn't make sense to waste time on getting upgrade items during the event.

Only 2 5* orbs after 10 or so refreshes, and both Dark. I'd like to get a little bit closer to R2 Meteor/Full Break, but the game isn't cooperating. At least I'll be more than ready for Orb Refinement, when that comes out in like 5 months, hahah.

Falk

that puzzling face
I only have 136 right now, so that seems impossible.

I don't know how Falk has like 500 mythril. lol

I had a sliver over 200. Was gonna blow them all. (The last thing I pulled on was Tellah's banner)

Then the 4x11 pulls hit. Had to recalculate. I'm only spending 160 on refreshing now, plus 100 = 260 total. Doing all the login bonuses, clear/mastery rewards, Cloud event and the dungeons is just enough.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had a sliver over 200. Was gonna blow them all. (The last thing I pulled on was Tellah's banner)

Then the 4x11 pulls hit. Had to recalculate. I'm only spending 160 on refreshing now, plus 100 = 260 total. Doing all the login bonuses, clear/mastery rewards, Cloud event and the dungeons is just enough.
I don't think I can turn this game into a calculus problem. lol
I suppose the highest priority is still the Summon Orbs though, so I'll just wait for that.

I think I'll put five or so Mythril into refreshes per phase.

Ten for Wind/Non-Elemental, I guess, I always need those. Maybe ten for Summon?

The drop rate is decent (for 4★, at least), but not enough for me to go nuts.

Perhaps the EX+ one will be worthy.

Falk

that puzzling face
You mean Harvest Festival? Yeah that one is actually significantly more lucrative than this one, AND higher max stam by that point.

I don't think I can turn this game into a calculus problem. lol

I'm unabashedly beyond redemption at this point. Not just for FFRK either.

Razmos

Aha, as I said earlier my first run of the orb dungeon today had me fighting a Gigantuar on the first fight of the first stage. I only got a 4*

And just now on my last orb dungeon run for the day I fought another one on the first fight, except this time I got a shiny Major Black Orb.

So one Gigantuar this morning, and another at the end of the day, but nothing inbetween, lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm 30 Mythril in and 8 major orbs.

1 black 2 lightning 5 dark (gajfudjfjdj)

ed: FWIW at 10 and 20 Mythril in I was 2 and 4 orbs respectively. Had a windfall the next 10 Mythril.

Jarekx

Well I've been extremely lucky on the orb side then. 12 refreshes at 80 stamina ( would wait for the 10 ish Stan before refreshing ) and I've gotten 2 black, 2 lightning, and 2 dark majors.

On the plus side of the MDO windfall, we'll be able to have some pretty brutal 4* Ninja abilities at high level! Sange is 6x random ranged physical hits, Illusion Dream does resistance-ignoring non-elemental damage and inflicts Sleep, and Shadow Strike does damage + inflicts Sap!

WarAdept

How important are these Major Fire Orbs x3 for Mastering Frostfire Dragons +++ on the Terra event? I've completed but not mastered it (I don't have enough staying power for Fire Dragon) as Fire Dragon ended up incinerating me after I ran out of Shellga/Magic Break/Double Cut (using Avantilate strat). 2 people died, losing the no KO requirement, and I took too much damage/too many turns.

Is wasting another 40 stam worth it or should it just go towards the Orbfest?

qdawhN2.jpg
Thank you Gigantuar.

Falk

that puzzling face
lmao replace "refreshes" with "11 pulls" and "major orbs" with "5*"s and this feels like a very familiar discussion.

edit: FWIW my initial estimates were ~400 stam per major orb (so ~1200 per SPECIFIC school major orb), which is 3 (or 9) Mythril refreshes per, and it seems to be around that. Thing is when chances are that low, standard deviation is a cruel mistress even with sample sizes going up into the tens (w.r.t. refreshing).

elty

I am on planning to spend about 60 mythril on refresh and only do two lucky draw. I am not lucky on make dip anyways.

I think I only got three or four make on 11 refresh.

Wazzy

Banned
Been doing okay. Got a couple Major lightning Orbs and Dark. I don't recall seeing a black orb drop yet.

Also deciding if I should aim for Meteor, Flare or Flare strike first.

Been doing okay. Got a couple Major lightning Orbs and Dark. I don't recall seeing a black orb drop yet.

I'd suggest Meteor. It's really helpful for clearing trash in the higher difficulty dungeons.

I went with Meteor. I feel the times a 9x damage AoE will come in useful far outweight the times I'll miss that extra 3x multiplier. And Flare Strike isn't usable by enough characters, plus the power orbs can be put to better use.

Anyone here or on Reddit calculated when Meteor should be upgradable from events rewards? Counting on Gigantuar for anything seems like a lost cause to me.

Falk

that puzzling face
Meteor r2 5* costs:
- Black 20
- Fire 6
- NE 12
- Earth 12

For Major Earth:
Orb Fest - 1 from rewards (like all other schools)
Hope and Vanille event - 2 from rewards
DU12 - 1 from rewards (MIGHT BE MISTAKEN)

It also drops from Raithwall 3 (Demon Wall) Elite if you're desperate.*

For Major Black:
-Should- have had 16 before Orb Dungeon started assuming you created Meteor and nothing else, so with a base of 17 (+1 from Orb Fest reward), there's events in the next 3-4 which will cover it. Also farmable from some IV dungeons in DU12.

*** The droprates from Dungeons are ABYSMAL but worth it if you need like 1 or maybe 2 more. Granted, Gigantuar rates are just as abysmal but you're getting everything and the kitchen sink while you're at it.

edit: Formatting

edit 2: * Someone is telling me this is from Raithwall 3 Elite mastery only, but I have Raithwall 3 Elite as a repeatable farm in my notes. Haven't personally confirmed either way.

edit II.5: Comment on official strategy site says "drops" it, for what it's worth.

All right, thanks! Even in the event of no Major Black or Major Earth during Orb Fest, Meteor R2 is a few events away and maybe some farming for the last Earths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom