• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

I think you should be able to use it as long as you have some other way of putting Sap on your Advantaliator, like the Self-Sacrifice or Dragoon's Determination RMs.

The fight may be too long for that to work by itself, but she seems to use Hellbiter predictably so you can probably time it so that Gilgamesh gets hit with Hellbiter once to refresh sap.

LucaMac

This new mob in the JP festival is amazing. I've had two dropsof ten orbs one greater black one greater wind. Come to the int'l game you weird tree.

Yea it's insane. Ten greaters is one go nearly made me cry with happiness...Especially as my Japan account is so far behind in hones. With thiz orbfest and the gear I've got there now I've nearly passed out my day 1 global account over all. Bit frustrating in a weird way. If I merged both accounts I'd be unstoppable. (Except by bosses who use stop)

Balphon

For a FFX party, I guess you could replace Cloud with Auron, using Magic Break and perfectly timing your Retaliates so you don't get hit, praying Safety Bit will protect you from Mega Death (or use Galuf to avoid it the automatic one when she reaches 50% HP).

I don't think Mega Death can be resisted.

MicH

Yesterday was the first time I did the Sundaily in quite a while it felt like. Today I can finally start working on DU16. Hopefully I can finish it before DU17 comes out

Finally got around to Faris/Krile's event. Man Mastering ExDeath Ultimate was intense. Based Advantilate. I'm going to cry when it won't work anymore (looks like I can't use it for Yunalesca?)
You're going to have to play smart here. I don't think Dragoon's Determination/Self Sacrifice RM and finishing in 40 seconds is realistic at all so instead you're going to have to plan to be deliberately hit by a tentacle while Advance has expired. Hopefully that resets sap.

Apparently FFXIII Ultimate is where Advance becomes non-viable (boss can hit physical through retaliate...yeah)

Grzi

I can already see I'm going to quit the game once the Advent Children banner shows up since I'll never get the BSSB weapon for Cloud with my luck :(

You should never pull/hope for a specific relic, will only lead to unhappiness!

Lady Yunalesca took me a couple tries to Master also, fight was simple enough but seems the medal conditions are quite strict. Will see how that works out for Ultimate.

MicH

I can already see I'm going to quit the game once the Advent Children banner shows up since I'll never get the BSSB weapon for Cloud with my luck :(
Someone post the link to the guy on Reddit who used 500 mythril trying to get the OWA, didn't get it and lost it

Don't set your hopes up for getting one specific relic. It will only lead to disappointment and anger when you don't get it

Grzi

You should never pull/hope for a specific relic, will only lead to unhappiness!

Don't set your hopes up for getting one specific relic. It will only lead to disappointment and anger when you don't get it

Yeah, this seems to be the train of thought necessary to play this game. I definitely need to adjust my expectations, especially since I've only been playing for eight or nine days.
It's pretty hard to do though, especially when you browse the JP banners and see everything that's coming.

Kouriozan

Looks like I can't get Riku's MC, those mobs spam 1k damages aoe attacks >.<
Time to work on the classic dungeons I guess, and getting ready for the next event which should be FF IV.

And yeah, don't pull trying to get a relic you want, or you'll ragequit like me before.

Pejo

Hi everyone, I've been taking some time off of this game the past few months, logging in to get mythril and doing the events at least enough up to get all the characters/most of the soul crystals, and I have a question about this new Vale of Memories event.

I did the FFIV solo strategy to beat Dark Cecil for my first tier 2 cap break item, but I'd like to do at least one more to un-cap Squall as well. After the FFIV fight, what's the next easiest fight to complete without grinding a ton of abilities? My usual team is all physical attackers (I'm just using my favorite characters across the board) but I'm open to others, and I have more than enough growth eggs to max out an entire new party if necessary, I just want something I can quickly and somewhat easily do.

graywords

Hi everyone, I've been taking some time off of this game the past few months, logging in to get mythril and doing the events at least enough up to get all the characters/most of the soul crystals, and I have a question about this new Vale of Memories event.

I did the FFIV solo strategy to beat Dark Cecil for my first tier 2 cap break item, but I'd like to do at least one more to un-cap Squall as well. After the FFIV fight, what's the next easiest fight to complete without grinding a ton of abilities? My usual team is all physical attackers (I'm just using my favorite characters across the board) but I'm open to others, and I have more than enough growth eggs to max out an entire new party if necessary, I just want something I can quickly and somewhat easily do.

You may be out of luck, as the event ended several days ago, and we are only in the extended item redemption period right now.

To answer the question anyway, though, in my opinion the FFVII one wasn't too bad, especially if you have a powerful Blade Beam RW to summon - those can take out the arms on their own.

Yunalesca elite, went down like a chump. My x offensive synergy is crazy, so I rolled three attackers with >400atk each double cutting with a planet protector rw. Other two were yuna with curaja and Shellga and a musk stick w mogs teaching just in case a group heal needed and yshtola with mako might, thyrus, armor breakdown, protecga.

Each double cut was hitting for between 6 and 7k per slice, so you do the math, I barely had stone skin up before she entered her second form.

X is all offensive synergy for me, only have a wizards armlet ++ and a bright armguard 4 for defense.
Lightning steel
Variable steel
Shimmering blade

Left at home was the brotherhood, I could have rolled four attackers hitting at12-14k per turn. If I had sg instead of ssII, I would have thrown tyro into the fray. Granted, tyro wouldn't quite hit those numbers, but probably clear 8k per turn.

We'll see how he ultimate plays out of this is a viable strategy there.

Kaiterra

Banned
Advantauntaliated to a Clear but not Mastery vs. Exdeath. Missed the Lightning medals because my plan of using Carbuncle to get those only worked for fire and ice. The transition to Weak Mode using that strategy is really rough because I had to set up Stoneskin II and Advance and Carbuncle right in the moment of the fight where he does the most damage, but I only lost two of those medals.

MicH

I feel like this game is throwing growth eggs at me faster than I can spend them. 10 Major Growth Eggs in the login today is insane as well as all the characters and MCs in events that get changed to a GGE instead. I really should start egging some characters up even if they are at level 50 already

Falk

that puzzling face
I feel like this game is throwing growth eggs at me faster than I can spend them. 10 Major Growth Eggs in the login today is insane as well as all the characters and MCs in events that get changed to a GGE instead. I really should start egging some characters up even if they are at level 50 already

Actually, the curve from 65 to 80 is pretty brutal.

On the bright side though, events generally are going to award more 4* eggs just from the sheer number of characters and MC1s brought back in each event.

New dungeon drop and bonus battles tonight. Good lord. Just finished the last round of dungeons, so I'll be good to go with enough stam to get a quick refresh and then tackle the bonus battles.

MicH

Ack, I'm still three dungeons + elites short of finishing the last dungeon update.

Can't wait to try out Yunalesca Ultimate. Since I can't use my Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth I'm seriously considering including Y'shtola (SSII) and Red XIII (Lunatic High) in my party and use a Healing Grimoire RW for the fight

Falk

that puzzling face
New dungeon drop and bonus battles tonight. Good lord. Just finished the last round of dungeons, so I'll be good to go with enough stam to get a quick refresh and then tackle the bonus battles.

I figured they'd be staggered.

Oh well, works out considering bonus battles now take 180stam - detour for a stam slingshot after + and ++ works for me.

Kaiterra

Banned
I'm so far behind in dungeons I don't think I CAN ever catch up without mythril refreshes. Right now I'm doing Castle Walse Elite, for Pete's sake.

I'm so far behind in dungeons I don't think I CAN ever catch up without mythril refreshes. Right now I'm doing Castle Walse Elite, for Pete's sake.

You'll be surprised how fast you'll blow through some of that old elite content. I just beat the ffvi elite where you fight behemoth king/undead behemoth and other then the fact they were hp sponges the whole dungeon was fairly easy. It did make me want to more then ever make Meteor just because Ruinga drop off is real and it hurts.

Also now that I've honed aja's to r3-r4 its amazing how much faster I can kill things by putting in a second black mage at this point. When enemies have more health then my melee fighters can reasonably one-two shot melee users become rather useless.

I'm behind on Normal Dungeons again

also still haven't finished up the regular battles for this event. Been playing off/on since the New Year started

Falk

that puzzling face
We have guys who started in October beating endgame content right now.

YOU CAN CATCH UP

YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

and have lots of Advance on your friends list

I thought I was doing well in the catch up game considering I beat all classics and have been pounding away at elites, for giggles I decided to count how many more elites till I was caught up

About 100 more

Falk.jpg

That was good timing. I just finished the dungeon update 10 minutes before the next one dropped.

Well I say finished I'm currently waiting for stamina to finish Mt. Gulug pt 2 elite. I suppose I technically have the Spellblade MC to get as well (well a 4* egg...) but no stamina shard there means low priority.

I shouldn't be up this late :(

My first ever Unique 5* from 100 gems, way to go!

Magical Mog

Also managed to clear a grand total of 1 dungeon today due to failing Dark Bahamut (haha...) and having to redo Desert Palace Elite due to not taking Carbuncle the first time around.

MicH

Boss rush and ++ difficulty down. Currently on 4 stamina shards so I'm doing a 46 stamina dungeon with a shard to get a refresh and do the +++ and Yunalesca Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom