• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 gem got me a FFX 5 star dagger thief blade, guess between that and the 2 4* ffx blades I pulled from ssb my ffx melee damage issue is gone

Tidd

So, is Bartz a good character, never used him before, but I just pulled his Brave Blade with my 100gems pull. 5 attacks + an attack boost sounds great.

Xetherion

Quite possibly the best 4* in the game, I use it pretty much all the time.

Its stats aren't good enough for me to use outside of VI dungeons, but with RS it's pretty awesome. This was my 2nd copy too so i combined to make a 4*+, which gives a whopping 38 atk with RS!

So, is Bartz a good character, never used him before, but I just pulled his Brave Blade with my 100gems pull. 5 attacks + an attack boost sounds great.

Bartz is a pretty good character, he has access to a lot of good skills. With that SB he should be a permanent member of your party unless you go mage meta.

Almost anytime you pull a characters 5* that basically makes them great (except for Josef and Kimarhi lol)

Falk

that puzzling face
FFX event soon. Sigh.

Am I the only one that hates FFX stuff in this game? The bosses are annoying and I don't really care for any of the characters and I have no FFX synergy.

I crack up every time the extra-slow victory jingle plays.

FFX event soon. Sigh.

Am I the only one that hates FFX stuff in this game? The bosses are annoying and I don't really care for any of the characters and I have no FFX synergy.

Edit: good lord. Tidus is just worthless now. Why would I ever use him over Bartz or Vaan? His ability selection is abysmal.

I mean at this point there's no other ffx events besides for X2 correct? We're pretty tapped out at this point so that should be a relief

Negator

Bartz is one of the best characters in the game. If you got his Brave Blade he's pretty much going to be one of your go to characters. In fact he never stops being good.

Weird interaction with Brave Blade though. If you are using Steal Power, and then use the SB, the 50% buff from Steal Power is overwritten with the 30% atk buff. lol.

Well this event completes the waifu trifecta by introducing Rikku, so all complaints are invalid.

True. I just unlocked her and put Steal Power and Tempo Flurry on her. Something Tidus wishes he could do.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean at this point there's no other ffx events besides for X2 correct? We're pretty tapped out at this point so that should be a relief

There's the Jecht event. X-2/dressphere event is after that, but I'm fully expecting a Seymour event somewhere along the line since all the other villains are playable.

FFX spoiler:
no, Jecht doesn't count go away

broz0rs

Did an 11-pull on the 2nd FFV banner and got two Brave Blades, Ice Brand, and a Ninja Suit. Not going to combine Brave Blades though so that I can allow Faris, Gilgamesh, and Bartz to all have 5* synergy swords. Very happy with this pull.

There's the Jecht event. X-2/dressphere event is after that, but I'm fully expecting a Seymour event somewhere along the line since all the other villains are playable.

FFX spoiler:
no, Jecht doesn't count go away

Jecht is the playable villain from FFX in the Dissidia games, while I wouldn't be surprised if Seymore gets the Reno treatment Seymore is a c tier antagonist in the FFX story. He's not sin/jecht the big monster causing the problems, he's not Yu Yevon who created the stupid mess, he's just an ass hole who wants to keep it going and bang a hot asian chick

B.K.

Where does the version of Final Fantasy they're using in the home screen come from? Is it an original version made for the game or is it from some album?

ultra7k

Whew, just beat ExDeath after trying all day yesterday and today. Tried a variety of strategies, but always made it the furthest with Mage meta.

Would have got master except for his last earthquake spell which hit me just as SG wore off killing 3 characters.

Reflect saved the day and Rinoa polished him off with a final thundaja.

This fight really forced me to hone my abilities (was trying to get by on r2), but ended up using a good amount of orbs.

Glad I beat this fight. Is it true that the game now keeps track of the ultimate fights you've beat?

Falk

that puzzling face
Jecht is the playable villain from FFX in the Dissidia games, while I wouldn't be surprised if Seymore gets the Reno treatment Seymore is a c tier antagonist in the FFX story. He's not sin/jecht the big monster causing the problems, he's not Yu Yevon who created the stupid mess, he's just an ass hole who wants to keep it going and bang a hot asian chick

Edea isn't the main villain either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MrDaravon

Wow, actually got Wakka's All-Rounder from my 100-gem pull. Of course this happens after I swapped him out for Tyro after I got Tyros Wall relic, but still.

LucaMac

Exdeaths doom keeps getting more than one character right at the end. Id say he'd 2% health left. Could have finished him I'd say but when its that close mastery I kind of had to s/l. He's done it a few times now though...the prick.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Umm, does Advance prevent the boss from sapping you? Got hit by that instant KO thingie.

Ah, maybe Cloud is too good and resists it or something. ll

Seymour is a temp party member in FF X, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets added for that reason alone.

But as far as the X realm goes, I'd rather see Paine first =)

Edea isn't the main villain either ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly forgot Seymore temp joined the party, so yeah he'll likely be playable eventually. And Edea was temp playable like Seifer so that makes sense as well.

Grzi

Not sure if I should pull from the FFV banner. I'm not strong enough to tackle the advanced content in that event anyway.
I'd like to get the Brave Blade but that's about it. I could do it but then I'd only get one 50 mythril pull from the FFX banner, if I skip FFV I could do two pulls.
Or I could just sit on my mythril since the only relic that interests me is Auron's weapon.
Still bummed I couldn't get the Cutting Trigger.

Negator

Umm, does Advance prevent the boss from sapping you? Got hit by that instant KO thingie.

Ah, maybe Cloud is too good and resists it or something. ll

Use Dragoon's Determination and Self Sacrifice for that fight. If you're going to be sapped anyway, might as well get huge stat boosts out of it.

Edit: Apparently the sap debuff lasts 40 seconds. Just let your Retaliator get hit by tentacles just before the last phase for safety.

Not sure if I should pull from the FFV banner. I'm not strong enough to tackle the advanced content in that event anyway.
I'd like to get the Brave Blade but that's about it. I could do it but then I'd only get one 50 mythril pull from the FFX banner, if I skip FFV I could do two pulls.
Or I could just sit on my mythril since the only relic that interests me is Auron's weapon.
Still bummed I couldn't get the Cutting Trigger.

Lenna's Staff, Bartz's Sword, and Faris' bow are all really strong items on really good characters. If it's a choice between the FF5 and FF10 banners it's not even a contest. Most of the relics in FF10 banner are awful.

I have two red notifications on my home icon on the bottom of the screen, but I can't find anywhere where these should be.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Feels like they made the +/++/+++ battles a joke in the ffv event so that everyone can get a stab at the new ultimate battle. Waiting for stamina to refill to sleep murder melusine. The battle with regular ExDeath was harder then any of the challenge battles so far.

MicH

Feels like they made the +/++/+++ battles a joke in the ffv event so that everyone can get a stab at the new ultimate battle. Waiting for stamina to refill to sleep murder melusine. The battle with regular ExDeath was harder then any of the challenge battles so far.
Yeah the +++ battle is ridiculously easy once you apply sleep and go mage meta

My $1 on the X banner gave me another Macaroni and Cheese Sword.

Since I have Tidus's soul break sword also, I don't think I need three 5★, eh? Time to combine?

MrDaravon

I've spent a total of at least 2 hours now trying to fucking beat Exdeath at difficulty 99 and just can't goddamn do it. Have full team with decent FFV synergy all between 55-65, and even with a wall RW his weak form just fucking wrecks me. If I could start having SB gauge so I could get Tyro's SG up and Lenna's Regen up or something I could probably do it, but goddamn this is infuriating. Normally I wouldn't bother at this point but I desperately want Lenna's MC2.

Oops. Just did the last elite of the FFX event without bringing Yuna so 20 stamina wasted (lost 3 medals, max you can lose to champion is 2). A reminder to always read the conditions.

Also, I really should have picked that crappy candle relic...

Negator

I've spent a total of at least 2 hours now trying to fucking beat Exdeath at difficulty 99 and just can't goddamn do it. Have full team with decent FFV synergy all between 55-65, and even with a wall RW his weak form just fucking wrecks me. If I could start having SB gauge so I could get Tyro's SG up and Lenna's Regen up or something I could probably do it, but goddamn this is infuriating. Normally I wouldn't bother at this point but I desperately want Lenna's MC2.

Do you have Cloud's MC2? If you do, you can put Mako Might on Tyro.

Are you bringing Shellga and Magic Breakdown? If anything, just be overly defensive and bring two white mages to help out. You're trying to just clear it to get to Lenna, so if you don't master it immediately you can still proceed.

If anything, try a setup similar to my ultimate setup to make sure all the buffs you need are covered.

MrDaravon

Do you have Cloud's MC2? If you do, you can put Mako Might on Tyro.

Are you bringing Shellga and Magic Breakdown?

I just got his MC2 in VoM, but I need to go get Soldier Counter, I never got around to getting that so Mako Might isn't unlockable yet. I'll go do that right now I suppose, that's only a 50 difficulty dungeon so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm bringing both Shellga and Protectga (since Vacuum Blade is also a problem), I didn't bring any Breaks since he resists them and I was having shit luck getting anything to apply. I'm not actually sure if I have Magic Breakdown specifically though, I'll take a look and if not see if I can make it and try that.

Negator

I just got his MC2 in VoM, but I need to go get Soldier Counter, I never got around to getting that so Mako Might isn't unlockable yet. I'll go do that right now I suppose, that's only a 50 difficulty dungeon so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm bringing both Shellga and Protectga (since Vacuum Blade is also a problem), I didn't bring any Breaks since he resists them and I was having shit luck getting anything to apply. I'm not actually sure if I have Magic Breakdown specifically though, I'll take a look and if not see if I can make it and try that.

He does resist the breaks, yes, but they work at half effectiveness. That's still good for a fight like this where every HP matters. I strongly recommend Magic Breakdown and Power Breakdown/Steal Power. You can bring Magic/Power Break instead, it's still worth bringing.

MrDaravon

He does resist the breaks, yes, but they work at half effectiveness. That's still good for a fight like this where every HP matters. I strongly recommend Magic Breakdown and Power Breakdown/Steal Power. You can bring Magic/Power Break instead, it's still worth bringing.

Yeah I'll need to see what I can make, I only had the regular 3* breaks previously. I didn't have the best luck with orb drops during orbfest to be honest (still can't make Full Break etc) but I'll see if I can at least get some of the Breakdowns.

I wasn't gonna sweat doing the Ultimate but now I see it has Major Earth Orbs, so sweat it is.

I'm thinking of doing two eleven pulls on the second V banner, I have no natural 5★ here and all the items seem solid (with a tiny chance for a full party heal).

Or should I just wait until the next Soul Break Celebration? Cause I could probably do two pulls on each when it comes around at my current Mythril stock.

I dunno, 3 5* RS swords with 3 lv80 protagonists and Planet Protector sounds like fun.
This is true, too bad I only have one (unhoned) Barrage.

Based advantaliate RNG jesus christ

akOkv7Gl.png

A lazy setup, sazh with boon, carbuncle, double cuts no FFV weapon synergy and just hope for the best.

Xetherion

Exdeath's Vacuum Wave in the Lvl. 99 fight is only single target, which means Draw Fire works on it. If you bring Gilgamesh (or use Tyro for this if you lack Gilgamesh) with Retaliate and Draw Fire you can completely negate his physical attacks and eliminate the need for Protectga.

Shellga, Magic Breakdown, and Wall should reduce his magic damage to pitiful amounts, so you should be good once you can get Wall up.

Whelp I underestimated Melusine's hp and put drainga on one of my mages by mistake, ran out of cast, sleep wore off, and she one shot me :X

Will try again in an hour, switched out drainga for fira r5 (I could make firaga but I dunno if I need 2x firaga and a firaja at this point) and honed up ifrit to r4 and threw faith on Lenna instead of curaga to boost the damage of my fira/aga users. Will also try and bring a trance fire terra for a few extra fire hits.

MrDaravon

Just got Soldier Counter, it looks like that can be unlocked anywhere right, it's not realm-specific? If so, what's the best way to get it, just throw Cloud in a party by himself and do the daily on the easiest difficulty or something?

Also this is where my main party is at for Exdeath attempts, still playing around a bit with some of the setup but the gear at least is pretty much in place:

I have jack shit for RM's, I just broke a lot of level caps over the last couple of weeks but that was while orbfest was running so I was pretty focused on that. I'm only at 115 Stamina so normally I'd be focusing on clearing core dungeons and whatnot right now but I want Lenna's MC2 since I use her and she's at 65 sooooo. Also still bummed that even after orbfest I still can't make Barrage, Full Break, etc :(.

Open to any suggestions; I got the Brave Blade (but not Lenna's Staff sadly), would it actually be worthwhile enough to use eggs to level Bartz up to 50 then unlock that SB just for this one battle? My mage meta sucks, the Lullaby Rod is literally both my best MAG and MND weapon, normally I have it on Terra but that 3++ rod I have winds up being slightly better just because of the RS. I'm trying Retaliate with Cloud but if I'm not running Advance I'm not sure if it's worth it or not? Although if I get Mako Might so I can just pop SG with Tyro immediately I guess I could just rock an Advance RW instead of Boon or whatever?

I feel like I'm getting fairly close to being able to start tackling some of the more endgame stuff, my mage stuff still sucking horribly is kind of a drag though.

Exdeath's Vacuum Wave in the Lvl. 99 fight is only single target, which means Draw Fire works on it. If you bring Gilgamesh (or use Tyro for this if you lack Gilgamesh) with Retaliate and Draw Fire you can completely negate his physical attacks and eliminate the need for Protectga.

Shellga, Magic Breakdown, and Wall should reduce his magic damage to pitiful amounts, so you should be good once you can get Wall up.

I...somehow have zero Power Orbs lol. So I can't even make Draw Fire. Hmm. Power Orb daily is Thursdays so I I can't wait until that since this event goes away Tuesday. I'll look and see if I can find out if there's any core dungeon stuff I haven't done yet that guarantees Power Orbs on completion maybe? Alternatively if I can get SG up immediately with Mako Might I might not need to worry about it.

Falk

that puzzling face
JP has 11 more FFV dungeons and one more event, so it will behoove you to get Bartz up to speed

Speaking of which, they really are stretching out optional/postgame content, heh.

(FF6 the most guilty of this, but then again WoR kind of had a 'make up your own story' framework to it)

MrDaravon

JP has 11 more FFV dungeons and one more event, so it will behoove you to get Bartz up to speed

Sure, I just wasn't sure if it was worth putting eggs into right this second for this particular battle or not. I've only been playing for like 3 months so right now I'm trying to spread out my leveling a bit where I've got at least 1 person in every realm at at least 50, then two people and so on.

Speaking of which, they really are stretching out optional/postgame content, heh.

(FF6 the most guilty of this, but then again WoR kind of had a 'make up your own story' framework to it)

Sure, but I mean I guess they have to right? Once they use up all of the story content from a title they either have to start introducing more spin-off games or do original/core content I guess.

Just because I love the character I decided to grab Auron in the FFX event and my 100 gem pull was the Shooting Star weapon. I was overjoyed. Swapped him in instead of Sephy since I can actually break his level cap and he can also use Darkmoon.

Have also been using Galuf to great effect since he was the first memory crystal I got and I gave him Motor Drive (5*). Very effective at dishing damage, especially with counter attack as a Memory Crystal. Though, I don't know if him having no skills is due to it not being possible or I just haven't made the right ones. Also, is he alright as a bare handed fighter or could I do better potentially?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom