• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that this is an option, if all else fails (use fire).

I have a decent 4★+ axe for V, but Clod is not masculine enough to wield it, so I'd have to use Gilgamesh (he should be close enough anyway with the synergy level bonus).
I also saw this free equipment only Ultimate Exdeath clear. This of course is another reason why I'm kicking myself for not picking the candle (I forgot how much cure healed and thought it would only be around 500 AoE). It can be done without having that but needs even more luck than that already lucky run.

Kaiterra

Banned
Feels like they made the +/++/+++ battles a joke in the ffv event so that everyone can get a stab at the new ultimate battle. Waiting for stamina to refill to sleep murder melusine. The battle with regular ExDeath was harder then any of the challenge battles so far.

I had a hard time with these.

Until I made two extra copies of Sleep. TAKE THAT!

Just because I love the character I decided to grab Auron in the FFX event and my 100 gem pull was the Shooting Star weapon. I was overjoyed. Swapped him in instead of Sephy since I can actually break his level cap and he can also use Darkmoon.

Have also been using Galuf to great effect since he was the first memory crystal I got and I gave him Motor Drive (5*). Very effective at dishing damage, especially with counter attack as a Memory Crystal. Though, I don't know if him having no skills is due to it not being possible or I just haven't made the right ones. Also, is he alright as a bare handed fighter or could I do better potentially?

I haven't had much luck with making monks notably effective characters in general despite having relics for Galuf and Tifa. Though Galuf hits like a truck in FFV levels so I guess he has that going for him.

I also saw this free equipment only Ultimate Exdeath clear. This of course is another reason why I'm kicking myself for not picking the candle (I forgot how much cure healed and thought it would only be around 500 AoE). It can be done without having that but needs even more luck than that already lucky run.
Gonna try this next time my mage meta party can't deal enough damage. My team is basically this but better so it should work fine pending the I get lucky with his spells reflecting for mastery :|

ezodagrom

Tried Yunalesca just for fun, since my party is only lvl 54 atm I wasn't expecting to actually clear it, even if barely. xD

LLIpJh0.jpg

MrDaravon

Is Mako Might a pain in the ass RM to get to drop like some of the others? As far as I can tell it doesn't require you to be in a specific realm, but to be safe I've been doing the easy daily today since it's FFVII. I'm also doing it with Cloud solo since I'm not sure if actions taken per that character increase the odds or not. That said I'm getting nowhere with it so far, at around 200 Stamina spent which isn't really upsetting or anything but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something or doing it wrong? I've got Soldier Counter and his MC2.

I got insanely lucky with Mako Might. It dropped on the very first battle after using his MC2. I initially thought that all MC2 RMs worked like that.

MrDaravon

I got insanely lucky with Mako Might. It dropped on the very first battle after using his MC2. I initially thought that all MC2 RMs worked like that.

Goddamn nice. I'm just making sure I'm not missing something about how it works since I'm not sure if it's based on how many actions the character takes or what. If it's just a flat % per battle I'm thinking it would be better to run that 1 Stamina set of FFIV levels or something maybe.

JTran2003

Goddamn nice. I'm just making sure I'm not missing something about how it works since I'm not sure if it's based on how many actions the character takes or what. If it's just a flat % per battle I'm thinking it would be better to run that 1 Stamina set of FFIV levels or something maybe.

I got mine a few battles in after breaking Clouds second lvl cap. Was during an event as well. Just based on luck I assume...

I try to slowly build a melee party with the very few ATK weapons I got from pulls, integrating Leon with HotE. Just to show how unmelee I am, I have 400 Greater Power Orbs... Which 4* abilities are great? All that I really honed are Steal Power to R2 or R3 (Tyro would Magic Breakdown U. Exdeath for close to 8000) and R5 launch. I could hone a few Pounds or Dismissal but I don't want to move too quickly knowing new abilities are coming.

I have all my -aja to R4 and I thought that maybe I should start working on melee before starting a new set for my mages. If I had a Hastega or Lulu's Pin I would keep going hardcore on mages but it's not the case. I think that my mage team will still be strong enough to beat most content but I want to be ready for the day where I will get to a fight where they simply won't be the answer. Thanks!

MrDaravon

Hahahaha just got it, first time the whole bitching on GAF thing has actually worked for me.

But yeah if it's based on enemy kills running the daily dungeon on easy is probably the most efficient way I guess, since the 1 Stamina battles I was thinking of were just one round.

elty

So looking at Exdeath ++++

My AE heal is on Aeris (which has no regen), and I do have SG.

So it looks like I need the following mandatory character

Aeris
Lenna
Tyro

Then I need to use either a hastega RW or advance. But I only have a 4*++ axe for RS weapon.

Too bad it cost 60 stamina, make me hesitate to try.

MrDaravon

Yay I did it! Getting Mako Might so I could pop Tyro's SG immediately made all the difference, with that I rolled in with Planet Protector and did it first try even though I had a couple skills wrong. Only got Expert but I'm fine with that.

Now I have to see if I can pull off the next two battles though >_>

elty

This is nice

Vacuum Wave !
Blizzaga!
Firega!

all in the span of 3 seconds on speed 1.

And then...

30 tries later...

still no go

Road

Done with Faris/Krile event.

2vs3w.jpg
zqkuh.png
vljlp.png

Exdeath wasn't as hard as I feared. It helps he doesn't start with party wiping moves. Killed on 2nd try (I s/l'd once just because he did that early Dispel). Got to the weak phase with nearly full hp, then the double attack + instant cast per round was hard to keep up with, it doesn't help he got an Earth Shaker when SSII wasn't up. Was getting to ready to s/l, but did it.

After the fight, I realized I should have brought Ashe instead of Rinoa, since I have her pitiful AoE heal, which would be perfect to use near the end -- Rinoa just defended the last two rounds. Worse, Yshtola still hasn't learned Stoneskin II, so I couldn't even bring the Xmas Candle.

Opted to go with Magic Lure + Reflect to complement the damage -- he did nearly 30k to himself.

If it didn't cost absurd 60 stamina, I would try different parties for fun. But I have the entire last dungeon update to finish and there's another one coming up soon, supposedly.

So looking at Exdeath ++++

My AE heal is on Aeris (which has no regen), and I do have SG.

That's exactly what I had to work with.

I gave Tyro my strongest weapon, put him front row to alternate between Steal Power and Magic Breakdown for 7-8k damage.

I used 2 Thunder Rod++ on my first 2 BLM and my strongest no RS rod on my 3rd BLM. Aerith's had Shellga and Curaja + a RM boosting SB gain for more AoE cure. I had the Witch Hat on one of my BLM with Mako Might for MAG boost from the start.

I gave one of the 3 required -ja at R4 on each BLM. What was a game changer was Drainga R2 on the 2 squishiest BLM. Went down fairly well after a few SL. As long as SG is up when he enters his weak phase it should go fine.

Oh! RW was Lunatic High.

Falk

that puzzling face
It helps he doesn't start with party wiping moves.

This

This

So much this. Enjoying the game now as much as I did when +++ or Dark Bahamut just came out. Unless you're skirting the can do/can't do line, experience isn't being padded out by 2/3rds 'ha ha I open with AOE, pls savescum'.

Hello,

Im thinking of starting this game soon after I beat Yakuza 5. I read some of the beginner tips on reddit but was wondering if people here could toss me some advice/tips for starting out.

I'm running an old 460 gtx with an I5 760. The benchmark test looked to run fine so I think im good for now in that department.

I was wondering what were some of the more populated West Coast servers. What is the state of classes at the moment for dps? like I heard bard/machinist kind of suck outside of buffs but I don't know if that info is outdated.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hello,

Im thinking of starting this game soon after I beat Yakuza 5. I read some of the beginner tips on reddit but was wondering if people here could toss me some advice/tips for starting out.

I'm running an old 460 gtx with an I5 760. The benchmark test looked to run fine so I think im good for now in that department.

I was wondering what were some of the more populated West Coast servers. What is the state of classes at the moment for dps? like I heard bard/machinist kind of suck outside of buffs but I don't know if that info is outdated.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128008

Looks like I overestimated how far behind I was with all the events... It's back to Dailies in a few hours!

For "dead" days, I am very interested in auto-farming Zorn and Thorn in Mount Gulug, Part 2(Elite) for MBO and GBO at 21 Stamina. As long as your character with Zealot is fast enough (just go with high speed character) they will never attack, you can just leave your party unattended on Auto. Can take a while but you don't need to play. Can also use some abilities to make the first few rounds faster. They are, of course, repeatable.

Grzi

Starting to run low on stamina, the game is slowing down a bit now, so I did a 3 relic pull from the FFV banner since it's impossible for me to get 35 mythril in two days unless I play all day and don't sleep lol. Got three 3* armors. :(
I'll probably skip the FFX banner, there's no way I'll get a weapon for Auron or Tidus with my luck.
Rinoa is great though, got her up to level 50 and she's dishing out some serious damage with the -aga spells.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Starting to run low on stamina, the game is slowing down a bit now, so I did a 3 relic pull from the FFV banner since it's impossible for me to get 35 mythril in two days unless I play all day and don't sleep lol. Got three 3* armors. :(
I'll probably skip the FFX banner, there's no way I'll get a weapon for Auron or Tidus with my luck.
Rinoa is great though, got her up to level 50 and she's dishing out some serious damage with the -aga spells.

Asked my girlfriend to do a 3x pull for me in the first FFV banner. As usual, she (and me...) got lucky: a 5* Thunder Rod (FF IV, no SB), a 4* Crystal Bangle (FF VII, combined into a 4+) and a 4* Hypnocrown.

re: Sundaily EXP/New Characters

If you had all the characters and crystals for the X event, other than Rikku, then you would net: (assuming I added those correctly of course)

30 3*s
18 4*s
5 5*s

2,450,000 in exp

Not including the dungeon bonus quest.

That is enough egg experience to take one new character directly to level 60 with some left over. This is what I'll be doing from here on out with any new event characters and to 50 for any storyline characters (few). I will then be running the Sundaily with 3 MC2 characters and 2 MC1 Characters. Despite the exp reduction from the previous festival I did manage to cap a number of characters.

The upcoming event list through the expected next festival:
IV- Rosa/Edge
XIII-Fang
VII-Yuffie
IX-Beatrix
XII-Penelo
VI-Kefka
I
V-Exdeath
X-Jecht

As you can see, we are getting 1 new character and occasionally an mc for an older character (Quina) other than the IV event, so we old players are not going to be facing an egg crisis anytime soon, and the surplus will be going up due log in rewards and egg drops from the daily.

So I will be running for this Sundaily: Rikku, Reno (as he is the next up for an event with rs for a sub 65 character I have) Cecil due to the event, Tidus due to the current event, and Tyro because I took his stormlance grimoire and want to see what he can do leveled. Will swap Tidus for Sephiroth for next Sunday.

The focus is definitely on driving the mc2 characters to level 80, it is something like 3m exp from 65 to 80.

MrDaravon

It was really fucking dumb how much easier the two stages after Exdeath were -_-.

Mako Might + Tyro's SG was clearly the gamechanger I needed, there's no way I would have been clearing this content before but now it's not a problem. Still mad I didn't get Lenna's Staff, having SG + her SB from that Staff would have been a fantastic setup for me :(

Chucker

I've been out of this forever, after switching to my 6s in September and foolishly didn't get the linking code/facebook w/e.

I'm getting back up to speed, but what the heck are Soul of a Hero, and where can I get them, so I can grab some of the old characters I had back?

Thaaaaanks.

I've been out of this forever, after switching to my 6s in September and foolishly didn't get the linking code/facebook w/e.

I'm getting back up to speed, but what the heck are Soul of a Hero, and where can I get them, so I can grab some of the old characters I had back?

Thaaaaanks.

You missed the event by a few days. It's only the redemption period now. :(

Thaaaaanks.

Was part of an event that just ended, the period to turn in the souls goes a week after the event proper ended so you're sol until the next recollection event.

MrDaravon

If you have another similar relic, Tyro's RM3 does the exact same thing as Mako Might.

Yeah I see that now. I already use Tyro and have his first two RM's so I guess I've just been unlucky in getting it so far. I only just got his MC2 during VoM though.

Now that Orbfest is over and I've got Lenna's MC2 I can finally try to focus on clearing core dungeons to get my Stamina up (only at 115 still ._.) as well as knocking out some RM stuff.

What's the next notable banner event, I think SSSB or FFT in a few months I think?

I think that I have enough eggs to cap everyone I have and then some. I don't know why I don't do it, I will end up never using most of my eggs. One thing that I have been doing is what you wrote, I egg new characters that are a medal requirement or have a good RM right to 50-60!

For me eggs are exactly for that, emergency "I need this character for a difficult elite boss" or "I need their rm for something asap"

Edit: after saying this, I just optimized lenna to break her second level cap since I have no reason to use her but start with greater regen sounds nice

MrDaravon

For me eggs are exactly for that, emergency "I need this character for a difficult elite boss" or "I need their rm for something asap"

Edit: after saying this, I just optimized lenna to break her second level cap since I have no reason to use her but start with greater regen sounds nice

For that RM I'm assuming the greater regen is just for her and not the party right?

Negator

Amazing how Steal Power has pretty much pushed every other physical damage dealer aside from Spellblades out of my party.

My typical party comp is now Spellblade/Thief/Support/Black Mage/White Mage. The #2 slot was always somewhat of a flex slot but now it's always being taken up by a thief.

JTran2003

I think that I have enough eggs to cap everyone I have and then some. I don't know why I don't do it, I will end up never using most of my eggs. One thing that I have been doing is what you wrote, I egg new characters that are a medal requirement or have a good RM right to 50-60!

I have that issue as well until today. Thought I would try the exp daily to level up normally and it gives you growth eggs. Got curious on how many I had and noticed I had 1000 growth eggs that would not grow after that number. I assume it is capped at 1000 so o started using them just to use them that way I don't have to worry about extras I may get in the future that can't be added to the inventory.

WarAdept

Finally got around to Faris/Krile's event. Man Mastering ExDeath Ultimate was intense. Based Advantilate. I'm going to cry when it won't work anymore (looks like I can't use it for Yunalesca?)

The game REALLY wants me to use Galuf. Got both his relics now, but at least he's useful for buffing the party with a mini Planet Protector.

Would really love Faris' bow. I could see her being my main Support character (her skillet is tops).

alcheim

Help. I can't seem to master the elite Yunalesca battle.

I'm trying to beat it with a full FFX party, but I'm not fast enough to defeat her before sap takes out one of the characters. Even reviving the character still results in 3 medals lost.

I'm using:

Tidus (Dismissal, Tempo Flurry),
Khimari (Soaring Jump, Wind Jump),
Auron (Pound, Barrage),
Lulu (Drainga, Meteor),
Yuna (Curaja, Phoenix)

nacarelli

Neo Member

I'm trying to beat it with a full FFX party, but I'm not fast enough to defeat her before sap takes out one of the characters. Even reviving the character still results in 3 medals lost.

I'm using:

Auron (Pound, Barrage),
Lulu (Drainga, Meteor),
Yuna (Curaja, Phoenix)

You are lacking mitigation there. Magic Breakdown, Power Breakdown (or Steal Power) and/or Full Break, not to mention something like Sentinel Grimoire or SSII as RW, at least.

I don't know what character you have and what equipment, but I would totally get Kimahri out and put a Support character there. You already have enough damage output as it is.

Also, show us your hones. She has a considerable amount of HP and,while Barrage and Meteor have some serious multipliers, it's quite hard to have them above R2 even if you are a Day 1 player. You could swap them with some aja magic, if you have them.

I'm using:

Auron (Pound, Barrage),
Lulu (Drainga, Meteor),
Yuna (Curaja, Phoenix)

Khimari sucks replace him with a support or another mage, you really don't need a summoner better off using another healer with support like Y'Sholta for a breakdown hit or anyone with shellga/protectega.

Road

You could try an unconventional way... This is how I beat Yunalesca Elite:

For a FFX party, I guess you could replace Cloud with Auron, using Magic Break and perfectly timing your Retaliates so you don't get hit, praying Safety Bit will protect you from Mega Death (or use Galuf to avoid it the automatic one when she reaches 50% HP).

Khimari sucks replace him with a support or another mage, you really don't need a summoner better off using another healer with support like Y'Sholta for a breakdown hit or anyone with shellga/protectega.

You need to take Yuna for the mastery condition, but, yeah, she should be doing Protega or Shellga instead of Phoenix. That guy setup is all weird, to be honest, especially for someone who has 5* abilities...

alcheim

Thanks for all the suggestions! I haven't used Cloud (or any of the more powerful characters since they're already near their level cap)

Ability Hones are:
Meteor (R2)
Phoenix (R4)
Drainga (R3)
Barrage (R2)
Pound (R4)
Tempo Flurry, Dismissal, Curaja, Soaring Jump, Wind Jump (all R5)

Weapons and gear are mainly 5* (from honed 3*s) except for Khimari who has his 5* Dusk lance.

Character levels are around 60-65 (except for Yuna who's already at 65). I guess my mindset was focused on using this party so I could level them up and take advantage of realm synergy. I was trying to get some experience for Khimari so he'd master his Soulbreak. Guess I'll switch him for Riku instead.

Initially, I tried using Renewing Cure and Kirin to counteract sap, but discovered that Regen cures Sap, so I'd get one-shotted by Mega Death (Safety bit doesn't work since Yunalesca seems to target someone else).

I totally ignored using Breaks/Breakdowns since bosses started becoming resistant to them. But I'll take your advice and use them. Also, probably find a RW with shell / protect to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom