• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah it could be paced better but i think most realms are at least in final third of the story now?

Early on events filled in the gaps in the paintings. That's why no Sector 7 support pillar, Mt Ordeals, etc. too.

Then somewhere along the line I guess they realized what a stupid idea that was since it'd eventually make for a really disjointed set of paintings.

Also repeating bosses for events = less effort !:D

Rubicante U is going to be interesting for someone who relies on Advance to get through the hardest of content. I know you can break his turtle using Steal skills, but still...

Why? Apparently they fixed his stupid mechanic now its every 3 turns he hides behind the cape so just halt retaliate attacks shortly after the second attack to lower damage of the 3rd and heal up/thief skill out of the cloak.

WarAdept

Why? Apparently they fixed his stupid mechanic now its every 3 turns he hides behind the cape so just halt retaliate attacks shortly after the second attack to lower damage of the 3rd and heal up/thief skill out of the cloak.

Ah I wasn't aware it was fixed. I was going by the Elite version where I've had the idiot hide through an entire duration of Boon and then some.

I can create and hone Flare or Meteor.

I can also hone my Barrage or Full Break.

Flare seems better for general super boss use and I have Valefor/Alexander at x4.

My love for Advance/Planet Protector is pushing me toward Barrage, but I guess Full Break is probably the smart money.

I can create and hone Flare or Meteor.

I can also hone my Barrage or Full Break.

Flare seems better for general super boss use and I have Valefor/Alexander at x4.

My love for Advance/Planet Protector is pushing me toward Barrage, but I guess Full Break is probably the smart money.

Full break > meteor > barrage > flare

Flare seems fairly worthless unless you can hone it up to like r3+

With my current two uses of meteor how useful is it really? Seems like bringing it to battle is a poor choice due to its use count.

I mean you wouldn't bring any of those skills unless they were honed up minus full break which is infinitely useful even at r1, but it you're going to hone one of them up that's the order you should do them imo.

I mean you wouldn't bring any of those skills unless they were honed up minus full break which is infinitely useful even at r1, but it you're going to hone one of them up that's the order you should do them imo.

Gotcha. I guess I need a few hones on Meteor for it to make sense. And you're right, Full Break, even at R1 is super useful.

Gotcha. I guess I need a few hones on Meteor for it to make sense. And you're right, Full Break, even at R1 is super useful.

Meteor at r1 with mana spring 2 is useful for mob clearing as a qol improvement over ruinga but probably not worth bringing to any single stage bosses.

Edit: like negator said

I mean, how much more powerful is Meteor vs. 4★ summons? To me, unless it's major, Meteor is useless until it can hit x6 and that ain't happening.

Flare seems good though, even at x4. Ultimate boss without weakness takes about 7000 or so from a 4★ spell (in my thus far small experience), so if Flare can hit or near cap, you would get 8000-12000 extra damage.

MicH

I was secretly hoping DeNA decided to add the missing Edward MC to the elite dungeon rewards for this event :(

Xetherion

100 gem pull got me a 3*. Probably gonna do an 11-pull later because i lack a 5* physical weapon for IV, and also would like Rosa's bow. Hell, i'd take Rydia's whip too even though i have her ice whip already. Just hope i don't get a polymorph rod since i already have one.

Edit: 11 pull got me 2x 5*, Murasame and Dark Gloves, fuck yeah! Also got 2x 4*, one of which was a White Robe (IV), which is also nice.

ZangBa

I was hoping for Edward's MC to be added with this event since I have his harp and I like his skillset. I guess DeNA has other plans. :C

100 gem - 5 star. I'm cheering.

It's Tellah's rod - which I already have. This already happened to me twice before with other dupe 5* SB weapons. I'm flabbergasted.

MrDaravon

100-gem pull, got a 3* hammer lol. Kinda whatever at this point, would love to get some good mage weapons at some point though >_>

I'd have to agree with this, as I have FB and Meteor at R2 and they are staples of my Mage party:
- Haste RM Fran w/ Full Break R2 and Mental Breakdown R2
- Witch of Succession Rinoa w/ Ruinga R3 and either Bioga R4 or Vuln-aga R4.
- Mana Spring 2 Vivi w/ Meteor R2 and either Waterja R4 or Vuln-aga R3.
- Summon Spring 2 Aerith w/ Valefor R4 and either Maudin R3 or Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh R4
- Concentration 2 Tellah w/ either Shellga R2 or Protectga R2 and Curaja R4

I have all of their first relics (and Rinoa's second as well), thus why I use Fran, Aerith and Tellah over others who can fill the same role. Vivi and Aerith clear all of the trash stages w/ AoE and I usually use Ruinga on 1/3 and 2/3 of boss stages.

I'm contemplating if I should hone those two further or start getting other 5*s (if so, I'd probably go with Barrage, Holy and Odin or Bahamut). I'm doing just fine with R2s, but I'm thinking that if I can hone them to R3 I can probably get rid of Tellah because I wouldn't need to worry about using his SB for extra uses on extended boss battles.

Xetherion

Oh man, just used Eblana Water Veil with a Lvl. 49 Edge with Steal Power in the elite Golbez fight. No other atk buffs, no armor break. 3x 8900 damage, plus guaranteed Cancel? Sweet holy pink unicorn i love this! I think Edge just became a mainstay in my party, even though i'm sure the damage will be less in realms i don't have a 5* RS weapon for him. Not to mention the 5* RS Dark Gloves giving him a whopping 42 atk now that i think about it.

Edit: forgot to mention i tried out Fat Chocobo after seeing someone here mention he broke the damage cap with it. Yeah, Rydia was hitting anywhere from 6800x2 to 8700x2 with it, depending on the enemy. Was almost enough to wipe out the Calcas and Brinas on its own. Actually had to S/L the fight because it wiped all the red ones but the blue ones barely lived. Re-did it so the rest of my party weakened the blue ones with normal attacks first, then used Fat Chocobo and wiped them all out. Definitely using Fat Chocobo from now except when bosses resist Earth.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean, how much more powerful is Meteor vs. 4★ summons? To me, unless it's major, Meteor is useless until it can hit x6 and that ain't happening.

Flare seems good though, even at x4. Ultimate boss without weakness takes about 7000 or so from a 4★ spell (in my thus far small experience), so if Flare can hit or near cap, you would get 8000-12000 extra damage.

Meteor x9
Valefor/Maduin x9.6
Flare x12

-jas x9

Road

People who have dropped their RM since Rinoa started trying:

Sephiroth
Tidus
Tyro
PCecil
Spellblade
Zell
Wakka
Lenna
Strago
Samurai

Seriously... She's level 68 now just from carrying her around. As a comparison, my Cloud is level 69, and broke his level cap ages ago (no, I don't really care about pushing chars to 80, ~60 has been enough for content so far. Only pushing people to 65 to get their level cap 2 RM).

FFMafia

I've been using the regular breaks all of this time, and I read about full break on here, so I went on the game and surprise surprise I can't make that yet. But then I saw breakdowns, and I CAN make a few of them. Should I focus on getting them as a stepping stone? Thanks.

MicH

I don't understand why the elemental veils (ninja abilities) are magic based. Are we getting any ninjas with decent MAG?

Grzi

Are Bladeblitz and/or Ruinga worth it? I'm thinking they could help me with the Daily dungeons but is the damage output any good?

I've been using the regular breaks all of this time, and I read about full break on here, so I went on the game and surprise surprise I can't make that yet. But then I saw breakdowns, and I CAN make a few of them. Should I focus on getting them as a stepping stone? Thanks.

Breakdowns can be great the issue is unlike breaks which are combat 3 where 90% of your offensive characters can use them, breakdowns are support 4 so you're limited on who can use them offensively. They are worth making especially power/magic breakdown to help better mitigate damage.

I don't understand why the elemental veils (ninja abilities) are magic based. Are we getting any ninjas with decent MAG?

Haven't they always been magic based in ff games they appeared in? And the boon is they ignore defense so it doesn't matter if a ninja's magic isn't great. At least that's the theory.

FFMafia

Breakdowns can be great the issue is unlike breaks which are combat 3 where 90% of your offensive characters can use them, breakdowns are support 4 so you're limited on who can use them offensively. They are worth making especially power/magic breakdown to help better mitigate damage.

Haven't they always been magic based in ff games they appeared in? And the boon is they ignore defense so it doesn't matter if a ninja's magic isn't great. At least that's the theory.

Thanks for the info! I'll get to work on those two you mentioned first

Thanks for the info! I'll get to work on those two you mentioned first

Also what makes full break so great is that unlike break/down that don't stack full break stacks with the other break/downs so you can further lower enemy stats. Generally you'll want someone with support 5 using full break and damage breakdown to really cripple bosses offensively even if they resist breaks.

I beat Yunalesca with only a sliver of health on Tidus last night. Already had spent 2 Mythril and didn't want to bother again.

Fuck Osmose spam.

Are Bladeblitz and/or Ruinga worth it? I'm thinking they could help me with the Daily dungeons but is the damage output any good?

I can one-hit nearly every trash mob with Ruinga. Just put it on a good magic user. Bladeblitz has limited usefulness against stronger enemies.

FFMafia

Also what makes full break so great is that unlike break/down that don't stack full break stacks with the other break/downs so you can further lower enemy stats. Generally you'll want someone with support 5 using full break and damage breakdown to really cripple bosses offensively even if they resist breaks.

Wow, that I'll have to Keep in mind in leveling a support 5.

Man that water edge skill. Not so hot. rubicante elite. Lvl 50 Edge with mag of 151 (dancing dagger 4++ dragon gloves crystal ball) full break applied. Attunement II. A whopping 3200 damage. We need a steal mag skill for edge I guess. Wonder what manas paean or the witch hat would do to the damage.

For elite eblan royalty I had fire mitigation on all chars and still had to reload bc the first attempt I tried to save both rw walls for Rubicante. Finally a reason to use the IV ice shield and the crappy vi five star flame shield. Genji shield cries in the corner, not even used in its own realm. :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Man that water edge skill. Not so hot. rubicante elite. Lvl 50 Edge with mag of 151 (dancing dagger 4++ dragon gloves crystal ball) full break applied. Attunement II. A whopping 3200 damage. We need a steal mag skill for edge I guess. Wonder what manas paean or the witch hat would do to the damage.

You just need to pull an Enhancer.

Then you're good to go.

lol

Balphon

Ninja magic ignores RES so breaks will make no difference.

Yuffie's is the highest, but you really do need a thrown/sword/katana with 70+ MAG on it for them to be useful. With the way the damage is calculated for ninja spells diminishing returns on a higher MAG stat set in rather quickly anyway so they don't need it to be super high.

You just need to pull an Enhancer.

Then you're good to go.

lol

Edge can't use swords.

But his katana has decent mag and + water damage!

MicH

God I hate fighting Rubicante. STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR STUPID CAPE! Thank god there's a way around this in the ultimate - or at least a way to plan around it

Razmos

Needed some FFIV synergy so I did 2 single pulls, got a 5* assassins dagger (100 attack, small chance to KO) and then a 5* luminous robe (standard robe with Lightning resist and a shared shellga soul break)

Not what I wanted, but not bad at all. two 5* items in a row is not to be scoffed at, and for the realm I wanted too.

Also I completely forgot that I had Edward's harp. It's such a shame he doesn't have a memory crystal.

also also, the FFX boss rush was one of the easiest things ever. Lightning everything to death.

Balphon

God I hate fighting Rubicante. STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR STUPID CAPE! Thank god there's a way around this in the ultimate - or at least a way to plan around it

In the ultimate he apparently does it predictably rather than randomly, which also helps.

Falk

that puzzling face
Needed some FFIV synergy so I did 2 single pulls, got a 5* assassins dagger (100 attack, small chance to KO)

WHY

WHY DOES YOUR ASSASSIN'S DAGGER HAVE MORE ATK THAN MINE

Mine's FFVI Assassin's Dagger

it says chance to INSTANT KO though, rather than just KO, so I win. HA

Edge can't use swords.

But his katana has decent mag and + water damage!

I guess you need a Cardinal kakakaka

Balphon

I guess you need a Cardinal kakakaka

No, I need a Pinwheel.

Because Yuffie is kinda ridiculous:

Dagger Katana Fist Bow Thrown

Black 3
Celerity 4
Thief 5
Ninja 5
Dance 4

132 Attack @ 65 (Compare Lightning at 138)
128 Magic @ 65 (Compare Golbez at 135)
164 Speed @ 65 (Compare Locke at 164)

Relic SBs:

Landscaper (3-hit, AoE, earth physical, inflict slow)
Clear Tranquil (40% heal, AoE, instant cast)
Bloodfest (8-hit, inflict sap)

MicH

I don't know, the ninja Veils suck. My level 50 Edge did 1800 with Water Veil against Rubicante who is vulnerable to water! I don't get the point of them

EDIT I guess they can use magic based throwing weapons, but it's still so weird to me

Balphon

I don't know, the ninja Veils suck. My level 50 Edge did 1800 with Water Veil against Rubicante who is vulnerable to water! I don't get the point of them

EDIT I guess they can use magic based throwing weapons, but it's still so weird to me

They're weird in that they are terrible without a caster weapon for the Ninja, and those are rather uncommon.

Thancred was in my Omega party and he did about 5.5k per cast with Swift Bolt. He ended up doing more damage than anyone else due to its fast cast speed (0.8 secs vs. 1.8 secs for black magic/summons).

EDIT: They're also AoE, which is nice in places.

Which FFIV banner is worth pulling on if either? I currently have 250 mythril and my ffiv gear is generally garbage my black cowl ++ is still my best thing

Balphon

Which FFIV banner is worth pulling on if either? I currently have 250 mythril and my ffiv gear is generally garbage my black cowl ++ is still my best thing

Neither of them are incredible. The second one has the better set of character relics, but the first one has the best item overall (the katana).

Of course, if you pull Edward's harp you're going to join the community of people wondering wtf is going on with his MC.

MicH

They're weird in that they are terrible without a caster weapon for the Ninja, and those are rather uncommon.

Thancred was in my Omega party and he did about 5.5k per cast with Swift Bolt. He ended up doing more damage than anyone else due to its fast cast speed (0.8 secs vs. 1.8 secs for black magic/summons).

EDIT: They're also AoE, which is nice in places.
I did notice the extremely short cast time which was amazing. I guess I need to try equipping him with my Cardinal (77 ATK, 114 MAG) and see how that goes. I guess with a good amount of MAG they can be pretty good as they ignore the RES of the target

Falk

that puzzling face
They're still kind of a 2nd-tier gimmick since you might as well bring a mage.

Exception being fights like Omega Weapon with 1500+ RES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom