• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimate Yunalesca down, took 2 s/l for her to stop casting holy before I could get my stoneskin up -.- advantaliate because I'm uber boring. Got lucky Cloud ran out of sap but Yuna was content to just osmose over and ove and over

Falk

that puzzling face
The most common one is Ricard's son supposedly being Kain which has been elaborated on in the various iterations of both II and IV. This was not in the game itself for either original release but was supplanted in one of the official companion releases, and added in to later versions of both titles as Easter Eggs. Leon and Minwu are also alluded to, but again i think of them more as nods than timeline.

Yeh I get the impression it's because they're the first two entries with plot characters with definite jobs (as opposed to choose-your-party I and job system III)

Falk

that puzzling face
Rubicante quick preview:

- Another AOE fight, meaning natural Walls and AOE heals are a huge advantage since the AOE fills up SB, like Ex Death. Wall/Hastega/AOE Heal remains holy trinity because this fight outright has no dispel mechanic
- Magic Breakdown a must. Full Break not so much relative to other ultimates, as you don't really need DEF/RES break to hit for big numbers with his weakness.
- Thief makes this fight way, way easier as Rubicante exits his defensive stance when hit by Thief abilities. Toss up between Steal Power and Steal HP for this one, although the latter can trigger counter.
- Prev 2 points make characters like Faris or Vaan amazing - thwack him with RS sword Magic Breakdown when he's out, steal his clothes when he defends.
- Spellblades likely will dominate here, with weakness Strike and Drain Strike making them self-sufficient
- Similarly, Drainga is going to be amazing to take heat off healers. Can't Drainga while he's in defensive though, as it's Dark and he NULLs it.

Actually a far more straightforward Ultimate than the previous two. His AOE HURTS, don't get me wrong, but there's no gimmicks like Osmose, sap, dispels, and less quadruple-cast instagibs. He has HP% attacks and a relatively strong single target nuke which in sequence is the only real way people can gib with all mitigation up, but with Hastega there should be enough opportunity to sneak heals in between. Also between weakness and a slightly lower HP pool, he's not as much of a slugging match.

Dreavus

Just finished Flying Fortress regular, the one with all the enemies that cast "kill". God that was annoying. Luckily I made a "revive" and the one carrying it managed to avoid being death'd.

Does that situation come up much in the future?

Rubicante quick preview.
Nice write-up. I'm not too worried about him - i have FOUR natural 5* relics for this realm (Ice Whip, Rune Axe, Polymorph Rod and Thunder Rod) so i'll go for a caster setup over spellblades. Thinking like:

Y'Shtola - Curaga + Shellga
Faris - Steal Power + Magic Breakdown
Rydia - DPS
Golbez - DPS
Tellah - DPS (might add an extra healing spell to him for backup whilst Y'Shtola mitigates)

Speaking of Ultimates, went back to Yunalesca for Mastery. She really is countered hard with Advantilate.

Falk

that puzzling face
WHERE DOES THE TERM "ADVANTILATE" EVEN COME FROM

nm i guess it's a combination of advance and retilate

100 gem pull. rumble rumble rumble, what could it be????

Fabled Harp.

so I now cosign the edward MC wishlist.

the stats on this thing...not so hot unless in realm.
rs however: 149 atk 183 mag and ranged.

I take it this is mainly an Eiko weapon in IV realms-oh wait, we are caught up to JP on IV realms....hahahah eh.

Do dances scale with MAG? b/c Faris would find this thing useful I suppose, in realm.

MicH

Here's what I'm going in with:

ca5qksGl.jpg

Yuna has Hymn of the Fayth and Y'shtola has Stoneskin II

Skulldead

Does the game get harder ? i'm like around 20 stage in and the start is really a joke and not that fun to play ( i can say more watching auto-battle)... I like the concept but this is ridiculous...

Falk

that puzzling face
Does the game get harder ? i'm like around 20 stage in and the start is really a joke and not that fun to play ( i can say more watching auto-battle)... I like the concept but this is ridiculous...

This is what endgame looks like, currently-ending event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYAfh2itWys

Yeah, the starting bits are a huge chore. Minimizing the time in the autobattle zone by making the most use of stamina slingshots/etc should be your goal if you want to go through with it.

Holy shit Rubicante hits hard as fuck even with SSII and Boon. I don't think I can do this

You're a braver man than me. I don't dare to waste XP daily lol

The nukes shouldn't hit for more than ~1.5k. It's the HP% stuff that really hurts, especially right before the nukes.

Kouriozan

Checked where I am in the core dungeons, and I'm just finishing DU 6 classic dungeons (Giant of Babil part 2).
Wow, I'm never catching up :lol

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I wasn't even going to attempt it, but I changed my mind last-minute and managed to take down Ultimate Yunalesca after all. Aerith went down in the final third so I didn't get Mastery (it was my first attempt to I didn't even bother with S/L)... but still.

Advantaliate seems pretty broken. I don't have great hones or relics, only been playing "seriously" since mid-December, and already able to clear end-game content.

I guess now I work on my hones and gear and ween myself off of the tactic.

What bothers me more is I couldn't get Mastery on Defender-Z either... I really wanted that Mastery, because I need those Earth orbs to make Protectga.

Already confirmed to be happening, I think. They haven't even started the "main" scenario yet.

Really? That's awesome. Have a source? I believe you... just curious to read more.

It did, actually. FFX-2 is the distant prequel to FFVII.

OK, but you know what I mean. Another way DeNA could extend the game's life is with what if / remix scenarios. I like the idea of Garland running Shinra, the Turks in FF XIII, etc.

elty

I am thinking

Tyro - Edward Harp - R4 ga + R2 full break
Terra - R3 ja + R3 Magic breakdown
Tellah - R3 ja + shellga
Bartz - R4 spellblade + R2 steal power
Aeris - heal + protectga

I have edge's katana but he can't use spell blade so I don't think I can fit him in.

AZYG4LYFE

Neo Member
Celes default SB MVP, decided not to use runic for once as Rubicante's interrupts are common in his weaker phases. And firaga is only absorbed by runic compared to his other AOE variations.

Stats and setup and mastery score for anyone interested: http://imgur.com/a/gKHDZ

Best boss fight I've enjoyed so far.

Falk

that puzzling face
OK, but you know what I mean. Another way DeNA could extend the game's life is with what if / remix scenarios. I like the idea of Garland running Shinra, the Turks in FF XIII, etc.

In the end you'd just be fighting Garland or Turks anyway.

Razmos

Got another 5* item from my 100 gem draw, some Dark Gloves. I have quite a bit of FFIV armour now, the most useful at the moment probably being the Dragon Gloves that give fire resist.

Cursing my luck that I didn't get any better weapons though.

100 Gem pull netted me D.Cecil's Sword.

Stat wise, it is my strongest 5* Weapon (119 ATK, only 3 behind my 122 ATK 6* Kiku-Ichimonji). How good is the party ATK buff from it?

Falk

that puzzling face
100 Gem pull netted me D.Cecil's Sword.

Stat wise, it is my strongest 5* Weapon (119 ATK, only 3 behind my 122 ATK 6* Kiku-Ichimonji). How good is the party ATK buff from it?

Party 35% ATK, translates to just over 71% extra damage pre-softcap. Not as good as Planet Protector, but hey, way better than Boost!

FFXIII event is in a few days. Most likely 3

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm forgetting about mastery, is there a viable retameta strategy for the Ultimate fight?

His AOE attacks hit stupidly hard and a single use of SG is just not enough to last the fight.

Hrm forgetting about mastery, is there a viable retameta strategy for the Ultimate fight?

His AOE attacks hit stupidly hard and a single use of SG is just not enough to last the fight.

You need a thief and magic break down user I was planning to bring Tyro with double cut rm to help mitigate the aoe magic damage, double cut cloud, then steal hp whenever the cape goes up.

MicH

Yeah, having two charges of SG and Boon is extremely useful as he just hits so hard. I'd probably give Tyro Magic Breakdown and Steal Power if he's your SG user to help him build up an SB charge for a second cast of SG.

Remember Steal HP causes him to counter attack when he's behind his cloak.

Yeah, having two charges of SG and Boon is extremely useful as he just hits so hard. I'd probably give Tyro Magic Breakdown and Steal Power if he's your SG user to help him build up an SB charge for a second cast of SG.

Remember Steal HP causes him to counter attack when he's behind his cloak.

Oh forgot about that then year steal power for sure

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't think of using Tyro as the thief, but it makes sense so that he can just keep spamming magic break to build up a second SG.

No Boon though. Kind of wish I spent more on trying to get a SS2 now. :(

I wish they would switch up the dailies. The game gets really boring/tedious when you run through the banners. Especially when they recycle enemies for the millionth time like this FF4 event banner we're stuck on.

LucaMac

I wish they would switch up the dailies. The game gets really boring/tedious when you run through the banners. Especially when they recycle enemies for the millionth time like this FF4 event banner we're stuck on.

Sorry to tell you, but they are still the same in Japan, just with an extra difficulty.

Dailies do however drop 'greens' as an extra resource that can be spent on orbs, stamina and other things in a shop. Only in Japan a few weeks now.

I waited until the last minute, but came up with this team to quickly Master Ultimate Yunalesca. Full stars for everything except having Yuna in the party.

I was able to get all 5 Reta up before ger first attack and finished her last phase before she could cast Mega Death or magic AoE. That was way easier than expected.

Grzi

Got three Variable Steel relics from the FFX banner lol
No unique SB weapons, so I guess I'm done with that banner, I'll skip the FFIV one as well, we'll see about XIII.
My biggest accomplishment after two weeks of playing is having 103 stamina lol.
I might try to fight Rubicante (elite) later this week.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I waited until the last minute, but came up with this team to quickly Master Ultimate Yunalesca. Full stars for everything except having Yuna in the party.

I was able to get all 5 Reta up before ger first attack and finished her last phase before she could cast Mega Death or magic AoE. That was way easier than expected.

If you double cut someone with retaliate, do they retaliate twice??

Falk

that puzzling face
Faris with Full Break r2/Magic Breakdown r4
Golbez with Meteor r2, Waterja r4
Rydia with Valefor r5, Bioga r3
Edge with Shadowsteel r1 (lol), Tempo Flurry r4
Y'shtola with Curaga r5, Diaga r3

Boon

Faris with Full Break r2/Magic Breakdown r4
Golbez with Meteor r2, Waterja r4
Rydia with Valefor r5, Bioga r3
Edge with Shadowsteel r1 (lol), Tempo Flurry r4
Y'shtola with Curaga r5, Diaga r3

Boon

Thanks. I was having some trouble wrapping my head around the best setup for this battle, but that should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom