• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

Went back and mastered Jenova Death elite. The upgrades I've gotten since two months ago have pretty much trivialized that boss, lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
At least D Cecil can apply breaks while doing good damage or Bladeblitz.

edit: He also gets the best Advance/Retaliate RM thanks to ATK softcap.

Falk

that puzzling face
You'll get random people showing up and giving you shit about using the bar because rhythm game communities are generally full of idiots.

take additional damage from ____ element. In Edgar's case, Poison

Is there any mage that can use katana? My best IV mage waepon is the harp followed by the katana :/

Realm Synergy isn't that critical on a mage if you have high enough hones of aga or ajas, especially in this case when ultimate rubicante has two elemental weaknesses

Neither of them are incredible. The second one has the better set of character relics, but the first one has the best item overall (the katana).

Of course, if you pull Edward's harp you're going to join the community of people wondering wtf is going on with his MC.
I... Thinly theyre pretty good actually but unless you really want to use one of the characters, considering there are zero painting and only one even after this one that Japan has gotten, it is wasted rs.

elty

Co-incident I guess? I just finished FF VI Blue Dragon elite drops Strago his RM2 (already has his MC).

Still debating between SLG and Tyrfing. I have SG though so I am not sure if I will ever use Tyro for anything but SG..

Negator

Yunalesca sniped Bartz right at the very end. Ugh.

Will retry tomorrow for mastery.

Edit: Mastered Yunalesaca with Advantilate. Haven't had to use that in a while but I had no choice with my awful FFX gear.

Also mastered all of the elite classic dungeons and am finally caught up. Now I can just farm stuff.

I need eight Greater Black Orbs to get both Blizzaja and Waterja to x8 for the upcoming Ultimate.

Between catching up on Classic Dungeons today and Monday and the Daily Dungeon on Tuesday, I should be good.

Falk

that puzzling face
I was thinking they'd do that via job class MC2 giving a RM3, like WHM RM3 being "grants access to lv4 White Magic", but this is a more elegant solution since it doesn't mess with RM balance. (No one's gonna use a character with a class skill RM over just using a different character and an actually useful RM)

Wonder which class is gonna give Support though, if that's a thing. Stuff like Bard and Dancer, while technically support, have their own job class ability designations.

Also I guess it kinda makes sense considering how much Final Fantasy as a franchise is a job-based game (this makes FFV rather authentic, sans changing base class, heh) and you still won't have access to 6* abilities, or 5* in the case of everything except classes like Devout.

edit: Ninja to lv80 Vivi

!:O

Razmos

A big thing about that new job system is that you can give Luneth Samurai abilities so he can self-advance + retaliate.

A big thing about that new job system is that you can give Luneth Samurai abilities so he can self-advance + retaliate.
I guess that solidifies what Beginner's Relic I pick, even though that was already gonna be it (with mild thought on the grimoire or Riona's thing).

Kouriozan

I guess I'll have to pick up Tyrfing eventually, I got lots of time though.
That would be the first time I'll pull the beginner banner.

Shouta

Edge has the shittiest ability selection of any non core character.

I dunno, I was using Edge in JP FFRK just recently and the Ninja skills seem pretty decent but I was using the physical ones instead of the elemental ones. I also got him a weapon with a Super Soul Break though, lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, yeah, the physical ninja skills are pretty much along the same vein as Combat/Support in terms of multiplier.

Shadowsteel does decent damage outside of its debuff chance.

I think I'm about sixty Elite Dungeons behind, haha, I should count them.

I have only done ones with dudes and crystals in them for a long time.

cj_iwakura

Tried out the prologue. Apart from the polish, I think Dimensions had more to offer than this. Is it strictly battles? At least Dimensions had an overworld and dungeons.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's strictly battles, yes.

You might wanna try Brave Exvius. It's got a lot more of its own story to it. Record Keeper is pretty much like FF Pokemon with strategizing for endgame content being the main retaining factor.

edit: You collect the characters, not the monsters.

elty

I only have three more dungeon and I will be all done on story dungeon. Then I can finish all the bonus quest and get back to daily.

Razmos

Went into the Yunalesca fight expecting to get my ass handed to me.

On the first attempt she used Holy twice in a row on Rikku, so I had to reset.
On the second attempt, she never used Holy once, she just kept using Osmose, Absorb and Hellbiter while I wrecked her with an Advancetaliate Cloud/Lulu combo.

Was not expecting to actually beat it, never mind get mastery.

Also, my fucking sides at there being ANOTHER Sephiroth event in Japan. this is getting ridiculous.

My best magic weapon for Edge is...PSICOM Knife+ with 25 magic, that is a lot more than I expected to be honest.

I also decided to put my rosetta stones to use. 145 attack Blazefire Saber.

Advance will probably be less useful once the buff cap is introduced.
For those who don't remember a little while ago this was introduced to Japan and it is something like boosts softcap at +250% (i.e. Advance) and hardcap at +300%.

Went into the Yunalesca fight expecting to get my ass handed to me.

On the first attempt she used Holy twice in a row on Rikku, so I had to reset.
On the second attempt, she never used Holy once, she just kept using Osmose, Absorb and Hellbiter while I wrecked her with an Advancetaliate Cloud/Lulu combo.

Was not expecting to actually beat it, never mind get mastery.
Similar thing for me. Holy spam first try, osmose spam second time. Advance and Retaliate probably broke the fight to be frank.

Falk

that puzzling face
Advance will probably be less useful once the buff cap is introduced.

Technically, outside of barrage-type abilities and SB, it already is deprecating to the likes of Planet Protector, as more and more people can naturally hit for 9999 while applying debuffs, bypassing the innate upkeep cost of Advance.

You do need a bunch of good RS melee weapons for that, though, as opposed to 1 for Retaliate-based strategies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Are there any plausible predictions about where this game is going to go content-wise, long term? Considering that there are 14 mainline FFs, DeNA chewed through all that story surprisingly quickly. Maybe alarmingly quickly, from their perspective.

I know there's still a good bit to go, especially if they're going to get into stuff like XIII-2, The After Years, and Tactics - but there aren't really that many spin-offs, either. It feels like, unless they stretch things out to an absolute crawl, there's probably ~12 months worth of story content left.

I have a couple of thoughts:

- Introduce an original story, in a new FFRK realm. New enemies, actual story-driven dungeons and between-mission segments, etc. Although you lose any kind of nostalgia points from people that just want the Buster Sword, this would alleviate the pressure of chewing through the existing content. Just make your own big RPG and release it in 2-week chunks over the course of a couple years :)

- Remixed or "What If?" scenarios, in the existing realms. What If Shinra existed in FF X's Spira? What if Kefka wreaked havoc in FF XIII's world? Lets you reuse backgrounds, sprites, AI patterns, etc. and still produce interesting challenges and boss rushes for people to work through.

Negator

I'm sure they have a long term plan for the game at this point. Imagine how much content they will have for FF11, FF14, and FF15 alone.

Razmos

- Introduce an original story, in a new FFRK realm. New enemies, actual story-driven dungeons and between-mission segments, etc. Although you lose any kind of nostalgia points from people that just want the Buster Sword, this would alleviate the pressure of chewing through the existing content. Just make your own big RPG and release it in 2-week chunks over the course of a couple years :)
Already confirmed to be happening, I think. They haven't even started the "main" scenario yet.

- Remixed or "What If?" scenarios, in the existing realms. What If Shinra existed in FF X's Spira? What if Kefka wreaked havoc in FF XIII's world? Lets you reuse backgrounds, sprites, AI patterns, etc. and still produce interesting challenges and boss rushes for people to work through.
It did, actually. FFX-2 is the distant prequel to FFVII.

LucaMac

It was a bit forced and painful...very unnecessary.
It bothered me for the whole thing that that kid was called Shinra, it looked liked lazy character naming, and not in the perfectly acceptable Biggs, Wedge and Cid manner. The 'pay-off' didn't exactly make it ok either.

FF4 had several references to FF2 in its story but i always thought of them more as nods of acknowledgment rather than forced creation of continuity.

I always find the thousands of years later sequel/prequel nonsense to be dumb. At best you get something like DQ 1-3 but usually you get almost completely irrelevant nods in two worlds that feel completely different.

The most common one is Ricard's son supposedly being Kain which has been elaborated on in the various iterations of both II and IV. This was not in the game itself for either original release but was supplanted in one of the official companion releases, and added in to later versions of both titles as Easter Eggs. Leon and Minwu are also alluded to, but again i think of them more as nods than timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom