• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyshark

Mastered Rubicante on the first try - really no issues at all using mage meta. I think it helped that I made sure to have ~250+ RES for my entire party, really helped minimize the damage he did. I actually used Vaan for my Thief/Support role - he was doing 5k with Magic Breakdown after a Steal Power.

Falk

that puzzling face
Same here, first attempt mastery.

I'm so sorry MicH

yyFpJQWl.jpg

He pretty much spent the last few turns spamming triple Firaga for ~600 x 3.

I had the weirdest time with this Ultimate Rubicante fight. This was my team set up,

Yshtola
Mental Breakdown R2 Curaga R5
I have both her Wall and AOE heal Soul Breaks

Rinoa (level 80)
Waterga R5 Waterja R3

Golbez (equipped with his soul break axe)
Blizzaga R5 Blizzaja R3

Rydia
Blizzaga R5 Kirin R1

Vann(equipped with 5 star Kains blood lance)
Steal HP R3 Magic Breakdown R2

I used Boon as my roaming warrior.

All of my gear was of ffiv synergy and yet this battle took me 10 resets until my stubbornness was pushed aside and I spent wind orbs honing up Steal Power R3.

Even after that it took 3 more tries before finally killing the boss with , thankfully, a mastery losing 1 star on actions and 2 on damage.

I don't know what in the world was going on but I'd get blasted with so many strong AOE spells that I could never keep up with the healing which is why, to push the rng favor to my side a bit more, i begrudgingly honed Steal Power so there was no chance of getting a counter attack when forcing the boss out of guard mode. Really frustrated by this one especially because I had little to no trouble with past Ultimates yet this one just kept wrecking me. I guess that's the nature of the beast.

Mastered rubicante with this team

Bartz steal power r3 watera strike r5
Tellah waterja r4 blizzaja r4 (font of wisdom, which I actually used once while waiting for the third attack)
Aeris blizzaga r4 shellga r2 (healing wind sb)
Yshtola curaja r5 diaga r4 (ssII) dr mog
Sazh full break r2 Magic breakdown r3 (boon) mako might

Rw was MicH's Lenna!

four had fire mitigation, two rings, dragon gloves, ice shield, the fourth got so much rea from the 4++ white gown for the realm it wasn't necessary.

Bartz had kains old lance and the two mages used the 4++ ice rod and polymorph rod.
My healing rate was so high that I used four diagas from yshtola, one of which was the killshot.

My first attempt I was a bit too cute, wanting to use my brand new harp and water edge ability via thancred. Although I pumped his mag to well over 300 the ability was still hitting less than 6k so I dropped him for sazh and throw diaga on yshtola and swapped rydia for aeris and then didn't have much of a problem with him. Mainly due to the addition of hasteaga to the party.

The boss before rubicante I used a thancred yshtola and the three IV heavies, cecils and kain and had a blast. Ran thancred with sap ability and the attack up ability and just went to town on him offensively. At least the harp was very useful for that battle.

Ruby Rod down here too:

imagerkkil.png

Just need to apply the correct mitigation and it was pretty easy to control. Overall more enjoyable than Yunalesca as less RNG involved. Bartz is SUCH a good character, he'll be a monster when he gets a MC2.

LowParry

That Rubicante fight was super easy. I should of died but was like...that's it?

Setup:

Edge
Celes
Kain
Sephiroth
Selphie

Basically it came down to having Sazh for my boost, giving haste and shell at the start of the battle. Edge with the Leg Shot for slow and the entire battle was Rubicante cloaked so it was all just physical attacks with no spells used. But managed to finish off the rest with no issues.

I really wish I could get Rosa's weapon with the heal/KO use. Probably better with attacks. Meh. Some day.

I waited until the last minute, but came up with this team to quickly Master Ultimate Yunalesca. Full stars for everything except having Yuna in the party.

I was able to get all 5 Reta up before ger first attack and finished her last phase before she could cast Mega Death or magic AoE. That was way easier than expected.
Nice stuff. You might be interested to know a 5 "man" retaliate run was done with Yuna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nex8-BRACk8
0 medals lost. Probably the only ever use for Cyan's RM2...

ultra7k

Got Rubicante to about 15% when I:
1.) forgot to renew SG
2.) Began hitting him with water/ice spells when his cape went up.
3.) Got hit by an unmitigated inferno.

Lost the fight in about 5 seconds due to very poor decision making. Otherwise, I'd say it's very doable. I'd probably change Rosa's SB to the one that really bumps up her SB gauge so I can get off more AOE heals with the musk stick.

Jyrii

Banned
Rubicante is frigging impossible. He hit me four times with inferno when defending. Each hit me with around 1K dmg even under SG and shellga.

Is there any que for change to his defensive stance?

greyshark

Rubicante is frigging impossible. He hit me four times with inferno when defending. Each hit me with around 1K dmg even under SG and shellga.

Thief abilities force him to raise his cloak.

Balphon

He brings up his cloak (i.e. goes into defensive mode) after his third action with the cloak down.

He brings it down (i.e. goes back to normal) after his fourth action with it up or if you hit him with a thief ability other than steal time while it is up.

MicH

Rubicante was predictably easy with his heavy RNG stuff removed.

Barthandelus is going to be a freaking nightmare, though.
I have so much synergy for XIII it's ridiculous. I have a unique weapon for all characters but Hope and Sazh. So I'm quite excited about this fight :p on the other hand I have no good gear for IV at all. Just a bunch of 3*++

It seemed to me that he entered his defensive stance after his 3rd or 4th action with the cloak down. After his third attack I'd usually hold back and wait for him to cloak up before using Steal Power and going ham again

Falk

that puzzling face
I had the weirdest time with this Ultimate Rubicante fight.

Just an observation - you want a different person with the AOE heal than your healer, and more importantly your wall carrier. Especially if it's Y'shtola and you're using her for heals - when she takes a break to reapply wall, the other person should be firing off the AOE heal.

(In my case I'm using Yuna with a red rod so she has AOE heal and 2 summons)

It's usually at the halfway point where things fall apart otherwise, because you have the phase change (usually an interrupt or two on Ultimates, or more silly moves come into play), Wall running out and then your healer is too pressed to heal + reapply Wall at the same time.

It's always after the third when the fight starts, and then some wonky after-3rd or 4th action subsequently, depending when you force him out of Defensive. (If it wasn't clear from previous posts, hitting him with Thief-class abilities brings him out of Defensive immediately)

MrDaravon

Feels super good to be able to get the MC2's from the events now; I'm not even able to attempt the final boss rushes like most folks here can, but even being able to just barely squeeze by on the MC2's (sometimes have to use a mythril to refresh and get a buff) feels like I'm making progress. Ignoring the daily dungeons right now except for Sundays and trying to get caught up on dungeons which at this point is seemingly impossible >_>.

Razmos

Completed the FFIV boss rush but not even going to attempt to master it. The entire thing is designed to fuck you over on medals and then there is only one condition per fight, meaning you have no leeway either. The opening AoE attacks followed by AoE spam and bullshit elemental resistances was just silly and it wasn't fun at all, I just half arsed my way through it.

Ok thanks for the tips. Still not be able to get his health even to 50% lol
Consider adding a 3rd or even a 4th layer of magical mitigation. I used SS2, Boon (RW), Shellga and Magic Breakdown - it makes a significant difference.
As i had fairly good weapons i also opted for accessories/armors with good resistance and fire resistance properties which might help too!

Falk

that puzzling face
Specifically they actually apply Shellga/Protectga.

The difference is important for mechanics which specifically dispel Haste/Shell/Protect, vs RES buffs like the one that comes as part of Lulu's RES/MAG SB buff.

The difference is important for mechanics which specifically dispel Haste/Shell/Protect, vs RES buffs like the one that comes as part of Lulu's RES/MAG SB buff.

can you stack wall + something like lulu's res buff + shellga correct?

I don't think so, afaik boon/lunatic high is just the two moves at once casting shellga after boon would just extend the effect of shellga

Ok, that's what I thought, but the post above mine had me thinking otherwise.

Balphon

I have so much synergy for XIII it's ridiculous. I have a unique weapon for all characters but Hope and Sazh. So I'm quite excited about this fight :p on the other hand I have no good gear for IV at all. Just a bunch of 3*++

I have a fair amount of 13 synergy too, but his extreme damage output and mandatory Fang still leave me wary.

Fang is probably the best Dragoon overall, at least.

Just an observation - you want a different person with the AOE heal than your healer, and more importantly your wall carrier. Especially if it's Y'shtola and you're using her for heals - when she takes a break to reapply wall, the other person should be firing off the AOE heal.

(In my case I'm using Yuna with a red rod so she has AOE heal and 2 summons)

It's usually at the halfway point where things fall apart otherwise, because you have the phase change (usually an interrupt or two on Ultimates, or more silly moves come into play), Wall running out and then your healer is too pressed to heal + reapply Wall at the same time.

Yeah over the course of the fight I had to use Wall twice and Boon twice. I use Mako Might on Yshtola immediately and then at the boss having 50% hp is when I would cast the second Wall/Boon. Using 2 turns the entire battle to keep the Wall up wasnt the issue. What would keep happening is the boss using nothing but Blaze and Inferno to the entire group to the point that unless I had two users of AOE heals I couldn't survive it. I watched someone elses video that made the bosses AI look entirely different. I'm chalking this one up to extremely bad luck and it just goes to show no matter how over prepared or overpowered the gear is you have there's always a chance or terrible RNG. It can go from 1 try to master the Yunalesca fight to 10 tries against Rubicante. It's that extreme.

I replayed the fight just for the hell of it and swapped a damage dealer with a second healer(aeris for rydia in this case) who was there half to do damage half heal up. Beat it first try.

I have Fang's spear in the JP game and I quite like it, and the atk is 120. And I don't have an SSB yet.

There is however only one dungeon update (3 levels) and one xiii event after this one, the recently concluded Serah event. So there isn't going to be much use for the actual equipment, so would I pull based on like of the character/like of the sb for use in other realms? dunno on that one.

I have the Binding Rod, Hunters Rod, Vegas, Healer's Staff 4++, Gold bangle and then of course the freebies pumpkin, witches' hat, goddess gun. Missing a non-tyro retaliate weapon, my best is a 117 atk fist

So I'll have 50 to spend, but not sure about pulling the trigger on it. Since I went for Tyro's lightning grimoire, I don't think I'm served by trying to land another heavy lightning elemental attack, speaking frankly.

Razmos

Does the goddesses favour have a unique sprite like the evil lantern? I keep imagining that it shoots out confetti like in the artwork

In regards to future relics and Japanese version, who has the best AOE heal relic to go for? The Yuna one on global that also grants heavy regen seems amazing to me. Any others like that?

I have poroms' it is large heal and haste, the heal maxes my guys it is awesome

also have penelo mid heal and atk up-one of my first jp relics and a great mid battle boost.

there are quite a few others.

Kouriozan

Tried to get Summoner MC1 and Seymour/Anima destroyed me...
Sitting at 89 stamina now, I still have a loooooong way to go, at least I can do difficulty 90 event battles.

Balphon

In regards to future relics and Japanese version, who has the best AOE heal relic to go for? The Yuna one on global that also grants heavy regen seems amazing to me. Any others like that?

Relm (High Heal + High Regen) and Porom (High Heal + Haste) have the strongest ones at the moment I believe. Though they will likely overheal some of the time so they aren't that much better than medium heal versions.

Yuffie has a SB that does a proportional heal with no cast time which is different and pretty good, and she isn't a healer.

EDIT: Selphie's is also High Heal + Magic Blink as Xetherion says below. Overlooked that one.

WarAdept

Rubicante was a fun fight and yes, I'm still relying on Advance to get me through all these fights.

Not rage inducing RNG like Ultima Weapon and not hillariously easy with a bit of prior prep like Yunalesca.

Keeping mental timers of Retaliate, Breakdowns and Rubicante himself was intense. Eiko once again turned into my MVP. Her Emerald Light being 2/3 of the Trinity is what lets me master these fights in the first place. I don't know what I'd do without it. And to think I was dissapointed I got the Flute instead of Vivi's Staff at the time...

Xetherion

Selphie has one that is AOE Curaga (all the Medicas we have in Global are only Cura level) + magic blink buff on party (completely nulls one magic attack). It's widely considered the best for its big heal and aoe magic mitigation, perfect for many bosses.

Man I feel iffy for ultimate rubicante, like I can probably do it with no advance taliate but its almost scary to try not using it because its still really damn good and probably easier to get mastery with

broz0rs

Completed Ultimate Yunalesca with an hour remaining. Once again, feeling regret about slacking off in this game. i would have gotten mastery if Yuna didn't take a Holy to the face with just 15% HP remaining. Looking forward to the ffxiii event because of synergy and every character I plan on using can sit in the back row.

After 2 failed attempts, I mastered Ultimate Rubicante, losing 1 medal on turns and 2 on damage, with this team:

SBs: Celes's Runic Blade and Aerith's Healing Wind.
FS: Wall

Celes and Keeper were Co-MVPs here. Turn 1 I was basically just mitigation (Wall FS, Waterja, Kirin, Magic Shield, Shellga) and then I used Keeper to Haste everyone. I timed Keeper's hastes and the trio's magic blasts so that I could hold off and Steal Power right after Rubi's 3rd attack. At 50% HP I refreshed my mitigation, this time subbing in Runic Blade. RB kept Celes w/ charges for Ja blasts + kept my crew safe from Firaga spam. It took a few S/Ls to get the cloak timing down, but was pretty simple afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom