• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

Don't know whether to roll with Boon natural or hope for the RW to come through.

Cecil: Shellga R2, Curaga R3 - lvl 75 w/SSB
Edge: Steal HP and Steal Power R2 - Lvl 50(lol) w/ Water Veil & Shared SB Healing Magic
Rinoa: Waterga R3, Curaga R3 -Lvl 71 w/ Angel Wing Quake on a 6 star Rising Sun
Rydia: Shiva R3, Kirin R4 - lvl 65 w/ Shiva SB, Mystic Prayer shared for more HP
Tellah: Blizzaga R3, Curaga R3 - lvl 65 w/ Luminous Robe for the Shell SB

And Ultimate Rubes destroys me. He's spammed inferno, and he hit Rinoa once with Firaga for 3700, when she was shelled. Not sure what to do, other than obviously level Edge up a bit. Steal HP broke the cloak, so maybe I can upgrade that too. I just need more mats.

Real worries about beating this one, though the Murasame & Luminous Robe were a banner pull earlier today. Even got (another) blitz sword. Yay.

I would do

Edge: steal power, water scroll (water veil, ace striker)
Sazh: magic breakdown, faith or mental breakdown (boon, mako might)
Tellah: Curaga, waterga (shared heal SB)
Rydia: blizzaga, Kirin (shared shell SB)
mage: ice and water spell

RW: wall

Edge does good damage with water scroll, and it builds up his guage faster. His SB does 3x9999.
Tellah can use a mag+mnd stick if you have one, and do some damage when you don't need to heal.
Rydia can use the free 3*++ ice rod.
If you have someone who is a bard and also a black mage (not sure if any other than Tyro), then you can bring mana paean instead of faith.

And I think all the 3* spell should be honed to r4 to be safe.

IV is a lesser catch, but AOE shared heals really are never bad. Only thing is that the AOE heals on armor are usually a better bet, as you generally want it cast by another party member as an emergency heal on top of heals being pumped out by healer.
About that...it is a single target heal (plus esuna...) :(

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm trying to think of a plan for Ultimate Barthandelus that doesn't involve retaliate and it's not coming to me.

Stupid retaliate. I really wish you didn't exist.

I dunno man, setup time plus single-target means you'll take longer to bust through the first phase.

I'm taking 3 casters, putting my r3 Maduin on healer, and Valefor, Meteor, Ruinga + 5* RS staff + Devotion on the other 3. AOE the first phase

Breakdown guy does usual Breakdown stuff. Single target nukes on the other slot for casters.

Barth's worst move (outside of the dispels) is Smile, since it's physical AOE, Power Breakdown is a little hard to slot in just to deal with that one aspect, and Wall isn't a sure bet unless you're bouncing everything in p2.

About that...it is a single target heal (plus esuna...) :(

Oh woops.

Gz on your MND stick I guess!

Balphon

I dunno man, setup time plus single-target means you'll take longer to bust through the first phase.

I'm taking 3 casters, putting my r3 Maduin on healer, and Valefor, Meteor, Ruinga + 5* RS staff + Devotion on the other 3. AOE the first phase

Breakdown guy does usual Breakdown stuff. Single target nukes on the other slot for casters.

Barth's worst move (outside of the dispels) is Smile, since it's physical AOE, Power Breakdown is a little hard to slot in just to deal with that one aspect, and Wall isn't a sure bet unless you're bouncing everything in p2.

I'm only contemplating it to avoid heavy RNG from the dispel. Elemental jumps, spellblades, and a little AoE should blow through the first phase easily.

I'd use a mage strategy with reflect (plus drainga on the reflected mage) but I'm just not seeing how I'm going to be able to bring enough magic damage with Lightning + Fang + Support + Heals, to say nothing of the fact that it would leave Lightning and Fang standing around defending.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh shit you're right, Lightning and Fang.

RIP mage meta.

Also RIP@me, only physical XIII weapon outside of quest rewards is a 5* fist, and a 4*+ fist.

edit: Man, what a garbage Ultimate, hahaha.

Oh shit you're right, Lightning and Fang.

RIP mage meta.

Also RIP@me, only physical XIII weapon outside of quest rewards is a 5* fist, and a 4*+ fist.

edit: Man, what a garbage Ultimate, hahaha.

Yeah retaliate meta is pretty much mandatory unless you can beat him without losing any action or damage medals

Falk

that puzzling face
Nope, not gonna retaliate on ultimates. No siree.

Wait, I did on Yunalesca.

OH WELL RETALIATE IT IS

:'(

My XIII synergy isn't too hot either - got the New Years gun and Vegas. I'll see how I get on might do some pulls on Banner 1 if i struggle.

Edit: and the Halloween Thrown!

Well, that's three for three Ultimates done on the first try with no resets, but this time it was sheer dumb luck. At some point I lost my rhythm/pattern and ate a nice, partially unmitigated party Inferno that took my entire team to HP slivers. Rubicante's speed is ridiculous, I'm convinced he was still going ahead of me even with Boon haste, but apparently on my previous turn I ACCIDENTALLY hit my roaming Hymn instead of Stoneskin II, which brought me back up, barely. Rubicante's next few turns were somehow all single Infernos, which gave me the *slight* chance to get my feet back on track.

Oh yeah, dude also ate a nice Waterja with this cape up; it was pretty annoying trying to time out Steals, I ended up just sitting on full ATBs a few times just to make sure I was in pattern correctly.

Balphon

My XIII synergy isn't too hot either - got the New Years gun and Vegas. I'll see how I get on might do some pulls on Banner 1 if i struggle.

Edit: and the Halloween Thrown!

The still-broken evade on the pumpkin might actually be helpful in avoiding Thanatosian Smile.

If you have Boon you would be crazy not to bring it. Putting Dr. Mog or Mako Might on him and keeping him on Breakdown duty will keep your Boon going the entire fight. Then it frees up your roaming slot for a Grimoire/Stoneskin/Hymn or something else if it fits the rest of your build.

You need to combo up on mitigation and get rid of the excessive cures.

You're also way low on hones, especially since they're 3★, you're gonna want about eight to ten blasts on blizzard/water per character using them (that can hit for 8000+).

If I could get Boon off I would. Shitheel keeps nailing Sazh out of the gate. I ended up w/ Rosa as the RW. Pretty nice, except that he keeps. Killing. Sazh.

Probably just luck. Got a few more days to get this down. I don't expect mastery, but I do want that cloak badly.

If I could get Boon off I would. Shitheel keeps nailing Sazh out of the gate. I ended up w/ Rosa as the RW. Pretty nice, except that he keeps. Killing. Sazh.

Probably just luck. Got a few more days to get this down. I don't expect mastery, but I do want that cloak badly.
Are you getting taken out by the area Infernos? Because if you are then you might need to redo your equipment to focus on RES. RES should be a priority for everybody except your damage dealers (and even then, I'd be conservative with sacrificing it). My party was all near 300 RES except Bartz, who was like 240 (and I had better options for him [ie: AN ICE ARMOR+], I just wanted the extra ATK, which probably didn't do me any favors).

Rubicante is fast, setting up mitigation before he hits is probably not feasible (if even possible).

Ack, I'm eighty-six Elite Dungeons behind, I guess that's what I need to start focusing on.

I might be in trouble for this upcoming XIII event. No 5* to speak of and I think I've got shit all 3's and 4's.
They gave out two freebies, which are more like 4.5★, but the synergy bonus still counts as 5★.

You should at least have the New Year's one, yes?

Stuck on Rubicante? You could try and throw 47 mythril at it (
30 ability uses also does the game cap at 9999HP?
). Reading into it more...they spent over 6 hours and 100+ mythril. They posted 2 team set up images and one of them didn't have a thief ability in :( They did eventually clear it though.

Are you getting taken out by the area Infernos? Because if you are then you might need to redo your equipment to focus on RES. RES should be a priority for everybody except your damage dealers (and even then, I'd be conservative with sacrificing it). My party was all near 300 RES except Bartz, who was like 240 (and I had better options for him [ie: AN ICE ARMOR+], I just wanted the extra ATK, which probably didn't do me any favors).

Rubicante is fast, setting up mitigation before he hits is probably not feasible (if even possible).
That reminds me (yeah not done it yet, been a bit busy) I too have an Ice Armour+ but I'm wondering what will make me take less damage, the fire resist from that or better res stat (Ice armour+ has 50 res, even black cowl++ offers 136 res)? In my case Bartz is mid-50s so it is a toss up between 200 res and <150 res...I suppose I could give Bartz Dragon Gloves and Wakka Ice Armour+.

As for mitigation looking at his AI his first attack is always blaze which can't be mitigated (as inferno and attack have not unlocked yet) so in that sense you should have mitigation up by turn which is more likely to be inferno.

alcheim

Well.. I can finally say that I've caught up with all the game's content.

All realms mastered including elites
All events mastered including ultimates (thanks advantaliate)
All 171 quests completed.
Stamina at 153(1/5),

All 96 characters at least at level 50.
4-7 star weapons upgraded to max.

Nearly all record materia obtained (except for Pride of the Red Wings and Way of the Samurai II --damn these. I've been playing for the whole week, and these 2 still haven't dropped)

... I can now finally focus complaining on not getting any soulbreak relics again.

Balphon

Man, that's like my third 50 pull in a row with no 5*.

Least it wasn't all 3* like the last one.

What a letdown. Oh well, time to go combine some junk.

AZYG4LYFE

Neo Member
See you on the other side, my one and only single pull

CYpGtVhWYAAh6nl.jpg

CYpItIIW8AAvPMk.jpg

WarAdept

Ack, I'm eighty-six Elite Dungeons behind, I guess that's what I need to start focusing on.

They gave out two freebies, which are more like 4.5&#9733;, but the synergy bonus still counts as 5&#9733;.

You should at least have the New Year's one, yes?

I lie about the 5*. Turns out I have 3. Festive Gun/Pumpkin/Witch's Hat. But the Pumpkin is useless for the XIII cast? And the rest of the items I have is basically PSICOM Knife and Hope's Scarf.

I'm going to have to pull if I want a shot at the Ultimate I think. Fuck. Sorry Ramza!

EDIT: ABOVE 2 POSTS OF PEACEMAKER.

tumblr_m5wcd7dMry1rul0hko1_250.gif

Did an 11-pull, got Feral Pride and Keepsake Knife. Nothing amazing, but they'll both come in useful for the harder content. I've got both Feral Pride and Snow's LB Jacket, so that's 2 XIII Light Armors, whose stats should prove invaluable when attempting to defeat Barthandelus in 3 days...and the Keepsake Knife has respectable attack with synergy and provides my first dagger/sword weapon for XIII, which I can throw to Bartz or Squall to put out high-quality damage with their most recent Soul Breaks.

Still could have really used Obera's Boon or Lightning's SSB. Maybe at BSSBfest.

I pulled Fang's Lance with my 100 gem :D looks like Fang is not not a liability for the ultimate bart fight! Heck maxed its actually my strongest melee weapon period. I not have an excess of 5 star XIII gear even without the two freebies :X

MicH

Well, I really didn't want to spend all my mythril on this banner, but after getting the last 5 I needed for a third 11-pull... I couldn't resist. And RNGesus rewarded me at last!

zyt8uuwl.jpg

Shared Shellga bracer is amazing - only have a shared Shellga heavy armor piece do this is nice.
Generic synergy Lance for Fang is pretty nice.

AND TWO GUNS! This is the SSB celebration all over. Two failed pulls on the last phase and then a third pull on the FFV banner which netted me two character Relics.

Well, I have no mythril now, so I'm not pulling again until FFT banner

Well, I really didn't want to spend all my mythril on this banner, but after getting the last 5 I needed for a third 11-pull... I couldn't resist. And RNGesus rewarded me at last!

zyt8uuwl.jpg

Shared Shellga bracer is amazing - only have a shared Shellga heavy armor piece do this is nice.

AND TWO GUNS! This is the SSB celebration all over. Two failed pulls on the last phase and then a third pull on the FFV banner which netted me two character Relics.

Holy shit, that must have made your day!

Also, how long until the FFT banner?

MicH

Holy shit, that must have made your day!

Also, how long until the FFT banner?
FFT banner should be around early to mid April. Before that we have the SSSB celebration on the anniversary in March which have character relics only on the banners, which is also pretty darn good.

I did a 100 Gem pull and 5 single pulls. I got 1 combinable 4*, 4 pieces of junk and Hope's Airwing for the final pull. 115 MAG / 202 RS @ 20/20 is nice.

The game keeps tossing me magic relics (Aerith's Guard Stick, Tellah's Polymorph Rod, Vivi's Oak "Staff", Rinoa's Valkyrie, Rinoa's Rising Sun, FFV Judgement Staff, FFIV Thunder Rod).

FFT banner should be around early to mid April. Before that we have the SSSB celebration on the anniversary in March which have character relics only on the banners, which is also pretty darn good.

Lightning's SSB and the FFIV banners tempted me, so I only have 6 Mythril atm. However, I'm going to save all of my future mythril for the SSSB fest and FFT banners.

zyt8uuwl.jpg

Did you ever not get a relic you wanted? You always pull shit like that, lucky bastard! You pull, don't get what you want, bitch here, come back saying you had to do one last pull and there you always have it! Yes I'm salty and jealous of your luck! :p

I have to remember that some people do paid pulls along their Mythrils pulls and I can't compare my situation with them.

100 gem pull got me the feral pride light armor. tempted so tempted to do an 11 pull. must resist temptation. At least get to Bart and see how that goes....

edit: so I doubt I'll ever actually use feral pride except in a pure retaliate scenario (hello bart), do not want to give up 35 atk from the gold bangle and 30 atk from the silver bangle 4++. maybe swap out the dragon gloves and lose 21atk for 108 def and 101 res. dunno. i always go atk+ over def/res.

edit: so I doubt I'll ever actually use feral pride except in a pure retaliate scenario (hello bart), do not want to give up 35 atk from the gold bangle and 30 atk from the silver bangle 4++. maybe swap out the dragon gloves and lose 21atk for 108 def and 101 res. dunno. i always go atk+ over def/res.

Like 50% of my 5* are Heavy or Light Armor with only defensive stats and I don't think I ever used one. I just don't see myself sacrificing 30+ MAG or ATK for defensive stats only so I always end up using bangles or hats. It's so bittersweet to pull 5* like that.

WarAdept

On the plus side, all of my XIII characters are now level broken.

I guess Faris can use the Pumpkin. Wakka would also be a potential but....Steal Power.

Not sure how I'm going to manage the upcoming SSBreakfast in March and FFT in April. My poor mithril.
Doesn't matter, I'm going to get another Ochu Whip and Tiger Claw regardless.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I can't decide on whether I should do an 11-pull here. On the one hand I've saved up 200 Mythril from clearing out a year's worth of story dungeons and have literally zero FF XIII synergy. But on the other hand, I don't really have any other synergy either, so it feels like maybe I should just keeping hoarding for the anniversary celebration...

WarAdept

I can't decide on whether I should do an 11-pull here. On the one hand I've saved up 200 Mythril from clearing out a year's worth of story dungeons and have literally zero FF XIII synergy. But on the other hand, I don't really have any other synergy either, so it feels like maybe I should just keeping hoarding for the anniversary celebration...

Same boat. I'm going to hold off for the moment, let's see how well I do in the Ultimate. Otherwise, all the mithril must go to the anniversary banners.

Keep in mind that there is barely any new XIII content for the next 6 months. If you lack synergy for many realms, your idea is probably the best.

Balphon

Bartz can use the pumpkin. Why is Bartz so godlike.

I've always thought Bartz's freelancer outfit looked really silly so I've been using Balthier instead.

His equip set is a little worse but he has 3* support and I don't have any good katanas anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom