• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Keep in mind that there is barely any new XIII content for the next 6 months. If you lack synergy for many realms, your idea is probably the best.

Same boat. I'm going to hold off for the moment, let's see how well I do in the Ultimate. Otherwise, all the mithril must go to the anniversary banners.

I ended up compromising and doing a 3-pull.

Got 1 5* - Fang's Spear. I don't really know much about it or its SB. The SB seems so-so, and I don't run Fang, but the thing has 119 ATK, which is actually more than any weapon I have, just edging out my 6* Blitz sword. And it's a little bit of FF XIII synergy, which is nice. Might help me Reta through the Ultimate fight I think.

I reta my way through everything right now with Gilgamesh, so anything with a bit more ATK is welcome.

I just realized that I now have good Reta synergy weapons for every realm:
1 - 4*++ Defender (179)
2 - 4*++ Wing Sword (179)
3 - 3*++ Wyvern Claws (123)
4 - 5* Shadowblade (212)
5 - 5* Kaiser Knuckles (201)
6 - 6* Kiku-ichimonji (233) / 5* Partisan (198) / 5* Soul Sabre (195)
7 - 5* Buster Sword [Zack] (206)
8 - 5* Blitz Sword (192) / Valiant (178)
9 - 5* Coral Sword (197)
10 - 4*++ Warrior's Sword (181)
12 - 5* Danjuro (175) / Loxley Bow (176)
13 - 5* Blazefire Saber (205)
14 - 5* Yoshimitsu (192)

I may end up doing a beginner pull for Luneth's sword so I get stronger synergy there. Plus, I'll eventually be able to self-Advantaliate w/ him, whenever we get the job system in place.

Razmos

Got all 3* from my 100 gem pull and 4 single pulls, so I did something I haven't in a long while and bought 3 pulls, ended up getting Vanille's rod which is what I was going for, so I'm pretty content with that.

Grzi

15 mythril pull - one 4* and two 3*.
I'll never get a SSB Relic.
Hopefully this means the game will reward me with a BSSB Relic once they show up, but probably not.
Still got a bunch of mythril left, so I'll do a couple more pulls on this banner.
The next one I'm really interested in is the Beatrix banner but there's plenty time to save up for it.
I'll probably spend a few bucks on this game soon, if only for the 100 gem pulls.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm gonna try Barrage.

Gilgamesh + Kaiser Knuckles (XIII) + Pugilist Lore

Planet Protector + Advance

Retaliate for P1

Barrage for P2

It's going to be hilarious

As someone who started playing last weekend, how many relic pulls should I be doing? So far, I've done 1 11 pull on the beginner banner (got nothing but the Tyrfing from my free pick) and 1 on the FFXIII banner (got Fang and Hope's relics). I read that people are saving for banners that are coming in the next 2 or 3 months, but that always seems to be in the context of people that have been playing for months.

Also, I know that memory crystals and characters come back. Do event dungeons ever return or are they only available for the 1.5 weeks they show up and then gone forever?

As someone who started playing last weekend, how many relic pulls should I be doing? So far, I've done 1 11 pull on the beginner banner (got nothing but the Tyrfing from my free pick) and 1 on the FFXIII banner (got Fang and Hope's relics). I read that people are saving for banners that are coming in the next 2 or 3 months, but that always seems to be in the context of people that have been playing for months.

Also, I know that memory crystals and characters come back. Do event dungeons ever return or are they only available for the 1.5 weeks they show up and then gone forever?

Never pull for specific relics, pull only for banners where you need synergy. Also save your mythril for celebrations where odds of getting something good are increased. Considering we don't have rolling gatcha getting 2 5* on only your second 11 pull is pretty good as some people barely have any and have played since day 1.

Rubicante rant.
Ultimate Rubicante was tough, mostly fair but still had some things that could have been fairer. The change to weak phase with no visual indication (great you can see the HP bar but where is the 50% mark, I'm not good with looking at pixels) is annoying. Rather the fact it resets the cape counter which can mean in some circumstances you don't know where you are in it anymore (leading to turns wasted). Blaze being a thing at all in weak phase and possibly stronger too is also irritating.

But really the big problem is how I seem to get hit by the 50% Blaze and triple Firaga despite him being out of his cape (I had some near victores turn to S/L by this). My guess is he queues those attacks while in the cape meaning if I wanted to avoid those I would have to use the steal abilities before he is the cape and hope they hit as he enters the cape but before he starts his next action which is too risky so I didn't do it.

Of course I made one mistake set-up wise. Celes with -aga spellblade is doing pitiful damage but she was mainly there for giving out hastes (which are a must with how fast he is) and using her magic shield, the spellblade still charged her SB up (but I could have done more damage with magic and not taken any firaga counters). I got cold feet about Bartz and Wakka so went Vaan and Celes...probably a good thing as even with fire resist on dragon gloves (which actually have good res unlike Ice armour+) Vaan was still taking about 5% more damage than the others due to ~70 res difference. I also chose hymn of the faith as a RW rather than SG as I felt the AoE heal and strong regen would be important. I don't know if going SG could mean that normal regen and curaga would have been enough to keep up.

Complaint on GAF over I championed it (see complaining on GAF works...or being a bit more aggressive) and Celes got the finishing blow with a weak spellblade. I was practically out of abilities on everyone else though (though I did have Tellah with a couple of font of wizdom charges which not using made a difference as it allowed Tellah to do more damage with the water spells).

Grzi

I think I've just hit a wall on the regular dungeons - The Palamecia Part 1 (FFXIII). I don't even want to try it because I know I'll get wrecked. I'm not even talking about the elite dungeon either.
Two boss battles in a row, he can't be hit with melee attacks and absorbs lightning. Damn.
Any advice for an easier win?
My FFXIII synergy sucks, but I do have the New Years gun.

I think I've just hit a wall on the regular dungeons - The Palamecia Part 1 (FFXIII). I don't even want to try it because I know I'll get wrecked. I'm not even talking about the elite dungeon either.
Two boss battles in a row, he can't be hit with melee attacks and absorbs lightning. Damn.
Any advice for an easier win?
My FFXIII synergy sucks, but I do have the New Years gun.

Tyro + new years gun + advantaiate

Rest of the team make up of mages with your strongest nukes, heals, and mitigation, nuke the mobs to conserve health, tyro advantaliates and everyone punches him to victory

Are you getting taken out by the area Infernos? Because if you are then you might need to redo your equipment to focus on RES. RES should be a priority for everybody except your damage dealers (and even then, I'd be conservative with sacrificing it). My party was all near 300 RES except Bartz, who was like 240 (and I had better options for him [ie: AN ICE ARMOR+], I just wanted the extra ATK, which probably didn't do me any favors).

Rubicante is fast, setting up mitigation before he hits is probably not feasible (if even possible).

My party was all starting around 230 Res, but even WITH shell Rinoa got a massive firaga hit. So that would be what...460 Res. Taking a hit like that just won't work. Still, a few more days and a few more tries. If not well, then, onward.

Oh my fucking god. Two 11-pulls and not a single 5*

Happened to me once and only once. I rage deleted, came back a few months later, and started rolling in 5*. RNGesus has an on/off switch somewhere.

Falk

that puzzling face
Isn't his only melee move a single target? Draw fire means no need for protectega/power breakdown

He spams virtually everything else - his melee move would be a welcome reprieve. Don't think it's worth keeping Draw Fire up for that one move over dealing more damage.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies

Rest of the team make up of mages with your strongest nukes, heals, and mitigation, nuke the mobs to conserve health, tyro advantaliates and everyone punches him to victory

That's a really good idea. I just hit that story dungeon and hadn't attempted it yet.

Using Advantaliate on a ranged character hadn't even crossed my mind.

Grzi

g2o91xb.jpg

Thanks for the tip, it really wasn't hard this way. My Tyro was only level 14 lol, so I levelled him to 50 with growth eggs (rest of the team is 63-64), plus I didn't even use Advance (didn't feel like refreshing my RW), I opted for Oerba's Boon instead. The boss barely did any damage. Rinoa was great as well, she did 5-6k damage with Firaga and Blizzaga.
Thanks again.

Falk

that puzzling face
So uh.

Barrage is doing 30k a pop. That's pretty damn hilarious and almost SSB-level.

If I had a proper 5* so I can actually have a ~200ATK weapon on 170ATK Cloud and DK Cecil RM3, instead of 173ATK Kaiser Knuckles on 132ATK Gilgamesh with Pugilist Lore, this would easily be pushing very close to 37-38k.

So uh.

If I had a proper 5* so I can actually have a ~200ATK weapon on 170ATK Cloud and DK Cecil RM3, instead of 173ATK Kaiser Knuckles on 132ATK Gilgamesh with Pugilist Lore, this would easily be pushing very close to 37-38k.

Hmm maybe I should make Barrage as Gilgamesh can use lances and Fang's lance is my strongest str weapon before synergy

Falk

that puzzling face
p.s. that's against Dark Bahamut. Barth etc. are likely to be a bt lower, maybe in the 15% less range.

LucaMac

Getting frustrated with Ruby Ultimate. It's not that I can't beat him, (I did and then threw his cloak on one of my party and went back at him) but mastery seems to be evading me. The biggest problem is that I know my set up is very able to master him, it's just a matter of timing and concentration. I think it's the most difficult thing about him. I have often used steal power at the wrong time just as a reflex when Bartz gets an action or tried to squeeze in one more ja cast when I should know better than to do so and he soaks it up like the smug shithead that he is.

Going to go to a quiet room by myself and try deal with him once and for all. No distractions. No nonsense. (I've already tried this, but I haven't complained on Gaf yet, and that is seemingly part of the process)

So uh.

Good call. I may try get Dark Cecils RM3 before Barty appears. I've a 5+ Blazefire and my bestie Leon with HotE. I've a feeling Barty will be less trouble than Ruby. (Apologies for the shit shortened names. Putting a y at the end makes them a little less intimidating and it pisses them off so they make more mistakes.)

DAMMIT.

At least I can take solace in the fact that I mastered Geryon and Prison. Gonna start hording more Mythril for later. Looks like a Terra SSB is coming at some point in the near future.

Hoping for Sabin, but I can live comfortably with Terra.

Kenai

DAMMIT.

At least I can take solace in the fact that I mastered Geryon and Prison. Gonna start hording more Mythril for later. Looks like a Terra SSB is coming at some point in the near future.

Hoping for Sabin, but I can live comfortably with Terra.

He's got a new SB but it's not a SSB. He just got his SSB recently in JP so we will be waiting a while. Iit's not as cool as Edgar's
Mike Myers impression
but it's still pretty good.

The second banner is good too (Kefka has a Haste/Mag boost SB on the second one) but that will return during the SSB celebration so I might just wait for that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Good call. I may try get Dark Cecils RM3 before Barty appears. I've a 5+ Blazefire and my bestie Leon with HotE. I've a feeling Barty will be less trouble than Ruby.

Less trouble for retaliate strategies since you can have 4 melons and they essentially do the same thing.

More trouble for everything else.

Stupid medal requirements. They were on such a good roll too.

Grzi

Bought 900 gems, rolled the Edge and the Lightning banners, got nothing. Spent some more mythril on the FFXIII banner, nothing.
Meanwhile, everyone in the thread seems to be getting Lightning's SSB. What a shitty game, wish I could stop playing it lol.

WarAdept

I completely forgot that Tyro was a candidate for Advantilate! Thank goodness for the Pumpkin (and Sazh can spam Full Break/Breakdown with the NY gun).

Maybe I'll do okay on the Ultimate XIII battle...

Would love to craft barrage but man that would really set back the efforts for Meteor r3 which I can taste, 4 major earths and 6 major blacks away.

2MEOs from the Fang Bonus battles
2MBOs from Yuffie
2MEOs from Penelo
2MBOs from Penelo
2MEOs from Kefka (spares, but for note)
1MBO from Kefka

And 1 MBO needed from a dungeon update or daily drop or farming the clowns.

Of course, if conversion comes, that will make this problem go away.

Lightnings new RM is listed in-game. "Thunderstroke: Attack no longer has a delay after use". Like, isn't that Quick Hit that 5* ability nobody ever made because "Major Power Orb x10, Major Wind Orb x15" is lolwut territory.

Lightnings new RM is listed in-game. "Thunderstroke: Attack no longer has a delay after use". Like, isn't that Quick Hit that 5* ability nobody ever made because "Major Power Orb x10, Major Wind Orb x15" is lolwut territory.

I mean I guess there could be novelty in this rm for a fight like a hypothetical ultimate zorn and torn where their charged move goes off almost instantly and you need an instant counter at all times...?

alcheim

so whats better autobattling dailies thunderstroke or auto-haste? hmm.

I currently use this setup for auto-battling dailies

Zealot on Cloud
Double Hit on Sephiroth
Holy Blade on P Cecil
Blue Moon Barrage on Auron
Innate Healing on whoever needs to level up / drop RM.

It doesn't usually guarantee mastery on + difficulties, but it gets the job done

Rojo

So i tried to play a second account on my phone, but it looks like it overridden my main account i was on android so i figured it would link via google play while switching seems that isnt the case. Now i have this fresh account on my main google account and i have no idea how to reach my old one. I do remember taking a screenshot of my user id before doing this process and i have my friend code think thats enough to work with?

Kain

I dropped the game like 6 months ago because I was sick of the rngbastard, came back on a whim, managed to get 50 mythril in a relatively short time, pulled a 50 rellic draw and got... one FFX 5* veil and 10 3* junk.

This game hates me, rngjesus hates me, and I don't know why the fuck I came back to play this shit.

Grzi

Gave Yuna Diaga and suddenly she's able to dish out some nice damage. Not bad.
Also, can't believe Memento of Prayer, a spell I basically made right when I started playing, is still useful.

Did a 50 pull and got jack.

Went for a test run on 110 Barthandelus. Not entirely representative, but completely stomped it and will try it against the ultimate version:

Fang - Ice Jump / Double Cut
Lightning - Thundara Strike / Tempo Flurry
Sazh - Magic Breakdown / Armor Breakdown (Boon)
Y'Shtola - Renewing Cure / Protectga (Wall)
Gilgamesh - Retaliate / Pound

Thought about crafting Barrage to replace Pound but it'd only be R1 and i'll have enough MIO for Full Break R2 if i Master this Ultimate so i'll try like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom