• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Alright almost have Barrets MC. I'm at 0 stam so I'm gonna let it go back up to do the boss stage and then I'll think about refreshing to get the event finished so I can grind phase 2.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Guns are rare and useful. And which Tidus sword?

either way a FFX sword is really useful considering those events can get quite brutal. and if it is Lightning Steel then it is perfect for a spellblade character with Thundara Strike.
These are both great relics. Guns are extremely rare and both of Tidus' swords are good (especially Brotherhood)
Irvines gun is pretty good. His SB is great in VIII dungeons and guns are harder to get so now you can pass it to other gun users.
Well, my problem is that I don't have the MC for either character, so as soul breaks they're kind of useless. This is like when I got the harp for Edward, a character whose only purpose is to serve as a roaming warrior because he doesn't have any actual usefulness in the game itself. lol

Do you ever post without complaining?
Maybe when the game gives me something to not complain about. :p
The only thing close to good luck that I've had this week is getting three cactuar in a row during one of the battles.

MicH

Reminder: Full Break is available to craft!

Also, Edward is a pretty good support character for IV realms. I have his Harp too and can't wait for his MC

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Also, Edward is a pretty good support character for IV realms. I have his Harp too and can't wait for his MC

I haven't used him for any of the events since I got him, since he doesn't gain XP on the easier levels and on the hard levels I'm using all 65 characters... so he just sits there collecting a few hundred gold every day.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just got a gigantuar on hard and he dropped a major earth orb. Did not realize the big guy would appear on the hard rounds. Starting off with a bang.

They appear on all of them, just proportionally less from what I understand (e.g. the amount of stam to get them to pop is still the same on average, just you're getting less out of the normal orbs from the other mobs)

100 gem pull

DcoUT5tl.jpg

then i remembered i hadn't done the 2nd FF6 100 gem pull

mIQQZGYl.jpg

I got an enhancer with my 25 Mythril pull, so now i have two. Any advice on what I should do with it? I now have 6 5* FFVI swords, so power is no problem there. But how good is Enhancer when combined and is there anyone else besides Terra who can get use out of a sword that does more MAG damage than ATK?

With the amount of 5* Heavy Armors I have but no good 5* melee weapon, I realize that it's just like they are sending me to war with a tank that has no canon and no turret... All I can do with it is attempt to roll over the enemies but they can just slowly step aside as they see me coming... They won't hurt me much but I sure not gonna contribute to the war either.

100 gem pull

DcoUT5tl.jpg

mIQQZGYl.jpg

I got an enhancer with my 25 Mythril pull, so now i have two. Any advice on what I should do with it? I now have 6 5* FFVI swords, so power is no problem there. But how good is Enhancer when combined and is there anyone else besides Terra who can get use out of a sword that does more MAG damage than ATK?

Fuck this shit! Nothing personal to you but I am now 0/30 on getting a 5* on 100 gems pull. This makes me freaking pissed. Now on a personal level, congratulation you lucky bastard!

Falk

that puzzling face
and is there anyone else besides Terra who can get use out of a sword that does more MAG damage than ATK?

Celes and Golbez for starters.

GUESS WHAT I PULLED

RSFg25xl.jpg

now watch them add a quest for it with the bonus battles or something

edit: Auron's inability to use Full Break is all kinds of weirding me out.

Entropia

No One Remembers
ooh new phase of this orb festival and a new FF7 event!

Also: Where do I get Cloud's level cap break thing? I still have him capped at 50 :S

Falk

that puzzling face
ooh new phase of this orb festival and a new FF7 event!

Also: Where do I get Cloud's level cap break thing? I still have him capped at 50 :S

One of the Pursuit stages gives you MC1 - just do the event and it shows up on the stage select even

MC2 comes with the bonus battles. The ++ to be exact.

Celes and Golbez for starters.

Haha, not following well! Good thing reading week started today for me at Uni. Also, don't forget Tyro! He will be my Full Break carrier, he's my mitigation machine!

Time to decide how many Mythrils for this phase. Which abilities profit from this one?

Fuck it, the Cloud banner was too tempting. I need that Organics and Keepsake Ribbon!

Pv5OMDd.jpg

YES! I already have the gloves, but Organics is awesome!!

100 gem pull

DcoUT5tl.jpg

mIQQZGYl.jpg

Tell me more!

dFPV4JCl.jpg

Oh and this is not mine of course but here's a 7* Organics for 50 Mythrils:

a1UiiiV.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
Pretty much Earth for Quake (if you still insist on honing that), and 5* Earth for Meteor.

Most of the good stuff that uses white/holy also use wind :(

Could also hone Steal Defense, but that ALSO uses wind orbs fajskdfjaskdfjks

Is that DLC? Never seen him

edit: nm thought it was Persona

Wazzy

Banned
Okay I got a little emotional when Aeris's theme started playing against Jenova. ; ;

Anyways mastered fight and it wasn't too hard, just needed to get Sentinal RW off ASAP and shellga and fight was simple.

Valus

Got 3 5* from the 2nd lucky pull.

WoL SB (is this any good?)
Lightning SB (lol I don't even have her is she in the Hope banner?)
Thancred Armor (cool I guess? Maybe I'll start using him)

I really really wanted Organics so I blew 100 Mythril on Cloud's banner but of course, I didn't get it. I did pull a (2nd) Circlet and Edincoat I guess but man. So bummed about that. :( Should I just give up on it?

Falk

that puzzling face
Got 3 5* from the 2nd lucky pull.

WoL SB (is this any good?)
Lightning SB (lol I don't even have her is she in the Hope banner?)
Thancred Armor (cool I guess? Maybe I'll start using him)

I really really wanted Organics so I blew 100 Mythril on Cloud's banner but of course, I didn't get it. I did pull a (2nd) Circlet and Edincoat I guess but man. So bummed about that. :( Should I just give up on it?

- THE FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB IS: Never, ever pull relics (especially with cash) with the intent of getting a specific item.

^

also

I AM READY TO DISH OUT BEATDOWN

PoZZEwul.jpg

(RIP Barret)

It just dawned on me.. I was able to stay in phase 1 after it changed over to phase 2, but I only had one battle left to do which I'd completed and exited the dungeon... I wonder if instead I could have done the first or second battle repeatedly and stayed in the dungeon for the duration of the event. If so, I'm never leaving phase 3 lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
It just dawned on me.. I was able to stay in phase 1 after it changed over to phase 2, but I only had one battle left to do which I'd completed and exited the dungeon... I wonder if instead I could have done the first or second battle repeatedly and stayed in the dungeon for the duration of the event. If so, I'm never leaving phase 3 lol.

Holy shit

So, I'm a quasi-casual player:

- All classic dungeons cleared.
- All events cleared, usually until the extra battles on the elite side.
- All characters obtained.
- I have all of the "event" MCs -- I don't have, say, Summoner's at this point, because I'm overwhelmed, stamina-wise, on tackling elites.
- I've got the following natural 5*s: Judgment Staff (up to 5*++), Genji Shield (up to 5*+), Gold Bangle (up to 5*+), Danjuro, Buster Sword, Thunder Blade, Zantetsuken, Diamond Sword, Sun Blade, Shimmering Blade, Golden Spear, Heavy Lance, Sentinel's Grimoire, Silver Barrette, Emerald Shield, Kaiser Shield, Mystery Veil, Defense Veil, Adamant Vest, Genji Armor, ... and Safety Bit (lol). A few 4*++s, including Red Jacket and Ten-Gallon Hat.
- The following notable characters: Cloud, Vivi, Tidus at 65; a lot of others at 50+.
- ... my abilities are FINALLY getting honed during this Orb-fest.

What should I focus on? I'm usually always strapped for gil, above all else. Are there any abilities or RMs that I REALLY need to gun for? I've got r3 strikes, r2 Quake, r3 Breaks, r2 Breakdowns, r3 -gas, including Diaga.

That's what happened to me. It never kicked me out of the dungeon.

Road

I'm still in the black/dark/lightning dungeon. I don't want to leave, but all my chars are gonna be 50 soon and all the xp will go to waste. If I knew you could stay inside, I would have brought only level broken chars.

Second lucky relic draw got me Zwill Blade and my second Ras Algethi (no, that's not the gun I want).

7 out of my 19 natural 5* are from FFXII. Sigh.

broz0rs

2nd phase Lucky Draw yielded Tyro's SG book, Aerith's healing stick, and Tifa's grand glove. Man, I love this event.

EDIT: Prayed to the Cult of THREE on the Cloud banner and got a Murasame.

WarAdept

Seeing all these people on Reddit and over here get 5+ 5* Relics or get coveted ones like Runeblade or Vega's...

...That Leviathan pouch is looking pretty tempting right now.

I won't get it. Promise.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, if you have a playerbase of 7 digits (reportedly) even a 0.001% occurrence is likely to happen to ~10 people.

And then, from that point on, if there was a 90% chance to break the bad luck streak, that'd be a 1 in 10 chance of the bad luck streak continues and is probably going to happen to 1 of those mooks.

Don't kill yourself mr unlucky-san. :(

edit: Hahahah wow, the first clear of heroic stage 2 just for the clear/mastery bonus also yielded 2 gigantuars and 3 cactuars, for 1 major 4 greater in drops.

First actual 'farming' run (e.g. included in spreadsheet data) dropped another 3 greaters.

I KNOW WHERE ALL MY LUCK WENT.

It's like one of those crazy D&D games where you take all the points out of charisma and put them in strength or something.

Nohar

Lullaby Rod get.

And I now have a 4*+ Gravity Rod too.
Mage meta, here I come!

EDIT: I did a 3x pull on the Cloud banner (I thought: hey, why not after all?).
I got the Shinra Helmet.
And Organix.

Rojo

Decided that ive been having good luck so i should test it out on the cloud banner did an 11 pull got 1 murasame. Unsatisfied i decided to pull one more time got 2 organics and barrets gun..not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom