• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

Boss rush is harder than anticipated. Brynhildr is extremely fast and his physical AE really hurts with only protectga. His AE wipes my party a few times.

All other 3 are a pushover though.

MicH

Ultimate Barthandelus down. Easiest ultimate for me so far. Counter Dispels were annoying, but he really doesn't do much damage if you have proper mitigation up

Falk

that puzzling face
But but but that doesn't really have anything to do with mitigation!

(MicH's right tho, Barth's numbers seem to have been tuned assuming you're eating Dispels half the time. It's P1 that really hurts)

MicH

When you have a 5+ ssb aug 7 13 weapon I wonder why :p
She demolished the little dude weak to lightning so fast. I also ran Lifesiphon for for this fight and got to use Lightning's SSB three times without an SB building RM. Pretty good!

RE: Bryndhildr, yeah she hit surprisingly hard in the boss rush especially if you couldn't get some form of mitigation up before she went ham

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Holy crap finally just tried ultimate Rubicante for the first time and I'm not even close to being able to pull that off. Even with Magic Break and Shellga a character is down by around round 3 no matter what I do.

I easily Advandaliated Yunalesca, too.

Will try the boss rush content monday after exp daily, I'm getting close to max stamina at 142 and blazing a trail through old elite content I think I'll be fully caught up by end of January

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Holy crap finally just tried ultimate Rubicante for the first time and I'm not even close to being able to pull that off. Even with Magic Break and Shellga a character is down by around round 3 no matter what I do.

I easily Advandaliated Yunalesca, too.

OK, so, I tweaked my party and tried this again - is it normal for Magic Breakdown to get Resisted ~30+ times in a row? Do I just need to keep S/L until it sticks?

I think something is up because it hasn't ever landed.

Balphon

OK, so, I tweaked my party and tried this again - is it normal for Magic Breakdown to get Resisted ~30+ times in a row? Do I just need to keep S/L until it sticks?

I think something is up because it hasn't ever landed.

Most event bosses will "resist" break effects. The effect still lands, but it is half as effective as usual.

Kapow

Just beat the boss rush with retaliate and draw fire. Can't imagine how ridiculous that fight must be without cheesing it, the guy was going nuts attacking like 5 times in a row

Negator

Just tried ultimate Bartandalus. No. Just no. I'm sitting this one out. Unless there is a way to cheese this this is not happening.

Championed the Ultimate boss on the first try. Having the 5 star Blazefire Saber to equip on Cloud in order to retaliate and advance worked wonders. This was just like the yunalesca fight for me. Pathetically easy due to one piece of gear. I even stupidly used Clouds default crappy Soul Break Sonic Break inbetween a retaliate turn at which the point the boss dispelled me and I thought I doomed myself. Recovered from that mistake and still mastered it.

Here was my team,

Cloud Materia Pride of the Red Wings
Quickness R3 Retaliate R5

Yshtola Materia Mako Might
Protectga R2 Curaga R5

Aeries Materia Double Hit
Shellga R2 Curaga R4

Lightning Materia Zeal
Fira Strike R4 Tempo Flurry R5

Fang Materia Theifs Code
Boost R5 Tempo Flurry R5

I thought fira strike might burn down one of the beginning parts quicker but I used it once before I began bashing Cloud. It truly helped having two healers for this.

The ++ fight against the Warmech gave me way more trouble interestingly enough. I had to retry that one 4 times because it would keep using it's beam attack 4 times in a row on me. Wtf rng bbq

Woo, I think I burned through twenty so Elite Dungeons this week in between clearing events and Tuesday Daily.

I managed to math out a rather perfect run yesterday that left me at 4/5 shards right before sleepy time, so I can clear a 61 stamina and get four free EXP runs.

Also, RIP all those 5★ above. Just.. no.

Ended up going with Retaliate for Ultimate B. I really hate to use it but at least I didn't use Advance. (Just a playstyle preference)

The fight is either asking for that or good SSB. Doable with reflect and mages but it can be frustrating and slow with 2 characters who can't cast. Almost got it that way but I got tired of trying.

Edit: Looks like there is a viable strategy going full mitigation + Heroic Harmony RW. Looks interesting as a non retaliate way. Didn't think about that sb at all!

Grzi

The game is starting to get REALLY fun for me. The Lunar Subterrane (classic lol) bosses are kicking my ass. Managed to barely beat the White Dragon but right now I'm at the Dark Bahamut fight and I definitely wasn't prepared for it, especially the Mega Flare right at the start. Don't know how I'll pull myself out of this mess but I'm having a lot of fun.

EDIT:
Yeah, dispelling Reflect makes this one much easier lol, he keeps casting Flare on himself.

Balphon

Ended up going with Retaliate for Ultimate B. I really hate to use it but at least I didn't use Advance. (Just a playstyle preference)

The fight is either asking for that or good SSB. Doable with reflect and mages but it can be frustrating and slow with 2 characters who can't cast. Almost got it that way but I got tired of trying.

Edit: Looks like there is a viable strategy going full mitigation + Heroic Harmony RW. Looks interesting as a non retaliate way. Didn't think about that sb at all!

Yeah, I was thinking about using HH over Wall as a RW just to make dispel less of a disaster. It'd be less powerful due to break resist but probably work better in the long run.

Jarekx

Bart Mastered. No Reta ( I probably should've but I was being stubborn).

The team was:

Vanille - Ruinga, Drainga ( Oerba's Boon )
Tyro - Full Break, Magic Breakdown ( SG )
Lightning - Drain Strike, Lifesiphon ( Crushing Blow )
Fang - Launch, Power Break ( Pulsar )
Aerith - Shellga, Curaga ( Planet Protector )

RW: Heroic Harmony

First phase wasn't too bad. I just used shell and SG to mitigate with Ruinga bringing them down pretty quick. Tried to time last hit to get HH as soon as Bart was up. I waited til I had two charges of Lights SSB, refreshed Full break and Planet Protector and then did nothing but Soul Break til Light and Fang had used it up. I really didn't want to get hit with dispel. After that it was a couple hits til he died. Took 3 S/L's to get things down.

Maybe I'll pull on the beginner banner and get SLB for a bit more burst in the future. It's looking pretty tempting.

elty

I think I am going with

Tyro - Retaliate and Steal power
Fang - double cut and lightening jump
Lightening - double cut and waterga strike
Hope - curaga and shellga
someone - protectga and magic breakdown

Falk

that puzzling face
Credit from all the way back to 2013. Didn't mean to make it sound like it was a motherlode or renewable resource.

I'd be very surprised if it ever gets to the point it can sustain $2 a week.

ccbfan

Any advice on rubicante

I'm going advantaliate since my magic isn't honed higher enough to kill him. I can only get him to half.

His blaze is destroying me.

Even with SG and shellga he does 1k damage and its aoe . I can't heal fast enough. Plus he keeps hiding my thief is using steal 2 out of 3 turns.

Also does SG and mogs heroic Dance stack?

Any advice on rubicante

I'm going advantaliate since my magic isn't honed higher enough to kill him. I can only get him to half.

His blaze is destroying me.

Even with SG and shellga he does 1k damage and its aoe . I can't heal fast enough. Plus he keeps hiding my thief is using steal 2 out of 3 turns.

Also does SG and mogs heroic Dance stack?

Are you bringing two healers? Because if not you totally should

ccbfan

Are you bringing two healers? Because if not you totally should

Yup two healers.

My team is

Lenna(curaga, protect)
Vannille(curaga, wateraga)
Tyro(steal power, double hit)
Cecil(shellga, double hit)
Cloud(retaliate, blizzaga strike)

Biggest problem is I only do 6k damage with advance and he does blaze half his moves.

Also I don't have the orbs for curaja.

Took down Ult. Barty. The lack of a native wall forced me to drop Advance in favour of Mog's heroic harmony, but it all worked out and I championed it. This was the easiest Ultimate battle so far for me.

WarAdept

Hmm, I'm curious now. People have been figuring out that Mog's Heroic Harmony is one of the premiere SB's to use for U Barty now, but I don't think I can put out that much damage without Retaliate.

As far as my 5 star XIII gear goes, it's basically New Years Gun, Pumpkin and Skycutter (thank you 100 gem pull!). With no native wall and lack of Rank 4 important stuff (Breakdowns, Spellblades, etc), I don't think I can do the whole battle of attrition thing with it.

Yup two healers.

My team is

Lenna(curaga, protect)
Vannille(curaga, wateraga)
Tyro(steal power, double hit)
Cecil(shellga, double hit)
Cloud(retaliate, blizzaga strike)

Biggest problem is I only do 6k damage with advance and he does blaze half his moves.

Also I don't have the orbs for curaja.

Have you tried bringing Celes with her Magic Shield default SB? That can help with damage mitigation and she can use double cut.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there anything similar for iOS/iTunes?
Naw. The Google thing is so they can collect more data from people. Apple doesn't really do that.

---

I never thought about using it, since her all-heal is the only thing I use, but does Vanille's deprotectga/deshellga stack with breakdowns and other debuffs?

Man Bart was the easiest of the ultimates and I was running advantalite with tyro and the Vegas, so not a lot of hitting power there. Cid Raines actually require more resets, 2, than Bart. So glad I held my mythril and didn't spend on these banners, would not have benefitted me much at all. Hoarding for the next festival.

Falk

that puzzling face
Barthandelus was a mess.

Still took one setup without changes, although a shit ton of savescumming just to not take too much damage/time (buffs run out -> more damage) on the first phase. Happy happy joy joy when Barth cast Haste on the same pauldron twice in a row instead of Veil.

No good XIII melee weapon really comes back around again - had the same issue with Brynhildr +++ a lifetime ago, although that was at least doable with mage meta instead due to vulnerabilities.

I very nearly quit and did an offensive mitigation setup rather than a defensive mitigation setup (Full Break/Breakdown/Mog RM instead of Wall/Shellga/Protectga, switch Y'shtola out for Yuna/AOE heal) which would probably have gone smoother*, but 60 staaaaaam.

Compared to my usual screenies of the party being near-full HP:

ZH1pY8ql.jpg

Oh well, that was the worst of the Ultimates for me - next difficult one that I don't have a bunch of good melee weapons would be Necrophobe, and even that has the same Fire/Lightning/Ice reqs (he's weak to them) as Ex Death so the party is freeform.

p.s. didn't pull~

edit: JUST AS WELL
sZMCQTL.png

edit2: *Because
- No need to worry about mitigation buff timers running out at the wrong time
- No need to worry about Dispel
- Can pack Drainga/Drain Strikes
- Not relying on a wall opens up more SB gauge options esp. AOE heals
(There's a very real issue of losing two action medals, though without any XIII melee weapons)

My FFXIII gear isn't so great so at first I thought I wouldn't be able to drag Lightning and Fang along, so I just completed it without them.

But then I saw this really great setup on Reddit, tried it out, and it worked very well. Still a tense fight, but definitely doable. Would recommed for anyone struggling with Mastery on this one, as all the gear is free. (Requires a few high level hones, but nothing radical.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom