• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally this is where I would be complaining that we're getting yet another Final Fantasy VII event, but since it's Yuffie, I'll be nice.

And yes, having one of my most favorite Final Fantasy characters coming from one of my most hated Final Fantasy games is.. something. I don't know what, exactly, but yeah.

WarAdept

Yuffie's Clear Tranquil is pretty amazing (and I've come to love anyone who can use Steal Power). She'd be near permanent if I could manage to pull it from the 100 gem.

Because all my mithril is going towards Ramza's Scream and never getting it.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
MC3s will be something different/special, I think. I think they're probably 6 months away in Japan at the earliest - 12 months in Global.

My theory is that MC3s/level cap will introduce a new RM3 system that boosts passive skills party-wide and introduces a never-ending grind. Sorta like the Paragon system in Diablo 3. Hit the lvl 99 cap, and unlock someone's RM3, which then boosts things party-wide like gold gain, drop chance, maybe something like Stam refill timers, etc. Then the effect of that skill grows a little tiny bit each time you gain another level above level 99.

Spocker

Holy shit. I'm reading a post on FFRK Reddit about Ultimate Beatrix.

This sounds impossible.

I've got quite some good FF9 synergy weaponside (including a 7* sword), but I'm still doubting i'd be able to kill her without any Holy Trinity SB's.

On another note, has anyone heard any rumblings on when the next dungeon update is dropping? Been 15 days since the last one now.

alcheim

Yes, from Reddit :

sR3srhn.png

Bout time they showed more love to the core characters.

Hopefully they'll release the MC1/2 for Warrior. Poor guy... he's been there since day one, but still can't unlock his hidden potential.

On a semi-related note, are there any other relics aside from light rod, light staff, madhura harp, killer bow, gaia vest that grant soul breaks to the core characters?

Yuffie's Clear Tranquil is pretty amazing (and I've come to love anyone who can use Steal Power). She'd be near permanent if I could manage to pull it from the 100 gem.

Because all my mithril is going towards Ramza's Scream and never getting it.
Since I was the one that asked to have The First Rule of Fight Club added to the OP, I should stick to it, haha.

That and I already have a pretty good amount of 5★ items for VII.

However, if I'm reading into it correctly, I am considering changing my Beginner's Relic to Rinoa's; it's a high MAG throw weapon, which would be ideal for Yuffie and potential ninja scroll usage.

This sounds impossible.
I have two Wall relics, Boon, two (small) multi-Cure relics and a Sap relic.

That probably still doesn't mean much, haha.

Oh, I also have a 5★ MAG weapon and two 5★ robes for IX, so who knows.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have two Wall relics, Boon, two (small) multi-Cure relics and a Sap relic.

That probably still doesn't mean much, haha.

Oh, I also have a 5★ MAG weapon and two 5★ robes for IX, so who knows.

If all else fails, there's always absurdly stupid strats like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh6Lu2N_5kE

(Holy = savescum)

^ (On that note, remember that there's no 'don't get KO'd' medal req, so if she actually does Holy someone at like 15% might as well just plow on)

Balphon

This sounds impossible.

Might find some use for Rosa's relic.

Since I was the one that asked to have The First Rule of Fight Club added to the OP, I should stick to it, haha.

That and I already have a pretty good amount of 5★ items for VII.

However, if I'm reading into it correctly, I am considering changing my Beginner's Relic to Rinoa's; it's a high MAG throw weapon, which would be ideal for Yuffie and potential ninja scroll usage.

I was thinking of doing the same. A mage thrown would be great for ninja magic and Rinoa's default SB is particularly bad.

WarAdept

Well this banners 100 gem round managed to nab me a Precious Watch. I'll take it! More AoE heals are always welcome.

Also thank god Event Quests are released at the same time as the event. Let's see how far I can push Yuffie.

OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

DENAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RNG JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H8aDZVDl.jpg

o63NH6L.gif

I received my most wanted relic from a free daily draw, this is the second time I pull a 5* relic from a free draw.

I'm crying.

Kyari

Telescopic baton from a 100 gem
Platinum Fist and Turk Suit from an 11x

I've been playing since launch and that makes my first 5* Rod so I am thrilled by it, and I've taken a run at banners every time a weapon for Tifa has been available to no avail so I am happy to finally have one for my girl.

MicH

Oh damn, I finally got my third 5* on a 100 gem pull. Unfortunately it was the useless FFVIII Metal Knuckles. Better than a shitty 3* thiugh!

So far I've gotten Mog's Heroic Scarf, a Zantetsuken and the VIII Knuckles

BasilZero

OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

DENAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RNG JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H8aDZVDl.jpg

o63NH6L.gif

I received my most wanted relic from a free daily draw, this is the second time I pull a 5* relic from a free draw.

I'm crying.

Oh nice - didnt know you can get a five star relic or weapon/armor from free relic draw until I got my own just few days ago - A Ice brand lol.

I kind of wish trading were in this tbh. It would add another sense of being in a community with other players. Plus I'm sure everyone has some stuff they never equip and I'm positive there are some poor unfortunate souls who never get anything good.

hesho

I kind of wish trading were in this tbh. It would add another sense of being in a community with other players. Plus I'm sure everyone has some stuff they never equip and I'm positive there are some poor unfortunate souls who never get anything good.

ummm bot farms would ruin the game..

What abilities are you guys giving Yuffie to solo these elites? For the first couple picking a strong SSB as RW should do the job but not sure that will cut it for the latter ones.

MicH

What abilities are you guys giving Yuffie to solo these elites? For the first couple picking a strong SSB as RW should do the job but not sure that will cut it for the latter ones.
I'll probably go something like Steal Power + Steal HP or Tempo Flurry + Steal HP. Blindga is also nice to bring as most of the bosses are vulnerable to it so you can avoid a lot of damage that way

Falk

that puzzling face
I have an Adamant Bangle and a VII 5* fist.

I think I'm going to be a dumbass and do Solo Yuffie quest prior to getting her MC (no Solitude).

If you give me 2 minutes I'll actually attempt this and then I can come back and say I regret it.

edit: I regret it.

MicH

I have an Adamant Bangle and a VII 5* fist.

I think I'm going to be a dumbass and do Solo Yuffie quest prior to getting her MC (no Solitude).

If you give me 2 minutes I'll actually attempt this and then I can come back and say I regret it.

edit: I regret it.
:lol :lol

I may try and do the MC mission first, but I'll probably regret it like you

I can't wait for the bonus battles. Red XIII MC2! AND his RM2 is Support Spring II! Since I have his Diamond Pin I don't think he'll ever leave my party - at least not until I get a different Hastega (if I get another one)

Grzi

Got two Tungsten Bangles (XIII) with a shared SB AoE heal. How does it compare to the FFVII watch (Precious Watch?) everyone seems to like?
Still no Peacekeeper though :(
I'll probably skip most banners after the FFIX one and wait for the SSB orb fest and the FFVII AC event.

MicH

Slowly making my way through the Yuffie solo missions. Just beat the penguin. Bring Blindga for it! Also, Sephiroth SSB does a shit ton of damage with synergy. 9999 x 4 is really good when you can only bring Yuffie!

EDIT Solo'ed all the event quest missions with Yuffie up to her MC. Now doing the last solo mission with the Loner RM

Man, yuffie at level 59 for me has an atk of 420, Dragon Claw + (the vestiges of a failed attempt for Cloud's ssb, actually is quite strong), Crystal Bangle 4++ and the Wolf Earing. Throw on Loner and she is good to go solo. I was toying with haste over loner, we'll see for her last solo mission in a few hours.

edit: rw as northswain's glow is not a good option for healing, reset for a real healing rw!

Also, Sephiroth SSB does a shit ton of damage with synergy. 9999 x 4 is really good when you can only bring Yuffie!

Definitely - it murders the bosses. I'm quite enjoying this event, have to actually think about the dungeons again instead of autobattling through it's pretty fun!

Pulled Reno's Rod too from 100 gem which was lucky - I don't really intend on using Reno much but it's a much needed caster weapon for VII. Any Ninja's who can use rods?

So that Evil Latern on Yuffie makes the solo quests silly.

The added evasion means most attacks miss, and the ones that do get in are reduced since you can be in the back row.

I had a Gold Armlet to do Protectga Soul Break on the boss, but it was not needed, it was hitting for 200.

MicH

Done with all the event quests - did them all in one try too. Was actually quite fun. It's not often I try going through these event elites with only one unit (or three as the last one required)

Okay, the second Yuffie quest was a little rougher, but that was my fault for auto-battling the first two levels.

I'm still going for the third quest, not to conserve stamina (who cares), but just to be arrogant.

This time I'll probably auto the first level until the last dude and Steal HP it to top off. Protectga at the start of second level and auto until the last dude and Steal HP (unless I need two Steal HPs). Auto third level until pre-boss dude, Protectga and top off if needed. Boss will take two Sephiroth Black Materias (and hope for Sap), then Steal Power and Steal HP until win.

Falk

that puzzling face
Protip: remember petrify resist trinket

:|

edit: I just got trolled by someone who had a Black Materia RW and it did like 2k x 4 damage. Went to check his profile after and he has some random 2* FFIX dagger equipped.

WHY

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS

edit2: this is the worst event ever, bring on Beatrix.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm still new-ish to the game but I'm really not understanding how ANY of these missions can be done solo with Yuffie? I can barely clear content of this difficulty with a full party without resorting to Retaliate.

I mean, it seems like one healing skill is a must, leaving you with just one other skill slot for the whole thing... I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm still new-ish to the game but I'm really not understanding how ANY of these missions can be done solo with Yuffie? I can barely clear content of this difficulty with a full party without resorting to Retaliate.

I mean, it seems like one healing skill is a must, leaving you with just one other skill slot for the whole thing... I feel like I'm missing something.
Level 65 Yuffie with even a 3★++ (which you get in the event) can auto most of it.

She can use Steal HP to heal up.

You don't have to master, just clear. Hone up steal hp to r4 or r5 and use it every other round if need be. Use a vii multi hit rw against the boss. Clear the mem crystal stage with a full team and she can use loner.

Steal power and steal hp. Or steal hp and tempo flurry. If you took the dagger or the gloves from the Xmas gift then you have a pretty decent equip in one of your slots.

Edit: she can use blindga against the bosses as well.

Yeah Steal HP/Blindga is probably the safest ability set for Yuffie with Solitude in the back row with pumpkin. Should make her basically invincible and if something does go wrong you have steal hp to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom