• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

I didn't even have Yuffie level broken until the last one since the third quest unlocks her MC.

That said, without decent hones on Steal HP and Steal Power along with some strong FFVII damage RWs the quests will be a bit of a headache.

I got to learn to play this game...

What's a "3★++"?

A 3★ rarity item that has been combined twice.

I got to learn to play this game...

What's a "3★++"?
A 3★ item combined twice. This makes it a 5★, but it still (basically) has the stats of a 3★. However, it gets the synergy bonus of a 5★, which can make them stronger than a native 5★ item without synergy.

Really enjoying this event. Egged Yuffie to 45, then soloed the whole second part (apart from the last floor) by timing my level-ups for right before the boss with a few more eggs in order to restore my health & ability uses. Fun event! Fun missions.

Now I just have to wait until the Ultimate makes me want to destroy the universe and i'll take it all back!

WarAdept

DId all the Yuffie Quests while Mastering at the same time.

Required a lot of S/L on the stage with Yuffie's crystal due to losing medals on trash from damage. Once I got it however, Yuffie with Loner was hitting for 8k+ with auto attacks.

Steal HP + Blindga/Tempo McFlurry (depending on the boss) and Black Materia RW seems to be the thing here.

Slapped the last one with Cloud/Yuffie/Red XIII. The only thing to fear is Gravity, as Blindga makes his melee a non-issue and Red spamming Full Break and Magic Breakdown negates his magic.

Balphon

Really enjoying this event. Egged Yuffie to 45, then soloed the whole second part (apart from the last floor) by timing my level-ups for right before the boss with a few more eggs in order to restore my health & ability uses. Fun event! Fun missions.

Now I just have to wait until the Ultimate makes me want to destroy the universe and i'll take it all back!

Thankfully Godo seems like a joke compared to the previous ultimates.

The ones for the next two events, however, not so much.

not looking forward to beatrix ultimate at all. I've spent a ton of mythril trying to get even one melee IX weapon and failed, but I do have vivi's first staff two hypno crowns and two light armors, so defensively I'm pretty stout. so I guess it will be all mages and pcecil and hope for the best. hopefully when Beatrix is in her weak mode I can hit her with vivis' double bio and lulus triple firaga to get her down fast. will have 100 mythril but do not want to burn it on this event unless absolutely necessary. who knows maybe we'll get a dungeon update and orb combining in the interim and I can roll out with Bahamut and Meteor r3s.

elty

So using Tyro as a retaliator is a horrible idea as he cannot get SG up fast enough and Barthandelus ALWAYS smiles or ruinga me right before I can land breakdown.

WarAdept

So using Tyro as a retaliator is a horrible idea as he cannot get SG up fast enough and Barthandelus ALWAYS smiles or ruinga me right before I can land breakdown.

I used Tyro as my Retaliator. I made sure that I queued up my last killing blow on Pauldron/Ailette with Full Break/Steal Power/whatever mitigation so that it's up before he had a chance to do anything.

Maybe use SG when the remaining Pauldron/Ailette is around half health to make sure?

I didn't master the third quest. My setup/strategy was okay, but I should have Steal HPed more of the small enemies just to get rid of them quicker, everything needed two regular attacks, which made me lose both medals on Damage Taken despite filling up easily. The added uses weren't really needed on the boss since it was doing tiny damage with constant Protectga or Steal Power.

However, the fourth quest was a joke after Loner/Solitude and Level 65.

Yeah I'm not bothering to attempt the solo quest and mastery on the same run, bu bu bu efficiency of stamina but considering I waste enough stamina to make Falk roll over in his grave I won't worry about it.

Noi

hi

I've been playing this again since... the Cloud MC2 event? I forget. Still have atrocious pull luck (somehow managed to pull three different 5* whips but still no god damn Katana?), but at least I managed to clear every Ultimate so far + Omega when he came out. Still cant pull a unique relic to save my life, so i'm hoarding for the lucky pulls, whenever they happen.

(in b4 i get 0/?? in all of the lucky pull banners anyway)

edit: I did the Yuffie solo quests p easilly with Steal Power R3/4 and Steal HP at R3, but I picked the xmas dagger specifically for her in the first place.

broz0rs

hi

I've been playing this again since... the Cloud MC2 event? I forget. Still have atrocious pull luck (somehow managed to pull three different 5* whips but still no god damn Katana?), but at least I managed to clear every Ultimate so far + Omega when he came out. Still cant pull a unique relic to save my life, so i'm hoarding for the lucky pulls, whenever they happen.

(in b4 i get 0/?? in all of the lucky pull banners anyway)

hi yung Falk

MrDaravon

Lord it's gonna take me forever to catch up with dungeons :(. I'm up to like 123 stamina, but between keeping up with current event battles I feel like I'm barely touching any of the core dungeons.

My stamina usage since original Orbfest is somewhere in the 75-80% range. There are more than a couple of days I literally let stam rot over 24 hours.

You monster

Falk

that puzzling face
See, if I was to put X hours into this game, I might as well shuffle those X hours into where they give me the most benefit. That's why I poopsocked Orbfest #1, so I can relax now and just not even do dailies if I don't want to.

Still can't skip XP daily and I try to make an effort to empty the stamina bar on Tuesday dailies, but outside of that I don't particularly care. Probably will start spending stam more again when Heroic+ dailies hit, since 1) better stam/reward ratio 2) faster to empty the bar

WarAdept

Slowly but surely...

Screenshot_2016-01-21-13-21-26_zpstwiwyj1d.png

Xetherion

Can Pagoda 1st floor be mastered without exploiting the boss's wind weakness? Trying to do solo missions at same time and don't want to waste a skill slot on wind slash.

Edit: nvm, took wind slash anyway, Gorkii is so weak he's a joke.

Actually FFI content coming, (Princess Sarah, Garland, new relics, etc.) not just the two Mobius characters.

Record Drive details are starting to come out too.

MicH

Haha, oh DeNA. Yesterday I emailed them to hear if I was ever gonna get the Welcome Pack I applied for months ago. Today I got it. So if you filled out the form in August and haven't gotten the pack yet: email them

MicH

Also, banners have been translated up to the Freya / Garnet MC2 event. Looks like we're not getting the WoL event for some reason

Funny, no announcement, just dropped.

I shattered 18 abilities, I've been hovering around 150 for ages. But bye second copies of Phoenix and firaja.

Now I will convert all of my one and two star orbs to three star orbs and see where I am at. Is tonight the night for meteor r3; I think it is! Second copy of life siphon to r3 or r4, yes!

MicH

Converted my 1*, 2* and 3* Black orbs to majors. Just need one more to hone Meteor to R3 which I'll get from the Yuffie bonus battles

Also converted my 3* Summon Orbs yo greaters. Now have R4 Maduin :)

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm holding off on r5 Maduin myself. The goal still eventually is 2x NE and 1x each of the elemental 4*s, especially with summon changes hitting in about 3 months, but r3 Maduin seems like an OK-enough stopgap while I skip on over to r5 Alexander, Levi, etc. and ultimately is going to be disassembled to help hone Bahamut to r3 and on anyway.

Also finally made and r5'd Curaja.

edit: Man, I thought 85M Gil would finally become useful with Orb Conversion.

Nope, Orb Conversion (even in the 5 digit realm of 3*->5*) made barely a small dent in it.

So what's the best way to do the Yuffie quests? My problem is that she's too hurt before I can get to the boss.

Steal HP is great for sustainment - then take either Blindga or Tempo Flurry depending on the boss and a strong RW like Black Materia to do majority of damage to the boss.

So what's the best way to do the Yuffie quests? My problem is that she's too hurt before I can get to the boss.
Loner/Solitude RM, bring a honed Steal HP and Blindga. Use a multi-hit FFVII friend summon like Black Materia.

At the end of each stage, use Steal HP to finish the last enemy. Same with the last enemy before each boss. Blind the boss. Use the friend summon. Finish with Steal HP if necessary.

Noi

Guess I'll keep Valefor at R4 for the forseeable future. Would like to actually use these NE orbs to hone my breakdowns/get started on Madiun.

If I didn't have a use for Greater Summon orbs, I could have crafted and honed my lord and savior Bahamut to R2 by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom