• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

First attempt at ult bart, switching advance on retaliate gilgamesh with steal power retaliate tyro so I can bring a better rw. Was gonna use emerald light for the hastega but gonna try lenna's heal with greater regen. Have a native wall from ysholta plan to pop it in phase 2. Also giving ysholta magic breakdown and switching out Rinoa who has an ssb for Vanille who while I have her deprotectega but more importantly she can use shellga.
I've been playing since the beginning and this post still gave me a headache

First attempt at ult bart, switching advance on retaliate gilgamesh with steal power retaliate tyro so I can bring a better rw. Was gonna use emerald light for the hastega but gonna try lenna's heal with greater regen. Have a native wall from ysholta plan to pop it in phase 2. Also giving ysholta magic breakdown and switching out Rinoa who has an ssb for Vanille who while I have her deprotectega but more importantly she can use shellga.
You'll probably want to put your first Stoneskin II up somewhere after killing the first little dude (unless you are able to take them both out very quickly). Once it gets amped it will cast area spells that manage to hit for 1800 or so even with Shell.

c-murph

A 3★ item combined twice. This makes it a 5★, but it still (basically) has the stats of a 3★. However, it gets the synergy bonus of a 5★, which can make them stronger than a native 5★ item without synergy.

Ah, ok. So if I get two identical 5★ items and combine them will it be a 10★? What if I had 3 identical 5★ items and combined them... or is there some sort of combining cap?

I've been playing since the beginning and this post still gave me a headache

Sorry/not sorry

You'll probably want to put your first Stoneskin II up somewhere after killing the first little dude (unless you are able to take them both out very quickly). Once it gets amped it will cast area spells that manage to hit for 1800 or so even with Shell.

Yeah, probably should have but I still won by procing the heal + greater heal at that point instead.

Mastery get either way, was too afraid to use magic breakdown on ultimate bart since with just wall he really didn't deal that much damage combo with shellga/protectega and his only scary move was bap in ruin and only if it hit someone 3 times. I was smart from my earlier post and remembered my shared aoe cure from the gaia gear and put that on vanille. Tyro with fang's weapon and power steal was doing about 4500 per retaliated hit at 65.

Ah, ok. So if I get two identical 5★ items and combine them will it be a 10★? What if I had 3 identical 5★ items and combined them... or is there some sort of combining cap?
An item can be combined twice, and each combination only adds one ★, for a max for 7★ (aka 5★++).

Combined items only get a minor stat boost, which is why most people refer to them with ++.

For example, a 3★ item combined twice will show as a 5★ in the game (it will have ++ in the item name so you know it's been combined), but a native 5★ will be EXTREMELY more powerful.

However, synergy is based on the ★ level of an item, each ★ level gives the item an extra bump if it's used in the proper realm. At this point, a 3★++ item with synergy will probably be more powerful than a native 5★ item without synergy.

MrDaravon

Uhhhhh I think I'm missing something obvious here. Going through Core dungeons, just got to the FFX one where you fight Seymour with the funky thing attached to him. The starting battle dialogue says to focus on Seymour first. I killed Seymour, then the thing cast a Drain spell on my party members over and over uninterrupted until I died and failed the battle.

Did....did I misunderstand something? lol

c-murph

An item can be combined twice, and each combination only adds one ★, for a max for 7★ (aka 5★++).

Combined items only get a minor stat boost, which is why most people refer to them with ++.

For example, a 3★ item combined twice will show as a 5★ in the game (it will have ++ in the item name so you know it's been combined), but a native 5★ will be EXTREMELY more powerful.

However, synergy is based on the ★ level of an item, each ★ level gives the item an extra bump if it's used in the proper realm. At this point, a 3★++ item with synergy will probably be more powerful than a native 5★ item without synergy.

Ah, Awesome. Thanks for the explanation!

Uhhhhh I think I'm missing something obvious here. Going through Core dungeons, just got to the FFX one where you fight Seymour with the funky thing attached to him. The starting battle dialogue says to focus on Seymour first. I killed Seymour, then the thing cast a Drain spell on my party members over and over uninterrupted until I died and failed the battle.

I think that's a bug, I've heard of that happening before.

Once you kill Seymour the battle should end.

Bug, whats supposed to happen if you kill the bug is that he's supposed to drain seymore to stay alive

Kouriozan

Alright, sitting at 118 stamina, and 83 more dungeons until I caught up on classic... but then there is a dungeon update in one hour...
Thankfully the dungeon updates will slow down after this one.
Edit : the DU is tomorrow, tonight are the bonus battles.

MrDaravon

I think that's a bug, I've heard of that happening before.

Once you kill Seymour the battle should end.

Bug, whats supposed to happen if you kill the bug is that he's supposed to drain seymore to stay alive

Well at least I'm not going crazy. Still sucks though, didn't want to pop a mythril to redo since I wasn't sure what had happened. No actual stamina loss since I have enough to go grab my 5th stamina shard somewhere else before I run out, but still annoying.

Noi

Relic tally for this event: Two 100 gem pulls, two 3x pulls (one on each banner) and a few #yolo single pulls.

Only a single 4 star Ninja Suit IV, the rest were all 3* garbage. Rolling Gatcha fuckin' when.

Relic tally for this event: Two 100 gem pulls, two 3x pulls (one on each banner) and a few #yolo single pulls.

Only a single 4 star Ninja Suit IV, the rest were all 3* garbage. Rolling Gatcha fuckin' when.

Never unless the game starts to do a lot worse, Japan had rolling gatcha a long time ago

Balphon

100 gems gave me a third FFXII Diamond Sword, leaving me with 4 different 4*++ FFXII melee weapons. All different types, too (sword, hammer, axe, spear).

Really would like Yuffie's headband but even if I had mythril to burn the rest of this banner is terrible.

hesho

i seriously find that the more you want an item, the less likely you will get it. So when you pull, expect a 3* but hope for a 5*. that is pretty much how i go anyway. Less frustration this way.

and...

anyone pass the ultimate yet? i don't have enough stamina so i am just waiting.. i am just unsure if i need to bring break/down or not..

I'm waiting for the refresh too.

Breakdowns are a must. I honed Full Break to R2 so it lasts the entire Ultimate battle + Magic Breakdown + Steal Power + Boon.

Balphon

i seriously find that the more you want an item, the less likely you will get it. So when you pull, expect a 3* but hope for a 5*. that is pretty much how i go anyway. Less frustration this way.

and...

anyone pass the ultimate yet? i don't have enough stamina so i am just waiting.. i am just unsure if i need to bring break/down or not..

Hardest thing about him is getting Sap to land.

i haven't used break/downs in any of the ultimates hence y i am not sure if i need to for once.

If you never used them, then don't worry about it,

I always bring Breakdowns to lower the damage as much as I can since I don't have walls.

Hardest thing about him is getting Sap to land.

I beat him on my first try, I had to S/L 3 times till Yuffie landed sap with shadowstrike.

Just like yunalesca, advantaliate trivializes the fight.

Xetherion

I beat him on my first try, I had to S/L 3 times till Yuffie landed sap with shadowstrike.

Just like yunalesca, advantaliate trivializes the fight.

Do you have a hastega? I actually had to S/L once (not counting the S/L for Sap) because he started getting attacks off too fast for Aerith to keep up with healing (her Healing Wind hadn't charged up yet) and he managed to kill Aerith. Second time i managed to get Healing Wind charged up by the time i needed it but with the Gravija spam towards the end i was gonna need it again before i could get it charged again. Luckily i managed to kill him just before his next attack would have killed several of my team.

I have Lvl 80 Seph with OWA as my advantaliator too, as well as my own Wall. I don't know how you managed without one, much less found it trivial, unless you have the hastega that i lack.

Yeah I have Boon and recently acquired the lullaby rod for free so that helped a lot against AOE bioga and Gravija.

Now that I think about it, it's a little stupid to say advantaliate trivializes the fight when I also have boon and HoTF :p

Noi

I've brought a Haste spell to use on every single Ultimate fight after certain points (specially once the auto-Haste RMs run out) because being able to eek out those extra Curaga/Jas and Attacks (Retaliating or otherwise) have been invaluable to beating those fights without Medica or Hastega. I used Wall RW's for all of them.

hesho

that was fun.. now gotta wait for next event..

had to S/L once because of lack of sap but besides that, not much problem. I am annoyed i didn't put the finishing blow on him though. Friggen sap finished him off ><

Decided to go through my gear and mark all of the SB gear I've acquired aside from the stuff given out in the realms.
Buster Sword (VII-CC) - Rush Assault - 8 hit Phys
Behemoth Knife (Core) - Meteorite - lol
Betrayal Sword (VIII) - Darkest Cut - AOE phys, self dmg
Candle Rod (VII) - Mending Flame - AOE cure
Crystal Glove (VII) - Waterkick - 3 hit Phys
Crystal Helm (V) - Veil of Protection - Protectga
Diamond Pin (VII) - Lunatic High - Hastega/Protectga
Evoker's Horn (XIV) - Virus - Magic dmg, -30% RES
Giant's Glove (II) - Noble Sacrifice - KO self, +50% party ATK, forfeit mastery
Hardedge (VII) - Cross Slash - Damage/Paralyze single target
Keepsake Ribbon (VII) - Planet Proector - +50% party ATK
Kiku-ichimonji (VI) - Bushido Fury - 4 hit Phys
Morning Star (VIII) - Trabia's Light - AOE cura
Ninja Chainmail (XIV) - Death Blossom - AOE Phys, high chance to Slow
Official Ball (X) - Status Reels - Phys dmg, -50% DEF/RES for 15 secs
Ras Algethi (XII) - Tides of Fate - AOE Phys Water
Shear Trigger (VIII) - Fated Circle - 3 hit single target, 1 hit AOE
Shimmering Blade (X) - Dragon Fang - Phys AOE power breakdown
Thyrus (XIV) - Stoneskin II - Wall
Vega 42s (XIII) - Boon - Hastega/Shellga
Witch's Hat (XIII) - Witchcraft - +15% party MAG
Any requests or suggestions on what to set for my RW? I've had it set to Death Blossom for a while now.

hesho

vega or keepsake ribbon. maybe diamond pin.

i personally use planet protector far more then boon/LH as a RW so my opinion is a little bias though.

Diamond Pin (VII) - Lunatic High - Hastega/Protectga
Keepsake Ribbon (VII) - Planet Protector - +50% party ATK
Thyrus (XIV) - Stoneskin II - Wall
Vega 42s (XIII) - Boon - Hastega/Shellga

Are pretty good RW in general. Maybe you can set Boon for this event. You decide, all of them are good choices.

MicH

Oh wow! Just a week ago I'd only gotten 2 5* from 100 gem pulls. Then I got the 5* FFVIII Metal Knuckles on the first Yuffie banner and now this on the second!

rRhxw5ql.jpg

The game wants me to have a relic for every VII character, huh

This is the team I used for the retaliate advance method against the Ultimate. Took two save loads to get sap to land but with all my ff7 gear this was an easy fight.

12509774_10154499902358989_3589491283474159582_n.jpg

After the battle I decided to try my luck with the relic gatcha becauses yuffies head piece seems really good to me.
After 3 tries of the 5 mythril a pop, I got one 3 star, then one 4 star, at which point I said to myself, well next one should be a 5 star right? And lo and behold I got Renos goggles. Stepping away from the slot machine now. Not pushing my luck any further.

Jyrii

Banned
It's like my equipment was made for the +++ battle:

Organics, One-Winged Angel, Keepsake Ribbon, Wyrmfang. Though I didn't bring Aerith, but Reno instead.

Also that orb exchange is awesome. Just can't hone basically anything yet as I didn't have black and power orbs.

Kaiterra

Banned
There's an amazing banner in JP currently. Only features relics from characters with support 5, if you get a 5* it's guaranteed to be one of those and it's 25 mythril. You can only do one 11-pull like the Lucky Draws. I got Barret's first armgun and Ramza's 40% AoE heal armor

I got frickin' Gordon's chintzy caveman spear lol

On the plus side in Global I gambled with a 3-pull to see if it'd give me anything useful for Yuffie's solo quests and while it didn't (nor was it necessary as I completed them anyway), I finally got my first 5* MAG-focused rod in the form of a Striking Staff yay!

MicH

Done with all the bonus battles. Aerith's Keepsake Ribbon is so amazing for this. Especially if you have two SSBs with 3+ hits and Lifesiphon

Falk

that puzzling face
I didn't really even need SSB. Cloud + Dcil RM3 + Barrage + PP + Deprotega + Full Break

caboooooooooooooom

Grzi

I got the Turk Suit from the 100 gem draw. It's shit compared to other stuff I have since the only thing the game keeps giving me are 5* armor relics, but I guess it could be useful with realm synergy. Probably not though :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Light Armor + realm synergy is pretty much awesome tier.

Especially when most of the hard content now is a combination of physical + magical damage.

LucaMac

If I remember correctly that is a bug that occurs if you kill both of them at the same time. Don't finish off Seymour with AOE. The AI is set for morty to absorb Seymour when it dies. If he's not there, he does it to you like that.

Kain

I just had a couple of fights were poor Vivi died (he really is a glass cannon) and I didn't lose any completion score, even the "character KO" thing was 3 stars or whatever. Is this a known bug or something?

Falk

that puzzling face
You can KO one person without losing a medal from the default 9's KO medals. The threshold are 1 and 3 respectively.

GODO REPORT:

Falk sez: "this boss is easy and you can burst him down because your FFVII synergy is ridiculous plus Planet Protector, so don't bother with a wall"

QTOP5nKl.jpg

90 minutes and about 20 savescums later

"don't listen to Falk"

Kain

You can KO one person without losing a medal from the default 9's KO medals. The threshold are 1 and 3 respectively.

GODO REPORT:

Falk sez: "this boss is easy and you can burst him down because your FFVII synergy is ridiculous plus Planet Protector, so don't bother with a wall"

QTOP5nKl.jpg

90 minutes and about 20 savescums later

"don't listen to Falk"

Oh, cool, thanks.

I didn't even finish off "normal" Elite Godo, if it serves for any consolation, I just quit mid fight because my Retaliate uses dissapeared (I was hitting like a wet fucking noodle lol)

Been reading about ff tactics Ramza and holy wow I'm pulling on that Banner hard.

His 3 relics, yes THREE, are

Cheer - Restore 40% of max HP of each party member + protectga

Stone Flurry - Deal six ranged physical attacks and dissmisal the target (0.89x each 5.34x total)

Scream (SSB)- increase party's attack by 50% + hastega (+10 attack for mastering)

Like, stone flurry isn't what I'm after but those other two..... Damn man.

Plus he can use Lifesyphon and even Full Break so he's super useful. I'm going to be anxiously awaiting that banner.

Grzi

Scared to even try the FFXIII boss rush. It seems impossible with my hones (protectga r1 and shellga r2 for example), so I guess no Lightning MC2 for me :(
Might give it a shot later today but I'm not expecting much, maybe if I use a mythril or two to heal up.

Godo might be the most annoying ultimate as there's really nothing you can do if he decides to start spamming gravija every white mask phase :|

Edit: bitch on gaf = only 1 gravija and only at the very end when I already had the qued up attacks to kill him about to go

The only thing that makes Ult Godo hard besides for the above Gravija is s/l till Yuffie decides to land sap -.-

WarAdept

Fuck this game. And you expect me to best Beatrix without a wall and every single mitigation known?

Asshat Godo and his Bioga spam.

I really want to pull on this banner. 100 mythril burning a hole in my pocket... but I'm waiting. My plan is to pull heavy on the 9 banner, then save for the next festival, then save for FFT.

I didn't really even need SSB. Cloud + Dcil RM3 + Barrage + PP + Deprotega + Full Break

caboooooooooooooom
Who needs a SSB?
This is the first Ultimate I feel like I could farm if there was any benefit to doing it. Beat him without mastery using Advance the first time because I couldn't be bothered to refresh my RW list, then came back using a Wall RW which trivialized it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom