• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azusa

Lucky pull but I'm disappointed.

jZZI5NT.png

I don't see me using Red at all and Cloud is a boring character. He can only retaliate, meh. But it's a good sword for Lightning.

WarAdept

Lucky pull but I'm disappointed.

I don't see me using Red at all and Cloud is a boring character. He can only retaliate, meh. But it's a good sword for Lightning.

People will love you for Lunatic High as a RW though. That's a plus.

Maybe if I pretend not to want Runeblade, it'll drop. Yes. That'll work.

Two 4*'s and the rest were 3* from my lucky draw, 100 gems, and an additional 11 pull. No cactuars of any size yet, either. I guess I used up all my luck on the first LD. :(

I have like 8 new, random Advance friends. Guess I'll get my fill of cheese in before it's obsolete.

Phase 2 lucky draw got me Firion's Axe. I literally just capped Firion so he won't be mastering it any time soon. Moral of the story, cap your bloody core characters first in case you pull some more 5*s like this. *benches level 45 Leon*

I'll leave pulling on FFVII hyped banner until phase 4 lucky draw.

Ah well, I put 15 Mythril into the banner (all these hype posts made me do it...) and got that so still pretty good ROI.

Saw quite a few cactuars in heroic just now also, maybe a placebo thing to say the appearance has increased, but definitely a bright start.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
100 gem and lucky pull

I just did a 100 gem pull and got the same thing. Was hoping for Organics to pop up when I saw the rainbow orb, but some free shell is never a bad thing.

I did my phase 2 lucky pull last night and got Red XIII's Lucky Pin. Some questions:

Should I make Red XIII my roaming warrior? Currently have Y'shtola with Stoneskin II. I'm assuming Lunatic High would be more popular.

What's the consensus on Red XIII? He's fairly mediocre, right? About how long until we get his MC? Looking at his ability set and at least he has 5* support which is useful to me, since I tend to go with 1 support & 4 mages for tough dungeons.

*Japan Spoilers*

Leila is coming with the Minwu event too, so that's neat. Now we just need Guy, Scott and presumably the Emperor.

Jyrii

Banned
I finally got a major orb drop.

The second Lucky draw just gave me two 4* items, but one was duplicate armor, so it's ok.

Can Organics be obtained from the Lucky draw, or is it restricted to the other banner?

MicH

I just did a 100 gem pull and got the same thing. Was hoping for Organics to pop up when I saw the rainbow orb, but some free shell is never a bad thing.

I did my phase 2 lucky pull last night and got Red XIII's Lucky Pin. Some questions:

Should I make Red XIII my roaming warrior? Currently have Y'shtola with Stoneskin II. I'm assuming Lunatic High would be more popular.

What's the consensus on Red XIII? He's fairly mediocre, right? About how long until we get his MC? Looking at his ability set and at least he has 5* support which is useful to me, since I tend to go with 1 support & 4 mages for tough dungeons.
Red XIII is a really good support if you have his pin - and his MC is coming with the next dungeon update in a few days. Not sure which RW is more popular though

Razmos

Brave Exvius is out in Japanese now if anyone wants to try it out. I'm going through the tutorial at the moment, I quite like the battle system, and the music is amazing.

Also I can't help but notice that the name is kinda like FF Brave XVI US. Would be interesting if it ended up being a prologue to FFXVI

Jarekx

got fran's bow and WOL sword from my half price pull. Also did a pull on clouds banner and got a Keepsake Ribbon. I'm happy enough but i need to unlock Fran and Aerith. :p

Ended up pulling two more times from the Organix banner and got a 5* FF13 Gold Bangle, and a 3* FF6 helm that I made a +.

kinda worth it

e: had a round with 2 cactuars and a gigantuar, and this was the result

Falk.jpg

MicH

Is the Gold Bangle the one with Protectga SB? If so that's a really good relic. It was one of my first SB relics and I still use it pretty much always. Great ATK stat too

EDIT Oh, it's the FFXIII one. That's still a good relic!

Is the Gold Bangle the one with Protectga SB? If so that's a really good relic. It was one of my first SB relics and I still use it pretty much always. Great ATK stat too

EDIT Oh, it's the FFXIII one. That's still a good relic!

Kaiser Shield and Keepsake Knife both have protectega, having both is nice but the game loves to equip them when sometimes I'd rather have more raw power via realm synergy

yasu151

I pulled Wakka's Official ball. I'm throwin' him into my Orb farmin' as that experience is pretty awesome. The team I generally use consists of:
Cecil (No SB)
Cloud (No SB)
Sephiroth (No SB)
Dark Cecil (SB)
Garnet (No SB)

Do you think it'd be better to rotate out Dark Cecil for Wakka? His stats look a tad squishy, even compared with Dark Cecil. Alternatively, I could simply level Wakka and make him my roaming Warrior.

Additionally, I haven't played much with weapon augments. Is there any way to put all augments onto the weapon my Roaming Warrior uses, but keep them dispersed to my other equipment for normal play? Do augments really make a huge difference?

Red Mage

Pretty much Earth for Quake (if you still insist on honing that), and 5* Earth for Meteor.

Most of the good stuff that uses white/holy also use wind :(

Could also hone Steal Defense, but that ALSO uses wind orbs fajskdfjaskdfjks

Is that DLC? Never seen him

edit: nm thought it was Persona

LOL

Red Mage

So, I re-installed the JP version and my old information was still there. May play it off and on to check out the upcoming SBs.

I've had satisfactory luck for my lucky pulls thus far: A One-Winged Angel (my first offensive soul break, and in a realm where I was really hurting for gear!) on my Sunday pull, and, yesterday, Firion's Demon Axe. While the lack of useful synergy is a bummer, at least it's a pretty rad-looking Soul Break. I wish Firion had a better skill set, but his stats are solid and I didn't have a 5* axe, so that's cool, at least! My VIII gear pool is slowly improving through 4* items...pulled 3 10-Gallon Hats and 2 Mesmerize Blades in my two lucky-pulls, so that is about as good as I can hope in regards to 4* gear!

"Thanks mr cactuar" failed me, and I ended up with zero extra Major Black orbs. CACTUAR!!!!!!!

Red Mage

I got crap from yesterdays. I got two on the first one, however. I hope the next two give me a few more. I think from now on I'm just going to pull on SB Banners.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
the feeling when you get a soul break weapon for a useless character and you're like "maybe if i powerlevel him during orbfest to 65 he won't suck as bad..."

You didn't look properly and you got tricked by his doppelganger - CACUTAR

He toyed with me something fierce. Gigantuar shows up in the last round of the last level of my last run in Phase 1 and drops a Major Orb. It was Dark.

On the plus side, I've already gotten a Major Earth from the second Phase, so maybe that phase was cursed.

the feeling when you get a soul break weapon for a useless character and you're like "maybe if i powerlevel him during orbfest to 65 he won't suck as bad..."

Other than Cores, Kimahri, and characters without MC1s, I'd say very few characters are useless. Some are certainly fairly limited in the situations where you'd want to bring them, though.

Mknzy

I just pulled a second of Red XIII's hairpins. Is it worth the gil it's going to cost to combine them, or would it be better to use one as enhancement material?

I just pulled a second of Red XIII's hairpins. Is it worth the gil it's going to cost to combine them, or would it be better to use one as enhancement material?

I would personally combine them, since the extra 5 levels make a huge difference with Realm Synergy. Honestly, I'm completely ignoring the Augment system (beyond Rosetta Stones and Genji Shields in the future) since I'd prefer to build a collection of useful items to make my team as versatile as possible.

I generally think non-utility SBs are kind of bad in comparison, but I have to say that Zack's Rush Assault did more damage than I expected it to. Hit Jenova from the event with Armor Breakdown, applied Planet Protector, and then used Rush Attack - 7 hits around 4400 each and 1 crit around 6600, for a total of ~31,000. Obviously the heavy buffs and debuffs played a big part in reaching that number, but still, damn.

edit: I need to befriend a bunch of Leons with Golden Armor and see how ridiculous I can make this.

MicH

I've spent a few mythril on refreshes this phase yet I've gotten 0 major orbs. I've run into three Gigantuars and they've all dropped greaters. I was hoping for some Major Earth orbs for Meteor honing.

On the other hand I've gotten a lot of Greater Holy orbs so I can now hone Ruinga to R4 immediately once we get it

Nohar

Well, FFVII event completed (that is, until we get the "+" fights). JENOVA-LIFE was incredibly easy. I just smashed her the good old way, and basic mitigation helped me to get through the fight without trouble. After the nightmares BIRTH gave me, this was a refreshing change (no SB used btw, except shared Protectga and Shellga SB).

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, the tuning was really mild - ~100k HP

The two bonus fights on the other hand sit on something ridiculous like 220 and 250.

On the bright side the first goober can be slept. (lol)

The half priced pulls feel like a fire sale to move old inventory before the new stuff arrives, what with the now out and upcoming ssbs. Burn off your mythril for some already or soon to be outclassed relics so you have to buy gems when the ssbs start hitting every event. I can't really complain, with five new sbs, but can i get a whip thrown bow harp pin or something else non damaging which are quickly outclassed.

MicH

The half priced pulls feel like a fire sale to move old inventory before the new stuff arrives, what with the now out and upcoming ssbs. Burn off your mythril for some already or soon to be outclassed relics so you have to buy gems when the ssbs start hitting every event. I can't really complain, with five new sbs, but can i get a whip thrown bow harp pin or something else non damaging which are quickly outclassed.
There are still a lot of really useful relics in the pool (and a lot of stinkers too, of course). I would be ecstatic if I pulled OWA, Vega 42s, Runeblade, Keepsake Ribbon or many others. A lot of the upcoming relics are amazing too (I need Vivi's second tod! Doublecast Meteor?!) not to mention the SSBS. Still, a lot of great relics to get from the half price ones

Also, complaining to GAF works! Just got two Major Earth orbs :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom