• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaMac

I didn't realise that about runic either and skipped over it a bunch because of it. I'll have to start looking for good ways to make use of it now.

Ultimate exdeath comes to mind, being immune to everything bar vacuum wave would be useful to anyone who already has their own mitigation.

Also, I never realised we'd gone back to the past, with Fusoya and Strago needing to be in their own realms for RMs. Had strago in my b team since I got him and wondered why he ws so stubborn. Been trying to get Fusoyas in Japan the last month too. I assumed that nonsense had stopped and couldn't have read that in Japanese even if I tried to. Ah sure...grindy mcgrinderson time again. Strago can stay at home for a while...the deceptive prick.

Grzi

Is the FFIX event starting today?

Today was the worst day since I started playing. My stamina is full the the entire day and the only time I managed to play was destroyed by elite Belias. Went for Ricards MC and for some reason thought I could go into the battle unprepared. Not the best idea so, yeah, 80 atamina wasted.

Is the FFIX event starting today?

Today was the worst day since I started playing. My stamina is full the the entire day and the only time I managed to play was destroyed by elite Belias. Went for Ricards MC and for some reason thought I could go into the battle unprepared. Not the best idea so, yeah, 80 atamina wasted.

Should be announced tonight and premier tomorrow

Hey GAF, Meteor or Flare?
Flare. Flare will (should?) be very useful for super bosses if you can get it to x4 uses.

Meteor seems way over-hyped here; it's the same power as 4★ summons, which are far easier to hone (especially if you get a crack at an Orb Festival). The general consensus seems to be that it's useful for clearing enemies in Difficulty 130+ dungeons, but you can accomplish the same with a summon OR use Ruinga in conjunction with standard attacks, which builds up Soul Breaks for when you get to the boss.

Decided to go through my gear and mark all of the SB gear I've acquired aside from the stuff given out in the realms.
Decided to do so myself as well (along w/ 5* non-SBs, just because):

SB 5*+
Kiku-ichimonji (VI) - Cyan's Bushido Flurry (4 Hits, Random, Phys)

SB 5*
Blood Lance (IV) - Kain's Lancet (1 Hit, Steal HP)
Shadowblade (IV) - D.Cecil's Soul Eater (2 Hits, Phys, +35% Atk All)
Kaiser Knuckles (V) - Galuf's Unyielding Fist (Self Dispel -> 30 sec Invuln + 50% Atk Up)
Soul Sabre (VI) - Celes's Runic Blade (Recharge ability uses via absorbs Black Magic)
Partisan (VI) - Edgar's Bioblaster (1 AOE Hit, Poison Dmg + Chance)
Guard Stick (VII) - Aerith's Healing Wind (AoE Cura)
Buster Sword (VII-CC) - Zack's Rush Assult (8 Hit, Phys)
Valkyrie (VIII) - Rinoa's Angel Wing Bolt (3 Hit, Lightning)
Rising Sun (VIII) - Rinoa's Angel Wing Quake (2 AOE Hits, Earth, Chance to Slow)
Valiant (VIII) - Irvine's Fast Ammo (10 Hits, Phys)
Oak Staff (IX) - Vivi's Doublecast Venom (2 Hit, Poison Dmg)
Loxley Bow (XII) - Fran's Whip Kick (1 Hit, -50% Def/Res)
Blazefire Saber (XIII) - Lightning's Blaze Rush (3 Hits, Phys)
Airwing (XIII) - Hope's Earthquake (1 AOE Hit, -50% Atk)
Yoshimitsu (XIV) - Thancred's Dancing Edge (4 Hits, Phys, -50% Def)
Lustrous Shield (IV) - P.Cecil's Sentinel (Taunt)
Minerva Bustier (VI) - Terra's Trance Flood (1 Hit AoE, Water, +20% Mag)

Rune Blade (VII) - Shared Slow Buster (1 Hit, moderate Slow chance)
Fujin's Chakram (VIII) - Shared Cyclone (1 AOE Hit, Wind)
Ruby Cuirass (II) - Shared Blaster (AOE, Moderate Chance to Paralyze)
Holiday Mittens (VII) - Shared Inspiring Light (+35% Atk All)
Black Robe (IX) - Shared Engulfing Flames (1 Hit AoE, Fire)
Power Sash (IX) - Shared Veil of Protection (Protectga)
Emerald Bracer (X) - Shared Veil of Annulment (Shellga)
Sanctum Gloves (XIII) - Shared Power Sigil (1 Hit, Non-Elem Mag)
Witch's Hat (XIII) - Shared Witchcraft (+35% Mag All)

Non-SB 5*s
Thunder Rod (IV) (Bonus Small Boost to Lightning Dmg)
Judgement Staff (V)
Zantetsuken (VI) (Bonus Small Change to KO)
Gold Sword (VII)
Butterfly Edge (VII)
Tiger Fang (VII)
Blitz Sword (VIII)
Coral Sword (IX)
Danjuro (XII)
Evil Lantern (XIII) (Bonus Small Chance to Blind)
Goddess's Tribute (XIII)
Genji Shield (IV)
Regal Gown (VI)
Golden Shield (VI)
SOLDIER Breastplate (VII)
Shinra Helmet (VII) (Bonus Minor Blind Resistance)
Adamant Vest (IX)
Chanter's Djellaba (XII)

I don't think I have SBs that are OP with Lifesiphon+Ace Striker, but I could probably use that to decent effect with Zack, Lightning, Thancred, or D.Cecil. Maybe Galuf or Cyan as well.

LucaMac

I just shattered all my 'aga' spells. Thought long and hard about it but with a bit of orb conversion I now have two R4 Thundajas instead of one and two 'agas' and all my other 4* spells are R4 with a second copy on at least R2 across the board. 2nd ruinga too as well as bioga and drainga...I'm sure there will be something I come up against where I regret not having a third weakness spell, but from my time playing Japan the agas seem to not be cutting it further forward, even against weak to that element bosses.

Kouriozan

I'm at 350 mythrils now *hoarding intensifies*
Still so much classic dungeons to catch up, and don't even talk about elites @_@
So yeah, I'll probably have 500 mythrils for SSSSB fest/Tactic, not really interested in Cloud's BSB.

Edit : just checked, I'm currently in DU 12 for classics.

Ack, I'm eighty-six Elite Dungeons behind, I guess that's what I need to start focusing on.
Woo, I'm down to forty; that's including the new update, Tuesdays and Sundays being reserved and doing all the events and bonus battles.

I'm at 350 mythrils now *hoarding intensifies*
I'm at 375.

I thought I was going to be able to double eleven pull on every banner for the next Soul Break Celebration event, but if that's going to be on or around the anniversary there's (probably) going to be Orb Dungeons and Lucky Banners as well, so so much for that idea (maybe I can pull it off at Burst Soul Break Celebration, haha).

WarAdept

Also at 375 Mithril, but I think I'll have to do a 11x pull on the Beatrix first banner (since it's loaded with good melee IX gear and I already have Golem Flute).

Beatrix is going to slap me sideways.

Also at 375 Mithril, but I think I'll have to do a 11x pull on the Beatrix first banner (since it's loaded with good melee IX gear and I already have Golem Flute).
I've also been considering this.

What's the math on 6% eleven times (well, twelve counting the gem pull)?

I haven't actually added anything up, but it feels like it's been months since I've been sitting on my mythril and I have 260 at the moment. Everyone who's closing in on 500 must not have pulled anything in a half a year. That's pretty crazy to save up for so long with a chance of not getting what you're possibly saving for. Feels bad man.

broz0rs

I haven't actually added anything up, but it feels like it's been months since I've been sitting on my mythril and I have 260 at the moment. Everyone who's closing in on 500 must not have pulled anything in a half a year. That's pretty crazy to save up for so long with a chance of not getting what you're possibly saving for. Feels bad man.

what better way to finally quit the game

B.K.

I wish Dena would tone down magic damage a bit. I just went through the two Cultist Tower elite level sand mobs were doing 1500-2000 damage with magic.

WarAdept

The amount of S/L that I'm doing in some of the level 130+ elites is crazy. I was an Elite (I think it was a IX) and my Zidane got Firaga'd for 5k+.

Basically either I S/L until my Mage goes first so I can Ruinga or pray that I kill the offender with my melee before it gets a turn.

Balphon

And when those are out, there will be even better ones on the horizon from those.

So to be safe, never pull relics and never make abilities.

Yeah, but in this instance a noticeable spike in the number of useful 5* abilities is actually imminent and meteor/flare have been around forever. If you've gotten by without them so far it's not an ideal time to invest the major orbs.

Yeah, but in this instance a noticeable spike in the number of useful 5* abilities is actually imminent and meteor/flare have been around forever. If you've gotten by without them so far it's not an ideal time to invest the major orbs.

What are the abilities that are imminent? Are you talkin next few events?

I'm 2 major black orbs away from being able to hone Meteor from r2 to r3. Are you saying there's something better than meteor I should use em on?

Balphon

What are the abilities that are imminent? Are you talkin next few events?

I'm 2 major black orbs away from being able to hone Meteor from r2 to r3. Are you saying there's something better than meteor I should use em on?

Exploding Fist, Flashing Blade, Thief Raid and Saint's Cross should all be out in the next few months, to say nothing of the 6* stuff (Ultima, etc.) that should come with the abyss dungeons.

Obviously none of them use major black orbs, though, so I wouldn't worry about that. I'm not even sure what the next thing is that does.

EDIT: Not in the next few events, no. More like between now and the FFT event.

Noi

Decided to do so myself as well (along w/ 5* non-SBs, just because):

I don't think I have SBs that are OP with Lifesiphon+Ace Striker, but I could probably use that to decent effect with Zack, Lightning, Thancred, or D.Cecil. Maybe Galuf or Cyan as well.

I thought to do the same thing. You'd think a week one player would be rolling in more stuff but...

(not counting the halloween/christmas/new years freebies)
SB 5*
Shear Trigger (VIII) - Squall - Fated Circle, Non-Ele Phys Random 3 hit, AoE 1 hit
Giant's Glove (II) - Josef - does anyone care
Oak Staff (IX) - Vivi - Doublecast Venom, Poison Single Target 2 hit
Healing Staff (V) - Lenna - Royal Devotion, Full Revive
Dragon Whisker (IV) - Rydia - Radiant Breath, Holy AoE 2 hit, Phys Blink x2
Sleipnir's Tail (VIII) - Quistis - Maser Eye, Non-Ele AoE 1 hit
Valkyrie (VIII) - Rinoa - Angel Wing Bolt, Thunder 3 hit
Skycutter (XIII) - Hope - Brutal Sanction, Non-Ele Random 3 hit, Stop
Ras Algethi (XII) - Balthier - Tides of Fate, Water Phys AoE 1 hit

Shared:
Rune Blade (VII) - Slow Buster, Phys 1 hit, Slow
Hawkeye (VI) - Blinding Shot, Phys 1 hit, Blind
Minotaur Plate (VIII) - Shellga
Gaia Gear (V) - Earthmend, Weak AoE Heal
Tungsten Bangle (XIII) - Salvation, Weak AoE Heal

Non-SB 5*
Butterfly Edge (VII)
Icebrand (V)
Coral Sword (IX)
Golden Spear (VI)
Ochu Tentacle (VIII)
Genji Armor (V) +
Genji Helm (V)
Genji Shield (IV)
Balamb Garden Uniform (VIII)
Feral Pride (XIII)
Chanter's Djellaba (XII)
Edincoat (VII)
Adamant Bangle (VII)

I'm definitely not hurting for synergy on some reals (or VII bracers), but I feel like I'm cursed to double/triple up on niche stuff like mage throwers and whips, which kinda limits my party comp for harder content. Giant's Glove being my first relic pull kinda set the tone for how the rest of my pulls have gone.

Falk

that puzzling face
Exploding Fist, Flashing Blade, Thief Raid and Saint's Cross should all be out in the next few months, to say nothing of the 6* stuff (Ultima, etc.) that should come with the abyss dungeons.

p.s. you can't convert to crystals anyway when Abyss drops.

Obviously none of them use major black orbs, though, so I wouldn't worry about that. I'm not even sure what the next thing is that does.

EDIT: Not in the next few events, no. More like between now and the FFT event.

Googled them to see what they were all about but I couldn't find Flashing Blade. What's that one do?

LucaMac

Yeah, but the abyss event gives you enough crystals to craft it right? I wasn't sure.

Nope. You've to complete event ultimates for crystals to make up the right amount...Ive cleared two abyss dungeons and got to the 2nd last battle on the other three. I'm no where near crafting a 6 star ability. I just beat my first ultimate and ultimate plus in the current mobius event, so I should get there eventually now. But don't expect to have 6* abilities quickly. Obviously if you're able to clear every ultimate and ultimate + it will be quicker

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, but the abyss event gives you enough crystals to craft it right? I wasn't sure.

Was a postscript with regards to hoarding orbs rather than crafting contemporary abilities, I meant. Just in case anyone was getting the wrong idea.

Balphon

Googled them to see what they were all about but I couldn't find Flashing Blade. What's that one do?

It's the Samurai one; physical aoe with 100% hit.

Nope. You've to complete event ultimates for crystals to make up the right amount...Ive cleared two abyss dungeons and got to the 2nd last battle on the other three. I'm no where near crafting a 6 star ability. I just beat my first ultimate and ultimate plus in the current mobius event, so I should get there eventually now. But don't expect to have 6* abilities quickly. Obviously if you're able to clear every ultimate and ultimate + it will be quicker

That sucks, though it doesn't seem totally unreachable at least.

Grzi

I don't have any mythril (done with all the classic dungeons), I keep pulling for relics but can't seem to get ANYTHING, basically this game hates me.
Reading about the amount of mythril you guys keep hoarding depresses me.

Jarekx

Finally got around to fighting Godo.

Wow, that was pretty easy. Have good FF7 synergy too.

Yea, Godo wasn't much trouble. Bioga (ra?) could hurt but that was about it. Lady Beatrix will put us back in our place soon though.

On the elite front, I've finished all of them in realms 1-4 and 13. I'm about done with 5. I thought about creating meteor r2 but i've been clearing difficulty 140 without problems so I'll probably just save the orbs.

Kouriozan

My IX synergy consist of a single 2★++ Mythril Dagger I got from dailies back when I started playing in March.
Beatrix is going to be fun.

Looking forward to what armor strike can do in v and xii where I have 5 star heavy armors that are never equipped. He'll maybe even get some use out of my IV genji shield and my vi flame shield.

I have 2 vivi rods, 1 eiko head gear, 1 steiner sword, and 1 generic 5 star claw for ff9 synergy plus the freebie stuff. I always feel weird when people say ffix has little synergy since I've been so lucky

Grzi

I don't have anything B)
But I know the game is testing my patience only to reward me with Cloud's BSB.
I know it :(

MrDaravon

Finally up to 127 Stamina and making decentish progress through the core dungeons, morale is super low right now though >_>.

Can't decide if I want to pull on the FF9 banners or not. I have ZERO FF9 synergy, but at the same time I've had 0/55 streaks etc so it's not like I can count on getting anything. Also have been more or less planning to save all of my mythril for the SSB and FFT stuff coming up, currently at 176 mythril. I'll at least do 100-gem pulls on each, maybe I'll get lucky?

Finally up to 127 Stamina and making decentish progress through the core dungeons, morale is super low right now though >_>.

Can't decide if I want to pull on the FF9 banners or not. I have ZERO FF9 synergy, but at the same time I've had 0/55 streaks etc so it's not like I can count on getting anything. Also have been more or less planning to save all of my mythril for the SSB and FFT stuff coming up, currently at 176 mythril. I'll at least do 100-gem pulls on each, maybe I'll get lucky?

You should see how far you can get through the ff9 event and then decide if you need to pull to beat it.

MrDaravon

You should see how far you can get through the ff9 event and then decide if you need to pull to beat it.

Yeah, on the events I've just been getting the MC2 (which is usually a struggle) and stopping there, I don't have the gear/abilities/levels for most realms to actually do all of the + stuff. If I can barely swing by getting the MC2 I'm happy with that.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I almost didn't do a 100 gem pull on Yuffie's second banner because my stockpile of gems was out. Decided to just plunk in $1.

Pulled Clear Tranquil :)

I actually already had Yuna's AOE Heal (I refuse to call these skills Medicas), so it wasn't an "OMFG" pull, but it was still a very very nice surprise. And running both of them in my party makes up for my lack of a Wall or Hastega. Now Yuffie can AOE Heal round 1 while Yuna buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom