• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Just finished the latest elite netting me Fusoya's MC. Glad to be done with the story dungeons just in time for the Beatrix event

hesho

hmmm...

i am a day zero player (from canada) and i think i might be getting bored of the game. I have finished every event since release except the insane FFVIII one with Trex. I am just not sure what to do nowadays. I haven't finished the last couple of dungeons because i am waiting until monday to them (i always save stamina refreshes for sunday xp day). Finished all the other quests.

All my chars are at least 57 (cores are all 5x). My supply of eggs is... nice (5* x 95, 4* x 418, 3* 1416) and my orbs are.. untouched i guess your can say. I haven't made any 5* skills yet, just been hoarding orbs. I have at least 38 of each 5* orb and at least 187 4* orbs of each. Just.. not sure what to do nowadays.

I noticed that i have been wasting alot of my stamina lately so just... maybe break time *shrugs.

hmmm...

i am a day zero player (from canada) and i think i might be getting bored of the game. I have finished every event since release except the insane FFVIII one with Trex. I am just not sure what to do nowadays. I haven't finished the last couple of dungeons because i am waiting until monday to them (i always save stamina refreshes for sunday xp day). Finished all the other quests.

All my chars are at least 57 (cores are all 5x). My supply of eggs is... nice (5* x 95, 4* x 418, 3* 1416) and my orbs are.. untouched i guess your can say. I haven't made any 5* skills yet, just been hoarding orbs. I have at least 38 of each 5* orb and at least 187 4* orbs of each. Just.. not sure what to do nowadays.

I noticed that i have been wasting alot of my stamina lately so just... maybe break time *shrugs.

Besides for upcoming events to give you a quick burst of uniqueness we do have abyss dungeons and the updated quest system which could help pump some freshness into this.

Kapow

hmmm...

I took a long break from the game last year (maybe 6 months?) after i reached a point where i felt like i was forcing myself to play and I can say after coming back to the game this past christmas that it has really rekindled my enjoyment. I have all these new levels to beat and when a new event pops up i get a bunch of new characters since i missed out on them during my hiatus so it really keeps the game fresh.

The problem with playing this game everyday is that the content is released so slowly and the events just give out old characters all the time so that the only thing you get to look forward to is a challenging event boss every week or two. So yeah I would say take a break and find maybe another gacha type game to fill your needs for the time being. There was a good thread on here that had a bunch of recommendations that you could check out too

Edit: Heres the thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128143

I had to take my first Classic/Elite Dungeon loss in a long while today, to Final Fantasy III's Leviathan.

I went in well prepared, but ultimately I had too much support, not enough damage, and ran out of skills.

A second attempt with all mages went swimmingly.

Fuck Dark Bahamut Elite and Fuck Wakka, the opening mega flare killed him since he wasn't at full health (apprently 95% wasn't good enough) so I had to waste more stam and a health refresh to survive and win. Worth it to get that awful fight out of the way.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
hmmm...

Nothing wrong with taking a break... even a long one. Doing ANYTHING every day for a year is intense, let alone a game like this, which can be pretty grindy/repetitive.

Drop it entirely. Or just collect your mythril. Or just do each event to its MC2... whatever level of "scaling back" you want to do is totally appropriate.

The great thing is everything will be waiting for you, whenever you return. There was a game like this I was SURE I was done with. But then like a year later I came back to it more hardcore than ever. And I was so glad I still had my account.

I feel a tad bad since I'm apparently the only person on the entire internet with good FFIX synergy without trying. I guess I should also now hone life siphon since I now have a character sb that works well with it.

I have a FFIX rod, a FFIX sword and some FFIX armor so I'm not too bad. It would be cool if I had one more decent FFIX weapon since those mythril daggers suck.

ZangBa

100 gem pull was 3* I had maxed out at 3++ so I immediately sold it.

11 pull I got 2 Zorlin Shape's so... retaliate it is!

nacarelli

Neo Member
100-gem got me a 4* Platinum Dagger (XII), and I made it a 4*++.

50 mythril got me 9 3* and 2 5*: a SB-less dagger and Quina's Needle Fork. Gotta say I love the idea of Protectga + Shellga in one character, even though his skillset is quite bad (well, he does have 5* support).

Thinking about swapping Sazh for Quina for a while and getting my Hastega for important fights from Eiko's RW. Especially in this event's bonus battles.

Kenai

My FFIX synergy isn't the worst (Coral Sword + Cat Claws) but it's still pretty bad so i did one 11 pull. Got Steiner's sword. Was kinda hoping for Beatrix but this is almost as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVDx6hSlx8

First time I'm seeing this and it's worth watching through to the end without reading comments.

Spoiler:
She got Kimahri's spear 3 times in 3 different lucky pulls

We linked it back during Lucky Draw weeks and it's still more than worth the watch.

Balphon

You just see her
contemplating the meaning of all things at the end there, no translation needed

Edit: Why is Beatrix WHM 5* but can't use anything but swords and daggers? RIP

Because she can cast Holy and Arise in FF9.

Same reason Rosa has 1* Celerity. There's only one 1* Celerity ability, and it's Aim.

100 Gem Pull
ods6uHg.jpg

121 Non-RS ATK @ 20. Niiiiiice :D

Balphon

I don't think I've pulled a 5* from the 100 gem since the Lightning/Sazh event.

I'll get you one of these days, 100 gems. You owe me.

Dragner

Ive been playing this game casually since november Ive stock some mythril for this event because FF9 is my favourite and did 3 11x pulls + 100 gem pull. Got 2 5* and none of them from FF9 or with SB. Im feeling frustrated my last pull was also the great 11 3* pull. FeelsBadMan.

RivalCore

I'm not doing any pulls (including the 100 gems) until I hit a wall in the event. Which most likely will be Ult. Beatrix. My mage team and hones are solid enough to run 95% of the event.

That way I can continue to hoard my disappointment for SSB celebration!

MicH

I just got Viking's, Red XIII's and Lightning's RM2/3 in a span of 10 minutes going through the IX event. That feels SO DAMN GOOD.

Grzi

FFIX is my favorite Final Fantasy and I probably won't do any pulls because I know it'll end with my tears.
I'll do 100 gems but I do that for every banner.

Got that shared-SB thrown weapon from 100 Gems. I guess Amarant is the only person that can use that?

Did a couple 3-pull got zilch, ho ho ho...

Falk

that puzzling face
I WILL REMAIN STEADFAST.

(I have a Butterfly Sword tho, Zidane with Steal Power/Lifesiphon gonna go places)

Grzi

mebbe it's time to quit for your own sanity

Momma didn't raise a quiter though B)
I'll stick around for a while, I'm content with getting the MC2 every event. At least for now.

light armor is good, though, and the SB van be really helpful

Only when/if I get Dr. Mog's teaching or whatever it's called so I could maybe replace Protectga with something else.

Kenai

Because she can cast Holy and Arise in FF9.

Same reason Rosa has 1* Celerity. There's only one 1* Celerity ability, and it's Aim.

Well i know she casts Holy in FF9, but I am pretty sad that i can't think of a single MND weapon she can make use of (EXCEPT her SB sword, ugh...) Characters with out of the ordinary skillsets and almost no gear to match up right for them makes me sad when i really like the character (looking at you too, my pin-less Red XIII) At least there's a few MND bows for Rosa.

Well i know she casts Holy in FF9, but I am pretty sad that i can't think of a single MND weapon she can make use of (EXCEPT her SB sword, ugh...) Characters with out of the ordinary skillsets and almost no gear to match up right for them makes me sad when i really like the character (looking at you too, my pin-less Red XIII) At least there's a few MND bows for Rosa.

I got Beatrix sword and her white 5 for me is mostly for shellga/protectega/dispel use

I watched some pulling videos like this one, man it's kinda depressing, you're almost sure you'll never get what you want.

It's pure luck - there are a couple I went all-in and came out with what I wanted, but others I burned up to 100 mythril and got nothing. Swings and roundabouts.

Jarekx

QSXPjSF.jpg

Guess I should stop complaining for a while?

Gratz! and you must complain on gaf to get good things. It's the only proven method.

I'm at 180 mythril and still trying to decide if I want to do an 11-pull. My shit synergy in IX is gonna hurt with this event and basically all the elites...but I am really trying to save for Tactics.

Could just reta, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom