• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Steal power is so good.
Zidane at level 50 with the Gladius+ hits like a truck after using it.
I know that Realm Synergy helps a lot but still.

Grzi

Do BSBs make the game a cakewalk? How are things in the JP version?
It seems that with BSB+Lifesiphon+Ace Striker you're basically stomping all over bosses.

Falk

that puzzling face
Expect bosses to have more HP and stats then.

I mean right now, if you took SSBs to what was hard content 6 months ago (RW or otherwise), you stomp all over them. That's how people catch up. ;p

friz898

Hi, my first post in this thread. I was an extremely heavy Gaffer, then got myself banned and kinda broke away from checking the site daily. In the meantime, I've become addicted to FFRK for about 4-5 months now.

I seem to be doing all the things that they say not to do.. I spend most my mythril on stamina, or once in a while on a very hard boss fight. I completed classic, and done elites up to 100 difficulty. I'm kinda at a wall at the moment.

Here's a few questions.

1. I've read about how overpowered retaliate is suppose to be. Even after reading, I dont get it. Nor have I cared enough to try it out other than one time where Cyan never got hit while using it. Can you guys tell me about this?

2. What's this ace strike thing? I have life siphon of course.

3. I have an all 65 ffx team. I've read that there is less items for ffx synergy, which my group can attest to, but why am I still having trouble with the elites that are between 90 and higher? I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I'm no FF newb or anything.

4. How are people beating those 99+ whatever bonus event battles where you get MC2? I don't have a single MC2, I can do entire events no problem., no deaths to the final fight, but when a few days later the MC2 fights come out, it's not even close. Like the only way I'd be able to win is 10 mythril of phoenix bonuses or something.

Anyway, thanks for whoever answers. The only game I'm playing as much as FFRK is MLB the show on my ps4.

Steal power is so good.
Zidane at level 50 with the Gladius+ hits like a truck after using it.
I know that Realm Synergy helps a lot but still.
A lot of it is steal power itself though. Just now in Ultimate Godo Yuffie with Pumpkin was on par Cloud with gold sword and red wings pride RM.

Oh yeah. Where have I been? I took a 5 day break (no access to game) once the Lightning bonus battles released (made sure to get MC2 first) coming back and slowly catching up and just beat Ultimate Godo and halfway through the current DU (but with it being ages until the next one, no need to rush).

How was Ultimate Godo? Well...with no trinity (not even the candle...
yes in hindsight that was the equivalent of the thirsty man a drink and I will mention this every Ultimate
), my best RS weapon being the gold sword and deciding to run Advance as a RW was fairly rough going (my logic was Advance would end the battle sooner and Celes Magic Shield would be good enough). Plus I had to spend a myhtril on a revive (first attempt got him to empty HP bar and a situation of if sap ticked one more time I win, if they attack I lose..
never bet against 500 speed
). Been a long time that bosses have demanded Mythril (I used to have to recover abilities in boos rushes). I was really surprised when I managed to clear with champion especially as I made a late mistake of letting Shellga wear out (good thing magic shield was up...kind of rough maintaining haste that).

Also, what is this description? (not my screenshot)
a09261d8-07f3-35db-97c6-436446fc906d.jpg

It resists poison element damage and resists having Poison status effect applied but if you remove such info in the translation it just looks more like "go home DeNA, you're drunk"

Kouriozan

French translation is also funny :

80gmbjjl.jpg

Grants poison resistance.
Grants minor poison resistance.

Yep, they just added one word in the second line.

Grzi

Hi, my first post in this thread. I was an extremely heavy Gaffer, then got myself banned and kinda broke away from checking the site daily. In the meantime, I've become addicted to FFRK for about 4-5 months now.

I seem to be doing all the things that they say not to do.. I spend most my mythril on stamina, or once in a while on a very hard boss fight. I completed classic, and done elites up to 100 difficulty. I'm kinda at a wall at the moment.

Here's a few questions.

1. I've read about how overpowered retaliate is suppose to be. Even after reading, I dont get it. Nor have I cared enough to try it out other than one time where Cyan never got hit while using it. Can you guys tell me about this?

2. What's this ace strike thing? I have life siphon of course.

3. I have an all 65 ffx team. I've read that there is less items for ffx synergy, which my group can attest to, but why am I still having trouble with the elites that are between 90 and higher? I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I'm no FF newb or anything.

4. How are people beating those 99+ whatever bonus event battles where you get MC2? I don't have a single MC2, I can do entire events no problem., no deaths to the final fight, but when a few days later the MC2 fights come out, it's not even close. Like the only way I'd be able to win is 10 mythril of phoenix bonuses or something.

Anyway, thanks for whoever answers. The only game I'm playing as much as FFRK is MLB the show on my ps4.

I've only started playing a month ago, but I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

1. Put Retaliate on a character, use Luneth with Advance as your Roaming Warrior, attack that character with your other characters using multi hit abilities like Double Strike, watch the enemy die. I don't like it personally, but it gets the job done.

2. Tidus's second (third?) Record Materia obtained after breaking his level cap for the second time. it drops randomly after a battle with Tidus in your party. if you don't have his second Memory Crystal, an event should be coming soon where you can get the ones you missed, at least some of them.

3. and 4. There's a bunch of stuff that's more important than Synergy IMO.
A few things that help me beat those MC2 bosses are Sentinel's Grimoire or Stoneskin II as RW, Shellga + Protectga (a must, hone both those skills, should be easier with Orb conversion, also they stack with Sentinel's Grimoire), Dismissal (a great skill if it connects), Lifesiphon, break skills of course, inflicting sap if you can, Steal Power.
Hone your skills so you don't run out of uses. I've learned the hard way that it's better to bring an -aga spell honed to R4 than a R2 -aja spell. Ruinga is great, as is Drainga.

Hope this helps.
Also, you should use S/L. A lot.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Very happily pulled the Save the Queen and a Cat's Claw on my 11x pull for this banner! I was budgeting 100 mythril for the event, but I can now save the other 50.

I'm either going to save it for FFT (along with the rest of the mythril I save to that point) or use that 50 on the Kefka banner. We'll see how my willpower holds up once that event gets here.

Kaiterra

Banned
Okay Godo just feels like Rubicante all over again even though I have pretty good FF7 synergy. I guess the big problem with that is that the only good defensive FF7 armor is all 5*. But he keeps hitting nearly 2000 damage on me with Bioga through SSII and Shellga. And he keeps using either it or Trine over and over. Even when I get an AoE heal off I just basically lose all that HP immediately after.

EDIT: As almost always, complaining on GAF was the edge I needed to get the RNG to calm down and let me beat him. And just like the Elite version, he died to Sap. Narrowly got mastery with a lost medal for Actions Taken and only two for Damage Taken despite everyone on their knees at the end. It helped a lot that he went ham on Gravija when it wasn't really effective to use it.

Jarekx

Preliminary Ultimate Beatrix team:

Lightning: Lifesiphon / Drain Strike
Tyro: Full Break / Armor Strike
Fang: Lifesiphon / Armor break
Aerith: Curaga / Diaga

Last slot I'm still a bit undecided on... I could bring:
Steiner: Lifesiphon / Armor Strike (and give Tyro Power Breakdown)
or
Amarant: Lifesiphon / Power Break

I'd bring Steiner if I was going to try and burst her down quick after entering her harder phases. I'd probably want to find an Aerith RW with Dragon Force for that.

Alternatively, Amarant with Scissor Fangs can give me High Regen so I can hopefully avoid sap deaths. The only issue with that is not having an AOE Heal. I could bring an Eiko RW with Golem Flute for that, I guess.

Or I could just bring Vanille. I have Oerba's Boon and she could be a second healer with Memento of Prayer and Renewing Cure. I'd bring a Lunatic High roaming warrior.

Okay Godo just feels like Rubicante all over again even though I have pretty good FF7 synergy. I guess the big problem with that is that the only good defensive FF7 armor is all 5*. But he keeps hitting nearly 2000 damage on me with Bioga through SSII and Shellga. And he keeps using either it or Trine over and over. Even when I get an AoE heal off I just basically lose all that HP immediately after.

EDIT: As almost always, complaining on GAF was the edge I needed to get the RNG to calm down and let me beat him. And just like the Elite version, he died to Sap. Narrowly got mastery with a lost medal for Actions Taken and only two for Damage Taken despite everyone on their knees at the end. It helped a lot that he went ham on Gravija when it wasn't really effective to use it.

I have pretty much all the bangles for my FF7 armor, and his magic was really manageable with SG+Shellga+Breakdown+Full Break.

Because I love Beatrix I'd planned to do a 50 draw her for Save the Queen, but I bottled it in the end because I already have pretty good IX synergy (Crystal Sword, Butterfly Sword) when it comes to physical.

So, I did a 100 gem and got some trash, but then did a 15 mythril -- all the signs are there! I gasp! But, no, Steiner's Sword instead. Which is lovely, especially with a 2nd MC coming up for him in a few days, but still frustrating. No more mythril now until FFT and the festival for me.

Balphon

Well i know she casts Holy in FF9, but I am pretty sad that i can't think of a single MND weapon she can make use of (EXCEPT her SB sword, ugh...) Characters with out of the ordinary skillsets and almost no gear to match up right for them makes me sad when i really like the character (looking at you too, my pin-less Red XIII) At least there's a few MND bows for Rosa.

Characters being heavily reliant on their SB items to be useful does kinda suck. Though at least in Beatrix's case heals still scale relatively well at low MND and you'd probably mostly want to use her for largely non-stat dependent support spells anyway.

Falk

that puzzling face
Suzuki da best

Characters being heavily reliant on their SB items to be useful does kinda suck. Though at least in Beatrix's case heals still scale relatively well at low MND and you'd probably mostly want to use her for largely non-stat dependent support spells anyway.

Yeah, I'd put Beatrix in the same category as Cecil's white magic and Sephiroth's black magic.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Another 100 gem pull, another 5*. It's just the generic FF IX dagger, though. Still, I had 0 FF IX synergy, so I'll take it.

Kaiterra

Banned
Suzuki da best

Yeah, I'd put Beatrix in the same category as Cecil's white magic and Sephiroth's black magic.

Ha I got an Angel Bow so I can actully run Pecil as a legit White Mage. Booya. I don't think Sephiroth will ever have any gear that makes it worth using black magic with him though...

Razmos

Mastered the FFVII ultimate and the last event quest on the first try, woo.

Also whoever mentioned the Lifesiphon + Ace Striker combo earlier, WOW, thank you. Getting up Blade Beam in like 2 turns is crazy useful.

Kaiterra

Banned
Not really? SG was my RW, and I had Magic Breakdown+Full Break on the same character.

I don't have Full Break Honed either and still only have Magic Breakdown at R2. I committed to running Advantaliate instead because I have a 10/10 augmented Butterfly Edge+ I could get mileage out of.I went in with Cloud running Retaliate/Double Hit (should've been Drain Strike, that was a mistake), Vaan running Double Cut/Power Breakdown (even at just R2 I probably still should've run Magic Breakdown instead. I just picked Power Breakdown because I have it to R3; Vaan was my pick because I have White Whorl and was going to use it as backup Sap if Yuffie couldn't proc it), Yuffie with Tempo Flurry/Shadowsteel, Rosa with Curaga/Shellga (and Divine Favor), Y'shtola with Curaga/Protectga (and Stoneskin II). This fight also made me realize I need to finally make Curaja.

Falk

that puzzling face
1Tqp44kl.jpg

DAFyoA2l.jpg

Scoop Art + Steal Power + Lifesiphon kills bosses too fast that I forgot to do the other medal reqs.

Now I just need 2 more multi hit SB/SSBs and I can replace Steal Power with Barrage and run Planet Protector instead.

j/k i'm falk that'll never happen

edit: I'll humor you guys and do 1 5-myth pull

edit2: Ice Armor (IV) time to make dat 2nd 3++ lolo

edit3:
5Sukfxgl.jpg

oops, turns out I already had two 3++ Ice Armors. To the vendor it goes.

Lmao. What a waste of mythril and ice armor.

I really want Yuffies hat with the 40% heal.
Maybe I'll try to pull for it before the banner is gone because everyone else is.

Grzi

Man, I could watch videos and screenshots of JP account pulls all day. Seeing all those relics fills me with joy.
And a bit of sadness lol.

Kouriozan

Woot, 32 more classic dungeons and I finally caught up in the DU, currently at 128 stamina, the double I had when I started playing again this exactly one month ago.
It'll soon be time to farm those RMs :)

Grzi

Are those Yuffie solo quests worth the hassle? I've still got some time to do them but the rewards don't seem all that good.

Are those Yuffie solo quests worth the hassle? I've still got some time to do them but the rewards don't seem all that good.
They're not too bad provided you've egged Yuffie to level up after the second round (around 15k EXP to next level should be safe) and have the right RW (Black Materia for lots of damage and sap for even more, especially important for the last two). Having the solitude/loner RM helps a bit too (doesn't seem to reduce damage a lot though and for me I could one shot enemies before the boss without it) and I think the rewards are worth the stamina but not to the extent of must do.

That said if case you didn't notice them make you sure you do the three man one as it is fairly straightforward (Cloud, Yuffie, Aerith have aerith cast carbuncle and you can use drain strike, steal HP and drain to heal) and rewards a major wind orb which is well worth it.

Kaiterra

Banned
That said if case you didn't notice them make you sure you do the three man one as it is fairly straightforward (Cloud, Yuffie, Aerith have aerith cast carbuncle and you can use drain strike, steal HP and drain to heal) and rewards a major wind orb which is well worth it.

I broke down that wind orb to make R3 Curaja, definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom