• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've died to Chekov with a level 65 solo Yuffie so many times that I just don't see the point in trying. That fight takes too long and isn't fun in any way shape or form.

LucaMac

I've died to Chekov with a level 65 solo Yuffie so many times that I just don't see the point in trying. That fight takes too long and isn't fun in any way shape or form.

Were you using steal power, steal hp and black materia RW? Because that's a cakewalk...other methods, not so much.

Xetherion

Were you using steal power, steal hp and black materia RW? Because that's a cakewalk...other methods, not so much.

I switched out steal power for Blindga for that fight so Chekov's attacks would miss while Yuffie was paralyzed.

Kouriozan

Another horror story on Reddit, someone saved his mythril for SSSSB fest but decided to pull on Beatrix banner only for Save the Queen... I think you can guess the outcome...
I'll never do the same mistake ever.

Balphon

Another horror story on Reddit, someone saved his mythril for SSSSB fest but decided to pull on Beatrix banner only for Save the Queen... I think you can guess the outcome...
I'll never do the same mistake ever.

He got more 5*s than I did from my last three 11 pulls.

It is what it is.

Kouriozan

He got more 5*s than I did from my last three 11 pulls.

It is what it is.
Indeed!
I'll do a 11 pulls on Terra, same for Tactic and the rest in SSSSB fest since I don't have any SSB, I won't be mad if I don't get Terra's SSB or Ramza's Shout.
I'm just aiming to get some nice synergies and if I get good relics I'll be glad otherwise "better luck next time" ;)

Balphon

Indeed!
I'll do a 11 pulls on Terra, same for Tactic and the rest in SSSSB fest since I don't have any SSB, I won't be mad if I don't get Terra's SSB or Ramza's Shout.
I'm just aiming to get some nice synergies and if I get good relics I'll be glad otherwise "better luck next time" ;)

Hey, the Terra SSB banner has other fun stuff on it too.

Are you not using the Loner/Solitude RMs to get absurd attack and defense boosts? Solitude + XIII Pumpkin (or other ranged option) + Backrow + Steal Power & Steal HP should make you virtually unkillable short of extremely bad luck with Paralyze. As mentioned, bring Sephiroth's SSB along to help Chekov die faster.

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering how fast he dies with Loner/Solitude I'd just run that and S/L if you get paralyzed.

I mean it probably takes less time to S/L than it does to wait out paralyze.

Are you not using the Loner/Solitude RMs to get absurd attack and defense boosts? Solitude + XIII Pumpkin (or other ranged option) + Backrow + Steal Power & Steal HP should make you virtually unkillable short of extremely bad luck with Paralyze. As mentioned, bring Sephiroth's SSB along to help Chekov die faster.

No I was using haste I think. I tried both ranged and non ranged weapons.

Event is over now, so whatever.

MrDaravon

100-gem pull on the FFIX banner, got a 5 star holy shit!

It's a Pinwheel :(

I mean hey I'll take a 5*, but I already have multiple throwing weapons I'm already not using. Would rather have had literally any other 5* on this banner common or not. This fucking game.

Still can't decide if I want to pull on the FFIX banners or not, it's killing me. Up to 192 mythril, I have no FFIX synergy AND I have shit mage weapons across the board, so doing an 11 pull on both of the FFIX banners is tempting, but then SSB (or is it BSSB?) and FFT coming up :(. On the other hand if there is anything in this game that is going to get me to spend money on pulls past 100-gems it would be FFT.

I finally got caught up on the Elite dungeons. The last XIII one was a nail-biter.

GVcxniul.jpg

MrDaravon

Decided to tempt fate by doing a 3-pull on the first FFIX banner

Get a 5*!

It's a Betrayal Sword (VIII).

Like...what? This game continues to give me the most absolutely back-handed 5*s it can. Certainly better than nothing even though I've already got the Blitz Sword, but it's SB is crap and I only pulled on this banner for FFIX gear. God damn it lol.

broz0rs

So is the main reason why peeps are getting overly hyped for the FFT banner because of Ramza's scream or is this just nostalgia? Any of you guys planning to unload your mythril on this banner alone?

Negator

So is the main reason why peeps are getting overly hyped for the FFT banner because of Ramza's scream or is this just nostalgia? Any of you guys planning to unload your mythril on this banner alone?

Ramza's SSB is super good, and also Ramza and Agrias are both ridiculous characters.

I plan on unloading all my Mythril into it.

MrDaravon

So is the main reason why peeps are getting overly hyped for the FFT banner because of Ramza's scream or is this just nostalgia?

Both for me. FFT is top 5 favorite games of all time for me (see my username). If I don't get the relics I want from that banner I will probably actually spend real money until I do. It's gonna be a bad look probably.

Frosteey

Neo Member

Scream is really good, both characters are really good, all of the other non-generic items are good to great (both of Ramza's other skills seem kind of amazing in their own right, just overshadowed by Scream). And really everyone's just trying to get Agrias relics anyway.

I wasn't going to hoard mythril, but I'm only really willing to pull on regular banners if I'm super excited for an item on it, and also would be happy with over half of the total character relics on it. Character items for people I hate are pretty good dissuasion (Steiner and Vaan killing my gambling enthusiasm). So Terra's SSB banner just barely falls short because I don't want to use Kefka and I already have Mog's spear. I'll probably pull on Quistis SSB. Maybe Beatrix's next SB since I like that banner a lot more than this one.

Other than that,everything's going into festival and Agrias.

After that I will probably never have more than a hundred mythril again. A lot of the post-Agrias banners are pretty nice.

MicH

Ramza's 40% heal + Protectga armor is really good too. I'd love to get that one (or Yuffie's headband) if I don't get his Platinum Sword. Having a heal on someone other than a white mage is incredibly useful if you already want to bring PP and/or SSII. If I don't get his armor I'll probably try to get Yuffie's headband on the Vincent banner

Falk

that puzzling face
Only thing about Ramza's heal is that if you also have yell, it's an embarrasment of riches where you won't have enough SB gauge for everything.

Does make him a lot more versatile though.

Jyrii

Banned
Mind blown: to this day I had thought that you actually needed to use a skill in a battle for the skill returning RM to work.

Mind blown: to this day I had thought that you actually needed to use a skill in a battle for the skill returning RM to work.

Wait, what? You can go above the max you have honed? And I never noticed this?

This can't be right.

No, what he means is this situation

Round 1: cast 2 ruinga, cast 2 thundaja
Inbetween get 1 cast of each back
Round 2: don't cast anything
Inbetween het 1 cast of each back

You can't go over your limit, but you don't have to actually cast a spell in the round to get 1 restored

MrDaravon

RIP in advance, either IRL or ragequitting the game.

Advance? Reta Meta!?

Realistically though I'd probably only shell out for 1 or 2 11-pulls in real money at the very very most. And even if I spend on the SSB banners beforehand I should get to FFT with some mythril on hand for sure, starting late I'm still waaaaaaay behind on core dungeons so I have access to mythril day one players don't etc (have 195 as-is right now). Guess I'm probably looking at 2 pulls on each of the FFT banners or so.

famous last words

ZangBa

If I got shut out on the Tactics banners I wouldn't quit, but I'd probably stop caring as much about my stamina or doing dailies. I'd probably focus more on my JP account which has 5 SSB'S already, an AoE heal, Thyrus and several other SB's for way better characters, all within a month.

Don't sleep on agrias ssb, I have it and it is super good. 4 hit physical aoe with paralyze and silence. Really really powerful. I don't have scream but I have other all atk up and I prefer to summon scream as an rw when needed, so don't give up if you don't draw it.

LucaMac

Don't sleep on agrias ssb, I have it and it is super good. 4 hit physical aoe with paralyze and silence. Really really powerful. I don't have scream but I have other all atk up and I prefer to summon scream as an rw when needed, so don't give up if you don't draw it.

Yea my entire RW list in Japan is Screams. Already having Leon with HOTE even with it as a RW in global my physical parties will be insane...I've a wall in Japan though, so unless I get one in global I'll have to keep taking that for superbosses.

Speaking of superbosses. Trying to take on Evrae Atlantis in the abyss over Japan side. Holy moly it's tough. Only white magic allowed. I ended up creating three diagas and honing them high to try best it and still struggling with phase 2. Even having a wall I'm thinking bringing it as a RW too might be needed to get through the slog. Two uses may not be enough at all.

Balphon

Speaking of superbosses. Trying to take on Evrae Atlantis in the abyss over Japan side. Holy moly it's tough. Only white magic allowed. I ended up creating three diagas and honing them high to try best it and still struggling with phase 2. Even having a wall I'm thinking bringing it as a RW too might be needed to get through the slog. Two uses may not be enough at all.

Ninja magic saves the day again.

Jyrii

Banned
No, what he means is this situation

Round 1: cast 2 ruinga, cast 2 thundaja
Inbetween get 1 cast of each back
Round 2: don't cast anything
Inbetween het 1 cast of each back

You can't go over your limit, but you don't have to actually cast a spell in the round to get 1 restored

Yeah sorry, this is what I meant.

LucaMac

Ninja magic saves the day again.

No ninjas with 5 star white magic that I know of (bar Tyro) and the synergy is far to much of a difference to drop. Nearly got there. Brought Yunas sending soul break as my RW. Both of its uses means you only need to hit the mirrors once each after with a diaga...my SG didn't go up in time that time though. Backed out to clear some dungeons as my stamina caught up with me. Will try again when I get it down to zero.

Valus

Just blew all my growth eggs and got every character that wasn't level 50 up to it. Feels good. Now I just have to spend some $ on refreshes tomorrow to get everyone up to 65/80...

Balphon

No ninjas with 5 star white magic that I know of (bar Tyro) and the synergy is far to much of a difference to drop. Nearly got there. Brought Yunas sending soul break as my RW. Both of its uses means you only need to hit the mirrors once each after with a diaga...my SG didn't go up in time that time though. Backed out to clear some dungeons as my stamina caught up with me. Will try again when I get it down to zero.

I'd seen a few folks do it with Tyro using ninja magic on the mirrors. Could also kill a few of them with raise and heal through the explosions but that'd be more SB dependent.

LucaMac

I'd seen a few folks do it with Tyro using ninja magic on the mirrors. Could also kill a few of them with raise and heal through the explosions but that'd be more SB dependent.

Yea it could work alright. Tyro is carrying dispel and death R3 for me at the moment to deal with the guados. My biggest problem because of that is timing with getting SG up again. My latest attempt had me leave it off for most of phase one and heal through the pain. The extra damage gave him an extra charge too. Then Evrea cheated and hit the same character with every single photon spray hit in phase three. I'd have had it otherwise. My Yuna had three charges of a multihit holy soul break ready and I'd two group heals on standby. Makes me reluctant to change tactics now.

Hello I am Cuthbert, this is the first time I come to a "Scared Shitless of the Ultimate fight" meeting.

I started not pulling much on FFIX banners close to a year ago and since then I can't stop. RNG has not been nice with me about the Gladius on the many times I've hit the 11 pulls pipe. I only have one, not even +. I have one armor from the realm, a Power Sash.

I have no clue how I am going to get through this... I am trying to build something around Aertih's AoE Healing SB, Kirin, Cecil with Armor Strike / Banish Strike and his Sentinel SB + mages... Or something... I really don't want to go into the s/l fest that would be 5 man retaliate with Gladius as my strongest weapon... At least I have Leon's SB and could use PP as a RW I guess.

Anyway, nice to meet you! :/

WarAdept

About Beatrix U, if all else fails, I am 100% willing to S/L for hours/days using the 5 man Retaliate strat. Because fuck not completing content when I've done the other Ultimates.

Another 100 gem pull, another 3*.

I feel like such a scumbag thinking about doing 5 man reta when I have natural wall, 3 character aoe heals, shared aoe heal, and 5 FFIX character SB gear (2 swords 2 staffs and 1 tiara).

Think I'll do something like this

Beatrix with Life Siphon, Protectega, Ace Striker
Y'Sholta with Curaga, Shellga, Mako Might
Vivi with 2x Ajas, devotion
Rinoa with 2x ajas, the other magic up def down rm
Steiner with Armor Strike, Banishing Strike, Red Wings (don't actually have yet)

I'm not really sure how much damage Beatrix is gonna do with her Seiken Stock Break, but it gets the holy requirement and will hopefully inflict Sap which could go a long way. While Steiner's thunder sword sb isn't particularly useful it'll help do that extra bit of damage. I have Vivi's double venom and Rinoa's SSB so they can just nuke and sb once it builds up will also probably throw my Gaia Gear on Vivi to give him an aoe heal just in case. Not sure if Emerald Light for heal with Hastega or a heal with major regen is a better rw to bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom