• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

broz0rs

As promised, did an 11-pull on the 2nd ffix banner, only relevant relic I pulled was a 5* Barbuta helmet.

Too bad I can't headbutt Beatrix with it ;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dope, forgot there was new stuff today. Wasted all my stamina doing elites...

I just watched the Beatrix cheese. So her AoE attacks are physicals that can be avoided simply with retaliate? Crazy.

Balphon

Dope, forgot there was new stuff today. Wasted all my stamina doing elites...

I just watched the Beatrix cheese. So her AoE attacks are physicals that can be avoided simply with retaliate? Crazy.

She only has one AoE attack.

Retaliate won't prevent you from getting hit by Holy and Shock, and she is more likely to use those as the fight goes on.

From reading the AI description, roughly half her turns when she's below 41% HP will be Holy or Shock, and her SPD is high enough to give her an ATB charge time of zero, so I'm not really sure how well retaliate is going to work unless you have a synergy weapon and a ton of luck. Dismissal spam seems like the more effective cheese.

hesho

hmmm...

what other skills are there that is holy besides diaxx?

I don't think it is possible for me to master this unless i use that ret cheese :(

I did beat it though at least.

btw, shock did 9624 dmg to cloud lol.

My plan to master Beatrix with only a 4* weapon and a 5* armor for synergy and no retaliate worked!

MVP: Cecil with Sentinel! Banishing Strike was awesome to inflict the Holy damage requirement and dispel was primordial in my plan, she even hit herself with Holy once or twice. Armor Strike was able to dish out some good damage, around 7.5k. Of course, Tyro with SG and Aerith with Healing Wind were also crucial. Shadowsteel was also necessary for the damage from Sap, over the course of the fight it did a lot of damage.

EI4S010l.png

Xetherion

My plan to master Beatrix with only a 4* weapon and a 5* armor for synergy and no retaliate worked!

MVP: Cecil with Sentinel! Banishing Strike was awesome to inflict the Holy damage requirement and dispel was primordial in my plan, she even hit herself with Holy once or twice. Armor Strike was able to dish out some good damage, around 7.5k. Of course, Tyro with SG and Aerith with Healing Wind were also crucial. Shadowsteel was also necessary for the damage from Sap, over the course of the fight it did a lot of damage.

EI4S010l.png

Congrats! Did Pecil's Sentinel work on Holy as well, or just the phys attacks? Also what is Rinoa's 2nd ability?

Grzi

io6eeyj.jpg

Free daily draw today, yesterday's draw but didn't get a chance to pull it untill now, couldn't play at all yesterday.
Anyway, another shared SB armor, but it's free so I'll take it.

Xetherion

Thanks! Since she was not bouncing it off of her own reflect, it was all on Pecil. Rinoa has Renewing Cure, the AoE Regen.

Damn that's awesome, wish i had Sentinel. Renewing Cure is the single target heal + regen, so i'm guessing you mean Memento of Prayer. I forgot that ability existed, I'm probably gonna have to make it now.

io6eeyj.jpg

Free daily draw today, yesterday's draw but didn't get a chance to pull it untill now, couldn't play at all yesterday.
Anyway, another shared SB armor, but it's free so I'll take it.
This has been a staple piece on many of my teams for months now. Good draw.

Mastered this Ultimate using advance retaliate (as usual) with the following team ,

12654109_10154520431178989_2532685003427886624_n.jpg

Steiner was my medal gatherer using both the armor strike and having a record materia that changes regular attack to holy.

I had to save load once because I screwed up the timing of when to use Yshtolas Wall. The first phase didn't require any healing because climhazard would just bring everyone down to 1hp anyway, so I just used my poor mans life syphon(wrath) and built up her Soul Break gauges. Also held off on using Sazhs boon until the first climhazard was about to go off so I could ensure it would last the remainder of the fight. I killed her 1 turn after the second climhazard hit. Lost 2 medals on damage and 1 on turns(which I thought was weird because I felt like this went quickly). Mastered with the 3 medals lost. I think having a sword that let me do about 8500 a retaliate hit (with debuffs in play) was the key to success here.

friz898

What is considered 100% completion? (with the caveat that, like an mmo, this game is never done)

1. All Chars to the higest level possible.
2. All skills/spells mastered to rank 5.
3. All items (ya, i'l.l never aim for that)
4. All dungeons done on both classic and mastered.
5. .......What else?

Grzi

So what's the best way to utilize the exp daily dungeon?
Enter the + dungeon solo, kill the first wave and use an AoE RW for the remainig two waves? Exit dungeon and repeat?

So what's the best way to utilize the exp daily dungeon?
Enter the + dungeon solo, kill the first wave and use an AoE RW for the remainig two waves? Exit dungeon and repeat?

Preferably you should go through all 3 stages of it in order to get the bonus eggs as a final reward. If possible, craft Ruinga to Rank 5 , stick it on your highest magic user with a haste record materia, and go to town (10 uses clears the whole thing). I like to bring a full party because even though the exp bar filling up isn't as impressive, I always have a crew to level.

Kenai

Got Exploda on my 100 pull. Been a long time! I think my last one was Kaiser Knuckles from the FF6 event.

And Zidane does a TON of damage with it too. Steal Power + that buff it gives and he easily does 6200~ x 4 on the + bosses that resist breaks and he's only lvl 55. He'd prolly be doing 9999 x 4 if he were higher level or I had been using Breaks.

What is considered 100% completion? (with the caveat that, like an mmo, this game is never done)

1. All Chars to the higest level possible.
2. All skills/spells mastered to rank 5.
3. All items (ya, i'l.l never aim for that)
4. All dungeons done on both classic and mastered.
5. .......What else?

I'm guessing something to do with the Quests, there's a lot of those too.

man, i landed sephy's bssb aeirth's rod and cid's spear on the latest jp banner. I now have both sephy's bssb and ssb, meaning that in a cool 30k weapon exp, he will have hit +20 atk. zounds! my first bssb. my last 3 50 pulls have netted me Auron's ssb, Yda's ssb, and now this one, so I am rolling in gear over there.

MicH

Wow! Another 5* on my 100 gem pull! That's three in a couple of weeks! Git the Red Cap with shared Attack buff SB. I'm so happy as I have no IX armor!

On the first Yuffie banner I got the generic Metal Knuckles on my 100 gem pull. On the second Yuffie banner I got Reno's goggles and now the cap. Nice!

Noi

Ngm2P5tl.jpeg

The cheese is real. She died so fast that, once I got her down to 75%, she just went Climhazzard > Seiken Stock Break > Climhazzard > Dead with nothing in between. Only took three quick S/L's, one from faulty execution, one cause she did Shock as her immediate first action after Clim, and one from me hitting Cloud just as his retaliate ran out when she had a pixel of heath left. Full medals (except damage, duh).

My party, if curious. Everyone said to get those extra Retaliates to R2, but I only had to use a single cast on the others.

MicH

I have much better IX synergy than I thought., but that is almost exclusively due to me pulling during the last IX event where I got Vivi's meteorite rod, two Coral Swords and the Tiger Claw. I then got a Power Sash during the SSB celebration and now the Red Cap on my 100 gem pull. Not to mention Garnet's Storm Staff from one of the lucky draws. Not bad!

Razmos

Did 5 pulls, plus the 100 gem pull, and got all 3 stars until I got Garnet's Asuras Rod. And since I was pulling for a mage weapon I'm pretty happy with that.

Damn that's awesome, wish i had Sentinel. Renewing Cure is the single target heal + regen, so i'm guessing you mean Memento of Prayer. I forgot that ability existed, I'm probably gonna have to make it now.

Yea, sorry for that. That's what happens when posting just before bedtime... I created it for the Ultimate.

Jarekx

Decided to use WoL second RM for the Holy req only to realise I don't have it yet. Guess I'm heading to underground waterway.

MicH

Ultimate Beatrix down! That one was a toughie! Had to switch my entire team up as it just wasn't working. She dies so much annoying damage. I had to make a team with both Yuna and Lenna (I have their AoE heal relics) so I could heal through everything. But I managed to master it in the end. Golbez can use Armor Strike if anyone here wants to go mage meta.

Jarekx

Bah, I only have one Eiko Golem Flute RW. Gonna be a lot of resets.

What I'm trying:
Fang: LifeSiphon/ Tempo Flurry (Pulsar Burst)
Tyro: Full Break/ Power Breakdown (SG)
Lightning: Drain Strike / Lifesiphon (Crushing Blow)
Steiner: Armor Strike / Lifesiphon (Sword Art Stock Break) (also holy damage w/ WoL RM2)
Aerith: Memento of Prayer / Curaga ( Planet Protector )

Plan on taking it slow at first to build up Soul breaks then use Eiko at the first and second Climhazzard and hope I can just burst her down with all the SB spam.

friz898

Ultimate Beatrix down! That one was a toughie! Had to switch my entire team up as it just wasn't working. She dies so much annoying damage. I had to make a team with both Yuna and Lenna (I have their AoE heal relics) so I could heal through everything. But I managed to master it in the end. Golbez can use Armor Strike if anyone here wants to go mage meta.

How many Phoenix buffs?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
She only has one AoE attack.

Retaliate won't prevent you from getting hit by Holy and Shock, and she is more likely to use those as the fight goes on.

From reading the AI description, roughly half her turns when she's below 41% HP will be Holy or Shock, and her SPD is high enough to give her an ATB charge time of zero, so I'm not really sure how well retaliate is going to work unless you have a synergy weapon and a ton of luck. Dismissal spam seems like the more effective cheese.

Ngm2P5tl.jpeg

The cheese is real. She died so fast that, once I got her down to 75%, she just went Climhazzard > Seiken Stock Break > Climhazzard > Dead with nothing in between. Only took three quick S/L's, one from faulty execution, one cause she did Shock as her immediate first action after Clim, and one from me hitting Cloud just as his retaliate ran out when she had a pixel of heath left. Full medals (except damage, duh).

My party, if curious. Everyone said to get those extra Retaliates to R2, but I only had to use a single cast on the others.

So... yeah, I don't get it. Is it just because the AI isn't programmed to do her other attacks if you have retaliate up or something? Why does this cheese work?

MicH

So... yeah, I don't get it. Is it just because the AI isn't programmed to do her other attacks if you have retaliate up or something? Why does this cheese work?
Most of her attacks are physical, with the hardest hitters being all AoE. When your entire party rerataliates her physical damage output you only need to worry about her two Magic attacks which are single target

Her physical attacks are really tough. Climhazzard takes everyone down to 1 HP so you have to heal fast. She follows up with Shock Break which damages and saps everyone so you need regen to cure the sap. She's pretty tough and giving your entire team Retaliate completely negates her AoEs

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Most of her attacks are physical, with the hardest hitters being all AoE. When your entire party rerataliates her physical damage output you only need to worry about her two Magic attacks which are single target

Her physical attacks are really tough. Climhazzard takes everyone down to 1 HP so you have to heal fast. She follows up with Shock Break which damages and saps everyone so you need regen to cure the sap. She's pretty tough and giving your entire team Retaliate completely negates her AoEs

Ah, so you can still get killed by a stray magic attack if RNG screws with you?

Noi

In addition to what MicH said, her AI is programmed to automatically queue up certain attacks once she hits certain HP percentages; not as interrupts, but as her regular moves. She'll do Climhazzard at ~75% and ~30%, which lowers the party's HP to 1 but can't kill. She WILL try to do a Seiken Stock Break in between those to try and Sap/damage the party, but retaliate on everyone makes it miss due to being a physical attack. That means all parties have to worry about is the attacks that go in between those, but you have some leeway in that only two attacks, Shock and Holy, can bypass Retaliate cuz they're magic, and since the fight itself doesn't have a "Don't get KO'd against _____" bonus medal requirement, it means you can actually let one person die and still get full medals for people getting KO'd.

In my case, because the setup I was using (Cloud w/ Zell's RM1 + Advance + Boost and a natural 5* RS Sword), I was burning her down so quickly that, once I made her queue up her first Climhazzard, I was never in danger of dying because she would only have time to queue up and execute the moves I mentioned, which have no danger of killing me. It was just a matter of using their very first turn to land Armor Strike with Gilgamesh and regular Attack with Auron (with Warrior of Light's Holy Attack materia) to satisfy the extra medal requirements, then go to town.

Balphon

Her AI requires her to use Climhazzard and Seiken Stock Break a few times before she can do anything else. If you can kill her before she can get through those four actions she won't ever use anything else. If she gets into her normal 3rd/4th phase AI, however, she will almost certainly start killing people.

Jarekx

So anyone got a Golem Flute RW?

I wasted the only one I had by forgetting to change Protectga to Memento of Prayer (And I used both DD and SS, assuming I had Memento). Suffice to say it didn't go really well. I got her down to 25%ish with some really perfect timed heals on the first Climhazzard but the second boned me without Memento

RivalCore

Did the 5-man reta-cheese on Beatrix. Ain't no shame here son!

Out of all the Ultimates so far, Rubicante has been my favourite. It actually lined up well with my mage party and didn't feel so dependent on good synergy/5*s.

Beatrix defeated. I, too, used the 5-man retaliate strategy and while it made the fight much easier, it also turned it into something of a rhythm game. Fun but frustrating too. Happy to have it mastered now!

Negator

Holy shit, I was real salty that I got both of Galuf's weapons. Now you're saying that I can do some cheese shenanigans come next event?! Awesome.

Vossler does his gimmick attack on the highest %HP party member. Well, if he's at full health and immune to everything...

The only tricky part is not healing anyone else to full near the end of the fight, but you have to do this in the regular fight anyway.

friz898

I guess the best of the best with this game know all the tricks.

I just wanted to be able to do everything in the game using "basic ff rules"

You know.. whm, blm, a tank and two dmg dealers... with abilities that make sense.

But man. Now I'm starting to think I'm never going to beat 99+ bonus battles, or the elites past like 110 difficulty without using some of these tricks, or heavy spending with mythril phoenix buffs.

Tell me my future is NOT so bleak.

I've now got about 20 people to 65. Not a single one has MC2.

Grzi

Meltigemini killed my Rinoa a second before the last Sap killed him so I missed mastery.
I'll probably fight him one more time for the Earth Orbs but this really pissed me off.
The 5 man Reta for Beatrix seems tempting and I might give it a shot lol, I need some more growth eggs for my Reta characters though, so I'll wait for the FFXII event to start before I try it.
I'll probably fail but it should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom