• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Armor Strike is my new favorite ability. 9999 consistent on Ultimate Beatrix. To be fair, Full Break/Armor Breakdown/Wall/Protectga/5* sword. But it makes Knight characters hurt without relying on Minus Strike shenanigans, and Wall is pretty much going to be in every hard fight anyway.

Also Zidane legit did 89991 damage in 3 turns I'm a believer.

edit: for anyone wondering:

Zidane (Steal Power/Lifesiphon + Scoop Art + KNIGHT'S CHARGE YESSSSSSSSSS)
Steiner (Armor Strike/Banish Raid)
Wall + Mako Might
Red XIII (Full Break/Armor Breakdown)
Yuna (Valefor r5/Kirin r5 + HotF + Dr Mog's Teaching)

Red XIII also had a ~700 aoe heal because I was scared lol

Whole idea was pretty much get mitigation up, and autoattack while Zidane Lifesiphons, but otherwise go slow to get 2nd round of SBs up. By the time Wall/Medica had enough for a 2nd SB and it was time to push her over the 40% mark, Zidane had 3 full SB gauges and had just used Steal Power, so it literally was a massacre with Scoop Art 3 turns in a row.

(yeah yeah natural wall/medica etc)

Kouriozan

I can see the finish line!
Can't believe I finally caught up on classic dungeons.

h5MVcicl.jpg

Hope we won't have much longer to wait for the permanent hall of rites, really need a few MC2.

I can see the finish line!
Can't believe I finally caught up on classic dungeons.

h5MVcicl.jpg

Hope we won't have much longer to wait for the permanent hall of rites, really need a few MC2.

Now begins the even bigger challenge of catching up on all the elites.

I'm about to get to the ogopogo fight :| ugh thankfully I'm done with ff4 crap after this for awhile.

Kouriozan

Now begins the even bigger challenge of catching up on all the elites.

I'm about to get to the ogopogo fight :| ugh thankfully I'm done with ff4 crap after this for awhile.

Only 134 elites left, the will be fun >.<
I'm not in a hurry to do them, I need better abilities/hones first, didn't really start farming dailies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm about halfway through Dungeon Update #10 dungeons.

Considering I am a Day 1 player I am super far behind.

I actually did pretty well getting through the "Someone to Protect" event, but I don't have the mix/max/abilities/etc to get past 99 Difficulty fights. I'm focusing on catching up on normal dungeons for now.

MrDaravon

Woooo, did a 3-pull on the second FFIX banner and got the Asura's (?) Rod! Kinda makes up for back to back Pinwheels. FINALLY have a goddamn BM Weapon other than the Lullaby Rod so I can give that back to my WM (who is using that freebie Christmas one lol). I think that this point I'm just going to compromise and still do 100-gem pulls, but then also do 3 pulls on banners that have stuff I really want/need so I can still save most of my mythril for SSB/FFT.

Pachimari

I just started this up yesterday. But it's not wise to play this game, if I want to avoid spoilers right? I'm planning to go through the Final Fantasy series but I really don't want to get spoiled.

Negator

But man. Now I'm starting to think I'm never going to beat 99+ bonus battles, or the elites past like 110 difficulty without using some of these tricks, or heavy spending with mythril phoenix buffs.

Tell me my future is NOT so bleak.

I've now got about 20 people to 65. Not a single one has MC2.

Are you having issues surviving or dealing damage? Can you post your team comp?

greyshark

Just ignore the text under the paintings and you'll never learn anything about the story - you will get spoiled for boss names I suppose. I haven't played FF IX, FF X, or FF XII and haven't gotten spoiled from the game at all.

Just ignore the text under the paintings and you'll never learn anything about the story - you will get spoiled for boss names I suppose. I haven't played FF IX, FF X, or FF XII and haven't gotten spoiled from the game at all.
I'm actually playing X now for the first time and FFRK did spoil some small story bits by knowing some bosses, such as:
Seymour being an evil scumbag (although that was obvious in game) that you fight multiple times who comes back after his death.
Issaru being a later boss encounter.
Lulu failing Ginnem as a Guardian in the past.

However, I have no problem knowing the above and it's actually been cool to reach a boss and get to go "Oh! THAT'S what they look like in 3D". It's also nice to go into these boss battles with an idea of a strategy I can use against them.

FFRK is also helping me get even more excited for the FFIX Steam release. I love the characters already, so I'm ready to find out more about them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was just wondering, for the Beatrix cheese when do you apply retaliate? After each chimhazzard cast? Is it worth using SG at all?

RivalCore

I was just wondering, for the Beatrix cheese when do you apply retaliate? After each chimhazzard cast? Is it worth using SG at all?

I did it straight away. And it's a matter of getting the timing down for every 3 turns, aka do two actions and reapply.

No point in doing any mitigation since you'll be at 1hp for 90 percent of the fight.

Beatrix. Done. I used the reta cheese, no shame. One rs dagger. Zells rm was the key for me, increased each hit from 6k to 7.5k, so after he first climhazzard and renewing retaliate, I was dealing 60k damage per turn not including sephiroth. First attempt I used a different rm. also had barrage on sephiroth, but only used once. Second try I killed her without a reload after failing for a bit with a slightly different load out.

Relieved not to have to drop mythril for a better weapon, my 100 gem dagger did well enough.

Pachimari

Hmm, I think I'm too nervous of getting spoiled. I know I can't control myself and I'll end up reading the text. Such a shame cause I got it installed and started up.

rsniper59

Neo Member
I was able to take down the 120 Difficulty boss in the FFIX event! Previously, the only 120 I could manage was just eeking out a victory in the Rikku event by spamming Berserk.

Here I actually ended up mastering! The special criteria of Fire & Holy weaknesses played a major part there, but I'm still extremely happy with how far my characters have progressed so quickly. Having Save the Queen and Organics definitely helps with the damage output!

Balphon

Managed to master Beatrix by the skin of my teeth with a decent bit of luck. Cecil was dead at the end and she would've killed someone else had she moved again and cast Holy.

My group in case anyone wants to laugh at my terrible FF9 synergy.

b54tgotl.jpg

As far as Ultimate beatrix goes you can look at her legs as a rough guide to the HP points:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...otect_bonus_battles_discussion_thread/czieti3
This is handy is you don't want her to enter a certain phase (the last phase she is so fast her ATB instantly fills leaving attack casting time only), you probably don't need it if you're cheesing with 5 man retaliate (like I just did*).

*-Being at the jaws of death sure is exciting. I nearly had Gilgamesh and Tyro die to a Seiken stock break (there was a period where their retaliate had expired and right after the last one got retaliate off then came Seiken stock break).

Meanwhile in Japan (well everywhere I guess...I think the BGM URLs are the same) it seems some additional BGM tracks have been uploaded to the server:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...poiler_warning_new_music_uploaded_to_dena_jp/
Given the FFIII, V and X ones were final boss related I'm guessing I+II were as well.

WarAdept

After 1hr of S/L, Retaliated my way to Mastery on U Beatrix. No regrets.

There was no way I was going to Master that shit with my current SBs/Synergy.

EDIT: Oh wow XII event tomorrow. Time to egg Fran to 65.

Balphon

These days I like to go 64 in case there are any Don't get *character* KOd because when I've got thousands of growth eggs spare I really need to make sure I'm not letting a single EXP go to waste :(

I was hoarding like that too until I realized I had 1500/400/100 3*/4*/5* eggs and should probably go ahead and use them.

The only character with a Don't KO condition in this event is Vaan if that helps.

Jarekx

So Unyielding fist is the Vossler cheese strategy? Guess I'm bringing Galuf with me. I'll change my roaming warrior to him to when the bonus battles drop if anyone needs. I'm running Planet protector currently.
Quote for Friend code.

Thanks Kouriozan. I knew it didn't feel right when I was first posting. Lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
So Unyielding fist is the Vossler cheese strategy? Guess I'm bringing Galuf with me. I'll change my roaming warrior to him to when the bonus battles drop if anyone needs. I'm running Planet protector currently.
Quote for Friend code.

It's one way to beat him.

Honestly, all you need is someone who can take hits to the face and to keep him at high HP. CT0's individual hits should never ever hit for more than 1k apiece with mitigation up, and far less on a tank.

lv80 Paladin Cecil with Warrior's Burden, Draw Fire (DEF boost, indirectly 'draws' CT0 ohohoh), Armor Strike, Protectga, Wall and a good piece of heavy armor is going to be able to tank him virtually indefinitely, while doing absurd damage.

Phase 1 is much more prone to shit going wrong and countless savescums depending on what the two goobers do.

Beat ult beatrix, my strategy probably could have gotten me mastery but I got unlucky and her sap from the second seiken dropped 3 characters a second before my memento went off/another sap tick killed her :[

Salty rage didn't even feel like s/l ing tonight

MrDaravon

Up to 131 Stamina, oh my god the core dungeons never end do they? I gave up on Elites and am just doing Classics to hit the end and I still have like 12-15 levels left at least.

friz898

Up to 131 Stamina, oh my god the core dungeons never end do they? I gave up on Elites and am just doing Classics to hit the end and I still have like 12-15 levels left at least.

I kinda did that. Around the point of 85-100 difficulty. I had been doing both simultaneously based on difficulty level, but the Elites seemed to start draining my Mythril.

For me, I have finished all Classics, and everytime they release more, I can keep up. My elites however .. just about anything 105 diffulcty or higher.... I'm either going to barely win, or spend 1-5 mythril on the boss, which I don't want to do.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I did it straight away. And it's a matter of getting the timing down for every 3 turns, aka do two actions and reapply.

No point in doing any mitigation since you'll be at 1hp for 90 percent of the fight.
It took like 5 times for me to do because of RNG taking out 2 guys during the final phase, but I got it done. Yay cheese!

I kind of wish there was a timer displayed for when status effects are wearing off. You sort of just have to "guess", which is kind of annoying.

friz898

Are you having issues surviving or dealing damage? Can you post your team comp?

Well it depends on the boss or which 'series' I'm doing.

What I would like to do.. is have a good group for each final fantasy, and just make a good balanced group for each to beat all the challenges out there.

I do not want to:

1. Use strategies like Retaliate. I'm not like "above this" or something elitist. It's just that, .. I don't know I want to always have a Tank/Knight, a Melee Dmg Dealer/Thief/Ninja, and a WHM and a BLM...

..fortunately this follows the FF IV formula of having 5 chars in a group, so I always (few expections) make my group to be:

1. Tank
2. Whm - back row
3. Monk/Melee dmg dealer
4. Blm/Summoner - back row
5. Another melee dmg dealer, or maybe a hybrid support.

That's how I want to do it. The second I reach the spot where they say, "for this boss fight, it's best to have 2 tanks and 3 blm's" or.. "have 4 whms and a blm" I'm going to be like booooooooooo. Guess I'm just stuck in my old FF ways.

So that being said, for the last ff9 event, I had Steiner, Zidane, Amarant along with Vivi and Garnet. They own'ed (with little effort) everything up to 99. But the bonus battles? I can just take one look and tell you that is going to be 4-7 mythril on phoenix buffs/deaths.

For FF12 that's coming up, I'll use my leveled up group of: Vaan, Balthier and Fran, along with Ashe. That's the only FF 12 toons I have to this date, I'll fill in with probably a real good blm like Vivi, Lulu, Rydia, or Reno -- all are level 65.

(btw thanks for helping)

Falk

that puzzling face
There are only 4 FFXII characters right now anyway. (Not counting Penelo)

edit:
Paladin Cecil with just Protectga and Draw Fire is Armor Striking things for 9999 in Tuesday daily.

I know who's gonna be Vossler MVP

edit2: Holy shit this is so broken hahahaha. Why even have other damage abilities like Launch etc when knights can just hit for 9999 without even trying.

I'm surprised it doesn't have a much more conservative formula considering how plentiful and how much of a bigger factor DEF buffs are compared to ATK.

edit3: It also appears to be 1-shotting the Tuesday daily dragons without any buffs or breaks at 7.8k a pop

HOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT LOL

Falk

that puzzling face
It hits like a truck when you use Wall. (Which is pretty much every hard boss) So it definitely scales off the character's total stat, not his armor. Everything from Draw Fire to Protectga also buffs its damage.

MicH

Yeah, I'm really feeling the Knights now. They're getting some good stuff. Banishing Strike and Armor Strike are both excellent. I even have a 5* heavy armor for XII so that's exciting

Jyrii

Banned
So how does the 5-man retaliate work? My group does pretty horrible dmg despite of decent dmg stats. I took Hymn of the Fayth RW, but I only got Beatrix's health down to around 66% before getting my whole team killed.

I have Planet protector, but that would mean Aerith without retaliate

unround

So how does the 5-man retaliate work? My group does pretty horrible dmg despite of decent dmg stats. I took Hymn of the Fayth RW, but I only got Beatrix's health down to around 66% before getting my whole team killed.

The idea is to bring Advance and spend the entire fight at 1 hp, so you won't need HotF. The strat depends on her not using Shock or Holy at a bad time (or preferably killing her fast enough that she doesn't even get the chance).

Advance is the RW to use and Zell's RM that boosts attack with lower HP.

A Diamond Sword (yeah 5* RS Sword I know...) using Level 80 Cloud with that setup + boost + advance was doing about 7.5k damage a hit once he was at 1HP.

You don't heal at all and just hope Beatrix doesn't use shock/holy to KO more than one person (there is no don't get KOd condition so you can still champion with one KO). The phase transitions having fixed attacks and ATB resets probably do help here too given phase 4 (<41% HP) has a cumulative chance of 8/9 chance to use shock/holy but the first two attacks are always Climhazzard and Seiken Stock Break (and at 400 speed too so a small bit of ATB time rather than instant ATB bar filling 700 speed).

More info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...can_fairly_easily_beat_ultimate_beatrix_with/
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/43154x/someone_to_protect_enemy_stats_and_ai/

You'll want Advance for RW, and then have everyone attack the advancer. You won't need any healing at all so don't worry about that. Zell's Untapped Power RM which increases attack as your HP drops is very, very helpful too since you'll be at 1hp for 75% of the fight after Climhazard.

One character can die without any medal loss so you can take one holy/shock in the final stage. Also Warrior of Light has an RM that adds holy to your attack which can help with the Holy attack requirement without taking up an ability slot. With Advance, Boost and Untapped Power you should be hitting for 6-7k, after that it's just a matter of timing to keep retaliate up and, of course, luck.

Edit: Damnit, beaten!

Jyrii

Banned
The idea is to bring Advance and spend the entire fight at 1 hp, so you won't need HotF. The strat depends on her not using Shock or Holy at a bad time (or preferably killing her fast enough that she doesn't even get the chance).

Advance is the RW to use and Zell's RM that boosts attack with lower HP.

You'll want Advance for RW, and then have everyone attack the advancer. You won't need any healing at all so don't worry about that. Zell's Untapped Power RM which increases attack as your HP drops is very, very helpful too since you'll be at 1hp for 75% of the fight after Climhazard.

Okay, Advance it is then. Thanks everyone!

I beat Beatrix without Retaliate, I went with Sap.

The only 5&#9733; weapon I have is Vivi's Meteor Rod (and zero 4&#9733;).

I blew my first attempt using Vaan (since I have his Sap relic), and Protect/Regen Roaming Warrior, many flaws.

Second attempt was solid, Tyro with Shadowsteel and Cure/Heavy Regen Roaming Warrior, BUT OH MY GOD SHADOWSTEEL'S HIT RATE IS ABHORRENT. Many, many resets, fighting with both a dozen useless Shadowsteels and learning the timing of when to heal and add regens. Honestly, I should have bailed again and combined Vaan and Tyro in some way, but I think it was hard because Steiner is also required for the two new knight skills. For example, Full Break was not much use, Vivi was hitting 9600 without it, Magic Breakdown probably would've been better.

I only have Sephiroth, Cloud, Auron and Gilgamesh above lv.50 as Retaliators.

Cyan's next up, only level 26 but i guess it shouldn't make too much of a difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom