• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyshark

FINALLY mastered Beatrix - I have 2 5* RS rods and spent so much time trying to make a party with 2 BM's, Sap, and Armor Strike work. Got tired of dealing with the RNG of getting Sap to land and dumped it in favor of a 2nd WM - so much easier after that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Did some mathcraft, Armor Strike should be hitting Ultimate Vossler for ~8k

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO

edit: Also I may have been a bit overzealous in stating it scaled into hilarity in my last post on the issue - Protectga and Draw Fire both increase its damage by ~10-12% multiplicative, which is a far cry from a 20% ATK buff increasing damage by 35%. So in other words "massive defensive buffs" == the myriad attack buffs that are available, rather than completely overshadowing them.

Grzi

Decided to try and get Ricard's MC again, since I got my ass handed to me last time.
Did a bit of preparation (as in, actually equipping my characters with whatever FFXII gear I have) and it was a cakewalk.
Not sure if I even need Dragoon's Determination right now but it's good to have it around, I guess.

Grzi

What other mobage games are you guys playing?
I tried Dragon Blaze and Seven Knights and while they look great (love some of the character designs), the gameplay doesn't do it for me. Not a fan of having little to no control over my characters in battle. Plus the upgrade systems are needlessly complicated and not fun.
The One Piece game is not available in my region.
Anyone play Granblue Fantasy? It should be coming out in the west soon, right? What about Brave Exvius? That Gundam game by DeNa probably won't be coming out in the west right?

Kenai

I tried Dragon Blaze and Seven Knights and while they look great (love some of the character designs), the gameplay doesn't do it for me. Not a fan of having little to no control over my characters in battle. Plus the upgrade systems are needlessly complicated and not fun.
Anyone play Granblue Fantasy? It should be coming out in the west soon, right? What about Brave Exvius? That Gundam game by DeNa probably won't be coming out in the west right?

This is the only one I play. I have heard some good things about the One Piece game and that OT seems to still be somewhat active.

Do you have Android? Because, if a game you are interested in is not available in your region, using QooApp usually allows you to download it just fine.

As for me, I rotate between: FFRK, One Piece Treasure Cruise, Marvel Future Fight and Bleach Brave Souls. Occasionally, I play a few runs in Spider-Man Unlimited as well. However, I mostly stopped once I finished the story mode.

Falk

that puzzling face

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128143

Lots of good discovery.

I've found that it's not possible to have more than one mobage in the 'grinding phase' nor more than 3 in the hold steady phase where you're on top of content and waiting for more. As in, if I want to start another, I'm gonna have to give up one of the three I'm currently playing, and I really can't start consecutive new ones any closer than ~6-8 weeks apart.

Then again I play a shit ton of other games on top of work though. YMMV etc.

Kouriozan

Adult Rydia in JP, about time!

CaWaM_7UMAA8OD7.png

+ Edward MC1/2, rejoice Fabled Harp owners! See you in 6 months!

That is odd. Just doing the 99 difficulty Vossler I used Slowga on him, it missed (he counter reflected so I couldn't try again) and that counted as afflicting him with slow?

Were you also using Tempo Flurry?
I was not but come to think of it I did slow one of the Imperial Swordsman so that is probably what counted despite the condition not stating so.

Something for someone else to try on the 99 difficulty dungeon...

Xetherion

The only other mobile game i'm playing now is Fantasy War Tactics. I used to play Terra Battle as well but i simply don't have time for 3 games. I don't really have time for 2 games even, i mostly play FFRK and only play FWT when i'm out of stamina in FFRK.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tempted to quit now. It is becoming a save load fest and gear check that isn't fun.

I spent way more time savescumming Soulcage and Seifer trio than I did any Ultimate, even Barth.

yes I have natural wall

I think the stupidest move that FFRK Global has done was shuffling up the Beginner pull. Stormlance is fun and all but not having a guaranteed wall if you're so inclined is a death sentence for a lot of people as far as interest goes from limiting the amount of setups that are viable for hard content.

I spent way more time savescumming Soulcage and Seifer trio than I did any Ultimate, even Barth.

yes I have natural wall

I think the stupidest move that FFRK Global has done was shuffling up the Beginner pull. Stormlance is fun and all but not having a guaranteed wall if you're so inclined is a death sentence for a lot of people as far as interest goes from limiting the amount of setups that are viable for hard content.

Jp had cyclone grimoire as the guaranteed relic. Sentinel was in the featured 11 pull though, just random to nab.

ZangBa

I believe I had nearly 1k stamina using the refresh in Fantasy War Tactics before I decided that I was probably never going to play it, since I was just logging in for daily bonuses, lol.

liezryou

Soo i might be picking up this game again after a long ass time. I played right after global release and quit after getting aerith. Is it worth coming back or should i just start a new account?

B.K.

Roughly how much HP does both Demon Walls have in the two Tomb of Raithwall Elites? I'm going through some Final Fantasy XII Elite dungeons, since I'm geared up for XII from the Penelo event, but I don't want to try to do those two Demon Walls if I'm not going to be able to do damage fast enough to kill them before their instant death move. I don't want to waste the stamina.

broz0rs

I'm a little late, but as I'm clearing the ffxii event I realize Balthier is essentially Bartz with a gun. Steal Power with Spellblade is so sick. I think I'll end up using my beginner 11-pull after all to get his gun if i don't get anything in the 2nd banner.

I just realized that I STILL haven't spent any of my Rosetta stones - am I the only one that's afraid to "waste" them?
I haven't used any of mine, but I'm actually not afraid to use them, I just figure I should wait until I pull a Super or a Burst relic.

If Black-Hair Cloud gets his Memory Crystal 2 before then, I guess I'll dump them into his sword that I have.

greyshark

I have pulled Lightning's SSB - I suppose that's a good a place as any for them. Most of my other 5* gear are rods/staves.

EDIT: Now I remember why I haven't. Now that I've mastered the soul break I almost never equip the gun anymore - opting instead for whatever RS weapon I have for the dungeon I'm in.

Brandson

The all-retaliate strategy for Beatrix ultimate didn't work for me at all. I was never able to do enough damage after each of her special moves to stop her from doing regular attacks (invariably shock spam).

I ended up mastering using my two guys with multi-hit soul breaks, Steiner for his abilities needed for the mastery conditions, and two healers. I used a lot of mitigation and charged soul breaks until Beatrix was at about 40%, then unloaded. The first time I didn't realize I would need to clear sap status, but then I ran it again with Kirin on one of my healers and won quite easily.

It is becoming a save load fest

Game is pretty much dependent on this exploit, but DeNA don't really seem to care. If they were to fix the exploit it would require a pretty big balancing update. Atleast Retaliate is getting phased out by Power Creep.

I'm pretty much down to playing casually now, clearing Ultimates and Classics but not blitzing through stuff or running dailies. 2/3 of my Stamina is unused I think! Hopefully the interest picks back up again once Abyss is released.

The place where I feel power creep the most is the RW. In a 5 day hiatus I lost all the boon people I was following and been unable to find any in the wild since but at the same time I know the quality of RW has gone up significantly as my Ramuh RW gets maybe 6 summons a week these days. I can remember months ago when even WoL Shining Wave was getting me like 5 summons a day. It doesn't matter a lot as I don't need the gil; but it serves as a daily reminder that while I may have some decent relics I have no great ones.

I just realized that I STILL haven't spent any of my Rosetta stones - am I the only one that's afraid to "waste" them?
I was for a while but decided to stop hoarding them and put them on my 6* vii-cc buster sword. At the rate that we're getting them now, by the time I get something better to put them on I'll probably have enough saved up again to max it out anyways. I think it's at 138 atk with 14/15 augment rank.

31ePazt.jpg

Better get those 4* growth eggs and one major orb for wasting 10 while you still can.

e4kuxNX.png

Will it really be tonnes of EXP though?
edit: limiited? I'm slow :(

MicH

That's nice. Too bad I'm working all weekend and I can't be bothered to do all the character quests. Can't wait for the new quest system

Kouriozan

Wow, Cid Missions coming this soon?
Japan had the announcement 1 month before it launched there iirc.
Guess I'll use some refresh for the orb rush this week-end, if it's really good.

Edit : it's also implying we'll get permanent Hall of Rites at the same date, since one of the beginner quest give one soul of a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom