• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Got a 4* FFIV Black Garb on my 100-gem gamble, decided to go for a mythril 3-pull since I wouldn't mind getting Balthier's weapon and it was half subsidized by the unexpected weekend orb event, got 3 3*'s. Figures :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Holy goodness the EXP gains in this + bonus dungeon are real.

I'm leveling up pretty much every other battle.

Lol I kept seeing congrats falk thinking he pulled an awesome 5 star from the freebie daily draw or something. Took me a moment to realize what you all were posting about :p

Grzi

Stuck in the Beatrix fight brehs.
Could have beaten her a few times but without mastery and I really want to master her.
My characters are too slow to kill her without two of them dying in the final phase. Using the cheese tactic of course.
I'll give it a few more runs but I might have to give up on mastery, I guess it's too early after five weeks of playing. But I still feel I'm messing up the timing a bit.

Stuck in the Beatrix fight brehs.
Could have beaten her a few times but without mastery and I really want to master her.
My characters are too slow to kill her without two of them dying in the final phase. Using the cheese tactic of course.
I'll give it a few more runs but I might have to give up on mastery, I guess it's too early after five weeks of playing. But I still feel I'm messing up the timing a bit.

Dude considering you've been playing for a month I'm really shocked you have the gear and means to even beat her. What are you using as your roaming warrior? Can you haste your team by your own means?

Grzi

Dude considering you've been playing for a month I'm really shocked you have the gear and means to even beat her. What are you using as your roaming warrior? Can you haste your team by your own means?

I'm using the cheese Retaliate tactic:
Advance RW
Cloud at lv 65 (no mc2) with Save the Queen and Zell's RM as the main attacker (he does about 7500 dmg per hit) and tempo flurry
Rest of the team are all lv 50 reta users, two with double cut and the other two with the skills for mastery requirement.
One problem is that Sephiroth and Gilgamesh don't have their MCs so I can't use my other Auto Haste (Auron has one and Tyro has Lightning's RM to attack without charge time).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Now Falk can mod while he's puzzle building. lol

I was just doing some reading on this new fight, and the wiki keeps mentioning "CT0" but never actually explains what that means... so what is a CT0 and how are you supposed to exploit it?

Oh are you supposed to use Galuf's SB + Draw Fire to bait the attacks? I guess this is why people say that retameta is dead later in the game... lol

I was just doing some reading on this new fight, and the wiki keeps mentioning "CT0" but never actually explains what that means... so what is a CT0 and how are you supposed to exploit it?

Oh are you supposed to use Galuf's SB + Draw Fire to bait the attacks? I guess this is why people say that retameta is dead later in the game... lol

At first I was thinking of Vit0, but then I googled a bit and found this about the Ultimate Vossler fight:
"At specific HP thresholds, he will use Enrage - he gains Haste, and increased damage. After the first Enrage, he gains a new skill called CT0, which hits for multiple times in succession, ignoring Retaliate and Draw Fire.(not familiar yet?)
CT0's number of hits goes up for every threshold after - to a maximum of 4 hits. At the final phase, his Speed also literally goes off the charts. (Still doesn't seem familiar??)"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If only you could use the all-retaliate team like we did with Beatrix. Why does he have a physical attack that negates retaliate??? lol

I still used retaliate + advance for it, simply because the CT0 attack goes for whoever has the highest percentage of their HP. The attack does ignore retaliate and hit the user, however if you just keep healing the character you want to take the hits with, you don't need to worry about the rest. Just make sure the others are slightly damaged. If you use the galuf relic you won't even need to worry, however I don't know how long that thing lasts. As long as whoever you have use the galuf relic has more of their hp bar than the others you're good to go. If you don't use galuf relic, I do recommend making one of your characters have as much defense as possible, and your healer just keep that healing focused on them. That's how I beat it.

Also, I recommend having your dispel caster at the ready for the moment the boss casts haste. This dude gets way too many turns in rapid succession of you don't keep it off of him. If that happens I doubt anybody could keep up with the slaughter. I saved my own party haste for the mid point of the battle to be sure it would last till the end.

Kain

Aiming for a gun for Balthier I got the XII staff. It's something.

Also this event is cool, money and exp are always welcome :)

PS. wtf Falk? Cool, dude.

I spent all my stamina on Orb Fest since it started (including a refresh from getting 5th shard after a 61 stam dungeon). I have seen one Giant Cactuar. At least the minis pop a lot. Overall, event is really great, though!

MicH

I've had three Gigantuars. Unfortunately two of them were in the material dungeon and the third dropped a MBO

Congrats on becoming a mod, Falk!

Used ten mythril. 7 giants one adamanite and 6 major orbs two of each type. All double broken characters to 80 other than wakka and Fran, have some non cores to get to 65 still. Still 3 major blacks from flare 2, including the three from the penelo event I haven't completed, but major progress.

Noi

I only used a few myth to get Fran to 70 and Balthier/Vaan to 65 for the event. I figure if Im gonna sink myth into any of these phases, it should be one that has orbs I actually want.

Looks like I'm the only one still trying to complete the Ultimate during the orb weekend lol.

I finally killed him with this setup

5J167HI.jpg

WOE2ehwl.png

Since I lack Super Soulbreaks I tanked damage the whole fight, using Stoneskin II (RW), protectga, power breakdown and full break the boss was hitting for 600-800 dmg, 300-400 against P. Cecil.

When the boss was at 60-50% hp I casted Stoneskin II (protectga, power breakdown and full break again). Ashe always on standby ready to cast dispel as soon as possible, Cloud retaliating (4000 dmg with boost), Yuna attacking every now and then with HotF ready to use and the rest attacking cloud.

Power orbs are not a concern of mine, they are coming with abundance:

48 greaters 23 majors through the tactics event, assuming I did the addition right on my iPad.

Combine that with two farm days a week and likely one major and some greaters from the next story dungeon drop.

I,have an advanced active Jp account, I'm not sure what power orb abilities you are looking at? Most of the five star power abilities are quite far off, beyond even the tactics event.

Negator

Something that never really occurred to me...but does protectga + sg/ss2 stack??

Yes, they are the backbone of mitigation in FFRK.

And I feel like I will always need power orbs. All of the Machinist abilities, the Samurai fire attack, all the 4* spellblades, all the breakdowns, extra Lifesiphons, the list goes on and on and on.

LucaMac

yes. same with shellga and the etudes

You sure about that one? News to me if that's the case. Surely they are the same buff?

Ten mythril went bye bye on this orb weekend. Less or more on the next ones depending on content. Currently working through this list regarding leveling...

https://m.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeep...ter_leveling_priority_mk_ii_updated_mc2_list/

Getting there. Currently running Reno, Faris, Zell, Penelo and Baltier. All above are capped and quite a few below. In my Japan account Penelo and Baltier weren't nearly as neglected. Have both at 80. I have Baltiers fire gun. Dropped him from the party recently to only discover his week that he can steal power. I thought he couldn't. Kept trying to equip it but it didn't show up as a possability...so I benched him. Turns out I didn't have Steal Power on my Japan account to equip in the first place. I'm as sharp as a wooden spoon it seems.

You sure about that one? News to me if that's the case. Surely they are the same buff?

Ten mythril went bye bye on this orb weekend. Less or more on the next ones depending on content. Currently working through this list regarding leveling...

https://m.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeep...ter_leveling_priority_mk_ii_updated_mc2_list/

Getting there. Currently running Reno, Faris, Zell, Penelo and Baltier. All above are capped and quite a few below. In my Japan account Penelo and Baltier weren't nearly as neglected. Have both at 80. I have Baltiers fire gun. Dropped him from the party recently to only discover his week that he can steal power. I thought he couldn't. Kept trying to equip it but it didn't show up as a possability...so I benched him. Turns out I didn't have Steal Power on my Japan account to equip in the first place. I'm as sharp as a wooden spoon it seems.

I meant the etudes stack with sg/ss2 like the equivalent spells.

The choice of four of eight mc2s will be interesting. Four of them I have useful soul breaks, aeris, vivi, lulu, vanille. Granted, not pp or oerba or lulus second sb. Yet all four are mages that I treat very similarly. So not any real variety, perhaps I'll pull an ssb for one of the others in the ssb banners.

Jyrii

Banned
I love this orb event.

I got L.Celil, Squall, Rinoa and Sephiroth to LV80. Lenna, Tidus & Wakka over LV70 and few other characters to 65.

On top of that I honed Meteor to R2, Ruinga to R4, Maduin to R2, Drainga to R2 and Diaga to R4.

Also congrats Falk!

WarAdept

Used 3 mithril this Orbfest weekend. Kind of regret, due to wanting to burn it on the Power phase, but it feels so good to finally get the last of my cores level broken.

LucaMac

I meant the etudes stack with sg/ss2 like the equivalent spells.

I'm just not a functioning human being at all these days clearly.

Just moved on to the classic dungeons we don't have yet in Japan. I forgot about that boss in V with the three invincible dopplegangers. Threw a lot of aoe at them on the first turn from all angles and all three of them countered with their own aoe attacks right back. If I hadn't stacked mitigation in the trash rounds as a precaution I'd have been massacred. Couldn't figure out how to pick the real one out (maybe Mog told me in Japanese) so I just healed up and kept going...not going to be as doable in elite thats for sure. Might wait til I've done it in global first.

I'm just not a functioning human being at all these days clearly.

Just moved on to the classic dungeons we don't have yet in Japan. I forgot about that boss in V with the three invincible dopplegangers. Threw a lot of aoe at them on the first turn from all angles and all three of them countered with their own aoe attacks right back. If I hadn't stacked mitigation in the trash rounds as a precaution I'd have been massacred. Couldn't figure out how to pick the real one out (maybe Mog told me in Japanese) so I just healed up and kept going...not going to be as doable in elite thats for sure. Might wait til I've done it in global first.

yeah, be careful. i had to redo a dungeon b/c the boss was magic only and I only had diaga. whoops!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are the FF12 banners worth drawing on? Since they raised the price of the single draw, I've actually had to start thinking about it now. $1.5 seems to be the point where it's not an impulse purchase anymore.

WarAdept

Are the FF12 banners worth drawing on? Since they raised the price of the single draw, I've actually had to start thinking about it now. $1.5 seems to be the point where it's not an impulse purchase anymore.

As always, depends on your attachment to those characters and your need for XII synergy. Balthier's and Fran's new gun/bow, along with Penelo's Staff are handy but with SSB Celebration coming soon, it's most likely more efficient to try and pull then.

Negator

The items are good, but if you're going to spend money, wait for the SSB Fest/Tactics banner soon.

Falk

that puzzling face
I am an idiot and thought Weekend Orb Fest would end at 4pm.

So now I just woke up and am sitting here with a full stamina bar.

:|

LucaMac

yeah, be careful. i had to redo a dungeon b/c the boss was magic only and I only had diaga. whoops!

Yep...just got caught there. The prick keeps warping back to the beginning of battle. All physical party. Have Clouds BSSB and could do over half his health bar in one go. Then poof
...full health again. F you Luca Mac.

MicH

I'm gonna try taking down Bossier with a hyper-offensive setup. Two SSBs + PP with no AoE healing.

EDIT Damn! I mastered it on first try! Not even one S/L needed! He seems to have really low HP as I just bursted him down extremely quick. Easiest ultimate for me so far

Noi

YXfiV4ym.jpeg

uuuuuuugh

I dont know if I WANT to go back in there. This is after a gazillion S/Ls, completely running out of abilities and having my first Galuf RW person bite the bullet, but of course Vossler had to smack Vaan before the second RW went out. At least he dropped a Major Power to compensate me.

Do I want those four majors that badly. This Ultimate is asking for SBs and abilities that I straight up dont have / arent honed.

edit: Here's my party comp, if anyone suggestions to give that'd be swell. Using Galuf RW.

MicH

This is the setup I used:

9VebQRHl.jpg

Cloud has Blade Beam (SSB), Lightning has Crushing Blow (SSB), Red XIII has Lunatic High and Aerith has Planet Protector

Noi

Honed Quake to R4, Armor Break to R5 and gave Vaan Vosler's glove. Took a few more S/Ls, but the winning run was one where I had Balthier re-cast Unyielding Fist while his was still active, with the previous cast timing out a milisecond before the cast finished.

JoHHRUUm.jpeg

Worth it. Personal hardest Ultimate so far tho.

Falk

that puzzling face
OH MY GOD CECIL IS OP

SCREENIES INCOMING

edit:
The fight for me was basically hovering his ass at 50% while I set up my HP and had enough SB for a second SSII. Fran basically was attacking people to get them to 2/3 hp. Cecil spams Draw Fire at this point while getting chain healed (which also builds SSII gauge)

Then, SSII, Rampart, Lunatic High, AND LET HER RIP

The extremely scary CT0 hitting for 270-290 x 3 or 4
IPfNt8kl.jpg

Cecil's Armor Strike hitting for 7500-7900
zPjXdX6l.jpg

I actually wanted him to CT0 as much as possible because the rest of my party could only take 4 aoe attacks max before someone died. The fact that he has guaranteed CT0s crossing the 40% and 20% (2 times) threshold made this acceptable odds in my favor.

Only had a Danjuro for XII, and I guess I should have swapped Yuna out for someone else considering I didn't blow HotF at all (it'd mess up my set up)

Yep...just got caught there. The prick keeps warping back to the beginning of battle. All physical party. Have Clouds BSSB and could do over half his health bar in one go. Then poof
...full health again. F you Luca Mac.

Yeah, that was a rude awakening. One Mage cannot out deal regen in those circumstances. Haha, ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom