• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarekx

euI27H5m.png

Looks like it's the good version.

Awesome on both points. I have completed all of the quests already so I am good t go there. Free mythril for the new cid quests, yes please. Tip: don't sell or upgrade/combine weapons and armors that you don't really need until this drops that way you can complete this right away.

Weekend orb rush? Ok, great. Underwhelming if it is just lightning wind and white, for me anyway. I have the equivalent of 587 greater whites, 476 greater lightnings and 415 greater winds on hand, so those are three orbs I don't really need more of right now, I have valefor/curaja at r5 and diaga, life siphon, and dismissal at r4. Black summons and earth please, mainly for flare r2/r3 meteor r4 and Bahamut r3. I would try to burn 20 mythril if summons orbs are featured. I will anyway if the exp is what it should have been last time. Between the cid missions and the orb dungeon mythrils, should be easy to burn a fair amount for stamina refreshes and still come out ahead. I have 7 characters at level 80 already so I should be able to max all named characters out and perhaps a couple of the core characters as well.

Will be interesting to see how they've crammed the orbs in for this, if it will be all of the orb types up for gram or what.

LucaMac

Possibly it will be those three orbs this weekend, then a different three next weekend etc?

Edit: May actually make sense. It would be the same time frame per dungeon as the orb fest, but there would be no overlap so we couldn't be cheeky and stay in a preferred dungeon longer...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Oh crap - I've been totally ignoring quests - only focusing on events and story dungeons.

Guess I need to rush through and at least finish the ones that award Mythril.

MicH

Loks like it's only Earth, fire and black orbs this weekend. I could really use some greater blacks as well as major earth and black. I have so many greater and major fire orbs that I don't need them at all anymore and I also have a ton of greater earth. Mondays are usually bonus battles day for me now - or, if I have nothing else to do, upgrade material farming day

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't get why Black tbh.

Long term there's a shit ton of 5* Power-hungry skills but nary a 5* Black skill.

I don't get why Black tbh.

Long term there's a shit ton of 5* Power-hungry skills but nary a 5* Black skill.
I'm wondering if it is going to more than one weekend. Three weekends could work as 4 sets of 3 orb types, weapon upgrade and gil or growth eggs with two of those each week. In that case I wonder if they pull the orb types out of a hat. Then again that sounds sensible and we've known them to not be sensible :p

Kouriozan

Just got a stamina refresh on a stamina up (133, been busy the last day or two) so I guess I'll wait a few minutes and dive in when the orb thing goes live?

Edit: Oh wow, is this true about how the new quests will work and the rewards you can buy with the new currency? This sounds rad as hell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/44b75a/what_the_new_quest_system_will_look_like/
The greens will come much later, JP only got it last month, so expect 4/5 months before it hits global.

Dungeons up.
On + difficulty three rounds of mini cactuars gives you 189960 EXP with champion. No rounds of minis gives you 75984 EXP with champion.

The BGM is also from Final Fantasy Fables :D Dungeon BGM from mystery dungeon and battle BGM from chocobo tales.

Balphon

Oh wow, so that's what good orb fest xp is like.

Seems to be a little less than the Sunday daily at a minimum, but more if you get any mini-cactuar waves.

On +, at least.

I didn't run into the orb cactuars, but the even description doesn't say that they give bonus exp so I'd guess they don't.

EDIT: Seems any of the cactuar waves give the same bonus exp if Reddit is to be believed.

Used 5 Reta party to dominate Ultimate Beatrix. Only had to S/L once because I mistimed my Reta refreshes the first time.

After that, I did a 100 Gem pull: 5* Lohengrin (XII). It's only 114 ATK and doesn't have any shared SB. That will teach me to get excited just from seeing the explosion of lights!

At least it has 198 RS ATK, so I can use it instead of my 174 RS ATK Danjuro.

I'm getting sick of all the "Win without X being KO'd". This game needs a "Transfer all equipment/abilities/RM to X" button.

Or something like Favorites but for individual characters.

Balphon

Used 5 Reta party to dominate Ultimate Beatrix. Only had to S/L once because I mistimed my Reta refreshes the first time.

After that, I did a 100 Gem pull: 5* Lohengrin (XII). It's only 114 ATK and doesn't have any shared SB. That will teach me to get excited just from seeing the explosion of lights!

At least it has 198 RS ATK, so I can use it instead of my 174 RS ATK Danjuro.

Seeing the non-sparkly 5* orb is kinda the worst.

At least when I get a 3* I can feel justified in my disappointment.

I wanted to get the new boss rushes out the way before the pleasant farming of orbs, so I went ahead and mastered the new Ultimate with this team,

12622391_10154533873303989_2278429019450426364_o.jpg

But boy, it wasn't pretty! I had to save scum just twice, however I feel like at any point during the final moments of the fight, the boss could've ended me with his crazy four hits in a row shenanigans. I ended up just healing my highest defense dude Sazh, every chance I could get to make sure the boss would only target him. Still used advance + retaliate for this and made short work of the first part of the battle with that and Meteor. Lost two medals on damage and one on turns (as usual). Make sure you take off this dudes haste with your dispel the second you get a chance!!!!!

Noi

3-pull on second banner, all 3*, no one is suprised.

At least I have this surprise orbfest to soothe my soul.

Edit: And upon checking, two of the 3* are gear I already have 3++ versions of. Coooool.

Jyrii

Banned
The orb event gives pretty nice XP. I think I an going to spend quite a lot of my mythril for refreshes and get some orbs at the same time.

broz0rs

I was taking a look at the next event, the one in which has Terra's SSB rod. Is this correct?

10-hit MAG, Single target, Non-ele, Multiplier 18

Isn't that going to do 100k damage to a boss?

unround

I was taking a look at the next event, the one in which has Terra's SSB rod. Is this correct?

I think the 18x is cumulative, so it would be 1.8x per hit for 10 hits.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's also no guarantee we'll even get Tornado Strike. :/

Even if we don't get the event, we will still likely get the skill to create.

Yeh, unlike Dark Blitz etc, Tornado and Spellswords are very much Final Fantasy. Blizzaja event didn't happen but it was put in the game.

1.8 x 10. Meaning twice the potency of a Meteor in total, (practically) without the 9999 limit.

Dragner

Im a total noob pulled Balthier weapon with a 100 gem pull. Is him worth it? Im using Rikku with her SB as thief right now. But is SB seems sweet. What to do, and how to use him, spellblade seems awesome on him.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's the SB she gets from her SSB in the next event? That seems absurd?

You're honestly not going to do more than 30-40k stacking every MAG buff known to mankind on her. It's on par with the other SSBs, with the potential to scale further down the road.

Except they fixed absurd buff stacking too in a later balance patch :V

Balphon

That's the SB she gets from her SSB in the next event? That seems absurd?

Rinoa's Wishing Star is also 18.0x, just over 5 hits instead of 10. The multipliers on magic abilities tend to be higher than physical ones.

1.8x is a slightly higher modifier than Fire/Blizzard/Thunder (1.5x), for reference.

You're honestly not going to do more than 30-40k stacking every MAG buff known to mankind on her. It's on par with the other SSBs, with the potential to scale further down the road.

Except they fixed absurd buff stacking too in a later balance patch :V

Which absurd buff stacking exactly?

WarAdept

Im a total noob pulled Balthier weapon with a 100 gem pull. Is him worth it? Im using Rikku with her SB as thief right now. But is SB seems sweet. What to do, and how to use him, spellblade seems awesome on him.

Balthier is one of the best characters in the game, especially if you have a gun for him. Steal Power already makes him super valuable both as a debuff to the enemy and to greatly increase his damage. Add back row defence and spellblade to the mix? He's good.

Razmos

Gave up on ultimate Beatrix after a few attempts, not even justifying that shit. Climhazzard followed immediately by a stock break wiping out my entire party, screw that. I don't have the patience for that kind of on-the-edge "can kill you at any moment" strategy that seems to be entirely luck based.

Gave up on ultimate Beatrix after a few attempts, not even justifying that shit. Climhazzard followed immediately by a stock break wiping out my entire party, screw that. I don't have the patience for that kind of on-the-edge "can kill you at any moment" strategy that seems to be entirely luck based.

Actually the fight is pretty straight forward and more timing related than luck related. I know that you have the gears and characters to beat this. Every Climbhazzard and Stock break can be predicted. It's all about AoE healing at the right time and overwriting sap with regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom